Glee: World of Chances (the f...

By arias3

Part 4 of the Taking on New Directions series! More

Chapter 2: 4 Months Later
Chapter 3: New New Directions
Chapter 4: Reunion
Chapter 5: I Will Fall
Chapter 6: Off-Campus
Chapter 7: Entourage
Chapter 8: Single
Chapter 9: Music Video
Chapter 10: Viewing Party
Chapter 11: Mr. Best Man
Chapter 12: Fun
Chapter 13: Old Flames
Chapter 14: Fade Into You
Chapter 15: Common Ground
Chapter 16: Perfect Duos
Chapter 17: A Mika Story Part 1
Chapter 18: A Mika Story Part 2
Chapter 19: Before the Scare
Chapter 20: Lowering the Stakes
Chapter 21: Running from the Past
Chapter 22: Break a Leg
Chapter 23: Welcome Back
Chapter 24: Homecoming
Chapter 25: The Beauty Within
Chapter 26: Ah-Mazing
Chapter 27: Four-Ever
Chapter 28: Mashed Potatoes
Chapter 29: Opportunity
Chapter 30: Prove It
Chapter 31: Gossip Chick
Chapter 32: Secrets
Chapter 33: Hero/Heroine
Chapter 34: The Interview
Chapter 35: The Nightmare Before Christmas
Chapter 36: Winter Wonderland
Chapter 37: Doubts
Chapter 38: 2021
Chapter 39: Risk
Chapter 40: L.O.V.E.
Chapter 41: Artie's Script
Chapter 42: Musical From Hell
Chapter 43: How to Succeed
Chapter 44: Finish
Chapter 45: Single Latina Female
Chapter 46: Rebels
Chapter 47: I Believe
Chapter 48: My Religion
Chapter 49: A Kiss Part 1
Chapter 50: A Kiss Part 2
Chapter 51: Disney 4.0
Chapter 52: Fly to Your Fixer Upper
Chapter 53: Three is a Party
Chapter 54: New Perspective
Chapter 55: Fear Factor
Chapter 56: Sink or Swim
Chapter 57: Countdown
Chapter 58: Rehearsal Dinner
Chapter 59: Speak Now
Chapter 60: I Will Never Let You Know
Chapter 61: Another Day
Chapter 62: Tired of Playing
Chapter 63: Facebook 2.0
Chapter 64: Love Heals
Chapter 65: A Day in the Life of Shana
Chapter 66: Charitable Day
Chapter 67: Hidden
Chapter 68: Nausea, Hallucinations, and Other Signs You're In Need of Help
Chapter 69: This Isn't Normal
Chapter 70: The Biggest Heartbreak
Chapter 71: A Day at McKinley
Chapter 72: The One Where Sam Finds Out
Chapter 73: That Awkward Moment When Alex Ruins Everything
Chapter 74: We Can Talk About It Later
Chapter 75: All We Know is Paramore
Chapter 76: Brand New Riot
Chapter 77: The San Diego Music Festival
Chapter 78: London's Calling
Chapter 79: Is This Really a New Chapter Though?
Chapter 80: The Last Time

Chapter 1: Where Are They Now?

4.4K 79 39
By arias3

Hi,

I know it's been a while since we last talked and well... Everything has changed. I've been keeping up with a lot of our old friends and it seems like no one is where we thought they'd be five years ago.

Puck regained all of his memories, but even then he didn't seem to feel the same way about Quinn anymore. He ended up returning to L.A. to pursue his career as a screenwriter and even sprung up a romance with Mercedes Jones, the famous popstar. Weird, huh? Everyone thinks they're super cute together and on their way to be one of Hollywood's greatest power couples, even Quinn, who isn't in the least bit bitter. Ok, maybe she's a little bit bitter, but she can't really complain now that she has officially moved in with her boyfriend, AKA my cousin, Jesse St. James. I know, totally out of the blue right? I had my money on that Brody guy. I guess one way or another, Quinn and I were destined to be in the same family!

