nightmares ~ doctor who

By timelordcurse

Hayden was cursed with nightmares. She had been ever since she was a kid. Then one day a tweed wearing weirdo... More

Description
PART 1
Ch 1 - Nightmares and Tweed ✓
Ch 2 - Dr. Doctor and the Murder Box
Ch 3 - Greece and Amy
Ch 4 - Moonlight and Nebulae
Ch 5 - Encounters and Titanic
Ch 6 - Home and Teddy Bears
Ch 7 - Sunglasses and River
Ch 8 - Angels and Accidents
Ch 9 - Blackouts and Telepathy
Ch 10 - Pain and the In-laws
Ch 12 - Afraid and Abrupt Endings lmao
Ch 13 - Roomies and Neighbors
Ch 14 - Upstairs and Rings
Ch 15 - Corridors and Gardens
Ch 16 - Museums and Visions
Ch 17 - Colours and Starry Nights
Ch 18 - Leadworth and the TARDIS
Ch 19 - Dreams and Fairy Tales
Ch 20 - Venice and Vampires
Ch 21 - Gunpowder and Drowning
Ch 22 - Tainted Love and Dragons
Ch 23 - Darillium and the Scientist
Ch 24 - Surprises and oH FU-
PART 2
Ch 25 - Untrue
Ch 26 - Unstable
Ch 27 - Unbottle
Ch 28 - Unravel
Ch 29 - Unleash
PART 3
Ch 30 - Remembering and Renewal
Ch 31 - Alive and Refreshers
Ch 32 - Weddings and Endings
Epilogue - Love and the Future
playlist
Q&A / FAQ

Ch 11 - Movie and a Dinner

13.7K 511 574
By timelordcurse

a little short and a little filler-ish, but I love it. lots of eeeeeee. you have been warned.

~

Movie and a Dinner

"What movie do you want to watch?" The Doctor asks. I skim over the movie titles that are currently playing at the theater.

"I don't know…" I muse. "I haven't really been checking up on the movies that are out. I'm more into music and… drawing."

"You're an artist?" He asks me and I nod.

"Well, not an official one, per say. I doodle at times, or if I'm feeling bored I start to sketch something out. Never really comes right together though…" I trail off and look up at the Doctor. "What?"

"Nothing," he shakes his head. "Just nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"How about this one?" He changes the subject and points to a random movie.

"Pretty sure that's a kid's movie."

"This one?"

"Based off of a book I read already. Seen the trailers. Nothing like the book."

"This one?"

"It's a sequel. I haven't seen the first one."

"That one?"

"That's the kid's movie again."

"Well damn, Haydie!" He huffs. "I'll pick out the movie. You're too indecisive."

"I'm not indecisive! I'm just… picky," I shrug and he rolls his eyes.

He walks up to the ticket counter. "Give me two tickets to a random movie I don't care what movie it is this girl is indecisive so we just need a random movie!" He blurts out.

"Oh my god you're so rude!" I shove him away and smile apologetically at the vendor. His name tag says Brad. "Two tickets to whatever movie you recommend please."

"3D or regular?" Brad smiles back.

"3D," we both say at the same time. Brad types stuff onto the computer, prints out the tickets, grabs two 3D glasses, and hands them to us. I take out my wallet, but the Doctor stops me.

"No, no, no. I'm paying," he insists.

"Don't play that chivalry bullshit on me. I'm gonna pay," I argue and hand Brad the money.

"Fine," he pouts but then grins. "But I'm going to buy the candy!" He yells and runs away.

"Oh my god he's a man child," I mutter and Brad laughs.

"Is he your brother or…?" He asks. He has a nice, soft, deep voice. Basically perfection.

"No, we're just friends. It feels like he's my brother though," I explain and Brad chuckles. "He pissed me off so he's doing this as an apology."

"What'd he do? If you don't mind me asking."

"Oh, I don't know. Lots of stuff, I guess," I shrug. "He's like that friend you want to strangle but you still love." I think for a bit. "I have a lot of friends like that. I should probably fix that." Brad chuckles and I smile.

"Tell me about it. I have this one friend who every time I show them a band or something, they act like it's shit. Next week, posters of them, all over their walls."

"Really?" I grin.

"And then they take the credit for finding them!"

"Oh, people like that drive me insane," I laugh and he smiles.

"Do people like me drive you insane?" He asks. I blink as I try to process what he said.

"I don't know, I'll have to get to know them first," I say and he grins. I take a random receipt out of my wallet, rip a bit off, and write my name and number on it.

"Well, thank you… Hayden," he reads the note and smiles.

"Haydie! I need help carrying the nachos!" The Doctor yells and I groan.

"Enjoy the movie!" Brad yells as I walk away. I give him a thumbs up.

"Doctor why did you- WHAT THE HELL?!" I yell as I see all the candy he bought laying on the counter.

"What? I couldn't decide which ones to get," he says innocently.

"SO YOU BOUGHT AT LEAST ONE OF EVERYTHING?"

"They all looked so good."

