Why Can't You Love Me? || Tim...

By Pauline_Writing

Julie Gordon lives in New York with her mother and father. On a daily basis, she works at a bakery together w... More

Disclaimer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chpater 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 11

13.6K 326 657
By Pauline_Writing

If you haven't watched Little Women, there is a spoiler in this chapter!

-

Chapter 11

I looked at him as if he were stupid because judging by appearance, I had been quite into the movie, to say the least. "I think my face speaks for it," I muttered, looking away from him.

He laughed, sitting down on the couch beside me. "Well, I admit that it's hard not to get emotional while watching it," he said, giving me a reassuring smile.

I let out a groan, burying my face in my hands. "I can't believe you didn't even care how sad Jo was when you told her you'd married Amy. Like, she was so heartbroken and you didn't give a damn even if you told her she was the love of your life," I said in frustration.

His lips twitched at my words. "First off, it wasn't me, it was Laurie. And if I had written the movie script, things would've ended differently too."

I pouted my lips. "But it's so sad. The story builds up Laurie and Jo's relationship so much, and then he goes and marries her sister? It doesn't make sense, and what kind of shitty destiny is that?"

Chuckling lightly, he reached out to wrap an arm around my shoulders. My body instantly froze by his touch. What was he doing? He was sitting way too close for my heart to beat normally and for me not to freak out inside. I could feel his body heat through all of our clothes, that was how close he was. It surprised me that he didn't mention anything about my reaction because, inside me, I was both exploding and hyperventilating.

"It is a shitty destiny, I agree, but that's what I think is the charm with the movie. Everything doesn't always go as planned, and sometimes things you don't expect happen."

I could feel an electric shock go through my heart by his words. Was he still talking about the movie or something else? When I turned to glance at the side of his face, he was looking at a spot across the room with a small smile on his face. Judging by that, I decided it was a question only he could answer. I should probably not get my hopes up for nothing, though. Besides, what I felt for him was only an attraction.

Shaking the thoughts out of my mind, I leaned my head on his shoulder. "I'm getting tired, Tim."

"Yeah, we should probably head home. It's getting late," he agreed, unwrapping his arm from around me.

The second he wasn't touching me anymore, I instantly felt the loss. It was like a feeling you enjoyed so much that you never wanted it to end, but it needed to, unfortunately. We walked out of the cinema, and I was thankful that there weren't any people out here now either. They were probably satisfied with what they got while I was waiting for Timmy earlier.

We got into his car, and he pulled out of the parking lot. This time, he turned on the radio at a low volume, much to my satisfaction. My head was starting to hurt from how tired I was getting and I was sure loud music would not help with that.

We chatted the entire way to the house until it was time for us to head inside. I walked ahead of him while he locked the car and made sure we hadn't forgotten anything.

The second I was inside, I took off my jacket and slipped off my shoes before going into the kitchen were mom and Nicole were sitting, chatting after eating dinner it seemed, judging by the empty plates in front of them.

"Hi, sweetheart. How was the movie?" Mom wondered, leaning over to stroke my hair once I had sat down in the seat beside her.

"Timmy made me watch Little Women. That's why my face is a disaster right now," I chuckled while shaking my head.

"You're beautiful, sunshine," mom assured me. "Where is Timmy, though?"

As if on cue, the front door slammed shut, and a few seconds later, he joined us in the kitchen. "Hey, guys," he greeted, sitting down beside his mom.

"You made Julie watch one of your own movies?" Nicole asked in amusement.

Timmy nodded his head with a smug look on his face. "Yep, and she definitely enjoyed it."

I snorted, running a hand over my red-stained face. "By enjoyed you mean crying my fricking eyes out, then yes, I enjoyed it very much."

He rolled his eyes. "The crying part means that you loved it. Besides, you were so into it that you got frustrated and blamed me for the decisions my character made in the movie."

I pouted my lips. "Fine. I love that movie, but I still think the ending is bad. Laurie and Jo were supposed to end up together," I huffed.

"I take this as if you had a good night together, eh?" Nicole intervened, looking between the two of us.

"It could've been worse," I shrugged, doing my best to hide the fact that I enjoyed the night very much.

