The Attack

By angelsmalec

This fanfic is being rewritten and it'll be posted as a new story. If you'd like to read it, it'll be on my p... More

1. The attack
2. Memories
3. Trust
4. Past
5. Parabatai
6. Eyes
7. Fire messages and movies
8. The price of his death
9. The start of the chaos
11. The apartment, the letter and the photo
12. Glamourizing spells
13. The letter and tears
14. The Clave
15. The manor
16. The Big Announcement

10. Failing and planning

1.2K 47 32
By angelsmalec

Alec woke ho when he heard voices; he identified one of them as Magnus' one but he didn't recognize the other one.

"No, Magnus, we can't get away from each other because then, there'll be more possibilities for them to catch us-..." That was the voice Alec couldn't quite recognize.

It was very deep, and definitely, a man's one; Alec was sure the man was older than Magnus.

"No! If we do that, there'll be less possibilities for them! I know they are a thousand more than us, but-..."

Magnus was cut off by the other man.

"Magnus. I know and understand, why you want to do this because, damn they're my family too, but... We should get more people to help us. We're just two..."

"Warlocks." Said Magnus, and Alec heard a heavy sigh, right before Magnus spoke again.

"Ragnor, we are only two men, but you can't forget that we are Warlocks too. Super powers, and magic, remember?"

So that second voice belonged to someone called Ragnor, thought Alec.

It didn't sound familiar.

Suddenly, Chairman, who had been in the Shadowhunter's arms for an hour and a half, and had been struggling trying to get away from the blue-eyed boy's strong arms who were squeezing him, let out an exasperated meow, and jumped to Alec's neck when he felt the Shadowhunter no longer squeezing his tiny body.

Magnus and the man called Ragnor stopped talking when they heard Chairman Meow's meow, and now they were both looking at the back of the sofa, waiting, trying to know if Alec was asleep or not anymore.

Alec, forgetting about the Warlocks' existence made it to take Chairman off his neck, (the cat had wrapped his legs around Alec's neck, and the blue-eyed was still wondering the reason why if Chairman's action), and lifted the kitty up, holding him there with his arms up.

"Alexander?"

Alec immediately lowered his arms, and held Chairman in his chest; he was so embarrassed because they had caught him listening, and he was sure they were going to scold him for having listened without permission.

"I'm... I'm so-sorry..." He stuttered out.

He heard a chair moving, and footsteps. A second later he saw Magnus' face, and Alec immediately blushed, which made Magnus smile a bit.

"What are you apologizing for?" The Warlock asked.

Alec looked at the cat, lying on his chest, and took a deep breath. "I-I was listening t-to your con-conversation... B-But I shouldn't ha-have... Be-Be-Becau-cause you didn't give me permission to do that a-and now you're an-angry be-because of-of..."

"Alexander, I'm not angry. And it doesn't really matter if you heard it. It's not important. Forget it, okay?" Magnus cut him off, speaking softly.

Alec shook his head, and surprised himself. He had always followed and did what everyone told him to fix and now, he was doing the opposite. Alec looked a bit scared at Magnus, waiting for him to be angry. He didn't seem to be angry. More like... Surprised.

"I'm sorry, Magnus... B-But from what I've h-heard... I know you're talking about an attack." He said.

Magnus turned a bit pale, but immediately smiled, and shook his head. "No, darling, we weren't talking about that..."

The Shadowhunter was about to reply, but he was cut off with a voice, coming from Magnus' behind.

"Magnus, why are you lying?"

Magnus bit his lip, and turned a bit. Alec saw him giving a glare to the man who had spoken.

"Seriously, Magnus. I mean... He's a Shadowhunter, so why not? He could... Help us."

Alec, still with Magnus' cat in his arms, sat up on the sofa and looked at the owner of the deep voice.

He saw a man, definitely older than Magnus, with silver hair, greenish weird eyes, green skin, (Alec supposed that that was his Warlock Mark), and a serious expression; Alec couldn't find words to describe his outfit. The only thing he could say what that they looked so old, but at the same time amazing.

Magnus sighed, and said, "Ragnor, this is Alec. Alexander, this is Ragnor Fell, one of my oldest and dearest friends."

Alec just nodded, but Ragnor spoke. "Did you know that your hair looks like the nest of two birds who had an argument and killed each other in it?" He said, in a harsh tone.

Alec immediately blushed furiously and lowered his head, apologizing to himself in whispers.

Magnus shot a warning look at Ragnor, and placed a hand on Alec's shoulder.

"Ragnor!" Hissed Magnus.

Alec was so ashamed, and he could only think about how right Ragnor was. His hair was always a mess. He really had to style it or something.

"What? In just telling him the truth!" The Warlock with green skin exclaimed.

"You didn't have to, if the truth had to hurt him!" Magnus said, with his thumb rubbing Alec's neck.

Alec was still red, and fearing Ragnor's next words.

"What did you want me to do then? Lie to him like the Clave lied to us? To you, to me, Catarina, Raphael, and the entire Downworld?!"

Silence.

There was a long silence.

They could all three feel the tension in the room, between them. Surprisingly, Alec was the one who decided to break the silence.

"What do you mean?" He asked, and looked at Ragnor; well, for a second. He lowered his gaze to the floor, a second later after having seen Ragnor's glare.

"Excuse me?" The silver-haired Warlock asked.

Alec blushed a bit, and looked at his hands, resting in his lap.

"Well, uhm... You just said that the Clave lied to you... What happened? What d-did they say to y-you? How did they lie to you?"

