Wanderer 2.0, Book 1 Of The W...

By StAl2LiGhT

She was everything they never expected. Regal and mysterious, Callaia Sosa was more than they bargained for... More

Callaia's AI Art
Vote Results
An Unexpected Introduction
An Even More Unexpected Meeting
1• Lily, Inbound
2• The Garden of Vipers
3• A Bitter Affair
5• Have Mercy on My Soul
6• Spy Versus Spy
7• Still Your Little Girl
Reader Opinion
On why i havent written ⚠️ TRIGGERING
8• One Hell of a Pilot
9• Arrogance
10• United
11• It's Been A Long, Long Time
12• The Cat's Meow
13• This is Who We Are
14 • This is How We Are
Book 2: Russia Synopsis and Teaser

4• The Commander

3.7K 181 188
By StAl2LiGhT

WARNING ⚠️
THE PROTAGONIST IS A SMOKER AND IS OF LEGAL AGE. DO NOT TAKE THIS AS A COOL HABIT TO COPY OR TRY.  I AM IN NO WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM CONDONING SMOKING CIGARETTES. TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO FUCKED UP AND CAN'T QUIT.  NOT WORTH IT.

🌐

"Alpha, this is Gamma speaking. The Commander is ready to rumble. I repeat, the Commander is ready to rumble. Gamma is observing, out of sight, out of mind."

"Thank you Gamma, Alpha on standby. Keep me posted on The Commander's progress."

"Roger that, Alpha."

🌐

DowntownSavannah

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚀𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚝 𝙱𝚊𝚛 & 𝙶𝚛𝚒𝚕𝚕

𝟹:𝟹𝟶 𝚙.𝚖.

I lean against the brick wall in the narrow alley beside The Quartet Bar & Grill. My legs are crossed at the ankles, standing over a foot away from the wall which causes my back to arch. My left hand holds my right wrist, a lit cigarette hanging limply from the fingers.

"Do you copy, Commander?" Alec whispers in my left ear piece.

My lips slowly pull into a smirk. Completely at ease, I slowly lift the cigarette to my lips and take a hit. The mint smoke caresses my tongue on the way in and kisses my lips seductively on the way out.

"Stop calling me that, Alec." I say huskily, eyes watching the people walk by the opening to the alley without sparing me a glance.

"You know the drill. Code names for personal use, military for missions. You're The Commander," Alec recites diplomatically.

I snort and push off the wall, flicking the cigarette at the brick after taking one last hit.
"What's the target's position?"

"In his office, on the phone. Ideal time to slip in for a drink."

I chuckle, strutting my way into a group of passerby's and weaving my way through them, " You know, what? I think I'll do just that."

Alec only chuckles softly in response and continues clacking away at the monitors. I barely get halfway to the entrance when a man shoulders me. I grunt and stumble, spinning around to glare at him. He just keeps walking leaving me with only a rear view of him.

His dark hair is short and looks to be slicked back like an old school mobster from the twenties. His white button up is tucked into black slacks, black suspenders holding them up. His neck is covered in tattoos, going up like a turtleneck to his chin and hairline. I even see Russian lettering curling up and behind his ears, which instantly puts me on alert.

He looks over his shoulder at me, a naughty smirk on his lips as he spins a toothpick between his teeth with tatted fingers. It's hard to tell the color of his eyes in the bright sunlight, but they remind me of aged paper - pale ivory with a slight beige tinge.

I wrinkle my nose at him and turn back around.

"Everything okay?"
"I don't know," I whisper, trying not to move my lips too much. "Try to get an I.D. on that guy from Dec."
"On it, Commander."

I swear to god, if the Russians are already onto us before we've even begun our investigation, I'm going to scream bloody murder. He could just be a prick trying to flirt, but he could also be following me. Immediately, my mind goes back to the airport this morning.

The cheeky blonde. The guy with heterochromia. The carrot top. The giant Eeyore. Axel Toma. Last, but not least, the princely man who kissed my hand by the cars.

Axel also appeared at the party, which means they know where I live whoever they are. There was a blonde ducking around a corner as we were leaving and now, this tatted asshole.

I've got a bad feeling about this. They're too obvious, taunting me in plain sight. Which means they aren't afraid or concerned about being caught out like that.

"God damn it," I curse under my breathe.
"You good?"
"Fucking fabulous," I snarl.

I do not have time for this shit. Something is up with Paw, my team is a hot mess right now, Russia is becoming a pain in my ass, and now I have a team of men following me. With my luck lately, it's probably competing bounty hunters seeking a price put on my head.

