Rose

By babyXvee

Rose never had the ambition or the confidence Lily had. She was always living in the shadow and was always be... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11.
12.
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
Lily

14

244 10 1
By babyXvee

14.

A rose must remain with the sun and the rain or its lovely promise won't come true. - Ray Evans

I had earphones plugged in my ears while I listened to the trendy music that's been playing on the radio nowadays. Sweat drenched down my face, my neck, and my body while I steadied my breathing. I held my crunch position on the floor of Lily's living room that evening. I released my body to relax before it was repeated again. Losing two inches around my waist in a week should be doable right? I was so focused in my work out that I didn't notice Lily coming home until she was hovering over me. I pulled my earphones out of my ears as I sat up to wipe my sweat from my face with a towel.

"Hey," I smiled at her. "You're home early for a Friday night."

"What are you doing?" She folded her arms across her chest.

"Working out," I told her. "I went for a fitting for a dress with Rex today. They completed the dress they measured on you a couple of weeks ago and it was embarrassing how I couldn't fit in it today." I removed my towel away from my face and stared up at my sister.

Lily stared down at me and she looked exhausted. I haven't had a chance to really stare at my sister since my family started falling apart nor have we talked about it. We both knew that we have to talk about it, but every time we think about it we just brush it back and will be forgotten. Lily said that she was going to get through this on her own without the help from Rex, but now that I can clearly see my sister, I'm starting to worry about her.

"Hey Lily are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." She replied with a grunt before she turned her heels to walk away. I got up on my feet as quickly as I could and grabbed her by her wrist to stop her.

"Are you sure?" I asked, she stared at me over her shoulders. "I mean everything is okay with your business too right?" She yanked her wrist free from my grasp.

"Yes it's fine." She was getting agitated. "Don't worry about me and worry about yourself more Rose." She added before she stormed into her room and slammed her door.

I stared at the direction where she disappeared to and I heard a loud thump against the wall of something being thrown across Lily's room and a frustrated scream. I frowned at the thought of seeing Lily like this. My heart hurts seeing her break down when she's always been the strong and confident one. I may not know how to read other people's minds, but I knew that Lily is frustrated. She was most likely frustrated at herself because she became strongly against this marriage with Rex just a couple of weeks ago but when I mentioned that I was with Rex earlier, she didn't say anything. I could only assume that she still depends on this connection our family has with the Luckwaldt and there's probably nothing she could do to stop it.

Even now after two months since this whole thing started, I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. All I know I can do is continue to be Lily because it's the best option I have now. My relationship with Aiden...I don't want to drag him into my family affairs as much as I can. But mainly I want to have an honest relationship with him. The guilt of having to lie to Rex is already killing me a hundred times and Rex isn't as bad as I thought he was. This is a lie that should never see light and I'm determined to keep it that way. I might have been confused before and I questioned myself of what's right and what's wrong. But I feel that I shouldn't waver anymore, this really isn't just about me. If marrying Rex would bring a smile on my family's faces again, I am willing to do whatever I can. I might forever be Lily Starr, but there's also a chance that I'll fall in love with Rex. If it's possible to keep Aiden as a friend of Rose Starr, then I would but if not...I'm willing to let that go. But for now, I'm going to be a little selfish and hold our relationship as something special.

(-)

"Should I be offended that you took me to a gym?" I asked with my hands on my hips and I narrowed my eyes at Rex.

"No you shouldn't." He draped a towel around his neck and picked up his duffle bag in one of his hands. "You should just blame yourself for gaining the additional weight when you're a model Lily. I thought you should know better since you've been in this industry for years now." At least this time Rex had the courtesy to tell me to not dress too fancy, in fact he told me to dress athletic today instead of wearing dresses and heels.

"Food is everyone's weakness." I replied. "Especially chocolate and woman don't usually make a good combination."

"Uh huh..." He gave me a look as we walked through the gym.

