Family

By acuddiel

Mitch has 3 year old daughter, that came from his last relationship with Helen. His sister is helping him bec... More

Thunderstorm ☑️
Coincidence Of Coincidences ☑️
Kids ☑️
Evening ☑️
False Alarm ☑️
Lori ☑️
Do (not) ☑️
Hey there bubble ☑️
Abby's old home ☑️
Story before designing new room ☑️
Here comes new room ☑️
I don't want you to veave me ☑️
Doctor Lori Marshall ☑️
Criminal ☑️
The best outcome possible ☑️
First Day ☑️
The Invitation ☑️
And who are you? ☑️
Uncivilized or dead? ☑️
Girls ☑️
The Impact on the Family ☑️
Visit ☑️
Time to go (part 1) ☑️
Bullying is back ☑️
Time to go (part 2) ☑️
Party time ☑️
Girls and Reno ☑️
Satori yet again (part 1) ☑️
Satori yet again (part 2) ☑️

Promised Picnic... Not ☑️

75 6 3
By acuddiel

Abby walked into the kitchen with big yawn and halfway closed eyes. She was freshly woken up after night full of sleep. (Something this author misses :/ ) "Good morning," Mitch picked her up and kissed her cheek. She laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes again. "Hey, don't sleep. You slept whole night," he poked her sides with chuckle.

"But I want to sveep mowe," she whined silently.

Her father kissed her head. "But then you won't have enough time to get ready for picnic."

Her head shot up. "We've going to have picnic?"

"Yeah. My boss wants to meet you. He's really nice and he supportive. And he loves books," she giggled, but decided to agree. Her father knew that she didn't reject it only because of the books. He grabbed her sides and pushed her up in the air and sat her on his shoulders. She squeaked, but didn't protest.

"What do we have fow b-eakfasht?" she rested her head on top her dad's.

He chuckled. "I was about to ask the same question. What about pudding?"

"Pudding?" his other little luck came in with half opened eyes.

He chuckled. "I guess that's yes. What about you?" he patted Abby's foot.

"Shu-e," she shrugged and snuggled to her father's neck.

He leaned his head on hers for a moment, then set her down. "Okay, let me cook us amazing breakfast and then we can cuddle for some time." They ran off. "No running. One of you may get hurt," he called after them.

He knew it had no point, but he still tried. He got to work and fifteen minutes later the kitchen was clean and table had three bowls and spoons on top of it.

He was about to call them, when his phone started ringing. He took the call. "Hey there," his boss's voice came from the speaker.

"Hello."

"I just wanted to check if the meeting is still on," Mitch chuckled.

"Unless something showed up at yours. We have free day, so we can go whenever you say," Mitch leaned against the counter.

"Okay then. We'll see each other in few hours. I can't wait to meet your new little kid. I hope she'll like me more than her sister. She wanted to bite me," boss chuckled softly.

He still remembered the day when he got to meet Kirstie. How can he not? She was scared of him and he wanted to pinch her cheek, she bit him - thankfully she didn't have teeth back then.

"Not that I want to talk back, sir. But she did bite you. She just didn't have teeth so it didn't feel like it," Mitch reminded him.

"True. But I don't take it as bite," Mitch didn't know whether to be happy or not.

"Good. So see you at the park. Is there anything I should know before I'll make sandwiches?" Mitch asked quickly. He remembered that he didn't know whether his boss has some allergies.

"No. I'm perfectly healthy and there's no food that I can't or won't eat," boss said proudly. "See you soon." He hung up before Mitch could say anything.

He laid the phone on the counter and went to look for his little twins. Kirstie was playing with her plushies - just like any other time. Her sister though. She was doing her best to draw picture from one of her books. And considering her age - she was doing pretty good.

"Abby, come with us - breakfast is ready, just waiting for you to eat it," she jumped up and ran to her dad. She took his hand. They walked to the kitchen surprisingly normally. Mitch was confused by it. Especially when you think about Kirstie's love for pudding. "Is everything okay? You two seem to be too calm," he asked as they stepped to the table.

"Kiwstie to-d me about your bossh. She said he not nice," Abby whispered as Mitch picked her up to sit her on her chair.

He sighed. "He's good man. It's just that you don't know him. Plus your sister is little shark. She nearly bit him," Mitch chuckled and messed up his little pumpkin's hair. "Lucky him, she didn't have teeth back then," he kissed her cheek and handed them their spoon. "Eat slowly. We don't want your tummies to hurt, do we?"

"No," they said together.

And they weren't lying. For the first time in history of Grassi family - they ate slowly enough. Mitch couldn't believe his eyes. For once in his life somebody actually listened to what he said.

"Okay, are you two ready to go to park and have picnic?" he asked when they were done with their breakfast. They looked at him sadly. "Oh come on, he didn't do anything to anyone," Mitch sighed and leaned against the table between them.

"Okay," they looked down sadly. They didn't really feel convinced, but what else could they do?

He pulled them closer. "I don't know why you think of him that way, but please believe me when I say that I wouldn't let anyone hurt you. You two are the most important part of my entire life and I will always protect you, okay?" he pulled them closer and kissed their heads. "I understand that he may not be your most favorite person, but you shouldn't judge him if you didn't get to know him well. Now go get ready, I will make us lunch and go get ready too," he put them down and they went to their rooms. They didn't see to be happy, but they didn't want to disappoint their dad.