At the door, I brush that all away and smile flirtatiously at the bouncer who looks like his I.Q. is on par with a sea cucumber. He raises a brow at me as if he could care less, " I.D.?"
I pull out the fake from my clutch and hold it out for him, making sure to graze my fingers on the back of his hand as he takes it from me. I just hope it's enough to distract him from looking too closely at my faux identification card. Those things are rarely more than passable even through the black market.

He looks between me and the card, over and over again, as if trying to find some difference between the photo and little ole me. He finally raises a brow and locks on my face," New Hampshire? You're a long way from home."

I chuckle huskily, " Thankfully. I needed to get away from my ex. Divorce is such an ugly affair, don't you agree?"
He huffs, handing me back my identification, " Wouldn't know. Behave yourself in there Miss Seymour."

I wink as I pass by him, " I'm always well behaved."

I hear Alec snorting in my ear. I'd retort, but I can't afford to give away my intentions.
"If you're well behaved, I'd hate to see you showing your ass."

I grin secretly as I make my way to the bar. Taking a bit of a risk, I mumble, " It's quite the sight."

Inside The Quartet, is a dark ensemble. The walls are very dark wood as is the seating and bar. Low lighting gives an ambience of secrecy I'm sure works in favor of ill intentioned customers who are sneaking in to conduct illegal business or to meet up with a secret lover. There's only two waiters on the floor, a couple of people spread about, and a single bartender who's easy on the eyes. His long blonde hair is tied back in a low hanging tail, his blue eyes dull with boredom, his white button up barely half fastened.

He's polishing a glass mindlessly when I sit myself at the bar a little ways down. Close enough to listen in, far enough to be out of sight for the most part. I grunt when my dress rides up my hips. I just knew this dress would be a pain in my ass. After trying and failing to wiggle it back down, I give up and knock on the bar.

The bartender looks over at me, revealing his name tag - William. I put on a sultry smile, " Be a dear and pour me a vodka, would you William?"

He nods solemnly, setting the glass he's been polishing on the bar.
"On the rocks?" He asks. I nod, resting my chin of the back of my hand. William throws the ice in and reaches for a bottom shelf liquor.
"Top shelf."

His lip twitches as if he's trying not to growl. Tossing the bottom shelf vodka back on the shelf so hard it clatters noisily, he snatches the most expensive brand in sight and makes eye contact with me. I smirk, slightly amused he thinks he's made a point. That suits me just fine. I'd rather not have a cheap buzz that'll give me a hangover in the morning.

He sets the poured vodka in front of me on a napkin and holds out his hand, " Are you setting up a charge?"
I smile slowly and sit back in my seat. His eyebrow twitches as I oh-so-slowly dig around in my purse and pull out a twenty," Keep the change."

He takes it with a nod, his mood suddenly much more agreeable. Who says money can't buy happiness? At the very least, it buys me peace and quiet. The two go hand in hand in my humble opinion.

I sit leisurely in the barstool, one elbow propped up on the back as I gaze around. My eyes take in a peculiar group in a dark corner. I make eye contact with the familiar dual eyed rockstar as I sip my drink. He smirks boyishly and looks away, trying to hide his smile from me behind his hand.

Another problem I'll be dealing with later. I don't believe in coincidences and there's been far too many today.

I move along, trying to keep in mind my little entourage is now a variable in anything I do tonight. If I had any sense I'd leave immediately and send another agent in. I'm obviously a risk here. Just as I'm about to get up and leave, an opportunity appears that is just too tempting to ignore.

A beautiful girl with fire red hair in a bob bursts into the place with a nasty scowl on her lovely face. Eyes like earth and skin like snow, she ensnares the attention of every patron within the walls of The Quartet.

I sip away at my vodka, nonchalantly looking about the place still as if her entrance doesn't phase me in the slightest. However, I keep an ear out as she snarls like a rabid wolf at William. Now William comes across as a man who really could care less about the dramatics of a young woman. It's incredibly interesting though that I overhear him speaking just as passionately to her.

"Damn him. Damn him to hell, Will!" She says while slapping her hands on the bar. William hushes her, looking around the bar discreetly before leaning in to whisper vehemently, " Old Mr. Wickens at it again?"

Color me intrigued. My lips curl around the glass, feeling very much like a cat that found the cream. I love amateurs. They're so easy to ensnare. This is exactly the sort of news that'll make my wearisome day, bright and glorious.

"That rotten bastard is refusing to let me be a part of the side business. Just because I'm a girl, he thinks I'm incapable! I'll show him and my brothers!" She whispers, but not really. I've heard toddlers attempt at whispering better.
"Okay, okay, calm down. We'll figure it out. They're letting me help with a shipment this weekend. I'll try to talk to them."