We breezed through the floor with all the machineries and headed straight towards the courts of the gym. We passed by basketball courts, volleyball courts, and even the swimming pool until we arrived at our destination, the squash court. I could feel myself turning white, oh no. We walked into a squash room and Rex went down on his knees to unzip his duffle bag to pull out two rackets.

"So I've heard that you're pretty good at playing squash." Rex was still looking in his bag. "I want to see for myself how good you are, I've been trying to look for a good partner to play with."

I may be decent at sports but squash is something I am not good at. Lily on the other hand is a super star at it and maybe that's why her limb muscles are so perfect and toned. Rex handed me a pair of goggles and a racket which I nervously took from him.

"Where did you hear such a thing? I'm not that good at it." I told him the truth but he doesn't need to know that...he'll probably figure it out himself from the moment I start playing.

"Really?" He slipped on his pair of goggles and started stretching out his muscles. "I guess I've got to see it to believe it." He swung his racket a few times and I gulped, oh boy here goes nothing I told myself as I began to warm up.

I'm sweating, no I believe that's an understatement. I'm drenched in my own sweat. I have never worked out my entire body like this and I could already hear my muscles yelling at me tomorrow morning. I did better than I thought I did, at least I didn't let any balls hit my face or embarrass myself by falling face first onto the floor. Even if I thought I've done well, but I felt like I was dying from it. I decided to let the ball bounce off on its own and I dropped my racket to the side.

"Done already Lily?" Rex dropped his arms as well and settled his panting.

"I feel like I'm dying." I told him and I walked to the side of the court to sit down, resting my back against the wall. My legs were thanking me for this kind gesture after I brutally tortured it from all the running.

"Is this all Lily Starr can do? I've heard a lot about how great you are in squash." Rex walked over to me.

"I told you, whoever you heard it from is definitely wrong." I replied and Rex handed me a bottle of water. "But really, I appreciate it that you see me so highly." He chuckled and sat right beside me. His sweaty arms brushed against mine just as he took a huge gulp of water from his bottle.

"I guess I might have to change the way I collect my information then. But I expected more from you than this Lily, you've only played for thirty minutes and you're already dying." I might only be able to fool him this much, like I said I'm surprised that I even lasted that long.

"I haven't played in awhile." I lied. "Give me a break would you?" He chuckled again.

"Fine, we'll take a five and we'll go again." He replied and I sighed. He took my saying literally and he is really giving me a break, but it's better than nothing right?

 The five minutes went by way too quickly because we were back on our feet and once again, sweating my entire body. Squash will forever be a nemesis for my body but my body would thank it for how it'll make my body. I mean I am still trying to lose those two inches off of my waist. After another thirty minutes of this tiring sport, we were done. We headed to our appropriate showers and I was surprised that Rex has prepared a set of clothes for me to change into. It wasn't anything fancy either, a plain pair of denim jeans and a sweater.

I showered and changed in half an hour and I tied my wet hair into a bun. When I walked out of the woman's room, Rex was already sitting at a table with his head down staring at his phone. He was dressed just as casual as I was and I approached him to get his attention.

"You're quick." I started and sat down across from him. He shoved his phone away and he leaned back in his chair while staring at me.

"And you're quicker than I thought you'll be." He replied.

"What's that supposes to mean?" I asked and he shrugged before he stood up.

"Well let's get going, there's somewhere I need to take you to."

"Somewhere you need to take me to eh?" I arched an eyebrow and stood up regardless.

"You'll see when you get there." He replied and held his hand out for me to take. I took it and he began to led me out of the gym and towards his Maserati.

The drive was relaxing but when I realized where we were turning into, I started to feel nervous. We pulled up in front of a jewelry store and I could only imagine what we were doing here. He parked his car and we walked towards the store. Once inside I was blinded by the sparkles and shine of the diamonds, literally I was. The lights were positioned on the diamonds in the display so perfectly that when I look at it from every angle, I'm blinded by the beauty of it.

