Enchanting Potential (Mairima...

Por Master_of_Assassins

"You are the brightness to my dullness. You are the sugar to my tasteless, bland tea. You are the sun that sh... Más

Preface
Prologue
Saviour
Fine 'n Dine
First Day of Demon School
Who is that Familiar!
New Demon in the Circle (I)
Blooming Friends(II)
The One Who Wants to Become Demon King and Demon God
Ameri's Hypothesis
First Love Memories
What Are You Truly Feeling, Hayami?
Hard Work in Practice
Promotion Day: Fierce Battle of Execution Cannonball!
Familiar Interaction Lesson(I)
The Battler's Challenge(II)
Commencement of Rookie Hunt
Magical Apparatus Battler(I)
Dinner with the Thirteen's
Building the Sparks of the Battler
Room Meant to be A Secret
Senpai's Disappearance and Suspicious Activity
Run, Iruma, to Kiriwo and Hayami
Craving More
Picking Everything Up
Awarding Ceremony
Humans Treatment in the Netherworld

The "Special" Class

1.5K 35 21
Por Master_of_Assassins

Published: 07/07/2020

Update: 07/07/2020

Iruma and Hayami were eating breakfast around the table with Opera and Sullivan. Opera was standing at the side by Iruma, he offered some more hell grey tea for the two and both happily accepted the tea with thanks. 

"Iruma-kun, Hayami-chan! We'll be announcing classes today, and I made sure to put you in a special class." He said, joyfully. 

"Special?" Iruma questioned. 

"Well, you mentioned that you didn't want to stand out, so Grandpa made sure your wish come true!" He assured. 

"Th-Thank you for going to the trouble for me." He thanked him. 

"Master, what is this "special" class you speak of?" She probed her him for more information. 

"You most definitely enjoy and the class is the Misfit class." He clapped his hands while jumping in his seat. 

From outside, voices were heard calling out to them. "Iruma-chi! Haya-ki! Morning!"

"Good morning, Iruma-sama and Hayami-sama." Asmodeus and Kuro said. 

"I put your friends in the same class, too! You'll be in the misfit class." He responded. 

After eating and preparing to go, they left for school. On their way, other demons were flying to the school while they were walking. Clara was chanting happily, leaving the group while Asmodeus, Iruma and Kuro were talking. Hayami was caught up in not listening to anyone, simply blanking out from her frame of mind for a while. Her middle eye started to hurt a little, it wasn't as painful as before but it still hurts. She rubbed it gently through her bangs. 

"Misfit class we will be attending." Hayami answered out of the blue. 

"Misfit class? Anything is fine as long as we are all together." Kuro said very pleased. It would be  a dread for the demon representative cousins to not be in the same class as their honor superiors. 

"The only problem is that it's a class that is filled with a bunch of troublemakers." He sighed. The thoughts of earlier were manifesting in their mind. 

"I put you in a class with lots of troublemakers who'll stand out way more than you!" Grandpa cheered. 

"Iruma-sama, Hayami-sama. As Kuro said, as long as we're in the same class as you, there's nothing more we can ask for. It'll be the best class!" Asmodeus placed his left hand on his chest. 

"R-Really?" He laughed. 

"Come to think of it, why do you walk to school, Iruma-sama, Hayami-sama?" He inquired but Iruma merely dodged the question.

"Huh, uh... well... So you, Clara and Kuu-san can fly?" 

"But, of course. All demons can fly." He stopped then went closer to his face. "Iruma-sama, Hayami-sama, could it be..."

He looked surprised and Hayami was going to speak for the two until he said what he had to say first. "That you want to strengthen your legs? Very admirable, Iruma-sama and Hayami-sama!"

"Huh? Uh err..." He laughed as she chuckled. 

"Come on, Azz-kun. I can fly with this too, you know." She opened her arms, moving them up and down to show her design of her knee length beautiful haori which match her arm bands and legwarmers. "Besides, not only to strengthen our legs but Iruma loves to fly on my back. It's his way of having valuable time with one another without worries. It helps him relax." 

"Hayami-sama!" Asmodeus and Kuro said with such sparkling background. "Putting others first before you especially giving Iruma-sama the leisure he needs, such worthy friend like Iruma-sama, you smitten us once again!" He said. 

Hayami slightly blush with a smile. "I know you all would do the same for Iruma and I too." 

Iruma was smiling from the happiness radiating from her. Being with them and cherishing their friendship. It made him almost forgot there were going to the demon school until a loud squawk from the bell of the school, announcing it was time for the students to go to their respective classes. 

