Danganronpa: Sixteen Despairs...

By Rekrah_

Good day everyone! I, Monokuma, am back for another killing game! It's Christmas time and everyone's READY to... More

Prologue
C.1 - Followers: Daily School Life
C.1 - Followers: Deadly School Life
C.2 - Two's Company: Daily School Life
C.5 - Two's Company: Deadly School Life
C.3 - Transformation: Daily School Life
C.3 - Transformation: Deadly School Life
C.4 - Accidents Happen: Daily School Life
C.4 - Accidents Happen: Deadly School Life
C.5 - The Grand 'Finale': Daily School Life
C.5 - The Grand 'Finale': Deadly School Life
Epilogue

C.6 - Merry Christmas: Deadly School Life

2 1 0
By Rekrah_

It's been a week since Yoshinori.

Date: 25th December, Christmas Day.

This whole week has dragged on. I exchanged a few words with Satoko but Ume isolated herself completely. It's been dark, quiet and... scary. Having sixteen people drop to three really fucking messes with you. And I've been thinking... about myself... Maybe I am the Leader of Despair...

No. It's Ume... or Satoko. It's gotta be. We're supposed to go see Shikha's ghost today. She's gonna end this, tell us who the Mastermind is so we can expose them.

-

Monokuma Monitor

Please gather in the cafeteria! I have Christmas presents! ... Get here in three minutes or die.

-

Ugh...

-

I walked into the cafeteria, Satoko was already there.

-

Satoko Nani

Hey.... Merry Christmas!

Gasho Ena

You too, Satoko.

-

Ume arrived. She looks awful, her face is much thinner.

-

Satoko Nani

Ume... have you been eating anything?

Ume Toyo

B-Bits and pieces. Threw up a lot this week.

Satoko Nani

W-Why? Are you okay?

Ume Toyo

I just don't feel right, okay? E-End of story.

Gasho Ena

You still planning on killing me?

Satoko Nani

Gasho!

Gasho Ena

What? Don't I have the right to be scared of that?

Ume Toyo

I'm not planning on it. I'm counting on it.

Satoko Nani

Ume...

Ume Toyo

No, Satoko. He's the reason we're here. We have to put an end to that.

Monokuma

Good morning! Good morning! I have your Christmas presents! But first! I want you to place down you're Secret Santa gifts!

Gasho Ena

My guy is dead.

Monokuma

DOESN'T MATTER! PLACE IT DOWN!

-

I placed down a piece of paper with the word 'Sorry' on it.

-

Monokuma

Pathetic...

-

Satoko placed down a rolled up poster for one of Yoshinori's movies, Ume gave Satoko a bouquet of flowers.

-

Satoko Nani

You got me? Thank you...

Monokuma

Now! YOUR Christmas presents. These will also act as your MOTIVE!

Gasho Ena

Oh fuck off! There's only three of us!

Monokuma

Don't care! These Christmas presents are from SPONSORS! One of you will be receiving a gift from Taneki, whilst the other two will receive a gift from members of Ultimate Despair!

-

We all split up to see our gift in private. I opened my box and... A GUN?! I-It's got ammo! This must be from Ultimate Despair... or Taneki wants me to protect myself. Fuck. WHY A GUN?

Suddenly, I heard Ume shout from another room.

-

Ume Toyo

FUCK THIS! I'M SICK OF THIS SHIT!

-

I wonder what she got...

Okay, it's time to see Shikha.

I walked to the exact spot we saw her last, Satoko was already there waiting.

-

Gasho Ena

Think we should get Ume?

Satoko Nani

Nah. She seems upset.

Gasho Ena

What do you think she got?

Satoko Nani

Uh... I saw what she got. She threw it out of the room... It was a vibrator.

Gasho Ena

Oh... What did you get?

Satoko Nani

Didn't open mine. It's a motive, so why would I?

Gasho Ena

Shit, didn't think of that.

Satoko Nani

What did you get? W-Wait, what's that in your pocket?

Gasho Ena

A gun... I got a gun.