"Good afternoon Mr. Luckwaldt," A man greeted him as soon as we entered and he turned towards me. "And good afternoon Ms. Starr."

"Andy, I presume you have it ready right?" Rex asked the man, Andy and he nodded.

"Please come this way." He replied and we followed him through the store.

We were escorted into a giant room for clients to discuss their jewelleries away from public eyes. There was another man who was slightly older than Andy inside the room already, standing behind the table and we were directed to sit in the seats across from him. Reluctantly, I sat down and smiled at the older man smiling down at me.  I averted my eyes and saw a ring box sitting on top of the felt square table cover resting on the table.

"Good afternoon Mr. Luckwaldt and Ms. Starr," The older male started, "My name is Joe and I'll be at your service today."

"Hello Joe," I started and smiled. Joe pulled out a pair of white gloves from his pockets and he opened the ring box to show us. Sitting in the box was the most gorgeous ring I've seen and it shouted out, expensive. It was a princess shaped diamond with a diamond band and I didn't want to know how much it costs. Joe removed the ring and handed it to Rex who took it in his hand. He carefully inspected it before he turned to me. He put his hand out and waited for me to put my hand in his.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Why do you ask the obvious Lily?" He arched his eyebrow, "It's your engagement ring, and don't you think having a ring on your finger makes our relationship more solidify?" I balled my hands into a fist and bit the bottom of my lips.

Within these two months I knew I was engaged to him...or well Lily is but now that I see the ring right in front of me, it felt like the reality of that is kicking into me. Rex sighed when I didn't place my hand in his so he took it upon himself and grabbed my hand. My hand relaxed in his and he took this opportunity to slide the ring onto my ring finger. Yup, staring at the ring on my finger is kicking the reality into me, I will be marrying Rex Luckwaldt.

"Well what do you think?" Rex asked. "Do you like it?" I nodded.

"It's beautiful, it must have cost a fortune." I replied and he rolled his eyes.

"Money is the less of my concerns right now," He replied. "The main thing is that you like it, it took two months to make this ring."

I mentally fought with myself. If this ring was given to me as Rose and that I'm the one faking the engagement to him then this ring is too expensive for me to accept. But of course I'm not myself and I need to think like Lily. She'll accept this ring just because she is the one that's engaged to him. God damn, it's an engagement ring, I have to accept it. It's not like I can say no because that'll just mean I said no to marrying him.

"Like I said, it's beautiful." I told him. "It just makes me think that this marriage is real and it's finally settling into me."

"I know the reason why we're marrying isn't exactly out of love, but I want you to feel the same as the feelings I feel for you. I know it's going to take some time but I think that we can live a good life together." He replied and I smiled.

As much as this is difficult for my family, the future doesn't look terrible. I'm really hoping that I'll fall in love with Rex and even if I don't I know that I'll care for him just as much as I would to anybody. I stared at the ring on my finger, yes everything is finally settling in.

(-)

It was the moment of truth, I slipped back into the blue cocktail dress with Bianca assisting me. I sucked my breath in just as Bianca zipped the dress up. Hallelujah! The dress fit and I successfully lost those two inches off my waist in a week's time! My hair and makeup was already done ahead of time, all that's left for me to do was to step into the black pairs of Louboutin open toed pumps and accessorize. Bianca drew the curtains back and Rex was already dressed on the other side. He was in a black suit with a matching blue tie and handkerchief. When he turned to face me, he smiled at what he saw and walked towards me with jewelry box in hand.

"You're gorgeous tonight," Rex kissed me softly on the cheek.

"Thanks," I replied and he opened the box in his hand to reveal a diamond necklace. He removed it from the box and reached around my neck to put it on. I ran my fingers down the chain of the necklace until I felt the diamond on my finger. The engagement ring has been on my finger for the past week, of course I was only wearing it when I was with Rex.