Students were looking at the bulletin board. They were listed on the board with the name of their classes which they would be attending too. There happened to be all their names in the middle which stand out the most from the other average classes, with the flashy yellow colour. 

"Yay! I'm with Iruma-chi and Haya-ki! I'm so happy! All five of us are together! That's amazing!" She hugged him then grabbed her, pulling her into a big hug.

"It's so conspicuous! Why is it so flashy?!" He groaned.

"That's what I was thinking, this isn't something to be too proud of when it has come across like that." She sputtered after she was pulled in the hug by Clara who was declaring about them being in the same class like he never heard the news. 

"What do you think Iruma-sama and Hayami-sama have been talking about this whole time?!" Asmodeus blurted out with an irk mark. 

"I'm not in Iruma-sama's class." 

"I'm not in Hayami-sama's class." Both of them dropped to their knees. Their friends asked if they were okay, and they responded in a vague and absent minded manner because they were in state of shock. 

The five were walking in the first year's tower of the school. It also has its own cafeteria, according to Iruma. "I wonder where is the Misfit Class?" He pondered. 

"All new students' classes should be here." Asmodeus said. Kuro give a nod to say what he said was true.

"Look right! Look left! Look right!" 

"Or..." Hayami stopped her and pointed to the arrow that flipped in front of them to get there attention, but she already got the attention before it could. It moved to catch their eyes. 

"We go that way!" Clara was quick to follow. 

"That must be the arrow to lead our Iruma-sama and Hayami-sama, the honor students, down the right path. Let us follow." he said 

Clara chased after the arrow like a child intrigued by something for the first time and wants to play with it eagerly. The four followed and looked in other classes. 'I know this is a demon school, but it reminds me of a normal school. I didn't really get to go to school before, so I'm looking forward to it.' He thought. 

'I have been to school and this really shows it. A class with students and professors teaching and interacting with their students. How nice! The books I read was sure misleading, though not all of them. I thought demons were cruel and malicious, but from what I seen, a lot of them are nicer than others.'

"My necklace!" One demon said. "My earrings are gone!" They cried out.

"My bad. It's a habit." He said. A male demon with the normal uniform with black hair, and red eyes. He glanced at their direction then his eyes met hers. He knew it was one of the honour students, and for some reason, she looked very attractive. Her hot pink colour luscious lips. Her white hair in a high and side ponytail that can be a distinguished hairdo to many demons. Her black long eyelashes were flawlessly styled. The female only give a gentle smile at him with her eyes slightly softened. However, he was horrified by a next glance, her purple lustrous eyes turned dark purple with vertical pupils. 'What is this? She seemed different!' He looked forward then walked away.

"Ara~" She said then placed her hand over her eyes before putting them down. "He ran away? Did I looked intimidating? I was only smiling after all." Iruma caught her glancing away. 

"Hayami-sama, this way!" Kuro said as the others walked off to find their class. 

"Okay!" 

****

They walked from the school to a grassy area. "Hold it! Hey! You're so fast!" Clara was holding a fishing net to capture the arrow, she still ran with them following her. 

"Iruma-chi! Haya-ki! Azz-Azz! Kury-Kury! This way!" She waved the, over with the arrow pointing to the cave. "So exciting!"

"It's underground?"

"There's a classroom in a place like this?" Hayami looked down the stairs that lead to where the classroom suppose to be held. 

"This school surprises me every time."

They halted and covered their nose in disgust. 

"It stinks!" Iruma said. 

Hayami covered her nose with sleeve of her haori. 'Such a repulsive scent.' She cringed. It was worse since her nose was very sensitive to scents so it made her nauseous. "This is a garbage dumping site." Asmodeus said. Bags of garbage were packed in their line of sight. "It goes down further!" Clara exclaimed, being first to pass the unsightly disposal of trash.

They soon reached to a large brown old door. "Here?" Iruma asked. 

"Seems so." Kuro said.

"Wow." Hayami, Iruma and Clara said. 

Iruma was the one to test it but it slightly opened. "It's opened?" He questioned.

Clara pushed him forward making him open the door viciously. "Iruma-sama?!" Both said. "Charge!" Clara shouted. 

As soon as he entered, a variety of weapons were directed then charged towards him. He quickly dodged using his ability, Overwhelming Crisis Evasion Capability. "What the heck?!" Iurma has absolutely no attack power, but he's amazing in dodging things!

"Iruma-sama?!"

"Iruma-kun!" Hayami stepped in. "Are you okay?" She halted and smelt something in particular. She spotted the weapons heading in direction as well. 

