𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘵𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘭𝘰𝘢𝘵𝘴...

By softlyiridescent

❝ Crazy how fast a rootbeer float could bring two people together, huh? ❞ ∘◦ ミ☆ ◦∘ IN WHICH ramona garcía f... More

Rootbeer Floats
Mixtape
Epigraph
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven

Chapter Four

17K 469 360
By softlyiridescent

Chapter Four:
Just Like Jonathan
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"This is Lucas. Do you copy? Dustin?" Lucas's voice crackled through the radio as Ramona grimaced at the sight of the bloody meat.

"What, weak stomach, García? Don't you work with this stuff all the time?" Steve teased, causing Ramona to roll her eyes as she shoved him gently.

"Whatever, Harrington. I don't cook the stuff, I put the stuff on the table." Ramona defended, throwing her hands up.

Steve chuckled, "I'm sorry Dustin got you into this shit."

"Will did, actually. I used to babysit him when Jonathan couldn't." Ramona zipped up her jacket to conserve warmth.

Steve's mood seemed to drop at the sound of his name.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll explain later. Just meet me, Steve, and Ramona at the old junk yard." Dustin explained, "And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket!"

"Steve? Steve Harrington? With Ramona?" Lucas's shocked voice crackled through.

"All right, let's go." Steve said, slamming downtl the trunk.

"Shot gun!" Ramona shouted, "Sorry, Dusty roads, but it's my turn." She snickered as she walked forward and got into the front seat of Steve's car.

"Ugh, fine. But just be there, stat! Over and out." Dustin said, pressing a button on his headset. "Why can't I have shot gun?"

Ramona turned around in her seat, a playful grin on her face as she watched Dustin strap in. "Because I called dibs."

~~

"This is the weirdest fuckin' thing I've ever done in my entire life." Ramona muttered to herself, throwing small chunks of raw meat onto the train tracks.

"All right, so let me get this straight.." Steve said, glancing over at Ramona as he side stepped so that she wouldn't fall off the tracks. "You kept something that you knew was probably dangerous in order to.. impress some girl you just met?"

"All right, that's grossly oversimplifying things." Dustin shook his head.

"I don't know, Dusty roads, sounds pretty.. right to me." Ramona shrugged, her dark hair falling into her eyes.

"I mean why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?"

"I know I wouldn't." Ramona shook her head, "Sounds.. real fuckin' slimy."

"An interdimensional slug? Because it's awesome."

"Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didnt, I-I just.. I just feel like you're trying way too hard, man."

"Well, not everyone can have your perfect, all right?" Dustin said sadly, looking down at his feet.

"The key with girls is just.. acting like you don't care." Steve said, causing Ramona to scoff from beside him.

"Even if you do?"

"Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts." Steve continued. Ramona shook her head, feeling that if she rolled her eyes once more today she'd go blind.

"Then what?"

"You just wait until, uh, until you feel it."

"Feel what?" Dustin's face showed confusion as he looked back at Steve.

"It's like  before it's gonna storm, you know? You can't see it, but you can feel it.. Like this, uh, electricity, you know?" Steve looked over at Ramona.

"Harrington, deja de describir la tensión sexual a Dustin. Mal." Ramona muttered, shaking her head in utter annoyance.

"Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmosphere-"

"No, no, no, no, like a.. like a sexual electricity."

Ramona laughed, "Follando perfecta."

"Oh." Dustin's mouth fell open, the piece of meat he held in his hand slipping out.

"You feel that and then you make your move."

"This is the shittiest advice I've ever heard."

"So, that's when you kiss her?" Dustin ignored Ramona's comment, continuing his discussion with Steve.

"No, woah, woah, woah. Slow down, Romeo!"

"Sure, okay, some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggressive. You know, strong, hot and heavy.. like a.. I don't know, like a lion."

"Like a lion?" Ramona hummed, pursing her lips and nodding her head. "Mierda."

"But others, you gotta be slow! You gotta be stealthy.. like a-"

"Like a ninja?" Ramona said, tilting her head. Her tone showed how unimpressed she felt from the conversation.

"Like a ninja!" He pointed at her.

"What type are you?" He looked over at Ramona.

"Oh, um.. Aggressive, I guess. But not the type Harrrington described. What he described was absolute garbage and should be thrown out the window to burn." Ramona shrugged, "I like confidence."

Dustin nodded his head, "Like Steve or like that asshole Hargrove?"

