I Could Fall

By kissmyredlips

The S #3 She was the most innocent and purest Serrano... until she wasn't. Alister Santiesteban is the name t... More

Prelude
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Final Chapter
Epilogue
ICF & TBL Announcement

Chapter Forty-One

42.9K 1.4K 696
By kissmyredlips

"All the single ladies, please come to the dance floor!" the host announced.

That's my cue.

"Baby Dionne, let's go to Mama Sav. I have to do something first, okay?" I cooed to my niece. Kuya Xavi and Ate Lavie's child.

Her curly hair was tied into high pigtails. Her eyes were doll-like and she had a natural rosy cheeks. Her nose was predominantly a Serrano's. Her over-all beauty is a mix of Serrano and Fabella, though.

"Okay!" she happily replied with her cute accent.

I can't help but smile at how adorable she is. I kissed her on the cheek before carrying her to expedite the plan.

I brought her to my parent's tables. My grandparents were with them, too. The Gallego family are with them as well. Nabigla pa si Mommy nang bigla kong ilapag si Dionne sa hita niya. She frowned at me but I just grinned at her and left before she could say a word.

I hurried my way to Ate Lavie who was busy watching Kuya Xavi from afar. Her heavy frown got replaced with a gasp when I suddenly grabbed her hand and pulled her from her chair.

"Wait, Hyon." She tried to resist but it's no use. I pulled her towards the dancefloor like it's a matter of life and death.

"It'll be fun, Ate," I snickered.

It's the wedding reception of Kuya Silas and Ate Laurene. It was held at the biggest function hall of the main Serrano Hotel. Maraming imbitado, pambawi dahil walang nakapunta sa church wedding nila. It was only the two of them during that ceremony and we only watched it through a live feed.

Now, it's the traditional bouquet throwing. Just like what the host wanted, all the the single ladies joined in. I made sure to get Ate Lavie in front and center. Ate Laurene, the bride, had her back turned on us. She's waiting for the host's signal to throw the bouquet of flowers.

"1... 2... 3!"

My sister faked throwing it, making everyone gasp and squeal in anticipation. Their excitement was halted when she suddenly turned to face us instead.

She was mischievously smiling as she eyed our cousin. Ate Lavie stiffened as Ate Laurene approached her. I couldn't help but smile as Ate Laurene handed her the bouquet.

"What?" Ate Lavie asked in bafflement.

"It's yours, Ate," my sister giggled and grabbed Ate Lavie's free hand to pull her to the chair that was already placed at the middle of the dance floor.

I looked around and noticed the surprise and confusion in the audience's faces, aside from our family because they already know the truth about Ate Lavie and Kuya Xavi's relationship. The time that passed made them more accepting to the idea. It's been what? Almost a year when our parents finally supported their relationship. They stayed abroad for the past year. Ngayon lang nila napagdesisyonan na umuwi dahil sa wedding ni Ate Laurene.

Kina Grannis's voice began to croon the lyrics of Iris from the speakers as Kuya Xavi made his way to Ate Lavie who looked nervous and terrified at the same time.

It was all planned. Kuya Xavi was meant to get the garter and Ate Lavie was meant to get the bouquet. It was all perfectly designed for this moment.

Ate Lavie was couldn't avert her eyes from my brother. Nagtatanong ang mga mata at kita pa rin ang kaba sa kanyang mukha. Kuya Xavi slowly knelt in front of her.

Napakagat ako sa labi nang dumukot si Kuya X sa kanyang bulsa at inilabas ang maliit na kahon na naglalaman ng singsing. His face was serious now and I can tell that he's also a little nervous.

Ate Lavie's eyes widened at the sight of the diamond ring inside the box. Her hands covered her lips. She looled at the object with teary eyes before looking back at my brother.

Kuya X anxiously licked his lips before taking a deep breath. "Marry me, please?"

That's it. Simple yet it was already too much. Everyone gasped but they didn't care though.

Hindi nagtagal ang pagtango at pag-iyak ni Ate Lavie. "Yes," she happily answered.

The look on Kuya Xavi's face was priceless. Pati siya ay naluha rin sa naging sagot ni Ate Lavie. Isinuot niya ang singsing sa daliri ni Ate. Ate Lavie hugged him and then held both of his cheeks to kiss him — not caring if everyone's watching them.

They deserve this. After all they've been through, they deserve to be happy. Ate Laurene squealed as she approached the newly engaged couple, with her husband, Kuya Silas, trailing closely behind her.

My heart swelled as I continued watching them. My hand flew to my chest. I tried to soothe it with my palm. It was being squeezed so tightly that it hurts.

My cheeks began to hurt from smiling, too. I'm happy for them. So intensely happy. My lips were trembling, my eyes were hazy, and there's an unfathomable sting in my chest but I didn't stop from smiling widely. Smile, Hyon.

An arm slung over my shoulders, making me jump. My head quickly snapped to see who it was.

"Kuya," I exclaimed after seeing Kuya Hadeon.

With his usual devious smirk, he winked and pulled me with him without a word. He made us join the exchange of hugs. Naunang nakalapit si Kuya Zeno. Our families joined to congratulate us. May mga close friends na bumati. My smile was a fixture on my lips the whole time.