Magnus, who had turned pale when Ragnor had spoken, was shaking his head, but Ragnor ignored him, and looked at Alec who was not willing to look at Ragnor while he spoke.

"The Clave... Called each one of the Downworld representatives, for a Downworld Cabinet Meeting. The Consul, the Inquisitor and some other Shadowhunters-..."

He was cut off with Magnus' voice.

"Ragnor, stop. It doesn't matter. Alexander doesn't need to know about all this..."

"The Consul... And the Inquisitor..." Muttered Alec to himself. The two Warlocks looked at the blue-eyed Shadowhunter, who was talking to himself. "That's... My father and Imogen Herondale. Right?"

Ragnor slowly nodded; Magnus was looking at Alec, waiting for the Shadowhunter panic or freak out, but Alec, to all's surprise, stayed calm.

"Tha-That means... That means my mother a-and all their anti-downworld, racist, and... Homophobic..." Alec took a deep breath, and squeezed a bit Chairman Meow, who was still in his arms. Magnus saw Alec's move, and placed his hand a bit closer to the Shadowhunter's neck. His thumb was brushing Alec's jaw. "Friends... Are involved."

Alec looked up at Magnus, who had sir on top of the sofa, and said, obviously lowering his gaze to the Warlock's hand on his lap.

"I want to know what happened. If my parents and all those people are involved in whatever is happening, I need to know what's happening."

Alec looked at Ragnor, and the silver-haired man, ignoring Magnus shaking his head at him, took a deep breath, and said, "The Clave... Told Magnus, that... Since he's the leader of the Downworld, he has a week to tell them, who's leading all the attacks against Shadowhunters and Institutes. They want to know who attached and who's behind everything. Magnus, obviously doesn't know, but since on the corpses of the dead people there were found wolf's scratches, bites, and signs of magic... They thought Magnus would know it."

"So they decided to give him a week to tell them something he doesn't know or... They'll kill each one of the Downworld representatives. So that means, Lucian Graymark, Meliorn from the Seelie Court, Raphael Santiago and Catarina Loss."

Alec needed some seconds to assume what Ragnor had said, and the only thing that got stuck in his mind, was that his parents were going to hurt more people.

Magnus noticed, with the hand he had in Alec's neck, that the Shadowhunter's pulse started going faster. Magnus looking down at Alec, and saw him with freaked out face; again. Magnus quickly turned, and put his hands on Alec's neck, with his things touching the blue-eyed boy's cheeks.

"Alexander, calm down, what's wrong?" Magnus muttered. The Warlock let himself slide down next to Alec's as he rubbed his cheeks slowly. "Hey, sweethearts what's happening?"

Alec was trying to take deep breathes, so he could talk to Magnus, but it was kind of hard. He made it, a minute later. 

"M-Magnus m-my pa-parents a-are g-go-gonna h-h-hurt m-mo-more people a-a-again..." He stuttered out. "A-And i-it's m-my fa-fault..." He added, sniffing low.

Magnus rubbed Alec's cheek softly, and Ragnor watched that. The silver-haired Warlock could only think about the fact that he was sure about Magnus' feelings. The cat-eyed boy liked Alec.

Ragnor was sure of it.

He knew about Magnus sexuality, and type. Besides, he had never seen in the lessen 100 years Magnus being so caring and gentle with someone.

He had been heartbroken for a very long time and now it seemed like it had finally appeared someone who the Warlock seemed to like.

Ragnor shook his head, when he heard Magnus speaking. "Alexander, it's not you're fault... Why are you blaming yourself?"

Magnus moved his right hand, and brushed the hair out from Alec's forehead when it fell; Magnus had noticed that Alec's hair was always falling to his forehead, covering his eyes. Alec didn't like it when people stared at him, at his eyes especially. That was why he always let his hair cover his eyes.

Magnus loved Alec's blue eyes a d he wasn't sure why the Shadowhunter was always trying to hide them. Alec looked at Magnus for a second, and then lowered his gaze to his lap again so he wouldn't be looking into the Warlock's eyes, when he spoke. They had both forgotten about Ragnor's existence.

"B-Because i-if it wasn't f-fo-for m-m-me... Ca-Catarina would've ne-never go-gone the-there... A-And she wouldn't b-be i-in da-danger..." Alec whispered.

The cat-eyed boy heard him sniffing and he guessed Alec was trying not to cry; Magnus still had his hands on Alec's neck, but none of them seemed to care about that.

"A-And I-I-I kno-know tha-tha-that would mean th-that y-y-you would be the-the o-one i-in da-danger... B-But a-at least y-you wouldn't b-be worried f-fo-for Catarina..." Alec finished.

Magnus could only think about the fact that Alec always seemed to find a way to blame himself, even when it was obvious that it wasn't his fault.

The blue-eyed Shadowhunter sniffed again, and held back a sob. Magnus felt a warm tear run down Alec's cheek and the Warlock, as always, wiped it away.

"Alexander... Don't cry... It's not your fault... Besides... Not only Catarina is in there... I don't really know Lucian and Meliorn, but aside from Catarina there's Raphael Santiago. And I love him so much. As family. So even if I was the one in there, instead of Catarina, there's one more person I love in danger. Well, and the others. As the leader of the Downworld, it's my job to protect every single Downworlder. And I failed..."

Magnus lowered his head and ignored how his stomach clenched, just by thinking about how much he had failed. He was right. It was his job to protect the entire Downworld. And he had immensely failed.

The leaders of the Moon and the Night's children, the representative of the Seelie Court and his best friend Catarina were about to die in a week if he didn't tell the Clave something he didn't know.