"YOU BOUGHT FIVE PACKAGES OF TWIZZLERS AND TEN PACKAGES OF SOUR PATCH KIDS!"

I hear Brad laugh in the background.

"I really like those candies," he says. I stare at him in bewilderment.

"Here's your popcorn, sir," the vendor interrupts. The Doctor grins as he grabs the jumbo bucket of popcorn.

"What am I going to do with you?" I groan.

"You're stuck with me, remember?" He winks and I roll my eyes. "Okay, stuff some candy in your emergency purse and on top of the popcorn. I'll carry the rest and you can carry the nachos and jumbo bucket." I do what he says as he tries to carry as much candy as he can. "Let's go!" He runs towards the theaters, dropping candy on the way.

"Doctor, you're making a mess!" I sigh as I pick up a package of gummy worms.

"Theater five!" He yells and runs down a hall. "Wrong way!" He says as he turns around. I follow him and shake my head.

"Where do you want to sit?" He asks me when I catch up to him.

"In the back. Like, the way back," I instruct and he nods.

"Middle or aisle seats?"

"Middle."

"Let's go then," he opens the door for me and I sigh.

"Chivalry," I mutter and walk into the theater.

There are only a few people here and there, so the movie must've come out a while ago. We find some empty seats per my description and sit, but the Doctor abruptly stands right back up again.

"I forgot drinks!" He gasps and throws all the candy to the floor.

"We already have enough stuff-"

"Yeah, but with all this food, you're bound to get thirsty," he counters and I face palm.

"That's not exactly my fault," I grumble but he's already leaving. "Mountain Dew please!"

"Got it!" He says and leaves the theater.

I take the ring box out of my jacket and inspect it again. I open the box and notice there's a note on the inside of the lid.

From all the love in the universe … … … D

Why the hell did he send this to me?

I study the ring. The diamond is pretty big, looks more like a I'm sorry I cheated on you so let me spend money on you to make you feel better ring than an engagement ring. I slip it on my finger, but quickly take it off and put it back in the box. Just looking at it makes me feel queesy.

I look around the theater while I wait for the Doctor to return. I notice a lot of parents with children are here. It hits me and I gasp.

"Oh my god it's the kid's movie!" I groan. Just then, my phone buzzes. I take it out of my jacket pocket and it says I got a new text.

Are you enjoying the movie? ;)

Brad.

If I make it out of here alive, I'm going to strangle you.

I put my phone in my pocket and I hear the theater doors opening. I look over and I find another person who I want to strangle.

"Doctor!" I swat his arm. He only laughs as he sits down with ten sodas in his hands.

******

"Who knew that kid's movies had so much… adult humor?" I ponder as we both walk down the street.

"I think kids only watch it for the songs anyways," the Doctor shrugs.

"Ugh, there was too much singing in that movie," I complain. "Five minutes of song, three actual lines of dialogue, then another 5 minute song. And what's worse is that they're super catchy! I had that one song, the one with the animal, stuck in my head for like 30 minutes," I groan and he laughs.

"I guess those movies are made for specific audiences."

"Yeah, and I'm not part of them," I mutter and rub my arms.

"Are you cold?" He asks.

"I'm wearing a jacket, idiot. No need to do the cliche 'give the girl your jacket' move," I roll my eyes and he laughs.

"Still a spitfire, eh?" He grins.

"What do you want to do now?" I ask after a short pause.

"I'm up for anything. How about you?"

"I'm kind of hungry," I mutter. I'm surprised I still am after all that candy that he bought and made me eat.

"Say no more!" He suddenly yells. He grabs my hand, turns us around, and runs down the street.

"What's up with you and running?" I ask.

"Good for the body!" He replies and I shake my head.

After quite a bit of running, he stops in front of a quaint little diner. The sign above the door reads Athena's Pizzeria.

"Good ol' Athena," he mutters and we both grin.

"I want bacon pizza," I demand and he nods his head.

We venture inside and the blast of warmth and the smell of food instantly hits me. He walks up to the counter to order as I look for a good table to sit at. There are a couple families here and there, but it's not too crowded. I choose one of the booths lining the wall.

"Why is this place called Athena's Pizzeria, when pizza is Italian?" I ask the Doctor when he comes back. He places two sodas in front of us.

"It's kind of international. A lot of countries made their own version of pizza without even knowing what pizza was," he explains. "Did you know that in 500BC, Persians would cook dough on their shields, and then cover it with cheese and dates?" He smiles but it disappears once he takes a sip of his soda. "Ew, this is yours." He switches them.

"How did you get the money for all of this?" I ask and take a sip of the soda. "No, pretty sure this is yours," I grimace and slide the soda to him.

"I get jobs from time to time, but I never know how or when to use the money. It just sort of… piles up." He tries the soda. "Are you sure this is mine?"

"Pretty sure, yeah," I taste it. "Yeah, not Mountain Dew. Has to be yours." I switch it back, and taste the new soda. "Wait hold on," I taste both of them together, "what did you order?"

"Mountain Dew and root beer, why?" He asks confused.

