Phantom Of The Dead

By Abi_Matt

"Mom doesn't drink, dad", she said. "We don't know that", he replied. "You don't. But I do", she insisted... More

A/N
The Death
The Matthew's Family
A Promise
The Funeral
A New Beginning
Reverse Psychology
Wedding
Prank Gone Wrong
Grounded
The Movie
Missing Mom
The Dream
Cousins
Double Trouble
Drink N Drive
The Call
Tragedy At School
Regrets
Kidnapped
My little girl
Finally a lead
The poor little kid
Sleepless days
Thank god
freakin' law
Danger
Two invalids
What actually happened
All set
Memories
A Date ?
Sorry, but not an update!
DATE DAY
A Tiny Accident
Memory Loss?
Sweet Dreams!
Stubborn Little Kid
In Persu Of A Dead Person
Creepy Nightmare
Spill the beans
Album
Tap Tap Tap
A bit of snooping
Spy
Trouble
Cops
New Addition
Unraveling The Truth
Baby
Little sister
Party & DNA
Painful Truth
A/N
Repairing Bonds
The Birthday
The Prank
Hatred
Confusion
Apologies
Change Of Heart
Dazzled
Once Again
Affairs
A Bottle Of Wine
Strangled
Lie
Murder... Attempt!
Waking Up
Again
A Prick
Adam
Elevator
Blondie
Not-Normal
Recordings
Amanda?
The Boot
A Look-Alike?
Adamant little kid
Meeting 'her'
And 'She' Speaks
The-That Accident
Memories Of Betrayal
Detective's
The Intention
UPDATE

The Aftermath

4.3K 92 12
By Abi_Matt

Abigail's POV

It's been around two days since mom died. Yesterday was her funeral. I noticed that dad and Aaron acted tough and strong but I knew that it was only for me, and inside they were heartbroken. Heartbroken just like I am.

I was the total opposite, I couldn't stop crying while she was buried. She was so pale and had so many bruises on her face. The mere sight of it made me cry.

I remembered all the times when she sang me songs and told me stories before bed. Her cooking was amazing. In fact, everything about her is, well was amazing. She was the best mom one could ever get but… I lost her.

After the funeral, a lot of people came home to pay their condolences and we also got a lot of calls. Grandpa and grandma from both sides came to our house. Mom's parents cried so much because she was their only child. Their other daughter killed herself years back.

So sure about that. Huh?

Even I miss mom a lot and I prayed sincerely and hoped that this whole thing was just a big long crazy nightmare but it wasn't. It was all true and really crazy.

I officially don't have a mom. I am motherless. I don't have anyone to cook, read, sing, sleep, give me cuddles. Most importantly I don't have anyone to call 'mom's nor anyone to love me as mom did.

My one and only mom died and I swore when I see the person who caused her death, I'll definitely ask him 'why'. 'Why the fuck did your truck loose control'.

I've been spending almost my entire time locked up in my room and when dad said that he wanted to talk to me, I hesitantly obeyed him and went downstairs.

I found Aaron and Mitchell, Aaron's girlfriend sitting on the sofa and I took a seat in between them. They both were really good people. It was as if they were made for each other.

Hmm... Doubtful about that.

Anyways, Dad spent an hour talking to his boss and then got another call and started talking again. He hardly noticed we were present and continued talking.

Meanwhile, my patience grew lower and lower. I was afraid that I might burst if no one talks or at least notices me.

Aaron's POV

Dad just finished speaking to his boss. He was the chief medical surgeon at the army hospital in Washington. Dad's boss surprisingly agreed to let dad go saying that he needed his family and his kids needed their father.

Even dad was surprised because he was basically the head of the entire hospital and it was really tough to get a new administrative person qualified enough to run a hospital.

I could tell that Dad was really really happy that he could finally come back home and spend quality time with his family. After all, he loved us a lot

I was happy too, to hear that he could come home because, well, I missed him a lot all these years and because I knew it would be tough and almost impossible to take care of an 11-year-old alone. I'm just 22 and have no idea about raising a kid let alone a naughty 11-year-old pre-teen. You know what I am talking about right Periods, Tampons, boyfriends, mood swings, etc. etc.

The most important thing was the "boyfriend's" part. There is no way I am gonna let my little sister date. But if I don't allow her to date, she would date behind my back. Just like I did but I was around 13 years old.