"Hayami-sama!" Kuro and Asmodeus yelled. 

Her eyes locked on the weapons then she dodged too. Before any weapons hit the ground, some were avoided but more coming to her. In a flash, all the other weapons were knocked back and laid on the ground gently in perfect conditions; from what looked like fog was surrounding them, and placed them down properly before it was gone. "Such a dangerous way of greeting new classmates." 

The students were clapping from the performance before them. "Well done!" 

"Wonderful!"

"No wonder they are the honor students."

"I'd like to see that again."

"Hardship makes a man." The lion face demon said. 

"Women can also be on top like men too! She proved the point very well."

"You're amazing, Iruma-chi and Haya-ki!" 

Iruma looked confused at them. "It seems they liked our display. They seemed to also place a bet on us too." She told him. 

"But I was wrong!" 

"Heck yeah! I win!"

"All right, I'm handing out the winnings." 

"Hey! What in the world are you doing?" He yelled. 

"What? It was just a prank." The guy who she saw earlier with black hair said. 

"Yeah, we were betting how many would hit both of them." The yellow hair boy said. 

'So... this is the misfit class. I almost died on my first step inside.' He thought. 

'I can see why this is called the misfit class for the troublemakers. They are troublesome in their own way, I wondered what some of them do. Some looks more or less innocent like.' She glanced at a light blue hair girl with glasses who looked away shyly. 

"Man, you two are the only ones who ever dodged. Mostly you deflect some back." The yellow hair demon said who looked pretty cheery and cute to Hayami's eyes. 

"Though, we did have someone who caught all of them." The provocative dressed female demon giggled. 

"Caught?" 

"Ridiculous!" A large thump was heard, a foot slammed on the ground to reveal a rather larger, muscular demon with weapons pierced in his skin. "I would never do anything as cowardly as dodging!" He boldly stated with confidence. 

"He caught them all right!" The four, except Clara, bewildered taking in the information they heard. 

"He's huge!" Clara said.

"Oh, so you must be he one who is named Sabnock Sabro. The one and only who fought a teacher, right?" Kuro said then Hayami remember it. She did remember a glanced of him trying to strike a teacher when it was the first day of school. 

"That's right." He tensed his body,  making the weapons fly out of his body then caught one of the swords. "I, Sabnock Sabro, am big enough to be worthy of becoming the Demon King! Even better, the Demon God!" 

"D-Demon King?"

"Demon God?" 

The Demon King. The one who rules over the netherworld and all its inhabitants. But then demon king's throne has been vacant for hundreds of years.

The Demon God. The one who also rules over the netherworld and its inhabitants like the Demon King. The Demon God is higher and more respected. The Demon King would talk with the Demon God for certain decisions as the Demon God is superior over the Demon King, but do not interfere with most situations since the Demon King would normally do a splendid job as the ruler. The Demon God appears in the critical moments when or if necessary.

"Listen well, honor students! I will become yodh first, and then become the next Demon King and then the Demon God. Thou shalt kneel before me when I become Yodh" 

"Umm... What's this about "thou" "I (unu)", and "Yodh" ?" He asked with his hand behind his head. 

"Thou is you, unu is I which is yourself and he was referring to himself." Kuro explained for him. "And Yodh is the highest demon rank!" A quick and easy lesson on demons. There are ten ranks of demon and the highest of them is Yodh. The Demon King, ruler of the netherworld, is selected from among the Yodh. 

There are seven classes of demons and the highest of them is Double S. Unlike with the Demon King, who is selected among a single high rank, the Demon God can take up any class as long as they are very capable of doing their bidding and are the "chosen" or "destined" ones. 

"The Demon King is the most powerful of all demons, and their ruler! And the next Demon King shall be Me! Better yet, Demon God is also extremely powerful and devastating, stemming to be the top and above the Demon King as it is, only serving in times of need. It is generally a perfect being from the skies. " He praised. 

"He's so huge. He's like a mountain." Clara said. 

"And for that, I need to rise up the rank and classes higher than me! The sword started to crack in his hold by his abnormally tight grip before shattering, making Iruma uneasy. "That's why you picked a fight with a teacher and ended up in this class." The yellow hair boy said. 

"Yeah, you even made the school paper." Andro said, holding up the newspaper article of the picture of him and defeated teacher. 

"I figured defeating a teacher was the quickest way to climb up the ranks." 

"I-I see..."

Clara was holding the stadiometer to measure his height. "Don't "I see" me!" He got into his face. "You didn't know what Yodh is? And you called yourself a demon?!"

