SO I WROTE A LETTER! ☆ james...

By -KYBIO

completed | SO I WROTE A LETTER ❝ can i put you down yet? ❞ ❝ not yet, my trusty steed. ... More

SO I WROTE A LETTER !
000 :::: prologue
001 :::: the letter
002 :::: aftermath
003 ::: potions class
004 :::: the kiss
005 :::: the chapter of realizations
006 :::: no such luck
007 :::: it was fun while it lasted
008 :::: school's out... for christmas
009 :::: a true masterpiece
010 :::: YOU DID WHAT?!?!
011 :::: great, i'm lost
012 :::: you're found... ish not really
013 :::: hot coco and a bucket full of answers
014 :::: never have i ever- snivellus, what the fuck ??
015 :::: a surprise visit that nobody fucking asked for
016 :::: welcome to the group except we will not speak of this to anyone ever
017 :::: merry almost chrisler
018 :::: it was at that moment, she realized, she fucked up
019 :::: the other letter
020 :::: it's ( finally ) christmas
022 :::: it's all over
023 :::: THE END !

021 :::: a true christmas miracle

3.6K 131 63
By -KYBIO

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

YOU TOOK A deep breath. You were going to do this. You were a Gryffindor, dammit, it's time to get over your irrational fear of James saying no. Just do it.

You knocked lightly on James' door. "Come in," he called from somewhere within the room, and you opened the door.

James was sitting on the windowsill, watching the snow fall to the ground on a peaceful night, slowly starting to build a small hill of pure white snow. He had his back to you, but turned at your voice.

"Hi, James."

"Hello, Y/N. To what do I owe the pleasure?"

You opened your mouth to reply but closed it again, not quite sure what to say. Instead, you walked forwards, and sat beside him at the windowsill, gazing out at the vast white beyond. James watched you, fascinated. Without looking at him, you answered his question.

"I wanted to tell you something. Something important. Something that I've been needing to tell you for a very long time." You finally turned to face him in all his glory. The twinkle of his hazel brown eyes. The always upturned grin of his soft pink lips. The individual curls of his dark black hair. The reflection of yourself in his round silver-rimmed glasses. All things that would never change no matter what he said. All the more reason for you to tell him.

"James... I... I'm in love with you." You admitted, blushing crimson as soon as you said it. For a split second, a terrible, horrible, absolutely horrifying split second, you thought he'd say no. But then his joyous smile that he wore so often for you returned, and you breathed a sigh of relief. Thank Merlin.

"I love you too." He replied, blushing as well.

The two of you sat side by side like that for a couple of minutes, just gazing at each other, remembering and soaking up everything that you loved about each other, in a comfortable silence.

You spoke again. "I'm not sure what we have. I know we love each other. So what does that make us...?" You wondered aloud.

James leaned towards you. It took your brain a moment to register what was going on, when his lips connected to yours. He placed a gentle hand to your cheek, and you once again were reminded of why you loved each other.

Your kiss was innocent. It wasn't too long or too short, but just right. Perfect, you would say.

When you both pulled away, James smiled. "Y/N, would you be my girlfriend?"

You wrapped James into a tight hug, your face buried into the comfort of his shirt. "Yes," you whispered, "yes, yes, a thousand times yes!"

James wrapped his arms around you, pulling you closer. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

.   .   .

"Marlene, go find Lily. I'm calling an emergency friendship meeting. Code violet." You said, in the most serious voice you could muster.

Marlene saluted you, making you laugh. "Yes, ma'am! Wait... what was code violet again?"

"Go!" You ordered, and Marlene went off to go find the redhead.

You smiled, but celebrated all too soon. Marlene pocked her head back around the corner. "The marauders too?"

"No, just us." You said. "Now go!"

.   .   .

You, Marlene, and Lily were all in your room. They sat on your bed, Lily sat upright and eager whereas Marlene laid down on her back, her head hanging over the bedside as she looked at you pacing upside down. You paced the room, at first so certain and now you weren't sure at all.

You finally stopped pacing, turning to them and rubbing your clammy hands together nervously.

"Chestnut," you greeted Lily, who gasped in surprise.