Ghost Shikha Yubi

good morning, friends uwu

Satoko Nani

Shikha!

Ghost Shikha Yubi

its good to see you again... i saw what happened to shishu, akihiro and yoshinori. im sorry.

Gasho Ena

What do you want to tell us?

Ghost Shikha Yubi

i think you've heard this term before, gasho. 'practice makes perfect', thats all my power will tell me. think about that. you can do this. i know you can. every person has a story, gasho, lets finally end this one.

-

Practice makes perfect.

Practice... Practice... Practitioner.

Practitioner.

P-Practitioner, WITCHCRAFT PRACTITIONER.

-

Gasho Ena

LUCINI-

Ume Toyo

GASHO!

-

I turned around, Ume had Satoko's sponsor present in her hand. She took out a knife from it.

-

Ume Toyo

'From Taneki', it says.

Ghost Shikha Yubi

ume, i sense a violent presence within you...

Ume Toyo

Sh-Shikha?

Ghost Shikha Yubi

dont make the same mistakes as gasho.

Gasho Ena

What?

Ume Toyo

Follow me, Gasho.

-

Ume ran off downstairs, to the arcade.

-

Satoko Nani

Do not follow her, Gasho.

Gasho Ena

I gotta end this, Satoko!

Satoko Nani

Gasho. I love you. I platonically love you so much. Don't do this, please. Let's get out of here, together!

Gasho Ena

I'm sorry, Satoko. I'm going.

Satoko Nani

... Fine.

Gasho Ena

I platonically love you too. We will get out together.

-

Satoko hugged me.

Okay.

Time to confront Ume.

I walked downstairs. The arcade lights were off. Couldn't see a thing. I pulled out my gun.

-

Gasho Ena

Ume, turn the lights back on and come out. Let's talk about this.

Ume Toyo

I heard you have a gun. That true?

-

I can't tell where her voice is coming from...

-

Gasho Ena

Yes.... But it's just a precaution. I'll only shoot if I really have to.

Ume Toyo

Satoko told you what I got, right? A vibrator. A fucking vibrator. I know I'm sexual like nine out of ten times, but this is ridiculous. I had a lot of alone time this week, and got the opportunity to think about some things. And now I realise that I only became like this because I was treated like a fucking object my whole life! I guess I kinda just got used to it. I guess I thought it was normal. So I started using it as a personality. Even as a kid. My teachers. My classmates. Everyone. Everyone touched me, used me. It's all I had growing up. And now I realise how FUCKED UP that was! And now I get a vibrator? JUST TO SHOVE IT IN MY FUCKING FACE THAT I'M JUST A FUCKING OBJECT? WHAT DID THEY EXPECT ME TO DO? PUT ON A LIVE CAMSHOW FOR BILLIONS?

Gasho Ena

Ume, show yourself. I can't imagine how horrible that is, but let's talk this through.

Ume Toyo

FUCK YOU GASHO! YOU'RE NO DIFFERENT! THE WAY YOU SPIED ON REI! THE WAY YOU CRUSHED MOKUZAI'S FEELINGS!

-

I heard rapid footsteps get closer to me as a knife sliced my arm, Ume got away.

-

Gasho Ena

AGH! THE FUCK, UME? SHOW YOURSELF!

Ume Toyo

I've shown WAY TOO MUCH OF MYSELF ALREADY. I'M GONNA KILL YOU, GASHO! I'M GONNA KILL YOU AND THEN KILL DESPAIR!

-

The lights turned on. I was next to the dart board, where I killed Kenji. I turned around as Ume charged at me with the knife. She pushed me to the ground as I dropped the gun. She had me pinned down with the knife coming straight towards my face. I grabbed the handle of the knife and tried to push it back up.

-

Gasho Ena

D-DROP THE KNIFE, UME!

Ume Toyo

F-FUCK YOU!

-

I quickly moved my head to the right and let go of the knife. It stabbed the ground just beside my head, cutting part of my ear. I punched her face, got up and kicked her.