"Alright let's get going," Rex held out his hand for me to take. "This is going to be your first public debut with me so the media is going to be there." I took his hand and he guided me out.

Over the week I figured out what this dinner is supposes to be. It was a celebration party for a successful project for a big company so there was going to be the media, several other big businessman and their wealthy families. We arrived at the venue in half an hour and Rex opened the passenger door for me to get out. He handed his keys to the valet and I rested my hand on the inside of his elbow. Camera lights began flashing as soon as they realized our arrival and we were swarmed within seconds. But thankfully there were security that kept them at a distance from us. I already prepared myself for the possible questions they'll be asking me. It would be most likely about my family or the engagement itself.

"Lily! Lily! Please look over here!" They shouted. "Are you two marrying out of love or was it arranged?" They continued. "Is it true that you're marrying the Luckwaldt for the money?!"

"Rumours are rumours." Rex spoke out loud. "Lily and I are marrying for love so please let us have your blessings." He continued. He knew he needed to say something but not too much, he avoided all the other questions that were flying towards us by hastening our pace until we were safely inside the venue.

"Thank you," I whispered and he smiled at me.

We walked into the venue and it was a luxurious banquet with people wearing formal dresses and suits. Everyone had a glass of wine in their hands and was socializing with each other. As we walked through the venue, there were eyes on us. If I was myself, I would avoid most of their eye contact, but I'm Lily so I walked proudly with Rex by my side. I met their eyes and gave them a small greeting with the nod of my head. I scanned around the banquet and I found Mr. and Mrs. Luckwaldt standing with another married coupled just around their age in front of them.

I realized that maybe tonight I'll be able to meet Rex's older brother, Jason Luckwaldt.  As I continued to scan for a man similar to Rex, a pair of hazel eyes met my eyes. I felt my throat becoming dry at the dangerous hazel eyes piercing into me. I looked away and avoided Aiden's gaze on me and I smiled at a businessman that had approached us in the small time frame.

"So glad you could make it Mr. Luckwaldt," The man in front of us spoke, "And you must be Lily Starr."

"It's nice to meet you Mr..." I shook his hand and he chuckled.

"My apologies, I'm Eric Miller." Rex continued to talk to him about some business they are thinking about doing together, but I couldn't keep my attention on the conversation because I kept feeling a pair of eyes on me.

"Ms. Starr?" Mr. Miller snapped me out of it.

"Yes? I'm sorry I was just thinking about something." I apologized and he smiled.

"Don't worry about it," He replied, "I was just saying how beautiful you are in person compared to seeing you on the front cover of a magazine."

"Ah yes thank you." I smiled.

"Mr. Luckwaldt here is a very capable man, you're lucky to have caught his heart." He winked. "I'm sure we'll be meeting each other quite often in the near future since we've just became business partners."

"Is that so?" I looked at Rex, when did he decide to help with the family? "Please take good care of him for me." He chuckled.

"Oh no it should be the opposite, he is more capable then I am. This project of mine wouldn't be successful without the help of Mr. Luckwaldt and his investment."

"It's nothing really," Rex replied. "We're all businessmen here, wherever there's a profit, we'll be there." They chuckled and Mr. Miller turned to me.

"Though what I can't wait is to see your fashion line launch. My younger sister is a complete fan of yours and she's been waiting for quite some time now."

"Well I'll be sure to give your sister a discount shouldn't I?" I replied.

"And I'll thank you in her place." He smiled.

"It's not a problem at all."

"I understand that this is your first appearance together with Mr. Luckwaldt tonight, don't you think this calls for some attention?"

"Oh no," I told him. "We aren't here to steal your spot light."

"Lily dear," Rex looked at me. "There's nothing wrong with spreading good news out to the world is there?" Mr. Miller laughed.

"He's right." He smiled softly. "Besides it's almost time for me to start the evening speech and I'll be sure to say something about you two, so if you'll excuse me." When he walked away to a safe distance Rex whispered into my ear.

