Just like Brothers

By dont_mind_me_28

"Potter. Are you awake." "Yes Malfoy what the bloody hell is so important to wake me up at 2 in the morning... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
A/N
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
A/N
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
A/N
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114

Chapter 22

22.2K 813 236
By dont_mind_me_28

"Harry! Have you seen my shampoo?" Draco stuck his head through the door to the bathroom. His hair, plastered to his forehead, was dripping everywhere.

"I haven't seen it, sorry." Harry said. In fact, he had seen it, he had finished the bottle off the night before as Draco's shampoo was fancy and made his hair somewhat lay flat.

However, he would never admit this to the boy as Draco was very possessive over his toiletries and would hex Harry in to oblivion.

"Bloody hell! I don't know where I put it." Draco groaned, closing the door.

The pair had gotten back from Hogwarts the night before and had yet to leave the house.

Part of the reason behind this was Harry was on house arrest until he completed all his missing assignments.

He thought this would be an easy task, however he hadn't truly realized how much assignments he hadn't turned in and the pile slowly accumulated.

He had asked Draco to help him but the blond refused, he told him it was his fault he was in this situation to begin with, he had to figure it out on his own.

Snape had even gone as far as disconnecting the Telly in the boy's bedroom, something Draco wasn't particular happy about.

Harry was panicking, he had been counting on the few days before Christmas to finish his holiday shopping.

However, at the rate he was going, Harry would be lucky to get out of the house before New Years.

Draco came out of the bathroom in jeans and a t-shirt, blonde hair unruly and curled.

"I can't believe I had to use that cheap piece of trash. Look at my hair Potter! It's looks like a bloody hippogriff trampled me!" Draco groaned indignantly, he started ripping through his trunk in a search for his hair products.

Harry had to suppress his laughter as Draco muttered 'I could've sworn I packed it!' under his breath.

"Hey, Malfoy?" Harry asked, just remembering something he had been meaning to bring up with the blond.

Draco looked up irritated, "what?" He asked rolling his eyes and continuing to search the room for his shampoo.

"Why didn't you tell anyone that Ron was the reason you got injured?" Harry asked.

Draco stopped in his tracks, "What?"

"I know you don't like him, so why wouldn't you just say he pushed you?" Harry continued, trying to read the boys face.

"It's not important." Draco shrugged his shoulders in an obvious attempt to avoid answering the question. 

"Really, Draco," Harry was beginning to get annoyed, "just tell me."

"Fine," Draco huffed, crossing his arms, "If word got out about Weasley being the cause of my arm, the Slytherins would be furious. They would go after the Gryffindors, who would with no doubt, retaliate. It would cause more harm then good."

Harry was shocked.

"You didn't tell on Ron because you didn't want to cause a commotion? You? Draco Malfoy?"

"Close your mouth Potter, you'll catch flies," The blond, if possible looked more annoyed now than he did when he was looking for his missing shampoo. "Do your homework, I would like to see Mrs. Whitely before break is over."

"We could go out sooner if you helped," Harry tried.

"You did this to yourself, I'm not helping you." Draco frowned.

Harry grunted and turned back to his textbooks.

Draco however was extremely bored, he had been looking forward to watching the muggle television but Severus had taken it away to Draco's dismay. It was bloody ridiculous that he had to be punished for Potter's stupidity.

He couldn't even leave the house. In the summer the boys were free to come and go as they please as long as they were back for meals.

However with Sirius Black on the loose and out for Harry, Severus banned them for going out alone.

Draco got out the colored pencils Harry had given him. He dug through the piles on the ground, trying to find the drawing he had been working on lately. It was a drawing of main street. He was planning to draw the store fronts of Larry's, Mrs. Whitely's bookstore and all the other stores.

Once he found it, he neatly repacked his trunk and brought it over to his desk.

He had finished sketching it out, however he had yet to color it.

The boys both worked in silence until lunchtime.

Lunch was the only casual meal in the Snape household.

The boys grabbed sandwiches and pumpkin juice, eating it quickly, Severus did not join them.

Harry moved to the sitting room to do his work, Draco muttered nonsense under his breath when he was drawing and it was slowly driving Harry mad.

Instead of doing his homework like he should've, Harry took out the book that allowed him to speak to Ginny Weasley.

He took a pen and began writing.

Hello

Hiya Harry! How's your work going

Bloody horrible. How's your family?

Everybody's good, Mum is upset you couldn't come to the Burrow. She has half the mind to break you out of the 'Muggles'. Thankfully I told her not to, I don't know how you would explain that one.

That would be bad. Tell them I'm fine.

Speaking of my family, what's going on between you and Ron? 

He pushed Malfoy into Buckbeak.

No...

Yes

"Just what are you doing, Potter?" Draco came stomping down the steps, "you should be doing your homework, not talking to your girlfriend."

Harry sneered at him.

"She's just a friend."

"Sure." Draco agreed unconvincingly.

Harry blushed and rolled his eyes.

"How many assignments do you have left?" Draco asked.

"A lot." Harry sighed.

Draco fumed, "are you trying to ruin my break?"

"It's not my fault!" Harry defended.

"How do you figure, Potter?" Draco raised his voice, "who's fault is it if not your own?"

"I have a murderer after me, Malfoy! I have more important things to do than History of Magic essays!" Harry yelled.

"Silencio."

Both Draco and Harry immediately went mute.

"Did I or did I not tell you two there is no yelling in this household." Snape came gliding down the steps.

The boys nodded in silence.

"Now, I am trying to plan my lessons. You two will remain silent." Snape lectures, "Mr. Potter, if you have half your assignments done by tomorrow morning, you will be allowed out for the day. Understand?"

Harry nodded eagerly. Draco elbowed him in the ribs. Giving him a side-eyed glare.

Snape went back up the stairs, intentionally forgetting to lift the spell on the pair.

Harry and Draco were left in silence, they watched as Snape's tiny ponytail bobbed as he climbed each step.

Meeting each others eyes, they couldn't help but break out in silent laughter.

Their argument was now in the past.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 457 29
Y/N is a muggle born. All her life she had been taught normal things. But when her Hogwarts letter arrives, she can't help but be giddy with exciteme...
9.9K 408 36
PART 1 Bibiana Malfoy grew up being exactly who she thought she was supposed to be. Perfect little daughter, perfect little student, perfect little l...
950K 41.1K 61
It's Harry Potters first year at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry and so far he's managed to survive up until Christmas. Now the holiday s...
9.1K 393 52
Tallulah Malfoy has woken up and she needs to make a choice. Follow voldemort down a path of darkness or follow Severus into the light... Book 1 Min...