"I failed..." He muttered again, letting his hands fall down from Alec's neck and leaving them resting on his lap.

Alec looked at him. Magnus looked so sad and Alec had heard in his face. They were both a sad mess.

"I want to go with you..." Suddenly Alec mumbled.

Magnus and Ragnor looked at Alec who was still with his gaze glued on his hands.

Magnus blinked confusingly.

"Where?" He asked to the Shadowhunter.

Alec looked at him, his serious face was on.

"When I woke up, you were obviously talking about an attack. And for what you've told me, I already know you're going to break in in the Clave to save everyone. So, I'm going with you."

Magnus immediately shook his head. "No way. You're not coming. You-..."

He was cut off by Alec.

"Me, what? Finish the sentence, Magnus! I'll come! And before you say it, I'm perfectly fine about Jace's death. He just hurt me. So I've already gotten over it. I don't need him. And I'm going with you whether you like it or not. And if you don't bring me with you, I'll follow you."

Magnus sighed. "Alexander, I'm the most powerful Warlock in the world. I could pick you up here, or make you sleep for some hours until we returned."

Alec raised his eyebrows and tilted his head, closing his eyes, and crossing his arms on his chest.

"If you lock me up here, or if you make me sleep, when I wake up I'll hurt myself." Alec said.

Ragnor looked at Magnus astonished, but the Warlock with cat eyes had his gaze glued on Alec. "You wouldn't dare doing that." He hissed.

"Then, bring me with you." Alec firmly said.

Magnus turn e his head and looked at his friend, still sitting on a chair.

"Magnus, he's right," Alec opened his eyes, and smiled at Ragnor. The silver-haired man saw Alec's face and immediately changed his face. "Don't you dare thinking I'm defending you. You're a Shadowhunter, so I hate you, but you were right, and you can help us," Ragnor looked at Magnus; Alec had lowered his face with Ragnor's words.

"Come on, Magnus... Why not? He's a Shadowhunter! So, why not? Why aren't you letting him come?" Ragnor stood up and walked to the sofa. Alec had to admit it: he was kind of afraid of the Warlock. Ragnor was, for sure, a very powerful Warlock. Judging by how he looked, moved and spoke, Alec was sure the silver-haired man was a man with power. Maybe not as much as Magnus, but a very lot.

Magnus clenched his jaw and sighed. Two minutes later, he spoke. "Okay..." He said and Alec looked at him with hope in his blue eyes, "But Alexander and I will always go together."

Magnus wasn't going to let Alec be alone in a building where his parents his other family probably, and lots of homophobic people were in.

Besides, all those people thought Alec was dead. Magnus wasn't sure what they would if they suddenly saw Alec Lightwood who had been disappeared for years, walking through the corridors of the Clave.

Alec looked a bit disappointed. "Okay..." He said with a small roll of his eyes.

Magnus wasn't still sure if it was a good idea to bring Alec there, but he remained quiet.

"Okay, so, uhm..." Started Ragnor, when the awkwardness began to fall in the room between all of them. Neither Alec or Magnus looked at him, but Ragnor continued talking. "What's the plan?"

***

An hour later, they had agreed in almost everything. They were going to break in in the morning; very, very early in the morning, because it was in that moment where a lot of people in the Clave left. Magnus had told Ragnor and Alec that he was the one who had put the wards of Alicante. And that he had left a small spot to enter. He was the only one who could enter there, and the only one knowing about its existence.

They were going to enter through that spot, walk through the streets of Alicante to the Clave, enter, search for the meeting's room, where they were keeping everyone, rescue everyone and leave.

Easy right?

"But how can Ragnor and I-I enter?" Alec had asked, cutting Magnus off, as he told them about the spot. "If you're the only one who can go through that spot, how are Ragnor and I going to enter?" He had asked confused.

Magnus had smiled softly at him. "If I give permission, anyone can enter through that spot." He had answered.

Alec had nodded.

Magnus had told Ragnor that he could stay there the night but the Warlock had refused, telling Magnus that he wanted to go home.

Alec was now sitting on a chair, and he had his bow in hand. They had spent at least an hour discussing about Alec's bow. They were going to enter glamorizing themselves as people from the members, but Magnus and Ragnor were not sure if it was safe to bring Alec's bow with them.

A bow was too obvious. Few Shadowhunter used it as their weapon of choice, so someone could get suspicious if they saw a Clave member with a bow. Alec had told them that he needed his bow with him, if they were going to fight.

At the end they had accorded Alec was going to bring his bow with him, obviously glamoured, but he would only use it in a very, very bad moment. He would be using seraph blades instead of his bow, if the situation wasn't that bad. Alec had accorded on that because it was the only thing way they would let him bring his bow with them.

There was still one thing they still hadn't solved, though. Who they were going to glamour themselves into.

Alec already had the three people in mind, but he hadn't said anything to them because he knew Magnus and Ragnor would tell him it wasn't a good idea.

Magnus turned; Ragnor had just left. The Warlock walked to the blue-eyed boy, who was in deep thoughts, while he unconsciously rubbed his bow with his thumb.

Magnus knelt on one knee, in front of the Shadowhunter, and put his hands on Alec's bow too.

Alec blinked a few times, and then looked at Magnus. "What were you thinking about?" The cat-eyed boy asked Alec.

"Nothing important..." Lied Alec.

Magnus sighed. "Alexander..."

Alec clenched his jaw, and rolled his eyes. "Okay..." He continued, talking with his gaze focused on Magnus' fingers, near his on his bow. "I was just thinking about the whole glamorizing ourselves thing."