"It's just damage control," He started, "You do want the image of your family selling you to me to change right? Don't you think we should change it into us being in love at least?" Rex has a point. My family already has a terrible reputation because of this bankruptcy and marriage for money. Tonight is the night to show the world that it's not what they think it is. I nodded in agreement and he smiled softly. Then we started walking towards his parents to greet them.

"Good evening Mr and Mrs. Luckwaldt," I started.

"Oh Lily," Mrs. Luckwaldt started, "You look lovely this evening."

"As do you Mrs. Luckwaldt." I smiled and she placed a gentle hand on me.

"Please Lily, we're going to be family soon so please just call me Carol." I nodded and Mr. Luckwaldt insisted me to call him by his first name as well, Terry.

"So I've just realized something," I started, "How come I've never seen your brother yet?" I asked Rex and he shrugged.

"You'll see him soon." He replied with a smile. I turned to Terry and Carol hoping that they'll give me a better answer than Rex but they simply smiled just like Rex did. Here I thought that Rex was mysterious, it seems like Jason Luckwaldt is a bigger mysterious than the rest of his family.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen," Mr. Miller was on standing behind a podium near the front of the banquet with a microphone in front of him. "Thank you all for taking some time off from your busy schedule to attend this party. I'm sure all of us are willing to discuss and propose several different projects ahead in the future but please do enjoy and relax once in awhile. We're not all made as a robot you know." The audience laughed a little. "This project of mine wouldn't be successful without the help of the Luckwaldt's and YNG & Company, thank you for everything. My future plans with Kingsley Enterprise will surely grow as well and you'll all see results within the year." Everyone started clapping but my heart started to beat loudly against my heart from the word Kingsley. I tried my best not to look in the general direction where Aiden was standing, but I made myself aware as to where he was the entire time.

"Oh and on a side note," Mr. Miller continued after the applause has died down. "I'll like to congratulate Mr. Luckwaldt and Ms. Starr on their engagement, I wish the both of you all the best." Everyone started clapping again but instead of having their attention on Eric, their attentions were on us. I was made aware of the piercing hazel eyes on me as well. "Don't you all think that the two new couple should share a kiss to show their love or something?" Mr. Miller exclaimed and my throat went dry while the crowd clapped and cheered.

PDA is clearly out of my comfort zone but I'll do what I can to change the image my family has to the general public. Rex stared at me and gently placed a hand against my cheek. I knew a kiss was coming and I prepared myself for the butterflies to erupt in my stomach. I closed my eyes just went our lips sealed together but I didn't get the feeling I was expecting. Sure there was an increase in my heart rate and Rex is definitely a good kisser, but the butterflies in my stomach didn't react. I was expecting to feel excited like a high school girl, just like when Rex first kissed me on the cheeks, but there was nothing. It wasn't the same as when I kissed Aiden, the need, the wanting of continue or even the warmth and softness of his lips. Rex pulled back after a few seconds and the crowd clapped with approval.

"Now isn't that a sweet thing to see before dinner?" Mr. Miller spoke into the microphone. "Well please ladies and gentlemen, have a seat as dinner with be served momentarily and I hope you all have a great evening." I scanned the crowd and they were all looking at us with a kind smile on their faces. Was that enough to make their views change about my family? I really do help that it is since I know for a fact that aside from connections, reputation is just as important to a company. I continued to scan the crowd and I realized a familiar pair of hazel eyes was nowhere to be seen.

(-)

The rest of the evening was uneventful and proceeded smoothly. I thanked my upbringing when it comes to social parties like these and I thanked myself for spending all the necessary time to study about my sister's life too. Soon after the dinner started, I became aware of Aiden's presence again but I never once felt his eyes on me either. I was actually more comfortable with that since I know Aiden doesn't really think all too well about Lily and nor does Lily think about him, they practically hate each other.

