Haunted

By hemmosunshine

The second I spotted her in the back of the classroom I knew there was something special about her. Little d... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77

Chapter 68

2.5K 129 36
By hemmosunshine

Songs for this chapter

I wish you would - Taylor Swift

Me And My Broken Heart - Rixton

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They're back together?! Why the fuck could she forgive him but not me?!

I'm currently lying in my bed, still not over what I've heard earlier. Brian isn't even her type! Is he?

Why did she run back to him? He nearly raped her! All I did was plan on lying to her but she can't forgive me?

Maybe she just loves him more than you, Luke.

The thought hurts like hell but it's probably true, even though I don't get how anyone could love an asshole like him.

A small part of me still hopes that she doesn't even have feelings for him, she never said that after all, did she?

I just hope she'll leave him before he can hurt her. Now I even need to worry about him physically hurting her. But what can I do? Nothing.

All I can do is wait for that idiot to hurt the girl I love.

***

"Just call me back, please!", I end the call.

This must've been like the hundredth message I left in Ariana's voicemail but I really need to talk to her. I know she told me to not call her but someone has to warn her!

Why didn't she notice how bad Brian is yet? This is driving me crazy!

Before I can stop myself I'm already calling her again.

"Ariana, please! I don't want you to get hurt, he's not good for you! Just call me back, I beg you.. I love you."

Damn, I said it. I didn't wanna tell her that I love her, she hates when I say that. It always makes the situation worse.

Why can't she pick up? I just wanna protect her! He's dangerous, the way he acted yesterday was really scary.

Maybe I should go to her place. Would that help? Well, actually it wouldn't.

Is there any person she listens to? Probably not, she's pretty stubborn, especially now.

I was the person she used to listen to.. Was.

I sigh in frustration and call one more time but she doesn't pick up - what a surprise.

I'll have to talk to her on Monday.

***

"Luke, I need your help for a second", I hear Calum say.

"Not now", I say and continue listening to the story Ian's telling. I'm actually having fun for the first time in what feels like forever.

I don't have a clue what made me this happy today but I'm having a pretty good day. I for once forgot that Ariana's been ignoring me all week and is back with Brian.

And I want to stay in this mood so I'll keep listening to Ian, who's drunk as fuck and keeps telling us about the time his mum nearly ran over his grandma with her car. The story shouldn't be funny - but it is.

I take a sip of my drink while Calum sighs and says, "It's important." "Can't someone else help?", I ask annoyed. "Yeah, sure", he snaps. "I'll just let a stranger take Ariana home then, okay?!"

"What?", I instantly pay attention. "She's up in my room and probably already vomited all over the floor - and my bed", he wrinkles his nose.

"She's drunk as hell, someone has to take her home." "What about Brian?", I frown. "He's not here."

"I think someone else should do that", I sigh. "She for sure doesn't want to see me."

"Are you kidding? She keeps calling for you, why do you think I came-"

Before he can finish the sentence I'm out of the room. My heart's racing.. She asked for me?!

I run upstairs and open the door to Calum's bedroom.

"Luke!", Ariana sits up and nearly falls off the bed. Doesn't look like she puked - the luck's on Calum's side.

"You came", she slurs. "I thought you wouldn't come. I thought you hate me.."

"I would never hate you", I sigh and walk over to her.

She opens her mouth but at that moment Calum bursts into the room. "Everything's clean! Thank god", he sighs in relief. "Get her out of my room before she throws up in here."

"I can hear you", Ariana rolls her eyes. "I'm still here."

"And you're wasted, go home", Calum tells her. "I tried", she laughs. "But I nearly fell down the stairs."

I don't know what's so funny about that but she giggles about her own words. Defintely too drunk.

"Luke's here to help you", Calum says and points at me. "Since you won't let anyone else help you."

"C'mon, we'll get you home", I say softly and take her hand to help her up. "I don't wanna go home", she pouts and I sigh. Didn't she just say she tried to go home seconds ago?

"Good luck", Calum says and quickly leaves the room. Wow, what a great help.

"You need to go home, babe", I say before I realize what I just called her. "Babe?", Ariana smirks.

"Well, babe, I wanna stay here", she laughs. "With you."