"This one is Diet Pepsi… and this one is Diet Pepsi," I roll my eyes. "How do you mess up that bad?"

"Me?" He huffs. "Blame the cashier!"

"Whatever," I mumble and drink some of the soda. "We should just drink it, no matter how bad it tastes."

"But he gave us the wrong-"

"Who cares? He's probably working pretty hard as it is, no need to strain him," I say and drink the gross beverage. The Doctor stares at me. "What?"

"Nothing," he looks down at his lap and smiles. "Just nothing."

******

"That was the best pizza I ever had!" I exclaim as we walk down the street back to my apartment.

"That's why I brought you there," he nods and I swat his arm.

"Why are you doing all of this for me?" I ask him. I take a sour patch kid package from my pocket and quickly eat some. We have a lot left over from the movies.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Well, if you're from my future, you could just hang out with future me. Why do you always pop into your past?"

He makes a weird face. "You'll find out soon."

"I don't die, do I?" I joke. He abruptly trips and falls down on his face. "Doctor!" I kneel down next to him.

"Ow…" he groans and rolls over.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I ask and flap my hands around, not knowing what to do with them.

"My right knee hurts," he winces. "And my face."

I roll my eyes and bring up his pant leg. His knee is a little scuffed up, but nothing worse than a bruise. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and pull the pant leg back down. I check to see if his face is okay and gasp.

"Your chin!" I exclaim.

"Why do people always make fun of my chin?" He grumbles and I shake my head.

"No, it's bleeding! Same with your cheek and forehead," I correct. His eyes widen but then he grimaces.

I quickly take out a first aid kit from my emergency purse. I wipe the blood and gravel off of his face while trying to not hurt him. I take out a white cloth and spray some disinfectant on it. I gently dab at his face but he hisses in pain.

"Ow!"

"Stop whining," I order. He huffs and I roll my eyes at his childish behavior.

I continue to heal him with great concentration. I catch his gaze a couple of times and I realize he's been staring at me this whole time.

"What?" I ask, not looking away from his scratches.

"Nothing," he mumbles. He continues to stare at me, a lazy smile pinned on his face. "Just nothing."

"You've been saying that all day. There must be a reason," I counter as I smear a bit of Neosporin on his chin.

"It's just… every time I see you, you become more and more," he searches for a word, "wonderful."

I smile shyly and slap some bandages onto his wounds. I wipe my hands off on my pants once I finish and stand up.

"There, all done," I smile at my work and help the Doctor up. He takes one step on his bad leg and almost falls again, but I catch him in time.

"My knee really hurts," he defends and I roll my eyes.

"Come here, you giant idiot," I sigh but chuckle at his stupid expression. I wrap my arm around his waist as he put his arm around my shoulder.

"What did I say?" He suddenly asks.

"What do you mean?"

"What did I say - in the past - that made you so angry? I think you called it absurd?" He asks casually but I know he already knows the answer.

"You wanted to go on a date with me," I scowl and he raises a brow. "I don't really know why it set me off, but c'mon, we've only known each other for… God, I don't even know. Time is weird now."

"I think it's been a month," he says and my eyes widen.

"A month?" I gasp and he hums. "Time flew by fast," I mumble and he nods.

"So this date thing…" the Doctor continues. "Why did you turn him down? You just had a nice time with me."

"Yeah, but- wait what?" I look up at him.

"The date we just went on. You seemed to enjoy it," he tries to say casually but a smirk forms on his face.

"No. No no no," I shake my head viciously. "No, that was not a date."

"Yeah, because us having dinner and a movie all alone with just the two of us and with me paying for almost everything certainly isn't a date," he scoffs and rolls his eyes. "If only I won you a stuffed animal in a game…"

"Nooo, not a date," I weakly argue. My vicious head shaking slows down as understanding fills through me. "Oh my god it was a date!"

"Yes it was," he smiles and I groan.

"But wait," I realize something, "past Doctor - my Doctor - present Doctor - whatever… he said something about wanting to experience all the firsts with me before you did them. I think he - you - said that, anyways," I tell him but he waves his hand.

"Think of this as a… pre-date. Trust me, there's a lot more to come," he grins and I shake my head. I'm not sure how to take that.

We walk down the street together, him limping along the way.

so you may have caught a little something there… maybe a little foreshadowing… I'm not saying that it is… but I'm also not saying that it isn't… so… fhiudcbhjk

be sure to drink your ovaltine kids, bc Christmas is a coming!

-alli-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 333 9
The Doctor found his mate, his Bonded, his Chosen, in the form of the best friend of who would become his companion. He found the one who makes him f...
27.8K 803 19
Haven't you always wished that a mad man with a box would show up at your house in the middle of the night and whisk you off to fight aliens, save th...
5.6K 282 11
Where someone new joins the Doctor's life. A mystery, an impossibility he can't seem to decipher. A question he can't seem to answer, and he doesn't...
1.9K 58 12
When The Doctor runs into an old friend, who had been previously assumed dead, it's both a relief and terrifying. Their lives escalate into a whirl...