"How can someone be as pretty as you are?" A girl name Ashley stated. "I can't wait until your clothing line launches!"

I thanked her but soon I became absentminded because I haven't seen Rex in awhile. He had disappeared awhile ago and I had no idea where he went, but I'm sure he was probably talking to another businessman or something like that since I got dragged away from other female attendees.  I scanned the rest of the crowd and I realized that Aiden was nowhere to be seen as well. Then it dawned on me, they can't possibly be together right? I didn't want to scare myself so I politely excused myself to search for Rex.

The banquet was crowded with people but with a quick scan around, I knew that they weren't in here anymore. I pushed opened the door to the banquet and wandered around the lobby and corridors. It was quiet everywhere and I've only encountered a handful of people as they walked around as well. Just as I was reaching the end of the corridor, I saw them standing in front of a giant window with their hands shoved in their pockets. I gasped softly and plastered myself against the wall and hidden away from them. I was thankfully that they had their backs to me but I didn't even know why I was hiding. Eavesdropping is terrible but as much as I want to walk away I was also curious as to what they're talking about. I turned my body and leaned my shoulder against the wall to listen to their conversation more closely.

"Isn't it all just a game to you?" Rex spoke.

"No, not anymore." Aiden's voice was low and threatening and Rex laughed.

"Really? You were the one that stepped into this and turned it into a game. You know none of this would have happened if you didn't stick your nose into someone else's business Aiden."

"Don't say my name so casually, I don't consider you a friend or even acknowledge you as a human being." Aiden growled.

"Oh come on Aiden, weren't we close before?" Rex chuckled, "I mean you, Hailey and me, we were best friends weren't we?" I was shocked at what I was hearing. Aiden and Rex were friends before? But I thought that Aiden and Rex's brother had a history together, what does Rex have anything to do with their relationship? And Hailey? They're talking about the Hailey I know as well right?

"Shut up and stop all of this!" Aiden threatened.

"Or else what?" Rex taunted him.  "Don't they hate you Aiden? You've always been such a cold and stubborn man that even your approach to them was so you." He chuckled. "And since I know you so well, I wasn't even surprised that you decided to stick your nose into it! To be honest it was quite fun watching how irritated you are."

"You're a bastard." Aiden growled. "What are you trying to do? What are you trying to do to her? Do you think I'll let you do the same as you did to Hailey?!" What?! What did Rex do to Hailey?

"What happened with Hailey was years ago and what I'm doing now isn't what you think." Rex replied, "Everything I'm doing now is to help my brother and you know very well how much he means to me. But I believe you are fully aware of everything I do don't you?"

"Like hell I do you bastard." Rex chuckled.

"I don't think there's anything you can do without telling the trurth. Lily and Rose-"

Suddenly someone grabbed me from behind and covered my mouth to conceal my voice. I was being dragged away from Aiden and Rex and all of a sudden I was in the emergency stairway. My attacker released me and I quickly turned around to attack him but I stopped when I realized it was Luke. I relaxed my tensed body when I saw him but really, what the hell is going on?

"Luke?!" I exclaimed. "What the hell were you doing?!"

"It's best that you didn't hear what they were going to say." He replied and I gasped. Rex mentioned my name and Lily's just before Luke decided to attack me. But I was too distracted by the sudden attack that I didn't get to hear the rest of Rex's sentence. What about Lily and me?! What the hell do they know that I didn't?!

"What? Do you know what's going on?!"

"I am his right hand man Rose-I mean Ms. Starr."

"Ms. Starr again?! I told you to call me Rose!" I exclaimed. "Luke what the hell is going on?!"

"Are you sure you want me to call you Rose?" He asked and I arched an eyebrow because I didn't have a clue why he asked me that. He continued to stare at me as if his question was a serious one. "I believe you should look at that ring on your finger Ms. Starr." I did as he told me and I gasped.

