140°

By luluxxgigi

A collection of ThirBea one shots More

Signs and Surprises
Hearts and Ribbonettes
Games and Boo-boos
Spaces and Uncertainties
Twenty and Eight
Twenty and Nine
Articles and Presents
Delivery and the Guy
Apart and Together
Talks and Promotion
(No) Space and (un)Certainties
Lions and the Turtle
Losing and Winning
M and B
Choice and Wish
Delivery and Distance
Playful and Protective

Jealousy and Silence

8.6K 91 9
By luluxxgigi

I am just on my bed, relaxing. Listening to my new playlist. We were dismissed early by our prof and we have no training in the afternoon because Coach O had an appointment, hence the whole day training tomorrow.

I was surprised when my phone rang because it was connected to the speakers. But then, I smiled when I saw who the caller is.

"Hello, Love?" I greeted him.

"Love, I just got out of the classroom. Sorry, I wasn't able to reply immediately. Alam mo naman schedule ko today, I have a three-hour class. On my way na din sa next class ko sa kabilang building." He said.

"It's okay. I know how strict your prof is in that subject. You have the same prof as Madz, so I understand." I told him. That's the same prof that Maddie was stressing about every Thursday. Super strict daw kasi.

"Anyway, are you home na?"

"Yes, medjo kanina pa. I'm kinda resting to prepare myself for a whole day practice tomorrow."

"Oh, okay. You want me to come over and bring you food?"

"No na, Thirds. We both know I won't be able to rest when you're here. It's either we'll talk about many things or just make out." I said that while rolling my eyes. Because that's what really happens every time.

"Wow ha! Ang advance mo naman mag-isip!" He said laughing.

"Stop laughing. I know you."

"Oo na. Try lang naman. So, ano, final answer na? You really don't want me to come over and bring you food?" He said the last part with emphasis.

"Nice try, Ferdinand, but you can't bribe me with food today." I was half laughing when I said that. This guy thinks he can change my mind because of food ah. Well, today's not one of the many days he can do that.

"Okay. So, Love, do you mind if I'll go out with the guys later at BGC?" He asked.

"You don't have drills tomorrow?" I asked him. Well, their season is kinda far pa naman, but they still have these practices from time to time, most especially on weekends.

"None pa, Love, next week pa ulit since Coach Tab busy assisting sa training ng national team."

"Oh, okay. Kayo lang ba ng BEBOB?" Don't get me wrong, I trust Thirdy naman.It's just that some girls are going overboard sometimes when I'm not around. Sometimes when I'm around din talaga. Hindi ata nila ma-imagine kung paano matamaan ng Mikasa.

"That I am not sure, Love, since I guess the boys will invite other people din. But, promise, behave lang ako." He assured me.

"Okay. Just please be safe all the time and send me your whereabouts."

"Yes, Love, I will. I love you!"

"I love you, too. Sige na, go to your next class na, I'll sleep na din muna for a while."

"Okay, you rest well and prepare your whole being for your whole day training tomorrow."

"Yes, I will talaga! Sige na, you shouldn't be late. Bye, Loove!" I ended the call after that. Didn't let him talk na.

Then I received a message from him saying how unfair I am for not letting him speak before ending the call.

°°°°°

I woke up at almost 9:00 PM. Bawi na 'yung ibang times na I have to stay up late because of schoolwork then get up early because of training.

I heard my stomach grumble. Oh, right, I haven't eaten dinner yet. So I went downstairs to look for something to eat. Thankfully, the househelps left dinner for me before going to their rooms. I sat on a stool at the counter and started eating. I just replied to Thirdy's messages about his whereabouts. I didn't expect any reply from him naman since I know he's with his friends. I am not that clingy and demanding naman.

I was going through some IG stories of my friends when a photo caught my eyes. It was from Van's account. A picture of five guys with this particular girl. Magkakaakbay sila with matching those wide smiles na akala mo nanalo sa lottery.

"Wow. At magkakaakbay pa ha. At ang lalaki pa ng mga ngiti ha." I said in a low voice and I know I sounded so sarcastic.

It felt like my appetite was gone, so I washed the plates I used well. Ibinuhos ko sa pag-scrub ng plate 'yung inis ko. Then went straight to my room.