"We haven't used those names in like... ever." Marlene said, getting up and flipping around to her stomach to give you her undivided attention.

"Yeah, well, it felt right, Scar."

Marlene snorted. "Aw jeez, I really named myself Scar? Curse past Marlene."

You and Lily laughed, before you forced yourself to stop. "This isn't a time for joking around, girls. Or should I say... marauderettes."

"Oh my god," Lily was full on wheezing, "no!"

"We need something too!" You argued. Marlene laughed again.

"Y/N"— you gave her a look —"er, Y/N/N, I have a feeling that you're stalling."

"Am not!"

Lily raised a brow. "Yuh-huh."

"Fine. I am."

"Then spit it out, already!" Marlene ordered.

"Y'all are so inconsiderate, honestly..." the three of you laughed, before you went serious again. "Ok, here goes nothing..."

You took a deep breath, the snow reminding you of James. Nowadays, anything could remind you of James— at least, that's the excuse you gave whenever your mind wandered to him (which was very often).

"James asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes."

There was a brief silence, which Marlene made some weird ass thinking face before the two girls bolted upright and out of their seats, rushing to you.

"Oh my merlin!" Marlene exclaimed.

"Omg omg omg!" Lily was practically jumping up and down with excitement.

"Wait, you guys are ok with this?" You asked cautiously.

"Of course we are! Y/N, I got to know Sirius when we were trying to get you two together! Most of our plans were epic fails, but hey, we got there eventually!" Lily smiled.

You gathered them together in a group hug. "I love you guys."

"Love you." Lily cuddled.

"I hate you too." Marlene replied, and you and Lily both simultaneously aimed a kick in the shin for Marlene, who winced in pain. "Yeouch! Y'all are brutal!"

You laughed. "Love you too, Scar."

.   .   .

You tiptoed outside. Today was your last night at James' house, tomorrow you'd all be heading back on the train to Hogwarts. You grabbed a fistful of snow, and rolled it into a ball. The sun was starting to set. A perfect time for a group of teenagers to start a snowball fight.

You cracked open the sliding door, choosing your victim. Remus? Too innocent. Marlene? Too, in her words, brutal. Lily? Too nice. James? Too soft. Sirius? Perfect.

You raised your arm high over your head, and then launched it with all your might towards Sirius. The ball of snow hit him straight in his chest, and Sirius jumped to a standing position while the others gasped.

"Who threw that?" He asked the group as a whole.

"Oh Sirius," you said in a sing-songy voice, waiting for him to see you before you started running.

The group watched in awe as Sirius chased after you. You turned so that your back was to the house, and Sirius aimed a massive snowball at you. It was so big, that half hit you on the shoulder, the other half flying further back and hitting James, who had been close on your tail.

"Why I oughta—" James threw one at Sirius, who ducked behind Lily.

"Ugh! James!" Lily balled up all her anger into one almost perfect snowball, throwing it straight at James.

James shuddered in the cold impact of the snow, and quickly made another one, when you threw one at him just before he threw it at Lily. You laughed, and James threw one at you, but it missed and hit Remus instead. Deciding to join in on the fun, Remus perfected his snowball before launching it into the air. For a smart guy, though, he had terrible aim, and it hit Marlene. The group all froze, waiting for Marlene's next move. The last snowball fight you had with Marlene, five people ended up in the hospital wing. You shuddered at the thought. Then Marlene slowly reached down, made a little snowball in her hands, and smiled.

"Snowball fight!" She shouted, launching one straight at Remus— it hit him square in the face. Remus recovered quickly though, and soon everyone was throwing a white snowball at someone, laughing and having fun. And to think you could've spent your Christmas with your family. This was a Christmas miracle.

꒰ 🥨💌🖇 ꒱

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 119K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
547 4 10
"I already told you, I'm over Lily!" ... "Prove it." ✎✯¸.•'*¨'*•⚯•*'¨*'•.¸✯✎ All of Vera Alden's friends know about her infatuation with a certain Gr...
5.9K 272 32
New description! Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Best friends. Until they each realised that they were in love. With each other. A/N I don't own any of...
235 23 8
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 caoihme alor, a cowardly slytherin sixth year born from blood purist, anti werewolf ideals, meets a boy who goes against every value...