Shit, fuck, shit! I'm Lily! I'm here as Lily not Rose! Shit, shit, shit! I screamed at myself and I felt the world against me. I stumbled a little bit until I was leaning against the wall in the stairway. This is not happening, no, no, no it can't be! I slipped up because of Luke's sudden attack and my mind was too busy wondering what the hell Aiden and Rex were talking about because it concerned me and my sister!

"Don't tell Aiden about this." I muttered. "How did you know it was me?" Luke stared at me for a moment before he shrugged his shoulders.

"Lily Starr wouldn't possibly know my name and the way you reacted just now was very...Rose like I presume?" My lips thinned.

"Look please keep it a secret from Aiden, I can't have him finding out that I'm pretending to be Lily." I begged him.

"And why's that? What about your relationship with him? You two have been getting pretty close from what I see as an outsider."

"Whatever I have with Aiden, that's all it'll ever be." I told him the truth, there was no point of hiding anymore. "I've decided to continue to live my life as Lily and marry Rex Luckwaldt. I'll be ending things with Aiden very soon. But please keep this a secret Luke, I trust you enough to tell you this so please."

"Rose please reconsider what you're going to do." Luke's eyes were begging me but I fought against my own consciences.

"Luke, I have been thinking about it for a long time but this is what I've chose."

"But Rose, what about Aiden? You may have only known him for a span of two months but you've changed him considerably. He's become a whole new person the moment you stepped into his life."

"I don't have that big of an impact on someone Luke."

"Believe me, you do and you've changed him." Luke argued. "I've been with him since forever and I know what kind of man Aiden is. If I could describe the past Aiden, he would be lifeless, a robot, someone who's constantly strict on himself, and a cold stubborn bastard. But when you stepped into his life, he became someone who could care for other, shown compassion to others, and above all he can actually smile." It hurts to hear something like that coming out of Luke's mouth when we don't even speak much. But with a simple smile, a few small talks and greeting with our eyes, I could tell that Luke is a good man.

"And what about the conversation they were having out there?" I asked, changing the topic."Why did you step in so that I didn't hear what they were going to say?"

"I'm not supposes to say anything."

"I've told you so much because I've trusted you Luke. But you can't even answer that one question I ask?"

"Rose really, I do want to tell you but it's not my place to tell you what's going on between them. But the reason why I didn't want you to hear it is because of Aiden."

He has his reasons to refuse to answer but what I've told him can never be retaken back. I understand that there are secrets he needs to keep for Aiden and I didn't want to make it difficult for Luke because he is a good man. Besides I really don't want to put him in a difficult spot.

"Do you promise not to tell Aiden about this? About me pretending to be Lily or about me hearing what I've heard and what we talked about here?" I asked and he nodded.

"I promise." I nodded and smiled kindly at him.

"I understand that you probably have you reasons to not answer me. I'm sorry I was so persistent about it Luke. But just like you, there are things I need to protect and there are things that only I can do. That is why I've decided to continue to be Lily and marry Rex. I know that I might end up hurting myself or hurting Aiden because of this but if I had to choose between Aiden or my family, my family is more important than he is." Luke stared at me but he eventually gave up and acknowledged my opinion. "Thank you Luke and when the time comes, please tell him I'm sorry." I told him before I walked confidently back to the banquet as Lily Starr.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 39.7K 39
She was a beauty to behold. Never stepping out of house, her grandparents provided everything after her tragic past. But what if her past is catching...
3K 205 32
"Why didn't you fight them?" I asked her, not believing she just stood there doing nothing, the girl I knew was so daring that she did not need savin...
13.5K 655 73
"and what if someday I went away from you" sofia asked teasingly " one can never stay alive without their soul and... you are my soul " Kevin hugged...
62.6K 2.9K 24
"Roses are red , violets are blue ...only if love was true .. !" These are the words she will often write down in her diary pages after pages. Durin...