There's a few more niceties exchanged before he heads to the back to take stock of the liquor in storage. The girl sits on a stool three down from my own, guzzling down the rum and coke like it's evaporating before her eyes.

Cool as a winter chill, I turn back around in my seat, propping my elbow  on the back and set my glass back on the bar with intent. The noise it makes catches her attention, causing her brown eyes to peer at me through the curtain of her fire engine hair. I pull my cigarettes out of my clutch and the gold zippo, lighting a cigarette dangling from between my lips.

I tuck away my things in my clutch, taking my sweet time fastening it, before taking the cigarette from my mouth to blow out smoke, " This place is such a bore, don't you think?"

The girl sits up straight in her seat and fully turns her attention to me, eyes wide," Pardon? Are you talking to me?"
I tilt my head towards her lazily, a sultry dangerous smile pulling at my lips, " Who else?"

She just stares at me, gobsmacked. Her French manicure traces the glass anxiously as she takes me in little by little. I look away, feigning nonchalance, " Here I was, hoping to find a little excitement while running away from my prick of a husband, and instead I land at this shit hole of all places."

She smiles a bit, tucking her hair behind her ear, " Oh boy, what's the story there?"
Hook and sinker.

Blowing out more smoke, I sigh in exasperation, " The bastard cheated on me with my sister of all people. Now they're off on a cruise and trying to take me for every penny in his bank account. Lousy, all of them."
She scoffs in disgust, " Ugh, that's just wrong. How are men such egotistical pigs and yet have managed to hold all the power for years?"

I shrug, " Beats me."

I leave it at that, letting the still air sit a while, letting it make her uncomfortable. Leaning my head back with my eyes closed, I portray a woman who is unconcerned with her surroundings. I'm playing the devil's game here and countermoves are dire.

"I know how you feel."
I open one eye, peaking at her curiously," Do you?"
She chuckles without humor and gets up from her seat. The red haired beauty walks towards my stool, gesturing towards the empty one just beside me," May I?"

I smirk and look away, taking a hit from my cigarette, " I don't see why not."

She sits down, running her hands down the back of her pencil skirt as she does. She turns to me with a mischievous glimmer in her eyes and holds out her hand, " Eliza Wickens, by the way."

I almost purr aloud I'm so elated. How lucky of me to stumble across a hidden treasure like this - a scorned daughter trying to be apart of an obviously shady business - my day just might turn around after all.

I take her hand, squeezing it a bit with a half assed shake, " Nina Seymour."
I drag my fingers away lazily, testing the waters. The spark that alights in her irises tells me all I need to know.

She lowers her chin while tucking her red hair behind her ear, practically trying to devour me with her eyes.
"My damn father treats me like shit. He lets my three brothers delve into the family business as much as they want, but he's old fashioned when it comes to women. I'm not allowed to participate."

She rolls her eyes distastefully at her glass, angrily stirring her drink with the tiny black straw.
I put more of my weight on the elbow that hangs over the back of my chair and look towards the bar shelving. Nonchalantly, after taking another hit from my cigarette, I murmur, " Men are fools to underestimate a beautiful woman."

She smiles slyly at me from under her lashes, " Beautiful?"

My lips curl in the corner. I hide it by focusing on William who just came back from the stockroom and wave him down lazily. He looks at me with a glare before trailing his eyes over to Eliza. He walks over to us and raises a brow at me in question. I smirk, raising my glass by the rim and churn it in the air. The ice clinks against the glass as I speak, " Another if you would."

I peer over at Eliza, eyes gleaming like a predator finding a tasty rabbit, " For her as well. We'll be here a while."

Eliza's earthy eyes light up at me. William looks at her now with an inquiring glower. She nods at him, " Keep them coming, too."

🌐

DowntownSavannah

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚀𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚝 𝙱𝚊𝚛 & 𝙶𝚛𝚒𝚕𝚕

𝟷𝟶:𝟺𝟶 𝚙.𝚖.

I laugh, leaning sideways in my chair until I fall against her shoulder. Both of us are covering our mouths to hide our boisterous laughter from the now slam packed bar. Eliza's cheeks are prettily flushed, her eyes glazed over from all the drinks she's downed. I'm not much better, realizing a little too late I'd maxed out. It's rare it sneaks up on me like that. Drinking contests with Hennessy and Declan have undoubtedly made my tolerance near superhuman, but I still have limits.

Sipping on water the last hour has definitely helped sober me up a bit. My mind is becoming more focused and my tongue doesn't feel quite so heavy. Alec has been snickering in my ear for the last three hours, amused beyond belief that he gets to listen to me drunkenly flirt like this. I'll never hear the end of this. I can hear it now - the night Callaia got sloppy drunk and flirted her way through a mission.