Magnus frowned. "Is there something wrong about it? I mean... You don't have to come if you don't want to..."

"No, no... I want to come..." Alec sighed and took a deep breath. "I know you like the idea, but... What if we glamour ourselves as my parents and the Inquisitor?" Alec asked.

Magnus raised his eyebrows in surprised and Alec thought he was going to say no, but Magnus stayed silent for some seconds.

"Well, uhm..." The Warlock started, looking at the floor. "I thought that too. But... I didn't say anything because I thought that you would... I'm not sure... Don't like the idea or..."

"Freak out." Alec finished for him.

Magnus nodded, a bit embarrassed.

Alec sighed once again, and pinched the bridge of his nose with the hand he didn't have on his bow. "Don't worry about it, Magnus. You just supposed that. But... About the glamorizing thing... Why don't we do it?" Alec asked hopeful.

Magnus took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"Come on, Magnus... It's not a bad idea at all..." Alec whispered.

Magnus opened his eyes. He saw Alec looking at him, with a big, wide smile in his face. He looked adorable. Magnus made a decision.

"Okay..." He said.

Alec lowered his eyes, but Magnus saw he was happy, his blue eyes sparkling in happiness.

"But you will be Robert and I'll be Maryse. Ragnor will be Inquisitor Herondale." Magnus added, looking at him with his eyebrows raised a bit.

Alec looked at him, when he finished talking, with a frown and nodded. "Sure... But, why?" He asked, lowering his gaze again.

"Because your parents go together everywhere and I want you always by my side there."

Alec blushed a bit and whispered an okay, making Magnus smile a bit.

They spent the rest of the day watching more of the Harry Potter movies, until the night.

They had dinner together and Magnus told Alec to sleep in the guest (Or Chairman Meow's) room.

They told each other good night and left to their bedrooms.

It was 9 o'clock.

6 hours later, Alec was lying on his bed awake. He had woken up a second ago, because he had just had a nightmare. Again, a memory of one of the worst memories he had. Magnus didn't know about that one, and Alec wasn't sure if he was ever going to tell him about it.

Half an hour later, he was getting so depressed because thoughts about what they had told him in the past.

Memories of what they had told him, and what had happened that day, were coming back to him. He was rolling from one side to another of the bed, getting more and more depressed as the minutes went.

Five minutes later, he was almost crying and he was more than depressed than before, shaking anxiously.

He was on the verge of having a panic attack, and he himself already knew that.

The Shadowhunter thought about the only person who he knew that could stop one of his panic attacks: Magnus.

Alec for up from his bed and walked to the Warlock's bedroom, fast. Alec was knocking the door, when he remembered what time it was, and that Magnus was probably asleep.

But he had already knocked the door, and opened it slightly, so he ignored that.

Magnus must had heard Alec's heavy breathes and the door opening, because he groaned a bit and muttered Alec's name with sleepy voice.

"I can't sleep..." The blue-eyed boy whispered looking at the floor.

He heard Magnus moving and a deep breath. "Come here..." The Warlock mumbled.

Alec closed the door and walked to the bed. He saw Magnus was under the blanket, lying on his side, yawning, while he patted the spot of bed empty next to him, so Alec would understand he could lie there.

Alec noticed Magnus wasn't wearing any shirt, but he tried to ignore it, as he lay down on Magnus' bed, and covered himself with the blanket.

He la on his side too, and saw Magnus smiling sleepily at him. "I-... I'm sorry for I-I woke y-you up... It's just-..." Alec started, looking at his hands, in front of his chest, resting on Magnus' soft bed.

Magnus cut him off. "It's okay, Alexander... I told you that if you needed to wake me up at three a.m. you could..." He said, and Alec bit his lip, nodding. "How come you couldn't sleep?" He asked.

Alec took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He didn't want to talk about it. He wasn't sure if he could talk to someone about it without panicking.

Magnus saw Alec's hesitation, and he was about to tell him to forget it, when the Shadowhunter spoke before he could even open his mouth. "A nightmare..." He croaked out with husky voice.

"A memory?" Magnus asked, already knowing the answer. Alec just nodded. "Do you want to talk about it?" The blue-eyed boy shook his head. Magnus pressed his lips together and sighed low. "Alright, then... Why don't you try to sleep without thinking about that?" Magnus asked hopeful, trying to come up with a good idea.

"And what do you want me to think about? This is the only things that comes up to my mind every time I close my eyes..." Alec mumbled sad.

"And why don't you think about happy things?" Magnus asked.

Alec looked at him with the face that said, 'Are you fucking kidding me?', and said, looking back down, "Such as? The only happy memories I have are less than few and they remind me that they left me... That everyone left me... I just don't want to think about that... It'll only depress me..."

A tear ran down Alec's cheek and he sniffed. Magnus nodded. He felt sorry for Alec.

"Do you want me to help you sleep?" He asked, knowing Alec probably needed some help to sleep.

"Yes, please..." Mumbled Alec, closing his eyes.

Magnus nodded again, "Okay..." The Warlock put his hand on Alec's shoulder and slid it down his arm, moving it up and down, pulsing magic into him.

Ten seconds later, Alec was soundly asleep, which made Magnus breathe relieved.

He felt so pity for Alec; the blue-eyed boy just wanted peace in his life. He just wanted to live a normal life, with a normal family who accepted him, no homophobic people around, normal friend who accepted him, normal boyfriend who accepted him...