I was also wondering if Abi will be fond of this idea even though she loves us both, both of us dad is kinda strict and I'm very overprotective and even though she won't admit it, she is scared of both of us.

Andrew's POV

After finishing a call from the house movers, I finally sat down with my kids and Mitchelle. They were all so quiet and looked sad.

Nobody spoke a thing but after a few minutes in complete awkward silence Abi decided to break the silence by asking "guys, why isn't anyone talking. Are we supposed to sit her silent for the entire night?"

Her voice was full of sadness and I felt myself pitying but before I could say anything Aaron snapped at her." why don't you speak if you're so keen on conversing now", he harshly said.

I was so sure that this would end up in a huge fight but surprisingly Abi calmly asked "so, where am I supposed to live".

"obviously here", me and Aaron said at the same time in a sort of astonished voice because the question is… a bit dumb.

A second later she screamed "alone? With Aaron? Are you out of you're fucking mind" and once again before I could chastise her for swearing at me, Aaron bet me to it?

He calmly stated with a huge grin on his face "Why? Don't you wanna live with me? I mean if you don't want to, me and dad can find an orphanage, a really nice one and send you there, I guess you would love staying at a place where spiders and cockroaches roam around.".

I accept that was really mean and for the third time today, before I could say anything, Mitchell yelled at Aaron to shut up. To which Aaron rolled his eyes but unfortunately, my youngest wasn't gonna let it go. She yelled at him to 'shut the fuck up'.

I totally lost it. There was no way my daughter was going to get away with swearing. So, I yelled at both of them to cut it out.

Thankfully they stopped but Abi started crying, or fake crying. I took a moment to see if she was really trying or displaying her amazing acting skills but, after close inspection, I realized that she was indeed crying.

I just couldn't handle all the sadness and yelling and cursing but somehow I found myself softly telling her to come near and she came. She sat on my knees with her head on my very muscular chest and then continued weeping.

I tried comforting her but to no avail. She kept on mumbling something about staying alone with a really overprotective brother and all I could do was let out a chuckle. She didn't know that I was moving back home.

After a long time of crying, I decided to tell her the news. I removed a strand of hair from her face and placed it behind her ear. I saw a tear-stained little face with a pout on it.

I placed her on the couch next to me and told her "See, I am leaving my job in Washington and shifting here, back home..so don't cry, we're all here for you and nobody's going anywhere and you're definitely not going anywhere, no matter what Aaron says, you'll always be with us. Just so you know, I'll be lost without my little Abi".

That definitely did the work and she almost instantly stopped crying. She then asked, "where will you work daddy". That was a really tough question. I was and still am a doctor but I always wanted to be a teacher so I thought why not be a science teacher aww.

I told her about my idea to be a teacher and she sounded excited and happily screamed "yeah". I then continued "so maybe, maybe I can take up a job as a teacher in your school" and her reaction really made me really. She was really thrilled to hear that.

She kept screaming about being with me the entire day. Finally, after calming down, she said "If you join my school I can be with you the whole day and I can even have lunch with you. Right? What is better than that ??".

And again before I could answer Aaron said "it also means that you might get your ass whipped in school by dad. Right, dad ??". That boy had a huge nasty grin on his face. He surely liked teasing his little sister.

Just to annoy Abi I replied "Yes" but That clearly set her off "you can't punish me at school", she screamed on top of her lungs.

I calmly replied, "of course I can". I expected her to throw a tantrum but she said "then, I'll be good" to which Aaron replied, "well, we'll see about that."

Abigail's POV

Just as I was about to go into my room and lock myself up, dad snapped his fingers at me and motioned me to follow him and that's what I did.

Soon, I found myself in his bathroom on a corner of the bathtub. I had no idea what I did wrong but soon I understood that I was getting punished for swearing.

My eyes opened wide when dad I unwrapped a bar of soap. It was a lavender and cherry flavored soap and smelled delicious but… I don't even wanna know how it tastes.

That thing is made of so many chemicals and would definitely taste horrible. Even worse than dad's cooking. I had to smack my head with my hands for cursing.

You see, I have a really bad habit of cursing a lot, and dad is the total opposite. He hates cursing so freaking much.

This is not the first time I found my mouth getting washed with soap. It's probably the 20th time or something.

The first time was when I was 7 years old. I literally told Aaron to fuck off and also repeated it about 3 times when he asked me to repeat what I said.

That time, I had to keep that piece of shit in my mouth for 5 whole minutes. 5 freaking minutes and the time grew as I grew up.