Fuck, I kicked her next to the-

-

BANG

-

I grabbed my side in pain and fell to my knees. Ume aimed the gun at my head, she began to speak, out of breath

-

Ume Toyo

A-Anything to say, psycho?

-

I... hate to say-say it but... I need your help right now.

???

Hahaha! I've waited for this moment! LET'S MERGE! Temporarily, of course.

Huh???

-

Gasho Ena???

Ooooh Ume, Ume, Ume. UME, UME, UME, UME! HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

Ume Toyo

The fuck has gotten into you?

Gasho Ena???

Oh it feels so good to speak. Ume, I've observed you for so long. I'M THE VOICE INSIDE GASHO'S HEAD! HIIII!

Ume Toyo

Must be the loss of blood.

Gasho Ena???

Have I told you how much I want to fuck you?

Ume Toyo

Really? You're gonna taunt me now? With a gun to your head?

Gasho Ena???

Oh, Ume. You're gonna learn.

Ume Toyo

Learn what?

Gasho Ena???

You can't kill Despair.

-

We punched her in the stomach and grabbed the gun. The tables have turned. We un-merged.

-

Gasho Ena

I-I... Ume. It's me again.

Ume Toyo

So, not the voice? You crazy fucking bitch. FUCK!

Gasho Ena

Anything you wanna say?

Ume Toyo

Yeah, actually. Suck my fucking titti-

-

BANG

-

Ume... she's dead.

???

Nice, you're on a roll!

-

Gasho Ena

MONOKUMA!

Monokuma

Yeeeees?

Gasho Ena

Was... Was Ume the Leader of Despair?

Monokuma

NOPE! Good kill tho! BYEBYEEEE!

-

No. NO FUCK THIS. NO! FUCK.

Satoko.

???

Satoko.

Satoko.

???

Satoko.

I walked back upstairs.

-

Satoko Nani

Finally! I heard gunshots, what happened?

Gasho Ena

She had the upper hand on me for a while but... yeah.

Satoko Nani

Oh... So it's over?

Gasho Ena

No... The Leader of Despair is one of us.

Satoko Nani

Oh.

Gasho Ena

Yeah.

Satoko Nani

Gasho. I don't wanna die. It could be me. I don't want it to be me though. And I don't want it to be you either. Can't we just live in this hotel together? Who cares if Monokuma kills us? It's better than dying to each other! Let's just live the rest of our lives as best friends!

Gasho Ena

Okay.... Okay. Hold on a sec, I need to patch my leg up. Do you mind turning around?

Satoko Nani

Y-Yeah, of course.

-

Satoko turned around so she couldn't see me. I aimed the gun at the back of her head.

-

Gasho Ena

Hey Satoko, tell me about your favourite couple you saw from your experience as the Ultimate Matchmaker.

Satoko Nani

Oh it was great, Gasho! You shoulda seen it! The smile on both their faces. They were so cute together. That's what I loved about my job. Seeing people become happy, seeing people-

-

BANG

-

Satoko's body fell to the ground.

I burst out crying.

-

Monokuma

CONGRATUUUUUUULATIONS! GASHO ENA, THE ULTIMATE REPORTER, IS THE WINNER OF THIS KILLING GAME. AND I, I AM-

-

The Monokuma disappeared as a woman teleported inside.

-

Mastermind

I AM LUCINIA, THE ULTIMATE WITCH, THE WITCH WHO PRACTICED SO LONG TO MASTER HER POWER! MY BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT BEING THE POWER TO REMOVE ONE'S MEMORY!

Gasho Ena

...

Lucinia

I'll say that again. I AM LUCINIA, THE ULTIMATE WITCH!

Gasho Ena

Was Satoko the Leader of Despair?

Lucinia

Here... Have your memory back.

-

&&%^$&*("

I can feel that voice in my head vanishing.

The reason I survived my game is because... I created it.

Hah.

HAHAHAHAHA!

IT'S ME! GASHO ENA, THE LEADER OF ULTIMATE DESPAIR! HAHAAAAA!