He just wanted wanted a normal life, and he couldn't even get some sleep because of the homophobia he had suffered when he was younger.

The cat-eyed Warlock closed his eyes and a couple of minutes later, he was asleep.

***

6 hours later, at 9 in the morning, Magnus woke up. He opened his eyes and saw Alec still sleeping, on his side as before, but he seemed to be a bit closer to him.

Magnus smiled and caressed Alec's cheek softly. The Shadowhunter mumbled something in his sleep but didn't wake up.

They were going to face a hard day; well, not day, but night. They had their stamina spells, and Alec had his stamina rune. They had decided they would get prepared or rest for a day, and rescue everyone the next morning.

Magnus took a deep breath and sat up on the bed with his back against the headboard. He watched Alec sleeping; the Shadowhunter's eyelids were moving so he was either dreaming or having a nightmare. Or living one of his memories again.

Magnus sighed and moved his hand to Alec's hair, stroking it softly.

The blue-eyed boy said something low, and moved a bit getting closer Magnus, but remained asleep.

The Warlock watched him sleep for a little while, until he decided to get up, get dressed and made some breakfast for him, Alec and maybe Ragnor, if he came.

Magnus got up. He was just wearing his black boxers, and if Alec hadn't been there he wouldn't have gotten dressed, but he knew Alec would be so uncomfortable if he saw shim only with his boxers on.

Magnus snapped his fingers, and he was suddenly wearing a dark yellow hoodie. His boxers and the hoodie. He was content with that.

Magnus yawned and walked out of his bedroom quietly, so he wouldn't wake Alec up.

He went to the living room, and picked Chairman Meow up on his way, when the cat jumped up to him. He walked to the table and conjured some food.

Magnus was about to sit down when he suddenly caught a fire message. It was from Ragnor. "Can I come now?" It said.

Magnus sent him a fire message saying a simple "Yes" and he let his wards down for a minute, so Ragnor could open a Portal in his apartment.

A couple of seconds later a green Portal opened behind him, and Ragnor came out of it. He was wearing some old-fashioned clothes again.

"Good morning, cabbage..." Teased Magnus, as he snapped his fingers and conjured a cup of tea. He sipped it, while Ragnor took a seat in front of him, groaning.

"Oh, shut up, kitty..." He mumbled, taking a piece of bacon on one of the dishes Magnus had conjured on the table.

It someone else that wasn't included on Magnus' list of close friends had called him like that, he would've burned the person alive right then and there; but since Ragnor was a very friend of his, and he had teased him for his green skin, the silver-haired man had all his rights to call him like that because of his eyes.

"Where's is hour blue-eyed prince? Has he flown away after realizing he'll have to fight against his own kind?"

Magnus chuckled, and Ragnor took a seat beside him.

"Don't worry, because that's the last thing that worried me. The thing worrying me the most is the fact that-..." Magnus cut himself off, when he heard a door closing and footsteps.

The cat-eyed Warlock stood up, and walked to his bedroom; he found Alec, standing, with his forehead against the door of Magnus' bedroom.

Magnus walked to him, immediately worried; it didn't seem like Alec had noticed Magnus approaching him. Until the Warlock slid his hand down the Shadowhunter's arm.

Alec flinched and turned a bit, so he could see Magnus, even though he still had his forehead against the door.

"Did you sleep well?" Magnus asked gently.

Alec, already with his gaze lowered, shook his head. "Nightmares and me-memories..." He muttered.

Magnus bit his lip. He had his hand on Alec's wrist, rubbing Alec's soft skin with his thumb.

"My magic didn't help you, right?" Magnus asked, sad.

"No..." Alec answered, shaking his head, still looking down at the floor. "Not at all..."

Magnus clenched his jaw. "Well, uhm... We'll change that, Alexander...." He said, and Alec muttered an okay, never taking his eyes off the floor. "And, uhm... Alexander, Ragnor is here again. And today we will continue with the plan. He doesn't know about the Glamour thing, so we have to tell him. Do you want to tell him, or I'll do?"

Alec groaned a bit, and whispered, "You..."

Magnus frowned; something was wrong with Alec. "Are you okay?" Magnus lifted his hand up to the blue-eyed boy's cheeks, and Alec shook his head once again. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" He asked softly.

Alec took a deep breath, and closed his eyes. His head was pounding. "My head... It hurts... A lot..." He muttered.

Magnus felt himself relax. He could help Alec with that.

"Where?"

Alec pointed at his left temple, still with his eyes closed.

The Warlock nodded, and the hand that had been on Alec's cheek a second ago, was now on Alec's left temple. Placing it softly on his temple, he sent, smoothly, pulses of magic.

Ten seconds later, he took his hand off Alec's temple, and looked at Alec, who still had his eyes closed, but seemed to be a bit more relieved.

"Feeling better?" The cat-eyed boy asked. Alec nodded, and smiled a little. "Thanks..." The Shadowhunter mumbled shyly.

"No problem." Magnus said, smiling too.

They looked at each other, Alec already with his blue eyes open, for some seconds. They were so lost in the other's eyes, that they almost missed Ragnor's shout. "Magnus! Stop doing your Shadowhunter, and come right now!"

Alec blushed hard and looked panicking at Magnus. "W-W-What?" He stuttered out. Alec's chest tightened immediately; what did Ragnor mean? He wasn't anybody's right?

Magnus saw how Alec turned pale and pale, and noticed how Alec would panic out right then and there if he didn't do anything. Magnus moved his hands up to Alec's neck, placing them there, with his thumbs brushing the Shadowhunter's jaw. He had noticed small moves and brushes, calmed Alec down.