A flash of gold and green lashed in between the two, and a large clunk was heard. She was holding nothing in her hand between the two before she turned to him with a beaming face, hands clapped together. "Now, Now. No need for such aggressiveness. We understand where you're coming from, but be a bit more patient." Sabnock was taken back by the force of the thing or whatever she used to separate them. He couldn't make out what she was holding and it was gone as fast as it appeared. "Huh? You want to fight?" 

Asmodeus stepped in front of them, protecting them as Kuro stood at her side, ready to intervene if any commotion got out of hand. "That's enough rudeness out of you, Sabnock." He said, coming in between them. 

"Ah, Asmodeus and Akumu. The top heads of the class. I heard you summoned a Gorgon Snake and Hellcat. as your familiars." He said. 

"Indeed, we did." He told him. 

"But I summoned a Kelbie! It has more legs than yours, and have a pair of wings not like yours, so I win!" He said with a smug attitude. 

Kuro rolled her eyes. "I'm not getting myself to argue with a delinquent as yourself. Legs or wing do not make up anything for a win."

"What kind of absurd reason is that?!" Asmodeus shouted with an agitated tone of voice. Clara was standing on the stool and measuring his tall figure. Iruma and Kuro just listened in without talking much. 

"Of course, the moment you two became the honor students' slaves, you were no longer qualified to be my rivals. Sorry about that." 

"Don't be arrogant because of our loyal predicament. We won't want it any other way. Besides—" She was cut of by Asmodeus. "Who even needs a title like that?! And we're not Iruma-sama's and Hayami-sama's slave. We are Iruma-sama's and Hayami-sama's friends!" 

"Eh?" Sabnock looked baffled by the new word he just heard from Asmodeu. Iruma was shaking a little from the claimed outburst which was true. Hayami didn't respond but only was amused by what was to come while Kuro nodded, agreeing with him. 

'Calling us friends so openly is so touching.' Hayami thought. 

"What's he talking about?"The blonde demon girl asked. "I've never heard of that word before."

"Yay, friends!" Clara said. 

Asmodeus lowly chuckled. "Then let me tell you."

"Er, you really don't have to say it so loud..." He told him.

However, Asmodeus let his proud entitlement outshine him and his words. HE wanted to show the word their superiors used to explain to him. "Friends spend time together, share each others pleasure and pain, and form a blood pact of their willingness to die for one another!" He was literally glowing so brightly while emphasizing on the meaning behind this new foreign word.He preached it to a whole new level. 

"H-He really dramatize that!"

"It's so bright! Overwhelming! It's too much!" Hayami covered her eyes to shield from the brightness. "I never felt this intensity before!" 

"Friends?" Sabnock covered his face as much as he can too. "And it's working?!" Iruma 

While everyone was talking, question and shouting, the door was opened to reveal Kalego. "Silence!" He blocked the incoming weapons with a purple magic shield. "I can hear you all the way outside. Can't you be more silent?" 

"Kalego-sensei!" Iruma looked at him as he brought the attention of most; if not all the students. 

"Are you in charge of this class, Eggie-sensei?!" Asked Clara.

"Yes, thanks to you. The other day, I was framed because of a certain somebody and, while I was absent, I was appointed this class's teacher." He glared down at the nervous Iruma who had his head down. 

'I can't look him in the eye...' He thought. 

"I'm calling the roll." The book magically appeared in his hand. "Agares Piecero." He yawned in response.

"Akumu Kuro." 

She stood up and bowed to sensei. "Yes, Sensei." 

"Asmodeus Alice."

He stood up with his head bow and hand to his chest. "Yes sir."

"Allocer Schnider." 

"I am a thinking need." He raised his hand. 

"Andro M. Jazz." 

"Here."

"X Elizabetta." 

"Here." She raised her hand.

"Valac Clara."

"I'm here, Eggie-sensei!" She waved her arms while wagging her tail. 

"Stop calling me that." He irritatingly said. "Caim Kamui. Are you not here, Caim Kamui?" 

"H-Here."

'Ah, he seems to be the type of a pervert.' Hayami took note of every student she was looking at who responded to their names. He already made an impression on her. 

"Garp Goemon."

"I am here." 

"Crocell Kerori."

"Here..." She raised her hand slowly. 

"Shax Lead." 

"Here, here, here!"

"Sabnock Sabro."

"Indeed!" 

"Purson Soi." 

The purple hair silent demon just looked out the window without saying a word.

'He must be the quiet type.' 

"Hayami." 

"Present please." She waved her hand in the air. 