Maya-maya, Thirdy called.

"Hello, Love. You're awake na pala. Have you eaten your dinner na?" I can still hear loud songs being played on his background.

"Yes, very much awake, Ferdinand." I made sure that he can hear sarcasm in my voice.

"Love, are you mad? What's wrong?" He asked.

"You ask yourself, Thirdy. I'm ending this call. Don't talk to me." Then I dropped the call.

He called me a lot of times and sent me messages after that. I just ignored him because I am so frustrated and mad right now. I don't know if he's just so slow na hindi niya maisip that I would be mad if he's with that girl.

Well, he's with Julia. The first girl I ever got jealous with. We had our first tampuhan about someone because of her. Who wouldn't get jealous if he almost had a thing with that girl before we officially got together. Even now, may pasulpot-sulpot comments pa din siya sa mga posts ni Thirdy. Take note ha, with heart or pouting emojis pa. That's why I don't want him going anywhere near her. I just hate her guts sometimes. Alam naman nyang mag girlfriend na 'yung tao.

Dahil sa inis, I opted to sleep. The last thing I wanted to do right now is stay up all night feeling like this. I know I can't function well bukas sa training if I'll do that. So, I turned my phone into silent mode. Bahala ka dyan, Ravena. I hope you enjoy your night out with your friends.

I woke up even before my alarm rang. My body feels okay, I know I am physically prepared for the training today. But, my heart is still heavy because of what happened last night. I checked my phone for messages.

"Just tell me when you're ready to talk to me." I read the message. Wow ha. At sinasabayan talaga nya ako ngayon. Normally, when we have tampuhan, nandito na sya sa bahay ng umaga pa lang para manuyo. But, I think hindi ngayon.

So I prepared to go to Ateneo na. I know I'll have a long day, so I prayed na maging okay lahat. Like I won't mess up today.

I arrived a little late even though I woke up early. I kinda have my banyo moment when I just sat on the toilet bowl and thought about things.

We started with warm-up and also lifted weights. After that we had our ball drills naman, then lunch. Come afternoon, we had our scrimmages.

I had many errors sa ilang rounds. Service errors, wrong timing of blocks, or out naman ang ball when spiking, that's when Coach O started to scold me because of my performance. I am definitely messing up today. Another round and I told my team na babawi ako. Deanna was giving me good sets since she's in my team, nasa other team naman si Maddie and Kat, so malakas talaga ang other team.

When Kat spiked,  Ponggay and I attempted to block her, but my landing was not that okay, so I sprained my left foot. I was pulled out ftom the game and Ate Mona escorted me to Moro to have my foot checked. I told them the pain is tolerable naman, but Coach O insisted saying telling me to get checked na, so I obliged, since I know I'm not in the proper condition na din naman.

"Bei, I guess you should be ready to receive an earful later. Kanina pa napapansin ni Coach that you aren't in your element today." Ate Mona said.

"Yeah, I'm actually mentally preparing myself for that na, Ate." I told her.

After having my ankle iced and taped, we went back to BEG since all my stuff are still there. Good thing, it was not that serious naman, I just need to rest it as much as I can. Sunday din bukas, so I can rest for a day and train again on Monday afternoon.

When we arrived sa BEG, I saw Ponggay and Deanna. I guess they were the last ones who came out of the locker room since wala nang tao. So, I decided to just go home wearing my jersey, I'll just take a shower at home.

"Pongs and Deans! Can you wait for me? Sabay na tayo labas." I asked them.

"Sure, Ate Bei! How's your foot naman?" Deanna asked.

"It's okay naman. I just have to rest."

"Buti na lang hindi serious. Thank you, Lord!" Ponggay said with matching exaggerated hand gestures pa. I laughed when she did that.

"Sige na. I'll just get my things. Wait for me. Sabay-sabay na tayo pumunta sa parking." They insisted to go with me sa locker room, But I told them I'm fine naman na.

I just changed into my slip ons, grabbed my bag, and made sure I haven't left anything then went to the girls na. I also called manang at home asking if Dad's driver is there. Kahit kasi our of the country sila Daddy nagre-report 'yung driver, in case we need one. Luckily, nandoon pa si manong. He will just take a Grab from LGV, then drive my car going back.