"Hey, hey... Alexander, he was just joking... Ragnor was just joking... Don't worry..." He said softly to him.

Alec nodded, still breathing a bit faster than normal. A minute later, he took a deep breath, relaxing down a little more. "O-Okay... I'm sorry... I-It wo-won't ha-happen again... I'm sorry..." He whispered.

Magnus frowned slightly. He couldn't understand why Alec felt like he had to apologize for everything he did.

The Warlock supposed that Alec had apologized back when he still lived in the Institute, for things they blamed him for, yet probably not even a half of them were not Alec's fault, that he had gotten used to apologize for everything.

"Alexander, don't apologize. You've don't nothing wrong." He said, rubbing his jaw gently with his thumbs.

Alec licked his lips nervously, and nodded again, quickly. "Okay, sorry..." He whispered. Once he realized he had apologized again, he gulped and looked at Magnus, who looked at him with a sad smile. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have apologized again, and now I'm doing it again, so I should probably stop..." His voice trailed off.

The Shadowhunter looked down, and Magnus sighed a bit worried for Alec. He wasn't sure if Alec was aware of how many times he apologized, and that kind of worried him. He shook his head, and, taking Alec's hand in his, he turned and walked to the living room, where Ragnor was still waiting, sitting on his seat.

"Have you forgotten that yours, Magnus, and my family are in danger?" The silver-haired Warlock barked at both of them. He, then, looked at Alec. "And you. You should've woken up before. We can't waste more time, sleeping, or with useless stuff! Next time, hurry, because he have to save mine and Magnus' family. I know you don't care about us, because after all, we are just Downworlders, so for you that means nothing. We are less than you. Just some filthy Warlocks." Ragnor stopped talking, and he would've continued if it wasn't because Magnus cut him off, before the silver-haired man could add something else.

"Ragnor! Stop it! He hasn't done anything wrong!" Magnus exclaimed.

Alec shook his head. "No, Magnus. Don't worry. It's what I deserve. He has all his rights to tell me that, and a lot more..."

Magnus looked astonished at Alec. "No, Alexander. Just because you're a Shadowhunter doesn't mean you're the same as the others of your kind," he looked at Ragnor, who watched them while they argued.

"Ragnor, Alexander is not just an annoying, idiotic Shadowhunter. He wants to help us, and I'm not forcing him to come. He does want to help!"

Alec decided to help Magnus a bit, since the Warlock had decided to be in his side, instead of Ragnor's.

"I don't care if you're Downworlders... Until now, Downworlders have treated me better than my own family. Magnus gas taken care of me in few days, in a way neither my family nor my friends have ever done. So I don't care if you're a Downworlder, a Shadowhunter, a mundane or a demon!" He said, watching his hands move together, because of the nerves of having half s reamed at someone.

He didn't dare to look at Ragnor, afraid of what would happen is he did so.

Ragnor looked at Magnus. "Do you trust him?" He just asked to the cat-eyed boy, pointing at Alec with his head.

Magnus nodded. "Of course." He muttered, glancing at Alec, who had his hands tangled together.

Alec heard Ragnor taking a deep breath, and a minute later, the silver-haired Warlock spoke.

"Then..." He let out a dramatic heavy sigh. "If Magnus trusts you... I'm going to give you a tiny little chance. Just because I trust Magnus. I'm giving you the smallest chance to prove me you're worth. I still hate you, though." He said, not so gently.

Alec blushed a bit, nodded and muttered an okay.

Magnus and Alec, who had been standing at the door, walked to the table. Well, more like: Alec followed Magnus to the table, and they both sat there. Alec had taken his hand off Magnus' at the second they had stepped in the living room, after he had seen Ragnor there.

The cat-eyed boy was sitting between Ragnor and the Shadowhunter.

Ragnor was glaring at Alec , and the blue-eyed boy had his hands tangled together once again, with his nails singing in the other hand. He knew Ragnor was watching him. He wasn't sure if the silver-haired man knew about his hands or not, though. The Warlock's stare was making him even more nervous.

Magnus noticed how Ragnor looked at Alec, and he turned his head, to see the Shadowhunter with his hands intertwined, hurting himself again.

Magnus sighed worriedly, and took one of Alec's hands in his, intertwining their fingers, so he made sure Alec wouldn't pull his hand off.

The Shadowhunter blushed hard. "W-What are y-you do-doing?" He asked shyly.

"Preventing you from hurting yourself." He simply answered, turning his head to look at Ragnor. "So, uhm... Alexander and I had an idea for the glamorizing thing." He said.

The silver-haired man raised his eyebrows, as if he told Magnus he was listening. Magnus continued talking, "We can glamour ourselves as the Inquisitor and the Lightwoods. You would go as Imogen, and Alexander and I as Maryse and Robert."

Ragnor's shook his head, sighing loudly, and pinched the bridge of his nose. "That... That's not a good idea." He said, still shaking his head.

"Why not?" The cat-eyed boy asked a bit confused.

Ragnor blinked a few times, also confused, and frowned. "Because Magnus, they'll be there for sure! What if we find them, in the building? If they see us, we are more than dead." He exclaimed.

"W-We can knock them o-out..." Muttered Alec.

The Warlocks' heads turned at the same time looking at Alec, who blushed hard.

"You would be capable of knocking your own parents out?" Magnus asked, a bit surprised.