She makes an attempt to pull me down onto the bed with her but she isn't strong enough, which makes her laugh even more.

"Ariana", I sigh. "Please just come with me."

"Okay", she gives in. "But only if you'll stay with me." "I can't do that", I tell her and she frowns. "Why not?"

"Because you'll kill me tomorrow morning", I reply and help her up. She can hardly walk, how much did she drink?!

"Get on my back", I tell her and she looks at me confused.

"I'll give you a piggyback ride", I tell her but she shakes her head. "I can walk!", she protests.

Eventually I win and carry her downstairs, earning weird looks. Mind your own business.

"So how will you get me home?", Ariana giggles into my ear. "You can't drive."

"But I can walk", I tell her and make my way down the dark street. It will probably take an hour until her house but who cares as long as she's with me.

"Why do you do this?", she asks after a while. "What?", I ask and she places her chin onto my shoulder. "Carry me home."

"Why wouldn't I?" "I thought you hate me."

"You already said that", I sigh. "But I told you that I don't hate you. There's no reason to hate you. For god's sake, I love you!"

"But why?", she asks quietly. "I can't tell you all the reasons, I'd talk for days", I reply.

This is the first time since our breakup that she doesn't question my love for her. Maybe I should get her drunk more often.

She stays silent for the rest of the walk, just when we're nearly home she speaks up again.

"Luke?" "Yeah?" "I'm sorry for ruining the party for you."

I can't help but smile a little bit. She's always been worrying about ruining my nights but she makes them so much better.

"I would never choose a stupid party over you", I tell her as I walk up to her house. I let go of her and make sure she doesn't fall over before I ring the bell.

Ariana doesn't reply, instead she gets onto her tiptoes and leans in.

"No", I tell her and turn my face away. "Don't do this."

"But I want to kiss you", she whines. "You have a boyfriend", I remind her.

At that moment the door opens and Mr. Clifford looks at us surprised. "Luke!", he says happily. "Come in, come in!"

"I just came to get her home safely", I mumble. "He can bring me to bed", Ariana slurs and her dad raises his eyebrows.

"You've been drinking", he stats. "Just a bit", Ariana says and drags me inside.

"I..", I begin but before I can say anything to her parents she's already stumbling upstairs and I head after her.

"Hey, let me help you", I say into her ear as I grab her waist. "We don't want you to fall down again, do we?"

My hands still on her hips, I guide her upstairs. I miss holding her this way. I miss spending my time at her place. I miss Ariana.

As we enter her room she stumbles over to her closet and takes out her pajamas. Before I know what's happening she pulls her shirt over her head.

Wow. I've been in a relationship with her for half a year and now I see her undressing for the first time. That's kinda weird.

She completely ignores me and I start to wonder if she forgot that I'm here.

While she puts on her pajamas she looks at me again.

"What are you looking at?", she smirks. "Uh.. nothing", I stutter and quickly look at my feet.

Why did I even stare at her? She wouldn't want me to do that. She's just drunk, she would never want me to see her like this. I'm a fucking pervert, somehow.

"Will you stay?", Ariana asks and I look back up to see her sitting down on her bed.

"No..", I sigh. As much as I want to, it wouldn't be right.

"Please?", she asks with puppy eyes. Why can she still pull this off when she's drunk? That's not fair.

"I'm sorry, I can't", I tell her and walk over to her. "You would hate me tomorrow morning. Sleep well, princess. I love you."

With that I kiss her forehead, then I leave.

I can't believe I didn't stay with her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

I soo felt like writing smut lmao but I already told myself there won't be any in this book so I couldn't *sheds a single tear*

It wouldn't go that well with the storyline haha

Anyway, what do you guys think about this little Lariana moment? Comment ;)

Bye, love y'all xxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74 0 20
No description. Read to find out...
726 35 14
(Short Story) It just started with the voices in her head.The voices would tell her to hurt others, hurt herself. All at once the voices would speak...
4.1K 188 12
"Michael I need your help." "Sure, what's wrong?" "I think I murdered someone"
94.2K 4.3K 28
My story is too haunting for most people. That's why I have no one left. As people walk by they do not see the truth. To them we are just shadows in...