"Yeah, I mean, I could've spent it with someone else and it would've been better," Timmy continued, his eyes boring into mine.

Was this some kind of staring game or what was it? Either way, I found myself looking back at him with as much intensity I could muster. From the corner of my eyes, I could see how mom and Nicole looked at us as if we were acting like two three-year-olds. We probably were too, but I wasn't going to be the first one to give in.

"Go to bed, both of you. You are obviously too tired to even think straight," Nicole reasoned, shaking her head in amusement.

Letting out a defeated sigh, I looked away from him because I knew she was right. What were we even doing?

Timmy didn't even celebrate his victory, which I took as a sign that he was thinking the same way I did. We didn't say anything else before getting up from our seats.

"Good night," we said in unison as we left the kitchen and walked upstairs to our separate rooms.

Before he walked into his, though, he halted in his step and turned to look at me. "Honestly, I am happy you came with me tonight, Julie. I wouldn't have exchanged you with anyone."

Yes, you would, I wanted to tell him. Lily would always be his number one.

I cracked a smile, though, because even if he didn't really mean it, the words meant a lot to me. At least he did enjoy my company. "And I'm glad you brought me with you because I really enjoyed it," I told him truthfully.

After saying goodnight to one another, we entered our separate rooms and shut the doors behind us.

-

The next day, I woke up early to go to work. I didn't feel rested at all, but I didn't have a choice. Work was calling, and it was my duty to go there. So, it was with a heavy sigh I got out of bed and started getting ready for the day.

Honestly, I didn't expect Timmy to join me at breakfast this morning considering we had both been so tired yesterday. I figured he would sleep in today because of that. So, I would lie if I said I wasn't surprised when I heard someone walking down the stairs when I was pouring milk in my bowl of cereal.

A second later, Timmy joined me in the kitchen in a black hoody and a pair of grey sweatpants. His hair was a mess, just like it always was in the mornings, but as usual, he still looked as gorgeous as ever.

"Morning," he yawned, stretching his arms above his head.

"Good morning," I said, grabbing a spoon from one of the drawers before sitting down at the table.

He sat down in front of me and leaned down to rest his head against the table. I couldn't help but smile at that. "You tired?" I wondered, making him look up at me sleepily.

"Yes," he groaned. "It feels like I haven't slept at all."

I chuckled. "Honesty, I feel the same. I wish I didn't need to go to work today," I sighed.

"I feel sorry for you," he said honestly. "I'm probably going to lay on the couch the entire morning until I decide to get my shit together."

I wished I could do the same thing. I would do anything to stay home today, but unfortunately, I was not that lucky.

After I was finished eating, I placed my empty bowl in the sink before walking upstairs to brush my teeth. When I got back down again, I could hear that the TV was on in the living room. Walking in there, I noticed that Timmy was splayed out on the couch with his head resting on one of the decorative pillows. His eyes were almost closed, but when I entered the room, he looked up at me.

"Hey, I was thinking of inviting Lily over for dinner tonight. I thought I should tell you, so it won't be a surprise when you come home later," he informed me.

Was it possible to hear your own heart break? Because I think that was exactly what I did when I heard that sentence. I mean, I knew they were together and all, but I didn't expect that I would have to meet her.

"Oh, alright. How fun," I said, plastering a smile on my face.

He flashed me a genuine smile in return before turning back to the television. "Have fun at work," he said when I turned around to leave for the hall.

"Thank you," I replied monotonously.

Half a minute later, I was in mom's car, driving to work. During the entire way there, I was lost in my thoughts, and I had no music on or anything. I couldn't stop thinking about how the night would end, how I was going to feel when I witnessed Timmy giving Lily all his attention without even acknowledging me. I wanted to shake the image out of my head, but it was impossible.

When I entered the bakery and had changed into my working clothes, I joined Dylan behind the counter. He was placing the pastries and sweets in the glass window so the customers could see them when they entered. The second I showed up, though, he turned to look my way.

"Good morning, Jules," he greeted, flashing me a knowing smile.