Alec took a deep breath, gulped and nodded. He shrugged, then. "Well, uhm... The-They... They didn't trea-treat m-m-me well... A-And they even h-hurt me physically, s-so I don't really c-consider them m-my pa-parents..." He stopped talking when he realized he had said something he shouldn't have.

Magnus' cat eyes were wide open, in astonishment and Ragnor's face was expressionless. Alec couldn't really guess what was going on in Ragnor's mind.

"Alexander..." Magnus whispered. Alec had his eyes closed, waiting for what was about to come. "They... Hurt you physically?" The cat-eyed boy asked softly.

Alec bit his lip, turning redder as the seconds went. He clenched his jaw, and hand, forming a fist, pressing his fingers into the palm of his hand.

A minute later, the Shadowhunter nodded a bit and whispered a yes.

Alec was focused on controlling his breath, trying not to let it fasten. Memories of all the times his parents had slapped, punched, kicked or hurt him in any way, whether it was physical, mental or emotionally, were coming back to him.

Magnus reminded himself he would have to talk about that with Alec, once Ragnor had left.

Magnus pulled Alec's chair, and Alec, closer with a snap of his fingers. He put his left hand the one that wasn't holding Alec's, on the blue-eyed boy's thigh. He noticed Alec flinching a bit, but none of them said anything.

Magnus turned, once again, and looked at Ragnor. "Anyways, we would knock them out, and portal them somewhere, or hide them inside the building itself." He said, softly rubbing Alec's hand.

The silver-haired man took a deep breath. "I don't like the idea." He simply said, breathing the words out.

"Why not?" The cat-eyed boy asked, frowning a bit.

"I'm not sure, I just don't like it. I don't think it's a good idea," Ragnor stopped talking; he seemed to be thinking. Some seconds later, he continued talking. "Why can't we just kill the entire Clave, and get them out of there?"

Magnus sighed, and rubbed his eyes, pinching the bridge of his nose a bit.

"Because if we do that there's going to be a war. The Downworld against the Nephilim. And that would mean the purge of the Nephilim, because the Downworld is huger than all the Shadowhunters together, so we would probably win. And we need the Nephilim to keep the world safe, Ragnor." Magnus explained.

Ragnor shook his head. "Magnus, the Earth has survived so many centuries without the Shadowhunters. Downworlders can kill demons too. We don't need the Shadowhunters! They're just annoying and useless. Why can't we just kill them and end all this?"

Magnus felt Alec's hand shaking a bit and he squeezed it a little, softly. "Because it's not fair for the Shadowhunters who haven't done anything wrong! We'd kill their families, their friends, and everyone around them! Besides, we can't kill people just because some of their kind are completely assholes. And killing people is not even a thing we should discuss, Ragnor. At the moment, we won't kill anyone. If the thing gets worse, then, perhaps we can talk about it, and if we have to kill someone we will first talk about it, because we can't kill people, just because we hate them."

"They're not innocent people, Magnus! They hate us, and now they're gonna kill the Downworld representatives, whether you tell them something you don't know or not! If they're going to kill them, why can't we do the same? It's not fair!" Ragnor exclaimed angrily.

Alec watched how the two Warlocks discussed, clearly not planning on adding something.

"Let's make a deal." Said Magnus, after a couple minutes of silence. "We go there, without killing anyone. But if the thing gets worse, and they attack us maybe then, if we kill someone it won't matter at all, since they will also be trying to kill us. Only if they attack us, Ragnor." He added that last part, when the silver-haired man smirked.

They stayed in an awkward silence, and, surprisingly, Alec broke it. "S-So, uhm... We'll glamour ourselves as them o-or not?" He asked, looking down.

He lifted a bit his head, to look at Magnus, since Ragnor scared him.

The cat-eyed Warlock nodded and looked at Ragnor, raising a bit his eyebrows.

Ragnor just sighed and shook his head, but said, "Okay, but I still think that it's not a good idea."

Magnus smiled, a really bright smile that made Alec forget for a second about everything. Magnus' smile made Alec forget, at least for some seconds, about his past, his homophobic family, his homophobic so called friends, his parabatai's death, his anxiety, and the fact that he could be the reason of Catarina's death if their plan failed.

Alec was so in deep thoughts that he almost didn't hear Magnus' voice, calling him.

"Alexander? Are you okay? You seem to be in deep thoughts..." He said, a bit worried.

Alec looked up at home when the Warlock finished talking. "Yeah, I-I'm fine..." He whispered.

Magnus clapped his hands together, making Alec flinch because of the sudden noise, and said, "Well, we seem to be done here. I don't see why we should plan something else since nothing could go wrong, if everything goes as we planned. So, what do you want to do now?" Magnus asked smiling happily.

He was a ring that way because he knew that if he didn't do so, he would probably break down.

Ragnor took a deep breath, "I think I'm just going to return home because I have a few things to do before we get into trouble..." He muttered.

Magnus raised a bit his eyebrows, "Okay..." He turned his head to look at Alec who had his fingers intertwined again, watching them move nervously. "Alexander," he said and the blue-eyed boy immediately flinched. He stopped moving his fingers, but stayed with his gaze down. Magnus didn't say anything about it. "What do you want to do?" He asked forcing a small smile.

Ragnor sighed, rolled his eyes, stood up and, after turning to say goodbye to Magnus, he made a green bright Portal and disappeared through it.

Alec shrugged. He didn't really care. Magnus bit his lip. He wasn't sure if they should watch a movie or not. Every time they did that, they ended up watching movies for hours, and Magnus didn't want to risk having a headache.

"Magnus, where's my bow?" Alec suddenly asked.