"And Iruma. Now, let us begin class." 

"Here..."

"All of you outside, you idiotic troublemakers." He pressed the book on the desk then stood up. "We're going to determine your ranks." 

"Ranks?" Iruma blinked. 

"The first lesson is a race to the flag at the end of this valley." Everyone walked to the small house like tent in which it was their transportation. They came out and she immediately observed the surroundings of the new environment. Everywhere had mountains, terrains, covered with mist and what she can hear is peculiar creatures. Creatures seems to live on the brighter sky area than the other. She can instantly tell the other side looked more dangerous with the peaks and twisted paths. 

"Your ranks will be determined by the familiar-summoning exam conducted previously, along with this race. The goal is the flag that sits atop a heugh covered in mist far beyond this valley." he pointed out. 

Mayumi's violet eyes widened from the distance it was in the race. Despite how far it was, she was capable of seeing it very clearly. Her vision was perfect, too perfect may be added. 

"I will now explain the course." He said then the cute magical board appeared to demonstrate and explain this assignment. "I will now explain the course! It's a bit longer, but you can take the chill, relaxing route through Warbling valley(Saezuri Valley). And then there's the Cutthroat Valley course! There are lots of dangers and traps along the way! Beware of the countless mountains and and the demon birds that are trying to protect their nests! (Karakiri Valley)" The pink demon heart monitor said. 

"The Cutthroat Valley Course is shorter, but it's quite perilous." Asmodeus said. 

"Y-Yeah." Iruma answered. 

"Okay, then. Let's g—" Kalego stomped his foot on the guide book and walked over it. 

Everyone turned blank and white while staring at the board. "He still hates it."

"I figured he still hated that cute thing." 

"That's crude." She said. 

He cleared his throat to gather their attention back on him. "That's it for the explanation."

"The only way to get through this quickly is Cutthroat Valley!" 

"The only option this year is to go through Warbling Valley." Kalego stopped him which caught Sabro by surprise. "Hold it! Why?!"

"For some reason, the guardian of Cutthroat Valley has been moody lately." Kalego answered. 

"The guardian of Cutthroat Valley?" Iruma asked.

"An enormous magical beast that rules over Cutthroat Valley." Said Kalego.

"M-Magical beast?" Perplexed Iruma.

"That's why no one may enter it. We can't guarantee your safety if you run into it."

"I'm going through Cutthroat Valley. Otherwise, there's no point." he told him while Clara played with his tail and even munched on it. 

"Who cares?!" Kalego retorted. 

"Shouldn't you care, Kalego-sensei? All of us are your students." She raised her hand to interrupt him and he gave her a hard look. "Does it really matter? This is a race, do as you wish. I already gave warning, if idiots want to go through it so be it." 

The gates opened. "All of you get ready!" Everyone prompted to make their wings appear o fly. Hayami and Iruma looked around as the wings covered them. They knew they were in trouble. More like Iruma knew while Hayami already figured out what she could do. "We will now begin the flying race. Ready...go!" Everyone flew away, and with such speed that dust and the wind blocked the two teens view. "See ya!", "Just like a spring breeze." One of them said. "Here we go!" They were gone. 

Iruma rolled almost to the cliff and staggered to get his balance. "I-I won't... safe. Hayami-san?" he glanced around and noticed she wasn't there. "Where did she? Don't tell me — Eh?!" He flailed his hands as he was standing not on the surface anymore then he fell down in the unknown. "Get moving." Kalego had pushed him off the edge then left to go to the elevator tent transportation that took him straight to the finish line. 

He was genuinely surprised when he stepped out to see the white hair and violet eyes female standing with her hands on her hips. "Kalego-sensei, I guess I finish first it seems." She said, leaning on the fence with the innocent like smile plastered on her face. 

"You finished that quickly?" He couldn't believe his eyes. Not only did she made it but how fast did she travelled. Did she use some kind of magic? No. That can't be. He didn't see any magic works at will. 

The answer was simple for Mayumi. Back in the human world, her mom let her train and fought with virtual enemies who were extremely strong and fast. It was as if her mom knew this was going to happen and prepared her for the most with her talent in fighting. The odd thing about it was she give her helpful tips that was proven really useful, but she figured she watched the movies and it helped in many defeat of many. 

"I'll be back. Please excuse me." She bowed her head politely, leaning off then it looked as if she had disappeared in his line of sight. He was mildly shocked still but then he got amused by her. "You may. Come back as soon as possible so you may be ranked." He said even though she had already left. Normally, he would criticize and hate students for such rudeness, but he guessed he would give Mayumi a pass since she has proven herself. 