Speaking of family, Cory ended up graduating from USC and now he's working at a company in Cleveland. It's called Filafix and I'm not sure what they do but it has to do with media software. Honestly, as long as he keeps making enough money to afford all the expensive gifts he's been giving me over the last couple of years, I'm fine with whatever his job is!

I'm sure you've heard of some of our other friends on the media. Bree Welsh ring a bell? I hang out with her from time to time but she's super busy nowadays. I guess it's probably tough running your own famous fashion line across the world. We're all very proud of her, though we were shocked to find out about her breakup with Joe a few years ago, through the media's reports that she was dating that rapper, TJ Gibb. That was a while ago, however, and now I only ever hear about her from the news or from Shana.

If you don't know about Shana, I worry about where you've been because everyone has heard about Shana. She's one of America's true top models now that she's the official face of Bree's company (Let's not mention the other face of Welsh Inc.). I can't tell you how much I jumped up when I first saw a billboard with her face on it in San Francisco. I nearly hit my driver and made him crash (I still can't drive).

It was really tough, not being able to drive, when I went back home for Rachel and Finn's wedding. It was a bit saddening that you weren't there, but I guess I understood why. It was a beautiful ceremony and Rachel looked absolutely stunning. Now that she's had her first child and is starring on yet another Broadway show (on which Harmony also has a lead role!), I'm not surprised that she's probably the happiest person on the planet. And Finn is doing great, too. I spoke to him just a few weeks ago and when he's not busy helping his wife raise their daughter, Olivia Carole Hudson, he's out teaching much older kids at McKinley High School, where he teaches the P.E. class and the glee club alongside Mr. Schue.

Speaking of our old sensei, Mr. Schue is doing extremely well. He still helps out with the glee club every now and then, though as mentioned before it's really more Finn's job now, but he doesn't teach any classes at McKinley anymore. He's now a professor with tenure at Lima University, which is fantastic because he needs to be able to spend as much time as possible with his wife and their six year old son, who is the cutest little redhead I've ever seen.

Another cute little baby is Camilla Liza Anderson-Hummel, Kurt and Blaine's three-year-old beauty. I can't tell you how thrilled we all were when they announced that they'd found a surrogate for their baby. With Quinn's amazing bone structure, it's no surprise that Camilla is gorgeous. I'm just glad those two have managed to keep their marriage together and strong.

Speaking of a strong relationship, I hope you've at least been keeping up with Alex so that you can know that he and Amity are still together! Can you believe it? I guess it didn't matter that she was going to Rice in Texas and he went to MIT in Massachusetts. They're still dating as far as I know and it's super adorable. I talked to Alex a few days ago and he said he was pretty much set to get his bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. He graduates in just a few weeks! Look at him being all smarty pants. I'm pretty sure that he's doing some shady, possibly illegal things with all of those great hacking skills but as long as he's bringing in the bacon, right?

I haven't heard from Amity much, though. From what Alex told me, she's been busy travelling abroad as much as she can. She's discovered a great passion for photography-her blog is replete with amazing pictures she captured in beautiful places like Perth, Auckland, Helsinki, Calgary, Paris and that's just these past two semesters. She's really making the most of her college years and I'm positive great things await her after she graduates this month.

You can skip this paragraph if you don't want to know but it's worth mentioning that Marley is really in high spirits. She's actually a nurse at Saint Agnes now, so it's nice to know that someone has gone back to Lima and is doing something there that makes her happy. Every once in a while, she drops in at McKinley to help Finn out and it seems like she's really found her calling in nursing. She always said she wanted to help people, and now she's doing exactly that. P.S. she's still single.

She and Unique are still good friends. Unique and Shana didn't really work out, as you know, but I hear Unique has a boyfriend now and she's very happy. He's some sort of doctor Marley introduced her to, which I think is great. As for Unique herself, after one year of college, she dropped out and went to beauty school, which I think actually turned out to be a good choice to her. She has her own salon in Lima!