Ponggay, Deanna, and I are now on our way to the exit of BEG when Coach O called me, so I told the two to just head out without me.

"De Leon, let's talk." With the way Coach O called me, I know I'm doomed.

"What's the matter? Bakit out of focus ka ngayon? You know the season is starting soon and your teammates can't see you like that." I was just staring at my slippers when he asked me that.

After that, I apologetically looked at him and answered, "I'm sorry, Coach. I promise, aayusin ko na po on Monday."

"Yes, please, Bea. Remember, you are the captain of the team. You should lead by example. Whatever it is that's bothering you, deal with it as soon as possible. Or kung hindi mo kaya, please, don't let it affect you so much. Don't let it affect your performance. Don't let it affect the team." He said while looking at me, I know he's concerned. It's just that he can't be a life coach right now.

"Yes, Coach. I won't let it happen again."

"Okay, thank you, Bea. You may now go, I know you're tired and your have to rest your foot. Buti na lang it's not that serious."

"Thank you, Coach. See you on Monday."

Honestly, I thought I will receive an earful just like what Ate Mona said. Luckily, hindi naman. Salamat talaga, Lord.

While on my way to the exit again, I checked my phone for messages. The messages I got were from my teammates asking if I'm okay, so I sent a reply to them. Pero 'yung kaisa-isang tao na hinihintay kong magparamdam today, wala talaga.

You see, this is new to me. Usually, he would send me messages or call me whenever we're having an argument or I feel tampo. So, he can really ignore me na talaga ha. I felt bad because I haven't heard anything from him today.

So I just locked my phone, got my car keys from my bag and headed towards the parking lot. I'll just wait there for manong kasi I haven't received any message from him pa naman na he's there na.

While walking slowly to the parking lot, I saw this tall man leaning on my car. He's here. He's looking at me and then down to my feet.

"Hey. What happened to your foot?" He greeted me in a low voice and then tried to get my gym bag.

"I can manage. Where's manong? Bakit ikaw 'yung nandito?" I asked him in a cold voice, ignoring his question.

"I was at LGV when you called, told manang na ako na lang susundo sa'yo."

"Wow. I didn't know na driver ka na pala namin ngayon." I said with full of sarcasm as I look at him.

"Love, can we talk ng maayos? I really don't know what's the matter. Kagabi pa kita tinatanong, but wala ka namang sagot."

"I don't want to talk right now, Ferdinand."

"Okay, let's just talk pagdating sa bahay ninyo. Akin na car keys mo." He said in a serious tone. Wow, he had the audacity to actually use that tone on me.

Not wanting further argument, I just handed him my car keys. He unlocked the doors and I went to the back seat. He threw me a glance through the mirror.

"Why are you there?" He asked, now he is sounding so pissed.

"I said I don't want to talk to you. Just let me be, okay? Ikaw naman may gustong magpaka-driver dyan." I retorted and then got my phone sa bag.

He let out a deep sigh and started the engine. I can sense that he is starting to get frustrated with what I'm doing.

Buti na lang hindi traffic, so mabilis lang kaming nakarating sa bahay. When he parked the car, I got my bag and went out the car. And because my foot still hurts a little and I don't want to get more injured, I had to walk slow kaya naabutan pa nya ako somehow na paakyat.

"Bea, let me at least carry your bag to your room, since I hindi mo naman ako papayagan na alalayan ka sa pag-akyat." So without my approval, he snatched my gym bag from me. I just rolled my eyes at him and slowly made my way to my room upstairs.

Buti naman at marunong syang makiramdam kahit papaano kaya hindi nya ako sinasabayan sa pag-akyat. He just started to step on the stairs when I'm halfway to my room na.

When I reached my room, I sat on my bed and started to rest my foot. He entered my room na din and put my gym bag on the couch across where I'm sitting. Then, he slowly kneeled down, so magka-level na kami.

"Love, let's talk na, please. I don't want this day to end na ganito tayo. I know you are mad at me and I don't know why." Oh my, this is just so frustrating. Hindi pa rin nya alam ang ugat nang lahat nang ito.

"Thirdy, I thought I already made myself clear when I said I don't want to talk to you. Go figure out yourself kung bakit."