"Thank you." She appeared right before him again then left once again. He made a purple leaf like seat along with a vertical TV screen attached. A black small blub held a plate with Hell gray to Naberius. He took it and drink it as he switched it on to monitor the student movements. 

***

Demonitor 1/ Vision 1

Agares yawned and laid his head on the cloud. "So sleepy." 

"Crap. I forgot to save before the boss fight." Shax played with his video game console. 

 Caim spotted blue flowers and flew down to pick them up. He went closer to Ix and Crocell, holding out flowers for them. "Ahem. Ladies may i fly by your side?" 

"Are you hitting on us?" Ix asked. 

"Absolutely not! I just want to be squeezed under your beautiful, soft, plump triceps." 

"Wow, you're so honest." She commented with a closed eye smile and took the flower while Crocell looked very uncomfortable. 

"Would you say...my passion is safe?!" This seems like something from an 18+ movie. Elizabeth put the sole of her shoe on his face, knowing very well where this would be going. "It's out!" 

"You have 26.5 centimeter feet!" 

***

Hayami had her eyes closed while her third eye was glowing and showing her what was happening to her classmates. She was sitting down on her spear as it was going on. 'I was right. He is a pervert but also a gentleman. He probably would have a chance if it wasn't for that negative attribute.'

***

Demonitor 2/ Vision 2

Jazz swiped down to get an egg from the nest while the birds scattered. "Say, do you think demon bird eggs sell for a good price?" He questioned. 

"If you boil it, do so for 8 minutes." Schnider noted. "Add just a dash of salt." Soon, they were bombarded by the annoyed flock of birds who did not like the fact he stole their egg. 

***

"I'm surrounded by idiots. Please tell me at least one of you is decent! At least Hayami is a decent one from all of you." He grabbed the TV. 

***

Demonitor 3/ Vision 3

Hayami was surprised by the pink then black and purple trail speeding to avoid obstacles. Her vision magnified to see who they were. 'Azz-kun! Kuu-chan!'

They looked down to see that there were prickly cacti like plants with red flowers, pink sepal, blue polka dots and dark blue hue on the tips opened to attack them with glowing spikes. Both flew higher to avoid the attacks. 

"I guess we can't just avoid them." He murmured and she shook her head. "It seems they wont' let us go on our way. What should we do? maybe go and look another way—"

"Gorgon Snake!" He summoned his macaroon cream-coloured with purple details snake who opened its mouth to breathe out fire; it burnt the cacti and they all squeaked from their burns. 

Hayami shuddered, hearing them as they cried out from the overbearing pain made her feel like something inside her was breaking and snapping. "What's this?" She clenched her haori. 

lubb-dupp

lubb-dupp

'Not this again! This terrible feeling...!'

"Nice job, Alice." Kuro told him while he made the snake disappeared. "Well done." he told it then turned to her with a smile. "This is the only way through. Now we can pass through easily." He told her. 

"Wowie! One more time! One more time!" Asmodeus was looking around for the voice but Kuro pointed it out. "Clara?" 

"You... when did you?"

"Well, see, right at the start... I was already on your back and then..." She trailed off, not saying anything else. 

"Don't get bored of your own explanation!" Asmodeus scowled. Both spot a purple haze past them and looked at the speeding person. "Hey, Alice. Isn't that Sabnock? Where is he—"

"It is. Wait, that's the direction...don't tell me he's..."

"Azz-Azz! You're slowing down!" Kuro looked forward then stopped. "Alice—"

Asmodeus got tangled in the vines, dangling with Clara holding into him. "Azz-Azz, help! H'm tangled and can't get free! I'm stuck! I'm stuck, I'm stuck! Azz, do something! Kury-Kury!" 

Kuro moved to them. "Hey, stop moving around so much or else you will fall!" 

It was too late, the two fell down and she slapped her hand in her face. She swooped down to see if they were alright. 

***

The Demonitor 4 was asleep , but woken up when the speeding wind woke it up. "That way is dangerous! Danger! Intruder in Cutthroat Valley! Intruder in Cutthroat Valley!" 

"So Sabnock went that way, after all..." He stood up. "Every year, there's at least one idiot like you." Sabnock was flying in the large current of wind that forced him back before he continued. "Curses! This is how it should be! Cutthroat valley is treacherous, but much shorter!" He gripped onto a rock and perched himself before taking off. "And that is why everyone who dreams of being Demon King goes through Cutthroat Valley to earn their ranks. Who cares about some guardian?! I'll crush the beast myself! I will begin my military rule as Demon King from this valley!" He climbed the rock and went through a windy tunnel. 