Steve paused momentarily, looking from Dustin to Ramona, waiting for her reaction. "Man-"

Ramona scoffed, "Ugh, neither. Girls don't like just one thing. I, for one, don't like just aggressive. Sensitive boys are awesome."

"Like Jonathan?"

Ramona paused, glancing over at Steve. "I mean.. I guess so. But I don't like Jonathan. Not anymore, we were better of as friends.. So it's not like that anymore."

Dustin nodded again, "So.. aggressive but.. not too aggressive."

"That's just me, but yes. But Harrington's advice was complete garbage that should be set on fire-"

"Yeah, yeah, you said that." Steve rolled his eyes. "It wasn't bad advice."

"It should be burned. Anyway, just be yourself, man. Spend time getting to know her."

"What type is Nancy?"

"Dustin, no." Ramona shook her head quickly, "Don't-"

"Nancy's different. She's different than other the girls." Steve quickly defended his ex.

"Yeah, she seems pretty special, I guess."

"Yeah, yeah, she is." Steve smiled to himself, looking down at his feet.

Ramona couldn't help but nod along, even if she broke Steve's heart.

"But.. this girl's special, too, you know. It's just, like, something about her."

"Woah, woah, woah. Hey, hey, hey." Steve spoke quickly, causing Dustin to stop and turn to face him.

"What?"

"You're not falling in love with this girl, are you?"

"Uh.. No, no." Dustin shook his head quickly.

"Okay, good. Don't."

"I won't."

"She's only gonna break your heart, and you're way too young for that shit." An awkward silence fell over the three as Ramona cleared her throat, turning her head to look at the woods.

"Fabergé." Steve said, changing the subject.

"What?"

"Bet it's his hair stuff."

Steve pointed a gloved hand to his hair, causing Ramona to nod in satisfaction because she was right. "It's Fabergé Organics."

"Ha! Fucking knew it."

"Use the shampoo and conditioner and when your hair's damp, it's not wet, okay? It's damp, you do four puffs of the Farrah Fawcett spray."

Ramona cleared her throat, trying to conceal the laugh.

"Farrah Fawcett spray?" At the sound of Dustin's voice, Ramona couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Yeah, Farrah Fawcett spray." He poked Dustin in the chest, "You tell anyone I just told you that and your ass is grass. You're dead, Henderson. Do you understand? That goes for you, too, García. Stop laughing."

She stopped in the tracks, laughter spilling from her lips as Steve turned to her, clearly unamused.

"Farrah Fawcett? Wow."

"I mean, she's hot."

~~

"Fucking finally! We've been walking for hours!" Ramona said, sighing in relief.

"Oh, yeah, yeah. This will do." Steve and Ramona began walking forward, leaving Dustin at the front. "Good call, dude."

Ramona dumped the remaining meat in her bucket onto the ground.

"I said medium well!" Lucas's voice caused her to turn around and wave to him.

"Who's that?" Steve looked confused as he saw the unfamiliar face.

"That's the girl, dumbass." Ramona scoffed, "Obviously."

"Oh.." Ramona nodded sarcastically, walking forward to greet them.

"H-" Lucas was harshly pulled away by Dustin, causing the girl, Ramona assumed it was the Max that Will had mentioned before, to roll her eyes.

"Dumbasses." Ramona and Max spoke at the same time. Max turned her head to look at her, her lips curving up in a tiny smile.

Ramona nodded to herself, pulling off the gloves and dropping them in the bucket beside her feet. "Oh, yeah. You and I are gonna get along just great."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

{ Word Count: 1327 }

{ A/n: no one:
Ramona: burn it burn it burn it burn it burn it and stomp on it. }

{ Translations: Harrington stop describing sexual tension to Dustin badly, fucking perfect, bullshit,}

{ Edited: No }

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 10.3K 44
DISCONTINUED "Hey, Jackie, can we talk one ten to another?" "You're a seven, but continue." Steve Harrington x OC Post Season 1 - Season 3
3.6K 121 22
stranger things seasons one, two, three, and four eventual steve harrington x fem! oc stranger things x two oc's ongoing - SLOW UPDATES © voidvaleska
95.5K 1.9K 37
'and i can still see it all in my mind... all of you, all of me, intertwined. i once believed love would be black and white, but it's golden.' Samira...
178K 2.6K 76
For Olivia Hargrove, her life felt like a ferris wheel. Sometimes she was up, and other times she was down but what she needed to learn was to enjoy...