If You Invite Them In

By let-it-down

โš ๏ธ minors DNI. Dark, mysterious.....possessive....Irresistible. More

The Scent
Meeting At Last
Laying Claim
Paul
A Lesson
The Scarf
Too Much
Gone
No Matter What
Phantom
Can't Stay Away Forever
The Introduction
Settling In
Lessons In History
The Bath

The One

1.3K 49 58
By let-it-down

The soft tapping of rain on the window rouses me from my deep sleep.

George makes a soft moan and pulls me closer. Our bodies are tangled, no air between us.

"...mmmmmm-mornin' beautiful..." George slurs out, a small grin adorning his handsome face.

I shift myself so I can look at him better, "good morning, handsome...."

He opens his eyes blearily, his damaged hand coming up to cup my cheek gently.

The smile on my face falters as I look into his eyes. A devastating wave of guilt crashing over me.

He sees this change immediately, sitting up more as he pulls me to his chest. "What's the matter, love?"

I look away, tears pricking my eyes.

"_______....please?"

His voice...so gentle...so caring...

"Geo....I'm sorry...I'm so sorry for ever thinking you were a monster..."

He shushes me as he wipes my escaped tear from my cheek. "No, you were absolutely right. I am a monster...but you're here....you'll help fix me...you are my One....."

I smile and rest my face against his hand. The feeling of guilt lessens, but still lingers.

All those hateful thoughts....

I tilt my head to look into those warm eyes once more. "Geo....you keep calling me your 'One'....what exactly...is that?"

I feel stupid for asking. Is it some kind of metaphor?

He laughs, the sound thundering in his chest. "You are my One. It's very simple, love. I am cursed. I'm a monster. Forced to feed on the living for survival. But you, you are the other half to my darkness. You are the light I need, you are my salvation. I'm cursed to walk the night, but with your blood I will heal. Your blood will take away this curse I've been given. Your blood will make me human again..."

I let his words sink in for a moment.

To be his One is a great responsibility....I am responsible for his second life....I will make him......human...

I feel another tear escape. "....how...how do you know? How are you sure it's me?"

"I just know. There's something in your blood....I knew it the day you first came to the Cavern...there's something special in you...something for me...my body knows it...my soul knows it...you are my One, _________...."

He leans in to kiss me softly, "and I know that...I....."

He pauses, his cheeks turning a bit red. He looks so adorable I can't help but kiss him again.

"You know that you what, Geo?" I push after several silent seconds.

"That I...want you to move in with me! What I did...what happened is unacceptable. It will never happen again. I want you with me, by my side always...I want to make sure you're always okay...I want to protect you, ______..."

His eyes are sincere, shining with an emotion I can't quite place.

He quickly continues on as he sees me trying to read him better. "You don't have to decide right this moment! In fact, I think that you should meet the others more formally. They're probably wondering what's going on..."

I nod, remembering speaking briefly with Paul, John, and Ringo the night before.

"They were ready to skin me alive before I came after you last night...they're all probably worried about how you're doing."

"Okay, we should probably go soon then..." I say as I slowly peel myself away from George.

I rise from the bed and offer my hand, "I need to clean myself up. And I need to re-bandage that hand of yours."

He takes my hand and gets to his feet. We walk slowly to the bathroom and I start the water for my bath before carefully unwrapping George's hand.

It still looks terrible. The bleeding has barely slowed. I frown as I survey the battered skin.

"It's going to heal slowly..." he says, bringing my eyes up to his.

"I...haven't eaten anything since...that night...."

If I make him more human...then not having my blood will affect him greatly..

I frown, turning my attention back to his hand. "Oh, Geo....."

I gently wash his hand in the sink before pouring more peroxide on it.

If I can't heal him with my blood I can at least heal him with my hands....

I pat his hand dry, little spots of blood blossom on the pure white cotton.

I spread some antibiotic ointment across the wounds and wrap his hand up in clean bandages.

I turn around and shut the bathtub faucet off. I inspect the bandage once more before stepping into the hot water.

George's eyes never leave me as I scrub myself from head to toe. His eyes shining with that unfamiliar emotion again.

I smile at him as I unplug the drain and reach for my towel.

"What's that look for, Geo?"

He grins, "..it's a secret."

I tick my eyebrow, "you can tell me! I promise not to tell!"

He chuckles and shakes his head, "I'll tell you someday, darling."

I just shake my head and make quick work of drying myself off.

I pick out a warm outfit and dress myself as George pulls on his clothes from last night.

When we're finally at the door ready to go George tilts my chin up, "are you ready to meet everyone, love?"

I take a deep breath, "..yeah...yeah I think I am."

He opens the door for us and takes my arm, leading me off to his house.

A nervousness grows in my belly as we walk along the empty, wet street.

George holds me close as if to tell me it'll be all right.

It doesn't take long before we arrive at a decent sized house. "Well, here we are. I share my place with Ringo and his girl, Val. Are you ready to head in?"

I look up at the looking house for several moments before affirming with a nod. "Yeah...I am..."

We walk up the steps and George opens the door. The house is still and silent, no sign of life anywhere.

I gently shut the door behind us and look around the room nervously.

As silent as a breeze, Ringo and a woman appear in the doorway to large living room.

"George! What the hell have you been doing!"

************************

Hello, loves! Happy update! Just thought you'd like to know that I wrote this chapter in the company of my foster boys, George Hairyson (green eyes) and Pawl McCatney! (Gold eyes) They are very handsome 💜🐾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 421 64
๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿข๏ผŒ๐–ฉ๐—ˆ๐—๐—‡ ๐–ซ๐–พ๐—‡๐—‡๐—ˆ๐—‡ ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐—๐—‚๐—Œ ๐–ป๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐–บ๐—…๐—… ๐—€๐–พ๐— ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—ˆ๐—‰๐—‰๐–พ๐—‹๐—๐—Ž๐—‡๐—‚๐—๐—’ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐—€๐—ˆ ๐—๐—ˆ ๐–ง๐–บ๐—†๐–ป๐—Ž๐—‹๐—€๏ผŒ ๐–ฆ๐–พ๐—‹๐—†๐–บ๐—‡๐—’๏ผŽ ๐–ถ๐—...
392K 9.5K 40
My one goal for this preferences book is for you guys to be able to imagine yourself with the four lads in different scenarios. I try my best to make...
4K 107 25
๐—ฆ๐˜‚๐—บ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿต๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿฎ, ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฑ ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—น๐—ฑ ๐—ฃ๐—ฒ๐—ด๐—ด๐˜† ๐—Ÿ๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต ๐—Ÿ๐—ถ๐—ฝ๐˜€ ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฑ ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ด๐—ต ๐—ด๐—ผ๐˜๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—ฎ ๐—ท๐—ผ๐—ฏ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต...
4.4K 72 17