Fortunately, Eliza has continued downing her rum and coke even when I began requesting water myself. She's been giving me bedroom eyes since about six, petting my arm and leaning into my personal space nonstop. I encourage it with sultry smiles and sly lines.

Women are a treat I like to indulge in on occasion, but I'm incredibly picky and they tend to be more clingy than men after sex. It's fair to say I'm not finding it difficult to encourage her behavior unlike other women I've had to put on a show for. Let's just hope she won't be coherent enough to try to latch on. If I'm lucky, it won't even get that far.

"You're so beautiful, Nina," she slurs, practically falling against me to cup my cheeks in her clammy hands. Her eyes close as if she's about to fall asleep, which would be an absolute waste of the near seven hours spent trying to seduce her away from peering eyes. I need to act and quick or she'll face plant the bar.

Her forehead rests against my own. Her rum breath makes me want to gag, but I merely lay my chilled fingers over hers in encouragement. Her eyes flutter open, an adorably dopey smile on her lips. I smirk, eyeing her like she's a tasty gazelle.

I can barely understand her as she slurs out, " I've never seen anyone with hair like yours. Not naturally anyways. It makes you look near ethereal with your dark skin."
I chuckle as I grab her hands, tugging them and my face away so I can look her in the eyes, " That's the first time I've heard that."

She gasps, eyes bulging, " Nuhuh!"
I can't help but laugh under my breath. She's like a child when she drinks. I lean it and give her a smoldering look. Teasingly, I whisper, " Let's go somewhere more private."

She gets that dorky grin again and jumps off the barstool like a kid. Her heels slip out from under her though and I just barely snatch her arm in time to stop her from busting her ass.

Getting to my feet with far more steady steps, I pull her up straight and fix her wayward skirt, " Careful there."

She falls into my arms, throwing her own around my neck. I have to look up at her bit as she's a little taller than I am. She almost smashes our noses in her attempt to kiss me. I pull away with a smirk and snatch her by the chin, " Let me."

Eliza's eyelashes flutter flirtatiously as I grab her cheeks - to hopefully keep my nose out of harm's way - and bring her lips to my own. I graze them lightly against hers, tantalizing her under my spell in a slow seductive way. The more she leans into me, the more impatient I become.

I want a god damn nap. Fuck, fucking her.

Not even beautiful Eliza is enough to tempt me to stick around after the arduous week I've had. It's a damn shame I'm using her, else I'd leave her my number to reschedule. I think I'm developing a taste for redheads.

I lure her slowly, walking backwards while still teasing her lips. She pulls away to briefly giggle, deliriously drunk and giddy. I chuckle, lacing our fingers together and tug her towards the back hallway. Like dangling a tantalizing worm that hides a deadly hook, I urge her, feigning breathlessness, " Come. This way."

She bites her lip and clops like a horse behind me as I tug her more urgently towards the restrooms.

"Last door in the hallway. Can't miss it."

We're barely past the men's restroom when she snatches my shoulders and slams me against the wall. I let go of all inhibitions, needing to sell this properly to get to my objective, and let her grab my leg to wrap around her hip.

Our lips meld together, fingers tangling in each other's hair. She's a bit sloppy, hopefully only because she's drunk else that'd be a real downer, and tries to eat my lips off my face. I let her lead, pretending she's in control.

At least I was pretending until she latched onto my neck. I throw my head back with a breathy moan, yanking her closer to my neck by her beautiful fire hair.

A throat clears in my ear, but I barely hear Alec when he mumbles out ," Focus."

Fuck my life and my luck. She just had to be my target's daughter. I force myself to pull her away from continuing that lovely tongue thing she's doing against my carotid. She's panting, eyeing me hungrily with those earthy irises of hers. I smile, a real one this time," Not here."

She drops me and stumbles like a crazy person towards the girl's bathroom. I yank on her arm, catching her attention. Wrinkling my nose, I say, " Ew, not in there. Is there anywhere else we can go?"

"He left the office about an hour ago. You're clear to proceed."

She looks up and down the hallway wildly, before her eyes hone in on a red door at the end of the black hallway. I almost grin in victory when I see the decisive look on her face. I let her pull me down there, still keeping up with the facade that's she's in control tonight.

All part of the game, I think to myself with sly curling corners on my lips.
She lets go of my hand, only after fumbling with the keys in her clutch with one hand and failing to unlock the door. She's vibrating with urgency, snatching me inside as soon as she gets it open.

I barely have time to register the lock turning before she has me backed against the desk. I let her lift me onto the surface, let her yank my core into her thigh, let her do that lovely thing with her tongue on my neck again, but Alec yet again kills the mood. I growl, digging my fingers into her hair to keep her in place.