Mitch was sad that they felt the way they did, but he had no idea how to make it up to them. All he knew is that this was going to be the last time they will feel like that. Either today will show them that his boss is good, or they will definitely hate him for very long time. He only hoped for the better option.

Then his phone started ringing. It was his sister. "Hey there. I just wanted to ask how it's going?"

"Not the best. Kit told Abby that Todrick and now she doesn't want to see him. I don't know what to do, sis. They are sad and i don't want that, on the other side I feel like I'd disappoint him. If he wasn't my boss, I wouldn't mind but my life apparently doesn't really like me," he rubbed his forehead.

She chuckled. "Sometimes I feel like you're having more trouble than you're letting yourself admit. Are you sure that there's the problem? i mean that you don't want to disappoint him? You really want to see him."

"Are you kidding me? Few days ago you were saying I'm into Lori now this? How about you just help me and stop making me feel like I'm doing something very wrong?" Mitch pouted

"Honey, there's no help. You got yourself into position, where you have only one way out. But it's on you to figure it out. Either girls or your boss. It's your call," she pointed out like typical Grassi woman - wisely.

"Have I ever told you, how useless your advises can be? Your point is long term thing, but I only need for today. After today this shouldn't be happening. I mean / this whole thing is because Todrick wants to meet Abby. I don't have other kids, so he'll know everything he wants, well this does not sound right," Mitch sighed and leaned his head against the refrigerator.

"Let me know what's the result. I have to go, my little devils need someone to make sure they won't hurt themselves," she hung up, leaving Mitch alone in his hard times.

He decided for the only way that could bring him some answers - texting Todrick...

M: hey, idk what to do - Kirstie scared Abby and now they don't want to go

T: we can cancel it

M: are you sure? you seemed to be excited to see them

T: I'm not the happiest, but I will meet them eventually. I'm sure they will come to see you and I might be there. don't worry, it's okay

M: I'm sorry, I didn't want to disappoint you

T: you didn't, neither did girls. it's okay. tell them I say hi

M: will do

Mitch sighed and sat down. He felt like he did something wrong, but he tried to look on the positive side - girls will be happy. "Girls!" he called them. They were there soon. "You won. No picnic, no Todrick."

They squealed and ran back to their rooms. Mitch on the other hand felt like he failed as parent. He gave them leash and they used it against him. He didn't know whether he should've been more strict or not.

But he couldn't stop. He started lunch. He needed to do something to not think about it. He didn't even think about what he told his sister. His hopes, that pudding would help him convince them to want to go, didn't really work out.

He was halfway through the process of making lunch, when he heard steps behind him. "Awe you mad?" It was his little pumpkin.

He turned to her and picked her up. "No. I'm sad, but not mad. I can't be mad at you two. No matter what you do," he kissed her head. "Sometimes I should be, but I love you two too much, so you're safe for now. But as you'll get older I might become little more strict with you. You're starting to command too much for your age." She made puppy eyes on him and smiled. "You're so lucky," he kissed her head. "Go do something while you can. After lunch we're going to sleep and watch something together. Enjoy alone time while you can," he chuckled and set her down. "I'll call you when the lunch is ready," she nodded and ran off. He sighed and continued where he left off.

He was about to put pasta into the boiling water, when someone knocked on the front door. He turned off both stoves and walked to look who was there. When he opened the door his jaw went down. "Mister Grassi, we need to talk," cop said with raised eyebrow. She didn't seem very pleased to see him.

He stepped aside and let her walk in. "Can we talk in kitchen while I get lunch for girls done?" he asked in small hope she would be at least tiny bit more pleased by his intentions.

"Sure," she agreed, but didn't show any sign of positive emotion. "Do you have any idea about why I am here?" she asked as he turned on both stoves again.

"No clue. Is my sister okay?" he asked concerned.

She nodded. "She should be, but this isn't about her." Mitch furrowed his eyebrows. "This is about someone else."

"Are my parents okay?" she nodded again. "Then I don't know what's going on at all."

"Well that's weird, when I consider that I'm here because of you," she said. She seemed furious. Mitch gulped. "You seem a bit clueless, well let me remind you..."

____________________________________

Hey guys. New chapter is here. I know it's shorter than what the votes said + there's cliffhanger, but things may get complicated (both for me and for this story) so we'll see where it will take me.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share :) <3
- Hunter
15.03. 2020 11:56pm

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 8K 64
"People you trust? What about her? What happens when she's stuck with people she doesn't trust?" When William Granger agreed to babysit for a few hou...
135K 6.1K 32
Finding Happiness Spinoff - Aiden One shit relationship turned me into a once a done guy. The second she walked out of my garage I was hooked. I was...
383 21 21
Third book in the Can't Say series. Heavily inspired by EastEnders: Louise's kidnapping. They were so close... They almost made it... So close yet so...
5K 282 21
Scott and Mitch have been dating for about 2 years now when one night, they made a discovery that changed their lives. A/N I don't think anyone's g...