"Well, if we're lucky, we'll be able to at least retrieve his arm or leg." He raised the clipboard where all the registered students are listed. "On the bright side....I don't mind having one less idiot to worry about." He swiped his hand to erase his name. 

What Sabnock did not know is that where he flew by, he woke up the guardian and it flew away, leaving its child there. "Come to think of it, where did the other idiot go?" He pressed the buttons on the remote but there was no response or signal from the TV. "The Demonitors must have lost him. Where is Hayami?"

He switched the monitor to spot her standing on a mountain and was not responding at all. She was calmly looking at the distance. "Hmm? Is she looking at something?" The monitor moved around but did not spot anything in particular. "Maybe it is nothing. Well, she finished the race so she can do whatever now." He switched the monitor off from her. 

Mayumi was indeed looking for something or rather someone who was Iruma. Iruma was being carried away by a large black bird. Hayami instantly saw him and jumped off the cliff, spreading her arms out and the haori was spread too like that of wings for her. 

Why was Iruma in this situation? After being thrown off the cliff, Iruma was caught by some rather curious demon crows as he was falling. After an intense battle, he's now being carried away. 'Wait... Humans are considered a delicacy in the netherworld. I hope it savors every last bite, at least...'  A loud screeched erupted and the crow dropped him. Hayami had pinpoint where he was dropping and rushed down to catch him. 

Meanwhile with Asmodeus, Akumu and Clara

"Azz-Azz...Azz-Azz, you know what? Azz-Azz, Kury-Kury thanks for everything. Don't forget about me, okay, Azz-Azz?" She was slwoly being swallowed by the plant while Asmodeus was trying to get her hand off his clothes. Kuro was not paying much mind to Clara and was staring at the scenery too. "Come on, we have to go. We can't be left behind." She told them

"Let go of me!" He created a flaming sword construct and slashed at the plant, twirling the sword in his hand then let it disappear. "I'm back, Azz-Azz and Kury-Kury."

"Iruma-sama and Hayami-sama hasn't arrived yet? Should we go fetch them? If that what these "friends" that they referred too?" 

"I think we should." Kuro abruptly said. "We should have complete fate in them. Besides, I saw a person sped through before and I recognize the white from a certain person. Hair so white and beautiful like that of snow." She was very much referring to Hayami. 

"I wouldn't be surprised if they have already made it to the goal. Do you think he might've gone through Cutthroat Valley just like Sabnock?" He knew that this means Hayami must have taken the path they went through if she spotted her a while ago. He didn't even notice the female had sped off that quickly. She patted his shoulder when he came closer to her. 

"Dear, cousin, do not threat. Iruma-sama has more sense than that to do such thing. if he actually does and make it, he is absolutely the example we should follow." She told him. 

"Let's reain our composure and go, Azz-Azz and Kury-kury!"

"Get off me!" Said the irked Asmodeus. 

Meanwhile with Iruma and Hayami

Before Iruma could hit the ground, he was on the golden pointed spear. "Iruma-kun! are you okay?" She asked with slight worry on her face as she floated just beside him and placed her left hand on her hip. 

"Uh, I'm fine. Thank you." He got off it and she took the spear in her hand. He looked around the nest and saw something on there. "What's this?" He picked up a skeleton head of a creature. He realized what it was then instantly dropped it with a panic. 

"A skeleton—" She stopped speaking when she felt a presence then a shadow loomed over the humans. 'This is Cutthroat Valley. That means...' She had confirmed her suspicions. Both of them looked behind and saw a the giant cream colour and purple bird staring intensely down at them. 

'I'm finished.' He thought.

The bird screeched and Iruma backed away, covering himself with his arm. "He's gonna eat me!" 

"No, he won't." He uncovered his eyes and noticed her opening her arms out to the bird with a soft and calming smile. To add with it were her softened eyes. "It's okay, we won't harm you." She said as the bird stared down, feeling threatened but somehow calmed down when looking at her more. The bird closed its eyes right after. The bird lowered himself down then she lightly touched its beak. "There, there, feel better around us now?" She asked with a small bird coo herself then hugged its beak. He also responded with a small coo then a soft whine added. 

She understood what the bird was saying. "Ah, I see. He's not trying to eat us, but he is merely injured." She said, still touching his beak lightly. 

He perplexingly sat up straight before standing up carefully. "Really? You understand what he is saying" 

She nodded. "May we see your injury?" 