"Yeah, yeah. I already know. Vengeance shall be yours and all that nonsense."

I roll my eyes, simultaneously hitting the pressure point on her carotid. She drops like a sack of rocks and I just manage to catch her before she hits her head on the concrete floor. I sigh longingly at her unconscious form, " I actually liked that one."

Alec chuckles in my ear, " There'll be others."

I snort and strut over to the computer while tidying my now loose hair, " Just you wait, Alec. You'll get yours."
"I'm so scared."

I insert the hard drive, letting it do it's work while I scour the file cabinet in the corner. It's only then that I notice my dress skirt is pushed over my hipbones. "Huh," I say while fixing it.
"What is it?"

"She got further than I thought she did. Even my panties are askew."
I ignore his boisterous laughter, tugging open the top cabinet and flicking through it mindlessly. Im barely paying attention to what I'm skimming through, more than aware that the computer will more than likely have everything we'll need on it. Hard copies are tangible threats to secrecy that are harder to dispose of than merely clicking a few options on a screen.

"Alpha wanted me to tell you that the new recruit was successful with Delta's mission, by the way. Alpha also wanted to pass along that he was indeed correct and Delta has some choice words for you when he talks to you next."

I smirk to myself, " Tell Alpha that Delta can kiss my heathen ass."
"Copy that, Commander. Alpha has confirmed that Delta shall indeed be alerted that he has permission to kiss his Commander's arse." Alec wryly drolls out.

A whirring sound like a plane taking off, comes from the computer. I slam the cabinet closed while looking over my shoulder, noting the flashing green light at the edge of the flash drive. "Retrieval complete, Gamma. Alert Alpha that the Commander is initiating evanescent protocols immediately."

"Roger, Roger, Commander. Alpha has been notified. Proceed with caution."

I chuckle under my breath as I tuck the hard drive between my boobs right next to the lipstick gun and step over the one-that-got-away. "Now where's the fun in that, Gamma?" I purr while pressing my ear to the door, hand reaching between my thighs to pet the mini revolver holstered in my garter. Apparently, Eliza had been too drunk to realize I was packing between the legs.

I'm immediately on alert when voices whisper angrily on the other side of the door. There's too many to distinguish the numbers, the plethora of voices practically running together in an incomprehensible cluster. All I can dissect from the little I can make out, is that at least two parties are involved and neither are happy with each other.

"What's going on, Gamma?" I whisper, losing all humor as my mind zeros in on the impending storm awaiting me outside.
"One second."
"I don't have one second." I warn as the voices grow in volume, violence seemingly imminent.
"There's approximately seven men just outside arguing."

I raise a brow, taking my revolver off safety but leaving it in the garter for now, " Approximately?"
"Ehhh...there's a lot of commotion. It's kind of hard to tell exactly. It looks like there's four of them trying to get to your location and the three or so blocking your door are keeping them away. Can you leave another way?"

I curse under my breath, looking around the room for a possible secondary exit. " Negative."
I double back to the unconscious female sprawled on the floor and am hit with an idea.
"Tell Alpha, I'm so sorry in advance."

I grab Eliza by the ankles and drag her to the desk.
Alec groans miserably in my ear," Oh no. Not again."

🌐

DowntownSavannah

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚀𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚝 𝙱𝚊𝚛 & 𝙶𝚛𝚒𝚕𝚕

𝟷𝟷:𝟶𝟾 𝚙.𝚖.

I stumble out of the red door, giggling into my hand madly as if I'm stupid drunk. I make sure the door slams into the wall of the office, revealing Eliza spread eagle on her father's desk. I had ripped her buttons undone, yanked up her skirt to her waist, and left lipstick on her neck. A few adjustments to my hair, a little lipstick smear on the corner of my mouth, half my skirt riding up my hip and I dare say it looks like my night went way better than it really did to the eight men gaping at me.

The first three aren't worth much to note personally. They're typical body guard stereotypes that make me want to roll my eyes. Not a one has hair longer than an eighth of an inch and all wear full black attire as if it'll help them blend into the shadows or something. William takes point, holding a semiautomatic handgun right at one of my stalker's heads.

It's the remaining four that set off alarms and have my skin prickling in apprehension. First, I lock eyes with the gobsmacked duel eyed fiend who's been stalking me since I landed back in Savannah. It's unmistakably him. That same ear length dark hair styled roguishly like a rockstar's, and those same eyes of different colors.