A tap on my shoulder made me turn. I saw Trix and Phil who were both grinning widely. Ate L allowed me to bring my closest friends to her wedding reception, so I invited them. Kasama ko sila kanina pero humiwalay rin para laruin si Dionne.

"Babe, alis na kami." Phil pulled me for a hug and kissed me on the cheek.

Sunod akong hinila ni Trix at napasunod naman ako. "She's in a hurry to leave 'cos our officemates are at the club."

Umirap si Phil bago muling excited na ngumiti sa akin. "Come with us! You're dressed for it!" She pointed at what I'm wearing.

It's a silky navy blue dress that inches upto my knees. It was slightly fitted and its column cowl neck made it look glamorous. The spaghetti straps were thin and it crosses on my lower back. I completed the look with gold necklace and nude strappy heels.

Until now, clubs aren't my scene. It will only take one hand to count the number of time I've been in bars. I only give in when it's for a birthday celebration.

I made a face. I'm ready to say no but Kuya Hadeon suddenly joined our conversation. "Sumama ka na, Hyon."

"Oo nga. Sumama ka na!" gatong ni Phil.

"You should go and have fun. Puro ka na lang trabaho at bahay. Ako na ang magpapaalam para sa'yo," dagdag pa ni Kuya Hadeon. He's wearing an easy smile but there's something in his eyes that seemed doleful.

"May pasok bukas, Kuya," sinubukan ko pang makalusot. My friends grunted because of it.

"You're the CEO's daughter. I'm sure it will be fine." Humalakhak siya at tinapik ang balikat ko bago nagawang itulak palapit sa mga kaibigan ko. He brought his attention to them. "Take her."

"Sure!" Phil giggled and clung her arm around mine. Walang pasabi na hinila niya ako. "Bye, Kuya Hadeon!"

They didn't give me a chance to get away. Hinila na nila ako palabas ng function hall. I don't even have cash or my phone with me. Sinabi ko sa kanila 'yon pero ang sagot nila ay hindi ko 'yon kailangan dahil sila na ang bahala sa akin.

It was a thirty minute drive. Malapit lang ang hotel sa high-end nightclubs. Of course, all of our hotels were strategically placed.

Just like any high-end nightclub, the place was loud and jam-packed. Phil held my hand as Trix led the way and navigated us through the crowd.

Their friends were occupying the circular couch. There are a few familiar faces, mga officemates nila Phil and Trix na nakasama ko nung birthday celebration nila.

"Hi!" bati nila Phil and Trix sa mga kaibigan bago nakipagbeso.

Nang makita ako ng mga kakilala kong officemate nila ay bumati at bumeso rin ang mga ito sa akin. They introduced me to the new faces. I politely smiled and greeted back.

"And to properly welcome the newcomers," Erika lifted two shot glasses and handed it to Trix and Phil. Sunod niya ako tiningnan at nakangising inabot ang shot glass sa akin.

It's a tequila shot. I grimaced. I hate this drink. The taste is too strong and it burns my throat. Every event, I only have one shot of this. They know it's my limit.

Phil winked at me for encouragement. She licked some salt before drinking the whole thing in one gulp. Her face scrunched up as she sucked on the lemon slice.

Huminga ako nang malalim at ginaya ang steps niya. I almost threw up at the taste. Thank God for the lemon.

I thought that was the first and last of it. One of the new faces, Tricia, kept on distributing tequila shots to everyone. Sunod-sunod. Sa ikaapat na shot ay sinubukan kong tumanggi.

"Ay, sis, 'wag mo akong ipahiya," sabi nito sa akin. "Mag-wa-walkout ako."

The others lauded for me to drink it. Nag-angat pa ng baso ang isa para sabayan ako. Others joined to show their support. Wala akong nagawa kundi ang uminom din.

My head was starting to spin and my body feels light. Sa sumunod na abot sa akin ng tequila shot ay walang angal na ininom ko na 'yon. I think thirty percent of the liquid spilled on my dress but who cares.

I scanned our group who were rowdy and laughing. May tatlong nakatayo pa at sumasayaw. I snickered as I watched them. It looks fun. I wanna dance, too!

Without missing a beat, I stood up and made my way to their spot. I think I floated towards them because I didn't feel my feet take a single step.

"Sali ako, please!" A giggle unconsciously escaped me.

They hooted and welcomed me into their tiny huddle. I jumped to the beat with them. I couldn't resist the wide grin on my face. I feel like I stepped out of a cage. I've never felt so free.

I lifted my arms in the air. My head bobbed left and right. Sumasabog na ang mahaba kong buhok sa mukha ko. I brushed it up with one hand, not caring if it will be disheveled.

I tilted my head back. The strobe lights hit my eyes. Napapikit ako dahil sa pagkasilaw. I stopped from moving a bit when the floor felt like it was moving under me.

A hand touched my arm. Napadilat ako at nakita ang isa babae na nakalimutan ko na ang pangalan. She pulled me to dance with her. I happily obliged. She even spun me around. My eyes found the bar and I gasped when a brilliant idea crossed my mind.