The last time I cursed, I had to keep it in for 10 while minutes and was not even allowed to rinse it out. Thankfully Aaron was kind enough to give me a cup of milk to wash out the awful taste.

I was removed from my thoughts when dad said "open up your mouth" through gritted teeth.

Eww, Eww Eww...I still can't believe I am getting my mouth washed with soap! It tastes so Yucky. So instead I shut it tighter than earlier.

Dad was getting impatient by every second and suddenly He raised his voice a bit and told me to open my mouth. Instead of obeying and tasting that cursed piece of soap, I made a dash to the door of my parent's bedroom. But, just as I was gonna run away to my room, I bumped into Aaron.

Shit Shit Shit, I thought as I still tried to run to my room but Aaron caught me before I even made it halfway to my room. Which is actually the room next to my parents.

His grip on my hand was really really harsh and in frustration and pain, I yelled "let me go you di*khead. stop being a jerk". The very next second his palm connected with my face and I felt this sting on my right cheek.

Yep, that's right I got a tight slap from my brother. His hands were strong as steel and I was certain it left a print on my face.

Aaron looked sort of sorry for slapping me. Before he could tell something, dad came out of his room and tanked me away and took me back into the bathroom.

Andrew's POV

I was mad at Abigail. Like really really mad. I mean if your 11-year-old yells like that wouldn't you be pissed off? Well, I certainly was.

I've had enough. My wife just died and I'm really upset about it but a little brat called 'Abi' wants to irritate me even more. She's just digging her own grave.

In anger, I dragged her to my bathroom and then pried open her mouth. She had it shut so tight. When I finally forced her mouth open, she looked like a goldfish. Auh so sweet!

Ignoring her little cute face, I forced the bar of soap into her mouth, and even before 2 minutes, she had tears rolling down her cheeks.

I was actually glad that she obediently kept the bar of soap into her mouth but I was wrong. The next second she spat the soap bar out.

Abigail's POV

I spit the soap out. I didn't do it on purpose but still, I did it. I thought dad would get tired of me and let me off the hook but unfortunately, dad washed the soap and shoved it in my mouth.

Before I could even think of spitting it, he kept his hand over my mouth so I wouldn't spit it out again. He also restarted the timer.

And that's how I found myself for the next 10 minutes. Those 10 minutes were pure torture. The taste was terrible and when he finally took his hand off my mouth, my mouth smelt like lavender and cherries but tasted like… shit.

At least I was allowed to rinse the taste out, almost. That was the ape only thing I was glad out. Dad gave me a hug before sternly saying "you better keep that mouth of yours from swearing or else…"

That threat was enough for me to zip my mouth shut. I know exactly what that 'else' is, and it's definitely not a good feeling. You never wanna get a spanking from dad, he never pitied me while roasting my ass and never will in the future.

I was later allowed to go back to my room. On my way, I bumped into Aaron, again. This time I apologize for swearing at him and my dear brother gave me a kiss on my forehead and forgave me.

The first thing I did upon reaching my room was lock the door. I needed a bit of privacy. From underneath my bed, I took out my secret diary and wrote the happenings of my day.

Mom always told me to write about my day and one day while reading through it I'll have a good laugh about it.

Speaking of mom, mom was the only person who knew of the diary. She was the only one who had the permission to go through it.

No one had that permission. Not even Aaron, even though we both are really really close.

The relationship between mom and me was really different and private. She was my best friend. Well… adult best friend. She knew about all my secrets. She was a good secret keeper.

I'm just sad that she died. She deserved to live for a thousand years. The thousand years reminded me of the song by Christina Perri and that's what I played.

I felt tears falling down my cheeks as I heard the song. It was mommy's favorite song.

It still is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

MINE By DreamJunky

Teen Fiction

383K 8.6K 41
"Now that I know what makes you tick.." He said walking over to me. "I know how to make you listen to me." He brushed my hair behind my ears. Damn it...
20.1K 1.1K 60
Formerly known as "The Heartthrob Won't Leave Me Alone!" - "God Blake, you're a true enigma" Her eyes widened slightly at his words. "I don't underst...
857 0 6
Seventeen years ago, Skyler was born in the most dreadful way. In a puddle of blood, left for dead. But Skyler was never alone. Eight spirits are con...
6.6K 163 19
Stuck. That's how Athena felt in her life. Stuck with no light at the end of the tunnel. Athena's friends were her only outlet in the shitty town she...