The Fox Kit (Sterek)

By ShiryoReikon

a strange baby is left in Derek's care, how will Derek handle a baby when he can hardly handle himself, with... More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
A/N
19

1

14.4K 301 122
By ShiryoReikon

Pack meeting had ended a few hours ago so I hid in my room listening to their chatter and the noise of the TV as i read my book, I listened as slowly the pack left one by one, and I knew who was the last one since starwars was still playing, when it finished I smiled as I heard him shout "oh ok, yeah fine see you guys later to, you know summer break and all nothing else to do but to hang out on my own, it's fine" i listened to his footsteps stomp towards the door and it slide open, I frownex not hearing it shut again so i closed my book and headed downstairs "oh a picnic" Stiles voice, I came downstairs as he put the basket on the coffee table and look inside it his eyes widening "ok that is not a picnic"

"What's that" i asked making him jump he let out a sigh of relief before looking back into the basket, I frown and walk over "is that a baby"

Stiles nodded cooing at the sleeping bundle "yup, isn't she cute" I roll my eyes and he reaches in pulling out a piece of paper "To Derek Hale" he starts grinning up at me "you don't know me, you never will, I can't allow my child to go to her father he will kill her, but I cannot live in the fear he will find out about the both of us either and I do hope you can be a good parent to my Daughter, he name is Daisy and if you don't know already she is a werefox" I just stood in shock staring at him "Derek has a baby" I scowled at him and growled as he flipped the sheet of paper around to see if there was any more on it a grin on his face

"I can't have a baby" I hissed and he shushed me as the baby made a whimpering sound "you can keep it you found it" I said glaring at him as he's trying to hold in his laughter "don't you dare wake it up"

"He Derek she is not an it she is a baby and we are not doing the whole finders keepers thing, the note has your name on it she's yours, plus I have school after summer I can't raise a baby" he said way to cheerily as he jabbed his finger into my chest, he took a step back as I looked at his hand then glared at him "I can help you with her but no way am I taking her, so either you take her and raise her by yourself ir you raise her with my help" he turned and headed for the door "anyways it's late I'm going home"

"Wait you can't leave it here with me, I can't look after a baby Stiles" I said in a panick as he heads for the door "please" I say just as he reaches it

He stops and turns to look at me with a raised eyebrow "did you just say please" Shock evident in his voice "oh my god Derek Hale just pleaded for my help, did you really.... oh" I was givig him a panicked look looking between him and the basket "FINE! But I still need to go home Derek it's late"

I shake my head frantically "no, no no no Stay and help I can't do this alone Stiles don't leave it here with me alone"

He looked at me as if I'm the one that's gone crazy "my Dad Derek, you know the sheriff, with a licenced gun who knows how to get bullets that kill werewolves who also so happens to be my father and knows where you live and where I last was" He pointed out and i just stared at him and he sighed "oh my god Derek" he was glaring at me so I glared back but it actually turned to be more pleading for help "oh my god Stop looking at me like that, fine just stop with that look Derek, god just c9me with me so I can grab a few things and we'll pop into the hospital or Deaton and find Melissa to give the baby a check up, we'll also need to go shopping and explain to my dad why I'm not going to be home" I look at him then at the basket "for crying out loud Derek she's not going to burn you, pick her up and follow or wait here alone with her while i go get my stuff and you can give me that scared puppy look I'm going"

I didn't say anything and just stared at it looking up to see Stiles had vanished in a panick I grabbed the basket and rushed out to Stiles and into the lift with him before it shut "can't we give it to someone else"

"She" he corrected again and I rolled my eyes "and no they are not nice places to go to Derek, like seriously they are trash places and some parents that they give children to are not nice" he gave me a stern look and glare "don't even think about taking her to such a place I will never forgive you don't forget she is also a werefox which means they could find out about her and the rest of the supernatural world"

I frowned "Fine" i grunted out, then stared as he started walking "where are you going?"