I retrieved my hand from the girl and turned towards the bar. "I wanna dance there!" I pointed in front.

"Huh? Where?"

I grinned, feeling giddy with excitement. I stumbled my way towards the bar. Ilang braso ang nahawi ko at ilan ay nagamit ko bilang suporta.

With the help of a vacant chair, I climbed up the bar. My mind was too set on dancing that I couldn't care about anything.

My lips stretched into a smile when I finally stood up. The whole place was spinning that I had to close my eyes to stop it. I bit my lip and raised my arms at the back of my head and moved my hips.

A crowd beneath me were hollering and cheering, most of the cheers sounded like from the guys. I didn't care. I just wanted to dance. Dancing is fun!

My hips were fluidly swaying as my hands slid all over my body. I slowly dropped to my knees, spreading it apart a bit. I tilted my head back and brushed my hair.

I opened my eyes and saw my audience. Halos puro lalaki ang nakita ko. Their faces were blurred to me though. It's probably the alcohol.

A guy sitting across me caught my attention. He was watching me with parted lips, a drink near his lips but frozen on his hand. I pouted. I'm thirsty. I want to drink.

I crawled my way towards the guy. Hindi ito gumalaw pero parang nagiging dalawa na siya sa paningin ko. I licked my lips as I eyed the glass. I reached my hand for it but ended up grabbing his collar instead.

Bago ko mabawi ang kamay ko ay biglang may humila sa lalaki. Poof. He literally disappeared in front of me. My eyes widened in surprise. It widened even more when I saw a familiar face.

I know him! He's... my brother's friend! My sister's ex-fling! What's his name? Oh! Orion!

I still haven't recovered from my shock when I was suddenly pulled down from the bar.

"Show's fucking over!" He growled as he dragged me away from that scene, bringing me to somewhere I don't know.

"Let go of me!" I whined and tried to pull my hand from his hold. Gusto ko lang naman uminom! Bakit niya ako hinihila! What is his name again? I know him. I'm sure I know him. He's... my brother's friend! My sister's ex-fling! Oh! Oh! Orion!

"Orion, ano ba!"

I mentally cheered for myself, feeling proud because I got his name right.

He stopped from walking, making me stop from walking, too. He inhaled sharply and faced me. He looked so disgusted as he eyed me. "Orion? Nasaan yung Kuya?"

"You're not my brother."

Baliw ba 'to? Bakit ko siya tatawaging Kuya?

He gaped at me. He shook his head, as if disappointed. "I'm taking you home, little H."

My eyes widened. I wanted to point my hand at him in accusation but brain is sending out the wrong signals. How dare he call me little! Hindi na ako maliit! I'm big now!

"Don't call me that! I'm already twenty!" I angrily hushed and froze because of an after thought. Ilang taon na ulit ako?

"I don't care how old you are. You're still little H to me."

Natigil ang pag-iisiip ko at naasar na umangil kay Orion. "I said. Don't. Call. Me that!"

He gave me a mocking smile. My eyes dropped to his mouth. "Bakit? Anong gagawin mo sa akin kapag hindi ako tumigil?"

"Don't try me, Orion." I tried my best to send him death glares, meaning to scare him off. Ate Laurene says this to Kuya Hadeon sometimes and it's effective. His lips twitched into a vexing smirk.

My eyes fell on his mouth again. Why does his lips look like candy? Why is it so red? I want a taste.

"What if I want to? What will you do, huh, Little-" I didn't give him a chance to finish his sentence. I tiptoed and pulled him to meet my height because even with my heels on — he was till towering over me. Our lips crashed.

I swiped my tongue on his lower lip, wanting to know if his lips tastes sweet as it looks. I couldn't tell. All I could taste was alcohol. I tried to part his lips and slip my tongue inside gis mouth to taste him better but... nothing. I sucked his upper lip and then the bottom lip before biting on it hard.

Baby...

A voice like velvet filled my head. It's like I was doused with cold water. I quickly pulled away from him, abruptly breaking the kiss. The sting in my chest came back and my eyes watered on its own.

"I warned you," I croaked in a small voice. Hindi ko alam kung sa kanya ko ba sinabi 'yon o para sa sarili.

I was about to step back when he suddenly slipped his arm around my waist. He dragged me close to his body before claiming my mouth for another kiss.

I couldn't move. I felt a hot tear slide down my cheek as the cracks in my heart appear.

Ali.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 100K 63
[PROFESSOR SERIES I] Khione Amora Avila is a transferee student at Wesbech University who aimed to have a fresh start. She only had one goal in life...
3.3M 85.9K 63
Sa isang pagwawakas, hindi maaaring walang masasaktan. Isa man sa inyo, o kayong dalawa pareho. Sa bawat mga hakbang palayo, ay ang unti-unting pagka...
4M 88.1K 58
Evangeline Yu went back to the Philippines only to find out that her house was sold, her sister had ran away with her money and her mother was in com...
1M 33.1K 43
(Game Series # 10) Tali coursed through life with ease. Coming from a family full of lawyers, she knew that getting a job would not be a problem. Kai...