She let go of his beak then it stood up on one leg to show the injury on the other which he hid behind the better leg. "Oh, that is..." Iruma pointed at his leg then the bird screeched once more.

"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!" He clasped his hands to his face. 

"He's hurt and scared. We want to help you." She calmed it down slowly again by patting it against the natural direction of its feathers. "I wonder what or who injured you." 

"I think I know what to do." He looked and saw the spear that she left beside him. He picked up her spear which shocked  her a little. The spear reacted with its glowing around it. "Huh?" Both of them were confused and so was the bird. 

Iruma cut the back of his hand which surprised the two of them then she realized what he was going to do. 'Great idea, Iruma-kun. The bird would surely appreciate that.' 

He took a white cloth out and tied it around his hand. "So...I want to do this to you. Can I?" She stopped petting its feathers while the bird got up to look at him then his injury, and back at him. It outstretched its leg. 

"You are very precious. Thank you for letting him do this." She praised him. He cooed in response, very much liking the compliments from her. She could easily heal it with her powers too, but she knew that Iruma should take control. He was very much capable with his immense kindness and willingness to help the creature. She also wants the creature to be grateful to him. "Thank you! Just a second, okay?" I'll rip off part of my clothes and..." A drip of blood dropped into the bird's wound and it instantly healed. 

"Wow." She baffled, amazed that it was healed just like that. 

"huh? It's all better! Huh? But how? Wow. It really is all better." The bird checked its leg. Both had similar thoughts. 'So humans in the netherworld have powers like this...But if a bit of blood did that...Maybe humans are even more valuable here than I thought.' 

'Human blood has this power here in the Netherworld? This is why it must be precious to demons. Maybe there is more to human blood for them than just this healing property.' 

The bird cooed happily and spread its wings then looked down at them. "He said he feels so much better now." She told him. Iruma gave a cheerful smile. "I'm so happy for you!
 He froze when he saw his smile that looked so sweet. He bent down and nuzzled its beak on him as he did not respond at first then laughed, hugging his beak too. "We're gonna live?"

"As I said, he is not going to eat us." She reminded him then the bird lifted him up by the collar of his shirt and thrown him on his back. "It seems like he wants to give us a ride as gratitude for helping him." She said. The bird nodded to her answer. "Oh," he said. 

The bird looked down at her and was going to do the same. She took her spear up and let it throw her on his back too, but she almost ended up slipping down but he caught her hand quickly in reflex. "Thank you." She said with a smile. He smiled in return. He pulled her up to him and her spear turned back into the leaf adornment for her hair. She placed it to the right side of her head to make a side ponytail. The bird flew away. 

Meanwhile, with Sabnock, he blocked the attack from the guardian which made him crashed into a boulder and fell to his hands and knees. He lifted himself up. "S-So this is... the guardian of Cutthroat Valley!" The black creature roared. "Curses. Before I even become the Demon King...I may die!" 

Interval

"I will take the throne as Demon King!" Sabnock crossed his arms with a smirk while his tail moved up and down. Clara saw it and tried to catch it, playing around like a cat. It surely captured her attention. 

"She's still going at it..." Said Shax. 

"Iruma-sama! Let's make something similar to that! That'll finally shut the moron up!" Asmodeus said. 

"S-She looks like she's having fun." Said Iruma.

"I agree. Hmm, what else can gather her attention?" Hayami wondered aloud.

"Anything can catch her attention as long as it seems captivating," Kuro said. 

(Sorry for not publishing this earlier. I was caught up in my work but I can update a little more now. Hope you enjoy this chapter! Thank you for reading, give a vote and a comment if you liked it. I also want to hear your thoughts too or any questions. Bye)

Trivia

The classes that are being talked about for the Demon God are:

*E class (ke)

*D class (nin)

*C Class (ka)

*B Class (ryō) 

*A class (yū)

*S class (shū)

*SS class (sashi)

This comes from the grading system in mainly Japan. It is currently unknown if any video game has SS. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

14.2M 80.9K 9
Only sample chps. Annabelle finds out that she is not the real daughter of the Alpha at her werewolf pack. As the world she knows comes collapsing d...
17.1K 556 30
In an alternate universe where Iruma is half demon, half human. His terrible "parents" aren't his true family, and neither of his true human or demon...
82.6K 2.1K 26
Fourteen-year-old Iruma has been unfortunate all his life. However never did he gave up to reveal his secret. No one was after all alowed to know it...
94K 5.3K 32
Have you ever thought that the Forest can Call anyone? or even you? What would it be like to be called by the Forest? Will it be Creepy? Interesting...