"Home, you can't put her in a car without a car seat Derek thats dangerous we have to walk" I kept glaring as I followed him to his house

I stood just inside the house once we got there as he went up to get some things he needed his dad wasn't here and I just stood staring at the basket as it it was ready to burn my hand off "bit late for a picnic" I jumped hearing the voice not even aware the door had opened and stared at the Sheriff as he eye'd me "what you got there?"

"It's not a picnic" I grunted out turning to the stairs hearing Stiles walking diwn the stairs

"Stop calling her an it Derek she's a..." I stepped to the side so he could see his dad raising an eyebrow "oohh hey daddio, I was just about to call you, I'm gonna stay with Derek for a few days and he..." he got cut off by the crying and everyones attention went to the basket I was still holding, and I'm sure I never shown so much emotion in my life before this day because I stood scared staring at it "oh my god Derek, pick her up"

"What!" I snapped my head to him "no way, I cannot hold a baby you pick her up" I glared at him

He rolled his eyes dropping his stuff down and opening the basket and taking the small bundle out as he rocked it gently, his dad just stood silently watching as a huge smile crossed Stiles lips as the baby fell silent "so who's the baby, who's the father" Noah asked

I shrugged eyeing Stiles as he coo'd at the baby in his arms "Don't know I found her on Derek's doorstep with a note asking Derek specifically to look after her so she's Derek's now"

"That's not how things work Stiles you know that" Noah said sternly and Stiles just shrugged rocking her gently in his arms a soft smile on my face "Stiles you need to take her to child services"

Stiles head shot up with a glare towards his father "She's a werefox dad, the baby's dad is a hunter and the letter asked Derek specifically to look after her so she's Derek's now and Derek is responsible for her and I'll help him, I'm not taking her to such a horrible place and if you try to make me I'll run away with her

I gaped at Stiles as his dad and him got in a glaring contest after a moment of silences Noah let out a defeated sigh "Fine Stiles"

His glare turned to me and I shook my head glaring hard at him, but then the thought of him running away and I frowned "you're helping, every day because I can't look after a child Stiles"

"I'm fine with that" he chirped happily "specially since you can't even look after yourself I figured you'd need help" he grinned up at me before looking to the baby and stepping around his dad "see daddy does care and we care about him to and we'll look after daddy together" he coo'd to the small bundle

I stood jaw dropped "did he just... call me daddy"

Noah nodded "I believe so, good luck" he said patting my shoulder before passing me Stiles stuff and I followed after the cooing boy

I realised we where at the Mccall's house Stiles unlocking the door with one hand I've never seem him so.... not clumsy before as he carefully carried the baby inside "hey Scotty" he called out

A few moments later Scott and Isaac came stumbling down shoving their shirts on and I raised an eyebrow at Isaac and he gave me a sheepish grin "oh my god what is that?" Scott squeaked out before cooing also at the bundle in Stiles arms

"Derek's daughter" Stiles said cheerily and I stared blank at him and rolled my eyes shaking my head "well she is now the note asked him to look after her, her names daisy, Isn't she cute" he gushed showing Scott and Isaac the baby

"Why does Stiles have a baby in my house, who did you steal it from this time" Melissa said as she entered

"I didn't steal one last time" he pouted and I looked between them confused and Scott started laughing

"When we was about 10 some woman let Stiles hold her baby and we had a hard time getting him to hand the baby back, we never let Stiles near a baby since so good luck Derek" Scott grinned "She's Derek's baby" Scott then said turning to his mother

"It's not mine" I groaned, "it was on my doorstep asking me to look after it and Stiles wouldn't take no for an answer"

"Her Derek, She!" Stiles corrected me once again glaring at me, I sighed and rolled my eyes at him as he turned to Melissa "anyways we came to see if you could give her a check up"

"Of cause I can" Melissa headed to the living room with Stiles and I sighed rubbing my forehead

"What have you done Derek you let him hold the baby" Scott whisper yelled at me "he's not allowed to hold babies Derek"