Magnus looked at him, and snapped his fingers. Alec's bow appeared on the table. The Warlock saw Alec sighing in relied, and his shoulders relaxing a bit, seeing his bow.

Alec brought his hand to his bow and touched it. Magnus noticed something was wrong. Alec seemed to be a bit worried.

The cat-eyed Warlock placed his hand near Alec's with his middle finger touching Alec's thumb. "Alexander, what's wrong?" He asked softly.

The Shadowhunter took a deep breath. "It's just..." Alec cut himself off, and Magnus saw Alec was wondering. He let Alec think, and a couple of seconds later, the blue-eyed boy said, "Nothing, don't worry... I'm sorry..." He whispered.

"Alexander, first of all, you don't have to apologize, okay?" Magnus said, with a low sigh. He moved his hand closer to Alec's and placed it on top of it. "And second, whatever you need just tell me, don't worry."

Alec, who had flinched when the Warlock had placed his hand on his own, smiled a bit, and, ignoring the voice inside his head screaming at him that their hands couldn't be touching, that it was wrong, he spoke.

"B-But it's selfish... T-To ask y-you to do something f-fo-for me... You've already done s-so much f-for me... I-I can't ask you for m-more..." Alec said, while watching his hand move.

Magnus sighed again. He was feeling like he sighed a lot those days. The blue-eyed boy still thought Magnus would scold him for wanting him to do something for him, or help him.

The Warlock took a deep breath. "Alexander, it's not selfish to need something from someone. Whatever you need, almost everything you need, with a snap of fingers, I'll get it. Just tell me, and we can talk about it." Magnus smiled and rubbed his thumb on the back of Alec's hand softly.

He knew Alec wasn't feeling too comfortable with him having his hand on his, but he needed to make Alec feel that it wasn't wrong to be holding hands, or having his hand with another man. The Warlock saw Alec taking a deep breath, and sighing.

"Alexander, tell me..." Magnus added.

The Shadowhunter clenched his jaw. "Okay, fine..." He whispered. Magnus grinned a bit. "It's just that... I want to go to my apartment to pick some of my things..."

Magnus raised his eyebrows, surprised. Alec lifted his head, blushing, and lowered it after seeing Magnus' surprised face.

"I-It's n-n-not that I-I-I don't like wha-what you've given m-m-me... But I want my-my things too... I-I know it's selfish b-but it's the t-truth..." He stuttered out, knowing Magnus would scold him.

Magnus was really surprised. How could Alec feel sorry because of wanting to return to his house? The cat-eyed boy smiled, and took Alec's hand properly.

"Alexander, sweetheart, that's not selfish. How could you feel selfish about wanting to return to your house? I am the one who should be apologizing, for making you stay here..." He said using a gentle tone.

He noticed Alec was staring at their hands together, and smiled a bit more.

The Shadowhunter nodded and mumbled an, "O-Okay, I'm sorry..."

Magnus sighed, biting his lip. He really needed to make Alec stop apologizing. The Warlock shook his head, "So you want to go to your apartment?" Asked Magnus. Alec nodded again, without looking at him. "Let's go now, then."

Alec immediately lifted his head, surprised, looking at Magnus, "W-What? Are you serious? Y-You're not mad a-at me?" He asked, hopeful.

Magnus stood up, taking his hand off Alec's, and snapped his fingers making his chair move to its right place.

"No, of course I'm not mad at you, and yes! We are going now!" Magnus exclaimed.

Alec stood up too, and moved his chair.

"So, you live near where I found you, right?" Magnus asked, remembering what the Shadowhunter had told him, a day ago, in the bath.

"Yeah..." He muttered, looking down, blushing.

Magnus' smile grew bigger, seeing Alec blushing. "Do you want to go there walking or portaling?" He asked.

Alec looked at him for a second, right before looking at his feet, as he spoke.

"Uhm... B-Better portaling... I-I don't really w-want people t-to see m-m-me..." Alec muttered.

Magnus smiled, a sad smile. He reached one of his hands out for Alec, so he would take it.

Alec looked at it, blushed really hard, and slowly lifted his hand to take Magnus' one. He walked to Magnus, who smiled at him softly.

Magnus saw how uncomfortable Alec seemed to be, holding hands with him, and said, "Don't worry, I just need to hold your hand so we can portal to your apartment. Since I don't know where you live, and I've never been there either, we have to do it this way... Okay?"

Alec took a deep breath, forced a smile, and nodded.

"Alright," the Warlock started. "Think about your apartment, Alexander."

Alec muttered an okay, closing his eyes. Some seconds later the Shadowhunter whispered something Magnus took as a sign to make the Portal.

The cat-eyed Warlock closed his eyes too, moving his free hand, and creating a Portal, a blue one, to Alec's apartment.

Magnus looked at Alec, who had his gaze glued at the Portal he had just created. He bit a little his lip, and took a step forward, walking through the Portal to Alec's apartment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 192 11
Magnus and alec one shots for all the fans out there ^^ Sad ones :( Cute ones :3 Family ones :D Fluffy ones :0 Dirty ones ;3 You name it and I'll try...
251K 8K 59
Alec, the hottest Shadowhunter, and institute leader of New York meets one of the opressed downworlders Magnus Bane. Unfortunately he has to work wit...
2K 207 9
Magnus is an English teacher, working in a school. He's worried about someone, this someone called Alec Lightwood. He has been worried about him for...
94.2K 3.8K 48
Alec's father works for Mr. Bane senior, and sometimes Alec gets a chance to work for him too. For instance when the young Mr Bane comes home. But Al...