Moving on to someone else you may be interested in knowing about, Kitty is living it up! She and I had a fun time in California while she was at Pepperdine and we were going to move in together somewhere in San Francisco once we graduated, but then just two weeks after she was offered an internship in D.C. for the summer. After that, the internship turned into a permanent job and she's been in the capital ever since.

If you want to see what Dan's been up to, you should turn on your TV some time. He has landed himself a role in the new series; Space Vampires, (premiering next Thursday after Chef Rory-ring a bell?). We're all really excited to see his acting career kick off. Although he'd never throw away his education and seems to be really happy at U Penn (in Pennsylvania, FYI), I know there are bigger and better things awaiting him in the showbiz and thankfully, he's graduating this month, too.

Speaking of succeeding in showbiz, you don't really have to tell me what you've been up to. I see you all the time and it just makes me miss you more. I'm really glad that your band has found success and I am especially thankful that you got rid of that awful name you had back when you got started. I'm not sure how 'Crystal Army' is much better, but the thousands of screaming fans that go to your shows every night as you tour the country sure seem to think it's great.

I know you may be mad at me for not supporting your band after graduation... I just... It wasn't that I didn't want you to be successful and big. I'm sorry for the way things turned out but... It was getting hard to be there, you know? It wasn't my dream just like it wasn't Marley's dream to be in a rock band. I can understand why she left because it's the reason I did. It was getting hard.

I'm also sorry for not catching any of your shows when you were near Stanford... I wanted to see you. So badly. And Ryder, too. But then I thought about having to see Sam and I couldn't do it. It had nothing to do with you and I'm sorry I couldn't be there enough.

Speaking of Ryder, I've talked to him a few times. After it made headlines that he was leaving the band only a year into your recording contract, I was worried so I called him up. He told me it had just gotten to a point where he had to choose between the band and pro football at OSU. Is this true? I hope that if he did have to choose, it was amicable and not forced upon him by his band members. And I'm sure the guy you've gotten to replace him is cool, as well as the guy who's been on keyboard. I heard you lost Brandon or whatever that other guy's name was. They seem nice in the few interviews I've seen. I'm sorry to say that most of the time I skip out on news about your band because they usually follow with something about Sam and his fiancée.

Anyway, one of the people I talk to most, strangely enough, is Stefan. He was recruited into the OSU team, just like Ryder, as you probably know already, and he seems to be doing great. He's a junior-thank goodness he made it that far-and he loves to call me and bug me every time he gets a new girlfriend, which happens a lot. He seems to be having fun at college and is doing exactly what we all expected him to do-partying a lot, playing football, and barely scraping by academically.

And the person I talk the least to, other than Sam, is Jake. I guess with Sam it's more of my choice-I avoid hearing or seeing anything about him. But I think with Jake it's more the reverse and he's just really going out of his way to not see me... Have you heard anything from him? In a few months, we're going to have our reunion back at McKinley and... I just really hope I can see him there but I'm not even sure if I should expect him to show up. All I know from keeping up with everyone else is that he completed his degree in criminal justice somewhere in Texas and then he joined a police academy. What does this even mean? I mean, is he a cop here in Lima? Did he stay in Texas? Unfortunately, no one seems to know much about him these days.

I guess I can't blame him for getting away. I hurt him. Bad. I screwed up and you probably know more than anyone. The thing with Sam... It was wrong. I know that now. It shouldn't have been him. It wasn't supposed to be. I didn't want it to be someone who was just going to run away. And I heard about the miscarriage... I feel bad for Mandy but... I still couldn't bring myself around to go see either of them. It just didn't seem right. I do hope, however, that you'll consider seeing me. I miss you. Like crazy. And it would mean everything if you could at least write back, John. Or maybe shoot me some sort of text or email? I would really just like to talk.

Love,
Juliet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 1.1K 13
@_stylestommo asked me to write a fic about how the album Four was made. Part 4 of the album sequel. Purely fictional. Some smutwarning. Drugs.
16.8K 430 32
Just a book with my pointless rants and things:)
3.6K 34 20
[COMPLETED] I'm bad at descriptions but it's a good story so read it!