-

Gasho Ena

HAHAHAHA! AHHHHHH! The fuck! I feel both Despair and Hope! At the same time! Ironically I'm black and white! One on side all I feel is Despair, the need to kill and torture but on the other side I can feel what I just went through. I can feel the pain of losing Satoko and everyone else. WHAT THE FUCK. THIS ISN'T RIGHT!

Lucinia

Oh, how amazing.

Gasho Ena

You've ruined me. BUT ONE SIDE OF ME DOESN'T CARE! HAHAHA! OH LUCINIA! Oh, I was the one who told Den to host that killing game! I was the one that told Den to get close to you! Awww, I'm sorry for breaking your poor wittle heart. Hisoka too. Ah what a couple idiots. Loved 'em. I miss Den's screams.

Lucinia

Haha, screw you.

Gasho Ena

Lucinia. You would have made a great Leader of Despair.

Lucinia

I'm not Ultimate Despair. I'm the Ultimate Witch.

Gasho Ena

Psh, okay.

-

The walls blocking us from Taneki finally raised.

-

Taneki

Gasho, Lucinia.

Gasho Ena

HAHHAA! TANEKI! ISAMU! Hiiiii!

Isamu

Fuckin' freak.

Gasho Ena

That's not very nice.... AHHHHH, I feel so much pain right now. I DIDN'T WANT TO KILL! Wait, yes I did. Wait, NO I DIDN'T. FUCK THIS!

Taneki

We're taking you in to try figure out how to stop Ultimate Despair. We should never have brought you in. And Lucinia, I'm so disappointed in you.

Lucinia

Now you feel that betrayal. The betrayal of Den. The sadness of Talia. You get it now, right?

Taneki

I always understood it, Lucinia. Ellenore was my best friend.

Lucinia

No. It wasn't just you anyways. I needed to conquer. And conquer I did.

Isamu

What do you mean?

Lucinia

Oh let's not spoil the surprise for Gasho.

Gasho Ena

Oooo, I like surprises!

-

Lucinia took me, Taneki and Isamu outside, on the edge of a cliff. We were looking out onto an ocean of Ultimate Despair. They were all chanting Lucinia's name.

-

Gasho Ena

What? THOSE ARE MY PEOPLE. NOT YOURS!

Lucinia

They're mine now, Gasho. I beat you at your own game. I'm the Leader of Despair now.

-

I stood at the edge of the cliff, they hated me.

The hope in me is glad they hate me. The despair isn't.

-

Gasho Ena

Taneki. I really didn't want to kill Satoko. Or anyone. During that game, I was sane. And I'm sorry. HAHAHAHAHA! PUHU!

Taneki

... Rot in hell.

Lucinia

That he shall do.

Gasho Ena

Excuse me?

-

Lucinia kicked me.

I fell off the cliff.

It feels like slow motion.

I'm gently falling to my death.

Who knew my life would end like this.

Falling into the ocean of Despair.

Drowning in my own people

I'm sorry Shikha.

I'm sorry Hiroki.

I'm sorry Rei.

I'm sorry Mokuzai.

I'm sorry Tama.

I'm sorry Kenji.

I'm sorry Tori.

I'm sorry Torena.

I'm sorry Azami.

I'm sorry Shishu.

I'm sorry Akihiro.

I'm sorry Yoshinori.

I'm sorry Ume.

.... I'm sorry Satoko.

Kokuren. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN, HAHAHAHAHAHA!

-

SPLAT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 48 48
Akira Inoue and 15 other students, who are ultimate students, go to a school known as Hope's Peak Academy. But, they don't know it is going to be a k...
4K 433 56
Sachi Yayo is a girl that got into Hope's Peak Academy as the Ultimate Fanart Designer. The school had just been opened back up to the public a year...
280 27 18
Hello! I'm Monokuma! And as you know....or dont...here at Hopes Peek High, we only take the best! Normally we would have 16 students, but this year w...
53 0 14
A book about 8th grade students who have to endure the game of danganronpa at a much younger age than anyone else. Olivia Stock - Ultimate Detective...