To his left is the most massive man I've ever seen and I work with the human tank himself. Hennessy has nothing on this brute. He's near seven feet tall, bulging with massive muscles that come naturally instead of the cut muscles of a body builder. His dark eyes watch me curiously yet warily, both fathomless and warm all at once. His hair is so black there's a subtle blue sheen to it, gleaming in the dim lighting as the ends tickle his forehead. His skin is actually darker than my own, similar to Axel's in that way. Whereas mine is more golden, theirs leans towards a bronze color like tanned leather.

On the rockstar's right is a lean man with controlled muscles and startling blue eyes that narrow on me irritably. His chestnut hair falls in stylish razored layers like some scene kid with two nearly white blonde streaks in front of both his ears and a third striking through his side fringe bangs that nearly hide his eyes from sight. His left ear has three black hoops lining the top edge and five piercings going up the bottom. An industrial piercing goes through the top right ear, five studs also on the bottom. His lips have snake bites and his tongue is pierced. I can see as it flickers about in his mouth like he wants to curse me out but is holding back. His left arm has an interesting tattoo sleeve that ends at his collar bone. The forearm is a beautifully designed starry sky with interestingly placed constellations that seem self invented. Smoke seductively billows at the bottom, coming from a wood fire underneath amongst silhouetted fir trees. The scenes underneath are even more interesting - like cave drawings of men acting out particular scenes obviously important to him alone. Along his chest just under his collarbones are the massive words in old English font: Lament Only Regret.

To that guy's left is another familiar face I hadn't noticed though he'd definitely been at the table with the other three before. I remember him obviously, hard to forget the man who bulldozed right into one of the suits near me, but it'd been such a brief occurrence amongst several startling ones that he'd slipped through my thoughts easily enough.

A feat in itself looking at him. Whereas the giant has obviously natural muscles, this guy obviously works hard for his. He's borderline to being too ripped, bulging nearly out of the clothes pitifully trying to hold on for dear life to his chest. His short hair is auburn in color, much darker than Eliza's yet just as pretty. I'm suspecting a fetish of mine in the making. His blue eyes are completely on the other end of the spectrum to the crystal eyed scene kid beside him. His are deep and dark blue, like the violent yet subtle waves of the ocean that drag you into their violent currents within their depths.

A rockstar. A giant. An Irish hulk. A scene kid. Possibly a Russian on standby.

I plaster a grin on my face, though my cheeks begin to twitch from how forced it is, and pull out my lipstick gun and my compact.
"Oh, hello there! Don't mind me. I'll just touch up my face and be on my way," I slur all sugary sweet while twisting the lipstick one handed.

All of them blink at me, hilariously dumbstruck, as I fix my lipstick in my tiny mirror and give myself a wink once I'm done. I pretend I'm oblivious to the fact that the scene kid is being held at gunpoint by William the grumpiest bartender ever. I'm half tempted to let him shoot them and be on my merry way, but alas - innocent until proven guilty as I'm constantly reminded by Walt and Alec.

I attempt to walk towards them, compact and lipstick still held in my hands, and feign tripping right into the scene kid with rad tattoos. He grunts, cursing me to hell as he falls back into the wall, " What the fuck?"

Now that I'm at gunpoint and he's dusting off his scrawny ass, I turn towards William and batt my eyes in the most terribly attractive way I can muster," Oh hello there. I remember you! You make a damn good vodka on the rocks."

I giggle in a disgustingly ditzy way, pretending to hiccup into my palm. William sneers down at me in disgust, not even attempting to lower his gun from my face. "You're that slut that was flirting with Eliza all fucking night."

I really have to force myself from grinning wickedly. Someone's jealous. I swat at his arm playfully and shrill out, " Oh, you!"
Ugh, just gag me with a dick and let's call it a night already. If I have to keep this up any longer I'm going to make myself hurl, forget how uncomfortable I'm making my audience.

William actually flinches in disgust away from me. Be that way then, I mentally scoff. He jolts back into focus, pressing the gun into my nose. I go cross eyed looking down at it.
"Where the fuck is she? What did you do to Eliza," he bellows at me, spit shooting from his mouth and landing on my forehead.

I glower blandly at him, showing the ultimate restraint I can occasionally possess by not backhanding him into oblivion before plastering on an unconcerned smile, " Wouldn't you like to know."

He growls, a wild look flickering in his eyes. The gun smooshes my nose even more and I'm about half a second from blowing my cover and knocking his teeth out with that damn gun of his. "Where is she?!"

I toss my thumb over my shoulder, pointing with it to the office door," Sleeping off some damn good sex on the desk."

William shoves past me to see for himself that she's, in fact, okay. He shouldn't be so worried. It's a crime to ruin a face as pretty as Eliza's. I don't let him get that far, sticking my heeled foot out and tripping him. I don't even spare him a glance as I point my lipstick at the bouncer running at me and shoot. He falls to his knees, holding his ear while crying like a little pathetic baby.

