David

By ashursbel

Reagan Foster is the girl everyone wants to be. David Miller is the bad boy nobody wants to mess with. Micah... More

author's note
one
two
four

three

42 4 4
By ashursbel

As we pulled up to the mall, my phone started to ring.

It was David.

I immediately looked at Everleigh, "What do I do?"

She shot me a worried look.

If I didn't answer, he might do something worse than bruise my chin, "Hello?"

"Baby, where the hell are you?" He slurred his words, he sounded drunk.

I looked at the clock in Everleigh's car, it was five.

"Damnit Reagan, where are you?"

I jumped and squinted my eyes shut, "I'm on the way home, sorry I just finished with a customer," I was lying, again.

He was silent on his end.

Everyliegh tapped my arm and mouthed, "What's going on?"

"I love you." David's words stopped me before I could answer her, "I'll see you soon sweetheart." He hung up.

"I need to go home." I looked at Everleigh with apologetic eyes for the second time today.

She sighed and rested her hand on the steering wheel, "When are you gonna take control of your own life," She started the car, "he doesn't own you."

I looked away, "You know it isn't that easy."

She sighed again and put her hand on my shoulder.

I turned to look at her.

"I know, and I'm sorry." She smiled.

I covered her hand with mine and smiled back. She's always supported me.

David's POV

While laying on the floor, I held the base of my beer bottle as it rested in my stomach, closed my eyes, and thought of Reagan.

Where did she say she was going again? I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling.

I missed her smile, her laugh, her voice.

I needed her here.

I craved her lips, her touch, her body.

What time is it? I looked over at the alarm clock on our dresser, it was just after five.

When did she say she was gonna be back, at eight, right? I started to laugh then stopped as soon as I saw the box on top of the dresser.

Our box.

Open it, I debated with myself.

No! Don't, it'll only remind you of what you tore apart.

"Screw it!" I stood and tossed my hands in the air, then swiped everything off the top of the dresser.

I leaned my back against the wall and slid down until I reached the floor.

"God," I rested my head in my hands and nearly started to cry as I reached for the box, as it sat on its side about a foot in front of me.

It read 'Us' on the outside.

Reagan had decorated it.

Slowly, I undid the latch and flipped open the lid.

Resting on top was a picture from prom night. It was Reagan, in her beautiful blue dress that she loved because it had made her feel like a princess. She was holding a cupcake, smiling.

I took that.

The next few pictures were from a Christmas party we went to, during our junior year. One with us and a group of friends, and two more with us under a mistletoe.

Tears started to form.

I looked through all the moments we had captured. Baseball and football games, dates, parties, and relaxing at each others houses. They all brought back so many memories of what we once had.

Now, each one was a lie. Each one, a cover up for our flawed relationship.

I'm not so proud of what I did, but I did it and I'll never be able to take it back.

I shut the box with my trembling hands as I cried.

I once again rested my head in my hands, What the hell were you thinking David? Was it really worth it?

I wiped away the tears and stood to look at the mess I had made earlier. I picked up the alarm clock and set it back on the dresser with the box. Everything else that i shoved off the dresser, I left on the ground.

I picked up my beer bottle that I had spilled while going through everything.

When did that happen? Didn't I just take a drink of that?

I stumbled into the kitchen to grab another.

"Hello?" I heard Reagan enter through the front door.

"Hey babe, hows was... how was work?" The words slurred.

She walked into the living room, where I was flipping through channels as I relaxed on the recliner.

"It was fine," she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and looked at me, "What do you want for dinner?" she asked as she turned away.

I put down the footstool of the recliner and
followed her into the kitchen. She turned on the light and it revealed a bruise on her chin.

How long has that been there? Did I do that to her?

"What do you want for dinner?" she repeated, putting down her phone and keys.

I ignored her question and moved towards her. She backed up against the counter.

"David- " I shushed her and put my hands on her hips.

"David you're drunk."

I smiled and squeezed her hips as I closed my eyes and kissed her cheek.

"Ouch," she tried pushing me away and then hit me.

"Hey," I yelled and stumbled over the words, "w-watch it."

"David," she started to cry, "you're drunk."

"I'm, not drunk," I pulled her close as the words hesitated to come out.

Her tears stopped as she stopped fighting me.

I moved her so that she was against the wall next to the counter.

"I'm so sorry, for everything I've, for what I've done to you." My words jumbled as my face stood inches away from hers, and at that moment I started to cry.

Reagan's POV

"I-I never meant to," he paused as his head rested on my shoulder, "to-to," he paused to try and control his stuttering, "I never meant to do what I did to you, and to lie to you." His sobs grew quiet as he looked up at me.

"It's okay," I nodded as I placed my hand on his cheek.

He overlapped my hand with his as his lips met mine. They were soft. They were forgiving. Do something it's another trap!

I ignored the voice in my head and kept kissing him. Wake. Up.

His lips moved to my ear, his warm breath smelled like alcohol. All of the sudden he slammed my arms against the wall.

"Ow, what the hell David?" I tried to loosen his grip but it seemed impossible.

"No one will ever love you, you little whore," he tightened his grip, "all you have is me, you got that?" The pain shot up my arms causing tears to roll down my face, I nodded. "Leave me..." his grip slowly loosened as he just stared at me with a cold, heartless look, "and I'll kill you."

He took my wrist and looked at me with that same look and whispered, "Get out."

I didn't move, "David wh- "

"Damn it Reagan, I said get out!" He motioned to the front door, "Pack your shit and leave, go!"

Tears started to form again. Not from pain, or sadness, but from frustration. I knew I could help him, instead he wanted me to run away, to run away from my problems like he does.

I hurried up the stairs and stuffed my old backpack with a few change of clothes.

ahhhhhh sorry this has 50 million things going on, but i wanted to give you guys a little bit of david's pov

ps. please comment & vote :)

- ab♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8M 649K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
157K 2.7K 48
just read
145K 11.1K 12
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...
132K 6.5K 47
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...