"But, Bea, we need to talk. You have to tell me what's the matter. Come on, hindi ako manghuhula to know what's going on your head." He told me. Again, frustration can be heard in his voice.

With that, I just stared at him blankly and he was staring at me with frustrated and pleading eyes. But, still, hindi ako nagpadala with the way he looks at me.

"Okay, if you really don't want to talk, bahala ka na." He said. I know he's now pissed off. After saying that, he stormed out of the room and closed the door.

He just walked out on me.

And that hurts big time.

My eyes just watered and tears started to roll down my cheeks after realizing what just happened. I just sat there and let the tears fall. After that, I went to the bathroom to shower. I just want to rest, it's been a really long day for me.

°°°°°

After changing into my shorts and shirt, I went downstairs to drink water. I feel so dehydrated with all the crying I did in the bathroom.

While heading to the kitchen, I noticed there's someone in the living room, sitting on the sofa. I think Kuya Loel just got home from Thailand. Hindi man lang nag-message.

So I decided to head to the living room first. But, it was not my kuya who I saw.

It was Thirdy, his hands kind pulling the sides of his hair. He only does that when he's really frustrated. My eyes began to water again when I saw him.

I guess he noticed my presence, so he turned his head and looked at me. He actually looked surprised seeing me.

"Love..." That's all that came out my mouth when he turned to me. He walked towards me and hugged me.

I just hugged him back and rested my head on his chest. I was just crying, I can feel his shirt getting wet with my tears. We stayed like that for a while, his arms around me while trying to comfort me by rubbing his hands on my back. He was also kissing my temple, comforting me.

Ako na nga 'yung nang-away and here he is, comforting me.

When he felt I calmed down a bit. He just hugged me tight and lead me to the kitchen. He made me sit on a stool and before opening the fridge to get a bottle of water, he then poured some into a glass. He handed me the glass of water after, still no one's talking. He was just looking at me like observing if I'm now okay.

After drinking, I put the glass on the table and looked at him. He smiled a bit, came closer to where I was sitting, hugged me, and kissed me on my forehead which made me close my eyes and savor the moment.

"Are you okay now?" he lowered down a bit, so he can look at me.

"Yes, Love." I nodded.

"Do you want to rest now? Hatid na kita sa taas."

"No, later na. I want to talk to you and say sorry." I said, answering his question.

"Are you sure? I know you're tired. We can talk tomorrow."

"Yes, it's okay. I don't think I can sleep naman na ganito pa rin tayo. One night is enough na." I told him. He nodded. So we are now heading to my room again. I don't want naman kasi to wake our househelp pa pag naramdaman nila na meron pang tao sa baba.

"Slowly, love. 'Yung paa mo." Pagpapa-alala nya sa akin.

"It's okay. The pain is tolerable naman and the pain was lessened naman na." I assured him.

When we reached the room, he opened the door and let me enter first. I just sat on the sofa and tapped the space beside me, signalling him to sit.

When he is finally settled, I began to speak.

"First, I want to say sorry because of how I ignored you and how I treated you earlier. I know it was all wrong." I started speaking.

"Also, I want to apologize din because I know I kinda pushed you to your limits when I kept pushing you away. I just felt like you are being so insensitive and I felt like you don't care about what will I feel if you do some things." I continued.

"Love, please tell me the reason. Why did you feel that way?" He asked as he held both of my hands.

"I saw Van's IG story last night. You were with Julia. Hindi lang naman ikaw, actually, it was a group photo. But you and that girl were beside each other. Magkakaakbay pa kayo with that big smile on your faces." I answered him while stopping myself from crying.

"Oh, that. I'm sorry about that, Love. Biglaan lang din kasi 'yung photo. And thought we already settled things about her, that she's just a friend." He calmly said.

"Yeah, I know. But, I can't help it. I know she still has feelings for you. Not that I don't trust you. I do, believe me. It's just that, it's her I do not trust. Parang she will grab every opportunity she will have para lang mapansin mo sya. All those comments on your posts and the random things she does just to have you notice her again." I honestly told him.

"Also, Thirds... Remember, before you courted me again, you had a thing with her? I know I sound really sound so jealous right now but this whole Julia thing is frustrating me big time." He let me continue. One thing I like about him when we argue is that he really let me finish as he listens to what I say.