"His dad didn't stop him"  I whisper yelled back with a frown and Scott gaped at me and I groaned walking into the sitting room where Stiles was sat watching Melissa check the baby over, she got up after smiling and walked over to me holding the small thing out to me "I'm not holding it"

"Her and yes you are" Stiles said folding his arms, I looked at him then the baby as Melissa placed her against my chest until I curled my arms under her back to support her then looking at Stiles with a worried look as a huge smile spread on his lips as he bound over to me lightly bouncing on his toes as he coo'd at the baby in my arms "see she's adorable isn't she"

"She is about three months old and a very healthy baby" Melissa said as I looked at her while Stiles continued to coo at the baby "good luck with your new daughter Derek... and Stiles"

I rolled my eyes and sighed "we need to go Derek because soon she's gonna wake up and she's going to be hungry and we havn't got any baby stuff and without milk she's going to cry and scream and" I groaned as he rambled about the things we needed

"Alright Stiles let's go, just shut up" I sighed and rolled my eyes, Isaac Scott and Malissa having amused looks on their faces, Once we got to the shop Stiles ran off with the trolly leaving me with the baby, now I was kind of ok with that, at least until she started crying ten minutes into me searching for the hyperactive teen, I got a panicked look and looked at the baby "no no no don't start crying, Stiles!" I called out in worry looking down every isle as I walked around

Stiles pulled a trolly up to me coming out of one of the isles taking the baby off me "no need to panic big guy" he grinned at me and lightly bounced the baby in his arms calming her down a bit "push the cart, we got some more stuff to get" I followed him around as he told me the last few things to grab off the shelf before paying for it all only I then turned to glare at Stiles as I had to carry what I could and what we needed such as the milk, bottles and baby essentials as well as his stuff back to the loft and have everything else delivered to the loft tomorrow, he also brought some ready made milk so he could feed her once we got back to the loft "put a blanket on the floor Der" Stiles instructed as we got in, he asked me something about sterilising bottles and I reminded him that she's a were fox so it should be fine but he wanted to be sure first and talk to Deaton tomorrow about it so he went and sterilised a bottle in hot water

It was way past midnight by the time Stiles sat down and was feeding the baby, I couldn't stop watching him, just seeing him so motherly towards a child made me want to smile, It's no secret that i like the hyperactive teen though he's a little oblivious to it, Scott has told me to tell him but I told him no, "where is she sleeping" I questioned since her bed wont be here until tomorrow

He pursed his lip "we'll make her a little nest like bed on your bed and make sure she doesn't fall off"

"And if it is in my bed where am I sleeping, since you are probably going to be on the couch" I folded my arms not that he could see he never took his eyes of the child as he fed her

"I don't know, I wasn't exactly thinking that far, there's room on the couch for both of us?" He said glancing at the couch then up at me "I can sleep on the floor if you don't want to share the couch I mean I'm ok with that" he added

"We"ll sleep on the couch" i grunted and went to make a drink, when i came back Stiles was kneeling on my bed in the corner making a nest of blankets around Daisy to make sure she couldn't fall before looking over at me with a smile, he looked tired despite him trying to seem so lively "bed time" I grunted and he nodded flopping down onto the couch stretching himself along the length of it and I joined him for one of the most awkward nights of my life

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 5.6K 23
When Derek's twin brother moves back to Beacon Hills the pack is shocked. They didn't know Derek had a brother much less a twin. Gage immediately tak...
213K 6.5K 23
Stiles is 17 years, hyperactive and maybe even a little too sarcastic boy from Beacon Hills. His life is different, he is in a pack. Yes, a werewolf...
4.2M 109K 32
A Sterek fiction. When Derek realises that Stiles has become a trigger for him he tries to stay away. He knows that waiting until it passes is the be...
51.3K 1.8K 8
Derek has been the alpha for some time now but something has changed. Why was his brain being plagued by stiles. Of course this was stiles fault.