William face plants the office door, which I hadn't latched shut, so he ends up falling right on in and face planting the floor immediately after. I lose my faux drunkenness and narrow my eyes dangerously on the three remaining meat heads.
Flicking my fallen locks over my shoulder, I reload my lipstick gun mindlessly while saying, " Now that the game has officially begun..."
I trail off and point the loaded lipstick at the bouncer standing front and center, " Who wants to go first?"

They seem unperturbed by my little weapon and all lunge at me simultaneously. I drolly mock them, " Dear god, it's like amateur night at a strip club."

The bouncer in the lead roars angrily, fist flying back like he plans to punch me. The audacity of the pricks, I swear. I side step his attempt, letting him fall to the floor like dear old William, and immediately throat punch the one right behind him. I look up, ready to go after the last one, but all I see is a nonexistent butt hauling it's nonexistent ass.

"Fuck." I curse. I need to evacuate ASAP. There's no doubt he's calling in backup, or the cops with my luck, and I've already reached the monthly quota of days I'm willing to spend in a jail cell. I'm far too pretty for jail I've learned the hard way.

Rustling comes from behind me and I immediately yank out my revolver from my garter and point it at the bouncer on the ground. Only I quickly realize he somehow knocked himself out when he fell and William has barricaded himself in the office with Eliza.

My eyes shoot up to the four, gun jerking to point at the rockstar's head. "You."
He jerks back, eyes wide as he points at himself," Me?"
"Yes, you." I turn my gun to the carrot top right after," And you. I remember you both from the airport. Who do you work for? Why are you following me? Are you bounty hunters?"

My voice leaves no room for argument. I'm dead serious, dead tired, and not in the mood for games. I knew better. I knew I should've left as soon as I suspected my status was compromised. Like a glutton at a buffet, I saw an opportunity and couldn't pass it up. Everything was too perfect to walk away from. The chances that I would've met with my target's scorned daughter while he just happened to be leaving, at another time are laughable at best.

These assholes have officially ruined my mission. We'll be lucky if the intel I recovered will be worth a damn after tonight. On top of which, now they'll know my face and that they're being watched. They'll learn, as all lucky amateurs do, and it'll be near impossible to stop this crime ring from forming before it's out of hand.

I'm fuming and more than trigger happy at the moment. They better have a damn good reason for following me or there's going to be a quadruple murder for the Wickens to have to deal with as well.

"Do I need to call in backup?"
"Not yet." I reply, not taking my furious gaze off the meat head with red hair.
Crystal eyes blinks at me in confusion, before his eyes dart to my ear and understanding takes its place. Surprisingly, it's him who raises his hands in surrender first which encourages the other three to copy him.

The most lovely melodious voice, unnaturally deep and husky, comes from his pretty mouth, " We're not bounty hunters. I promise. We mean you no harm."

I sneer, " I've heard that one before. Right before I was shot at."

His eyes twinkle with amusement, lips pulling into a smirk, " I'm seeing a pattern here."

I ignore him, focusing my gun on the largest of them - the dark skinned one who has kept calm throughout this whole shindig. I know I really shouldn't underestimate the other three, but this guy is unnaturally large. If they so much as sneeze, he's going down first.

I look him right in the eyes," You fucked tonight up majorly. I have half a mind to shoot you for that alone."
The giant's eyes soften and a deep teddy bear voice comes from his lips as he keeps one hand up and holds the other out for me like he expects a handshake. I eye his hand in mild shock, baffled he thinks I'd fall for that one.

"Silas Korba. You're Callaia Lilla Sosa. Age, twenty. Granddaughter to Ivan Sosa."

My eyes quiver in shock, not at all placated. In fact, I'm petrified. They know more than just where I live and my schedule. They appear to know more than I'm comfortable with. They know the person most important to me and for that - they must die.

Something metal presses into the back of my head before I can pull the trigger, the click of the safety on a gun vibrating into my ears.
"Drop it," comes a grumbly voice with an obvious Russian accent.

Calmly, I reply, " I'd rather not. It's already pointed at my head. Not much too lose either way at this point."

The barrel of the gun nudges my scalp, the cold bite of gunmetal making my skin tingle deliciously.
"Da. You're dead when I pull the trigger." The Russian husks into my ear.

His tone is deadly, taunting me like a single bullet in a seven chamber revolver. It sends chills down my spine, death just a taste away but neither of us know if the sinful roulette will take me today or if it'll give me another tomorrow. Something about this man has my soul flaring to life, roaring to meet his in a battle of wills. His dangerous touch calls out to my own like kindred spirits. Both of us rotten and toxic, poisonous to any who come too close.