And then, when I was done letting everything out, he spoke.

"Thank you for being honest now, Love. But, remember, waaaay before her and after her, there was you. Things did not work out between us because you're here." He pointed to his heart.

"Also, Love, we were never together. I told you, we tried, kaso wala eh. Tinamaan na ako big time sa isang Bea de Leon." I know he's trying to make the atmosphere lighter this time.

After saying that, he just moved closer to me and hugged me and I hugged him back. He placed his ahead at the crook of my neck and inhaled my scent while slowly touching my hair. After that, he talked again while still in that position.

"Love, I hope everything is clear now. And I hope this doesn't happen again. You ignoring me for the nth time kapag nagtatampo ka. I swear, sobrang gulong-gulo ako, Isabel. I had no clue why you were mad. And then there's you, you were feeling na I don't care about how you feel because of my actions na pala. Nahihirapan tayong dalawa sa mga nararamdaman natin. Let's not give ourselves a hard time when we can talk it out, okay?" He is now looking at me in the eyes.

"Yes, Love. I'm sorry, too." I am now crying again, so he hugged me tighter.

"I also want to apologize for walking out on you kanina. I know that was wrong. I felt so bad after ko ginawa 'yun. I'm really sorry. I promise it will never happen again."

I just nodded while hugging him.

"I thought you've given up on me na talaga."

"No, no, Love. My emotions just got the best of me kanina. Please don't you think I'll ever give up on you, on us. I cannot lose you now that I have you, Isabel. Wala nang atrasan pa 'to." He said and his words really got me. I just hugged him tighter and nuzzled my head on his chest.

"I missed you." He said and then kissed my hair.

"I missed you, too, Love. Can you just stay here tonight?" I asked him.

"Yes, I will stay here tonight. I called Mama na kanina kasi I thought I will be staying at your living room ng magdamag. Kung hindi ka bumaba kanina, fo sure, I will be sleeping on the couch there." He told me suppressing his laugh.

"Lucky you, bumaba ako!" I said laughing.

"Wait. I'll text my parents lang that you'll be sleeping here again. Change your clothes na para you'll can sleep comfortably." I told him.

He went to my closet and got his clothes there. Nag-iiwan kasi sya ng clothes pambahay dito, since pinapayagan din sya ng parents ko to sleepover minsan.

When Thirdy got out of the bathroom, we went to my bed and lied down. He gently kissed me on the lips and I kissed him back. The kiss we shared is comforting and assuring at the same time. After we broke the kiss, we just looked at each other. No one dared to speak. We were just looking at each other's face.

I held his face, leaned in, and gave him a quick kiss. After that, I was just tracing his features. From his eyebrows which made him close his eyes, just feeling the moment, maybe. To his pointed nose, down to his beautiful lips.

"Oh, God, thank You for blessing me with this man beside me." I thought to myself.

After that moment, I adjusted myself a little bit so my lips can reach his forehead. I kissed his temple and I can feel him tightened his hug on me as I was stroking his hair. We stayed like that for some time.

"This is the silence that I want. The silence that is both comforting and familiar." Those are my thoughts right now.

I shifted and went back our position earlier, his arms wrapped around me while I rest my head on his chest. Now, my hands are drawing circles on his chest.

"Good night, Love. Thank you and I love you." I told him.

"Good night, Isabel. I love you, too, Love."He said as he held me closer to him.

- END -

Thank you for reading my first one shot!

Let me know your thoughts. 😊

Twitter: @luluxxgigi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.6K 267 29
These are mostly Puckabrina
6.5K 103 9
Hi to all of you! It's my first time writing a story so I hope it will work and you'll like it. It's about A FRIEND THAT ENDED UP TO LOVERS. This is...
42.5K 1.4K 21
━ 𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐬 𝒑𝒐𝒄𝒖𝒔🤍 ✶ 🜸 ﹕ ૮ 이 🤍 𝐀𝐇𝐒 & 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 ҂ 𝟎𝟎𝐲 𓍯 𝗄𝗒𝗅𝖾 𓇼 𝗌𝗉𝖾𝗇𝖼𝖾𝗋 ♡̶ ゛𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁 🤍
228K 6.6K 47
A bunch of Merthur one shots.