Echoes Of The Heart

By aqsa17

We, the one's born with Islam as a part of our identity, seem to forget sometimes what treasure we own, how e... More

chapter #1
chapter#2
chapter #3
chapter#4:
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
chapter#8
chapter#10
chapter#11
chapter # 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter #15
chapter 16
chapter#17
chapter#18
chapter 19

chapter #9

358 39 1
By aqsa17

CAROLINE'S POINT OF VIEW

So I sat on my mattress thinking about the lady in the masjid. Was I really a Muslim now? I had no idea that it was going to be so quick, I felt amazing although I kept crying without reason. I had this book in my hand that I no more needed as I was already a Muslim. It was dark in my room. I was crying with hiccups. I kept thanking Allah for giving me the opportunity to become a part of those whom He calls the believers in His Book.

I opened the Quran that I had got a day before. I had not started reading it yet but I knew that it will leave me in amazement. I read a few Ayahs'

"Certainly, we have brought to them a Book (the Quran) which We have explained in detail with knowledge, - guidance and a mercy to the people who believe."

52:7

Mercy of Allah; was what I needed the most as I had read before that the one who gets it does not need anything of the world.

I wanted to learn to read the Quran so much. I wanted to read it in Arabic and feel the words the way they were sent by Allah.

Yesterday when I was at the mosque before leaving, the lady had told me that if I wanted to learn the Quran I can come to the mosque daily at that time and learn it from her.

I got up and began dressing up. I wore loose trousers and a black scarf. I reached the mosque.

It was dark and that lady was not there. I saw a man standing next to the door. I hesitated at first and then decided to ask him. He had a beard and it seemed that he was waiting for someone. I went to him and asked,

"Assalam u Alaikum. Do you know where Miss Amna is?" she had told me her name that day.

"She has already gone home," he said without looking up.

"Okay. Thank you." I said started walking out.

"She is here from 3pm to 6pm," he said from behind.

"Oh! Ok." I left the mosque.

I sat on my mattress thinking about life. I thought what I had gained in life till now?

The answer to it was very simple.

FAME!

I had not known the real meaning of life before. That woman had told me some simple things about Islam. Things that she thought I must know as a Muslim.

She had told me the 5 things that Islam asks you to believe in as a compulsion.

She told me that a woman is asked to cover herself, so that she does not attract men.

This man that I saw in the mosque didn't even look at me although I was not covered the way I had seen most Muslim women cover. That man made me feel so relaxed. I didn't have to care how I looked neither did I have to face the irritating eyes that make you think that you are a source of pleasure for them.

That day when the woman had told me about covering up, I had felt embarrassed and ashamed. I was a journalist and my job was my passion. I had never thought of it like this before. But now it was like a seed of guilt has been sown into my heart and I wanted to get rid of it now.

I was in deep thoughts when my phone rang. It was Umar. He wanted to invite me to a party that he had in his house. It was his engagement. I told him that I would come and then hung up.

I thought that I might get to make some Muslim friends there.

The next day I woke up, and headed to my office. I had not gone there since I had converted. I met Umar on the way to my cabin. I congratulated him for his engagement. He told me that I had a show today with a writer. I had no idea about it or I might have forgotten.

As soon as I was alone I felt like not doing it. I wanted to run away from this place. It started to haunt me. I don't know what had happened in these few days that my passion was now converted into a heavy burden on my heart.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 8.7K 22
Yasmin and Tarik want the same thing love... but are they looking in the right place? Maybe. Keep their faith strong through God everything will fall...
3.5K 304 24
"You won my heart and I will win you with my prayers."🫀🍁 A man who doesn't believe in God fell in love with a Muslim girl. After watching her faith...
31.7K 2.5K 32
❝Eye contact: how souls catch fire❞ metanoia• (n.) the journey of changing one's mind, heart, self, or way of life. ❝What will happen when a girl lik...