I squeeze my thighs together, glaring hatefully at the Goliath as if it's his fault I'm so painfully turned on right now. To think I thought Eliza was a prize.

"Then do it." I dare him under my breath. He chuckles darkly right into my ear, his heated breath warming my pulse just beneath in humid billows.
His gun drags along my scalp, along my jaw. It pushes deeper against my jawbone as it makes its slow way to my pulse.

I have a sort of out of body experience as his lips press under my ear, the gun digging in until the blood flow is slowed down. It makes me dizzy. All I want is to crumble in his arms and let him possess me as he's been subtly threatening to do this entire time. He smirks against my skin, " Your little heart is racing, litso kukly."
His five o'clock shadow roughs my neck as he tilts his lips to the shell of my ear, " I love it when they fight."

"I'm calling in backup, Commander. Hold on."
The fog clouding my mind evaporates sensually away. I find myself smirking, noting how my body has subconsciously pressed itself against his own. He's tall, all strength and sex appeal. He even got my damn arm to lower my gun.

I answer both the Russian and Alec in one go, " That won't be necessary."
I feel it as the Russian jolts to life behind me, realizing too late his charms have faded away. Quick as lightening, I throw my head back and pop him in the chin. He grunts, throwing his head back.

I don't hesitate, knowing I have the briefest of windows to nail him before he stabilizes, and throw my elbow back into his throat. I spin around, gun pointed at his head just as his knees hit the ground. Our eyes lock angrily with one another - ice and aged paper, gunmetal and wrath.

My breath catches in my throat. Both of us gulp, unable to retaliate. He holds his throat but seems mainly unhindered. So either I missed my mark or he has the neck muscles of a freaking bear.

I become absolutely livid and it's not at him. I'm pissed at myself. This is the second time today some god forsaken man has unraveled my senses and it's really starting to tick me off. He doesn't realize this though, taking my snarling expression as a good reason to ready for a hit. Instead I kick his gun out of his hand and snatch it up before it flies away.

I point both guns at him to which he simply smirks devilishly up at me as he wipes the blood from his lips like it's something lewd - like he just kissed my body in its entirety and got a taste of something he really liked.
It pisses me off that I'm not actually pissed off.

Which is how my temper gets the better of me and I end of biting out like a drill Sargent, " I won't ask again! Who the fuck are you?"

The sinfully beautiful Russian gets to his feet, stalking towards me like he's about to eat me alive in the kind of way both of us will enjoy immensely. I swallow, trying to keep my hands steady, trying to keep my guns from trembling in my fingers.

He steps until the barrels of both press into his chest. There's absolutely no fear in his eyes as he stares down at me. His hand lifts towards my face and like an idiot with a death wish - I let him.

His rough fingers pick up a lock of my bangs and rub it between two of them as he huskily murmurs to me, " The name's Raven, litso kukly. And you can thank your gramps for us shitting on your day. He hired us."

The other four groan behind me. "God damn it, Raven! She's not suppose to know yet." The rockstar chides.
I narrow my eyes on him, " Bullshit. He wouldn't do that."

He grins down at me, " Marc."
The rockstar answers so I'm assuming that's his name, " Yeah?"
Raven pulls a toothpick out of his shirt pocket and takes off the wrapping. He finally gets to his point once the toothpick is being played with by his teeth.
"Tell Blackbourne and Axel, I'm in."

There's a bit of a ruckus behind us and I'm sure I should be on high alert that the three men Paw introduced me to today, seem to be in cahoots with these men, but his gaze has me captivated and unable to remember how to even breathe.

He chuckles, petting that lock of hair again, " And what may I call you? Callaia, perhaps?"

I point the gun I snatched off him to his head, "Commander to you."

Here I stand, with three strangers at my back and one with my gun to his head. I can feel it deep in my bones. I can feel that if I pull the trigger or if I didn't - the choice I make will decide everything.

Problem is, I don't know which choice is more terrifying to live with.

Regret or mercy?

🌐

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

339K 19.3K 150
An Academy fan fiction. The Blackborne and Toma teams had fallen apart after learning Sang and Kaylie were agents for Volto. When a new mission come...
189K 8.2K 40
Nine boys saved Sang from her abusive home. Nine boys loved her, and she loved them. But nine boys wouldn't let her learn to stand on her own two f...
161K 9.1K 22
Your prospects are limited when you don't exist, but Sang Sorenson has been getting by as a cashier in a grocery store after dropping out of high sch...
302K 19.7K 56
British Bird After being removed from her parents care at the age of six, Sang experienced foster care after foster care until she ended up with the...