He would always look at me that way nowadays for some reason. It was like he knew something but didn't say it. "Morning," I yawned.

"Oh, someone's sleepy?" He asked.

"Yeah," I said, nodding my head. "I was out watching a movie with Timmy last night, and we weren't home until late."

His eyes widened. "You were out watching a movie together? As in, you were on a date together?" He gasped.

I shook my head vigorously. "No! No, of course we weren't. He's dating Lily, remember? We were out as friends, Dyl. You know, that's a thing too," I explained, rolling my eyes.

He snorted. "Yeah, whatever you say, girl."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Shut up. It would be the same thing if you and I were out together."

He looked at me for a second, thinking of what I had just said. "It's not really, considering I'm not attracted to girls, but I get your point. How was it then?" He wondered, his eyes glistening with curiosity.

My face broke out in a smile because after thinking over what happened last night, I enjoyed it very much. Being in Timmy's presence was always nice, and yesterday had not failed to succeed even if both of us got pretty tired at the end.

I told him what I thought of the night and also the fact that Timmy had made me watch Little Women. Dylan laughed at that and told me he thought it was an excellent idea of him. I also mentioned that I had cried and blamed Timmy for the fact that Laurie and Jo didn't end up together, and honestly, Dylan needed to support himself on the wall not to fall to the floor in laughter when I said that.

We continued chatting during the entire day, and it wasn't until it was only ten minutes left of my shift that someone familiar entered the bakery. I didn't notice it at first, but when Dylan nudged me in the side, I looked up again. It was the same guy who had bought a coffee and blueberry muffin a few weeks ago. What was his name again? Adrian? Alex? No, Aden!

The second our gazes met, his entire face lit up. "Oh, it's you. I was hoping to see you again," he said enthusiastically

This guy was not very subtle with his flirting, but I actually didn't mind it. If anything, I found it flattering. His blonde curls reminded me of someone else, though, but I quickly told myself not to think of that person.

"Aden, isn't it?" I asked him, giving him a smile in return.

His eyes widened. "You remember?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I remember how rude I was for not telling you my name in return last time," I chuckled, tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

He joined my laughter. "I honestly thought you weren't interested because of that."

It wasn't that I hadn't been interested, I just didn't feel any spark, which probably wasn't surprising after just meeting him for a couple of minutes. "You shouldn't judge people so fast," I winked.

After that, Aden and I talked for the last ten minutes of my shift. It even went on for so long that Dylan had to interfere and tell me my shift had ended. So, I told Aden that it was nice to meet him and that I would like to see him again sometime.

In return to that, he asked for my number, and I gave it to him. Then, he turned around and exited the bakery, but not before saying one last goodbye to me.

The second he was gone, Dylan turned to me with widened eyes. "What the hell did I just witness? Julie interacting with an unknown guy?" He gasped, making me chuckle.

"I'm not that introverted," I said, rolling my eyes.

"No, but I haven't seen this in ages. When did you decide you're looking for a relationship?"

I shook my head. "This does not mean I'm looking for a relationship, Dyl. I just thought he was being nice, and he was obviously flirting, so I didn't see any harm in talking to him," I shrugged.

He rolled his eyes. "Fine. Just tell me if things escalate between the two of you."

"I promise, Dyl."

-

Alright, Aden is back! Did you expect him to return to the story after that first meeting?

What do you think is going to happen when Julie meets Lily?

I just want to say that I'm so so so thankful that you're reading this story and are voting/commenting. It means A LOT to me <3

Pauline .xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 3.3K 49
'Timothée Chalamet spotted getting groceries with his new lover' Normally Andy couldn't care less for the celebrity rumours on her Twitter timeline...
161K 2.2K 23
imagines with and only timothée chalamet for some free serotonin !these are unedited! ( i am no longer writing or editing this book) enjoy!♡ [fem!re...
543K 15.8K 53
Belle left two long years ago to learn the ways of France with her Uncle. Upon return to the Lawrence household, in which she grew up in due to her p...
69.3K 1.4K 53
Timothée Chalamet Fanfic- real life, no social media (it's a story lol), slow burn, friends to lovers I kind of of think that I might be his type 'Ca...