Dark Intentions, Light Benefi...

By gardenknome156

Lord Voldemort gained his body in first year without the knowledge of the light side. Draco came back to Malf... More

Welcome
Chapter One: Last Day of Third Year
Chapter Two: Inquiries and Proposals
Chapter Three: Something to Worry About
Chapter Four: One Down, One to Go
Chapter Five: Law? What Law?
Chapter Seven: A Friendly Lunch
Chapter Eight: Well Thats Shocking
Chapter Nine: Spanner in The Works
Chapter Ten: The Potter Twins' Birthday
Chapter Eleven: Quidditch Quandary

Chapter Six: Guardian Snape

1.2K 30 2
By gardenknome156

Hey guys, I know I haven't updated in a while. I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

I don't own the Harry Potter Collection.

"Speech"

'Thoughts'

"Spell"

'repeated that someone else has said'

"Twin Speech" "Talking at the same time"

$parseltongue$

29 Knuts in 1 Sickle, and 17 Sickles to a Galleon.

1 Knuts = £0.02

1 Sickle = £0.29

1 Galleon = £4.97

Severus Snape's POV

21st July 1994 - Morning

Today, I was going to have both of my wards and I have no idea how it will go. Potter so far hasn't been too bad, a lot quieter and respectful then I thought, I am not sure whether its because this is new or because he doesn't have his friends to back him up. Either way, I am not going to complain. He was picking up on his lessons quickly. He didn't like some things, like gender stereotypes or pureblood rules but he will get over it. He must as the next Lord Potter. Harbey is doing a great job of fixing Potters clothes they were worse then they are now. I am taking them shopping for wizarding clothes, once Granger is here. Namy said she will bring her once she is dressed and packed. I had Namy get a smallish backpack with an Undetectable Extension Charm on it. It is made out of hide from a dark blue Antipodean Opaleye. A dragon native to Australia and New Zealand. I also got a backpack for Potter but its made from the hide of a Hebridean Black, which is native to Scotland.

I check the time. It was only 8:05, Namy said she would be here with Granger around 8. In time for breakfast. Potter was due to be down soon, so I wasn't worried. I believe Thyme said she and Mint will do waffles and fruit for breakfast. I take a sip from my coffee and focus on the Daily Prophet that had just been dropped off. It was still praising the Guardian Act and the Quidditch World Cup, that is happening soon.

As soon as I finish reading, I hear tapping at the window. I get up from the table to see a Short Eared Owl perched there. The type of owl said well off but not rich pureblooded family. I open the window to allow it in, it flies over to the owl perch and holds out its leg. I take the rolled-up letter from its leg and gave it a treat. It ate the treat and had some water from the dish then left. I walked back over to the table and took my seat. I unrolled the letter to see it was from Andromeda Tonks. She said she could check over both Potter and Granger later on, around 3. Granger, to make sure she is healthy and up to date with her vaccines. And to make sure Potter's potions are working, even if he is 5 days into his treatment. Andromeda mentioned taking them to Gringotts to have further tests done as she couldn't find any medical records for them, before starting Hogwarts. Gringotts healers are overpriced, but they are the best. I will most likely take them next week.

I put the letter into my pocket as Potter enters the dining room; dressed in faded blue short-sleeved shirt with the top button undone which was tucked into his black trousers and black dress shoes. He sits in the seat opposite me. "Someone is coming around today. They will stay until Sunday evening." I tell him. He looks towards me and asked who it was. I was about to answer when Namy popped into the dining room with Granger; she was wearing black trousers, a tucked in pale yellow blouse and black smart shoes. Her hair seemed tamer and was pulled back into a ponytail. "Mya?" Potter says and got up.

"Harry" Granger manages to say before Potter grabs her in a hug, that nearly knocks of her feet. They were talking lowly to each other, so I couldn't hear. I cleared my throat to gain their attention. They let go of each other and look towards me. "Come sit at the table, I will inform you of today's plan. Granger has Namy gone over the rules with you?" I say and Granger nods, as she and Potter walk towards the table. I tell Granger to give her bag to Namy, as she takes it off to sit at the table. Mint and Thyme come out with the breakfast; strawberry and chocolate chip waffles, fruit, orange juice for the children and a black coffee for me. "We are going out today. To get you to some wizarding clothes and other things you may need. I want no arguments or complaining. We will most likely be a few hours, once we are back, you can have some time to yourself, then we will go over etiquette and some other pureblood customs. Understood?" They nod, and I start to eat my breakfast, and they follow suit.

After a silent breakfast, I grab my money pouch, knowing that I will need more. I also grab a medium-sized, normal-looking, black cotton bag. It was a muggle bag, but it had an Undetectable Extension Charm on it so I could use it in both worlds. It would hold most of the shopping today. I then place a few bottles of water, each with a cooling charm on, in the bag. Double checking that I didn't need anything more, I head back downstairs. Once down, I go into the dining room to find the duo, to see they have disappeared. I check the living room, and they were not there either. In the end, I summon Harbey to ask, and he replies that they were in Potter's room. I ask him to bring them back down; he disappears immediately. He comes back a few minutes later with them trailing behind. "Showing off your new room, Potter?" I jest and the duo reddens slightly.

"His room is brilliant, Sir," Granger says trying to make the situation less embarrassing. I then reply

"Well, you will see if you like your room. Once we return from shopping." I then turn and walk towards the front door. I hear them following me. I lead the up the shortish pathway, then come to a stop, just outside of the manor's wards. "Both of you grab an arm and hold on tight. I am going to apparate to our first stop." They do as I say and I count to three, out loud then apparate away.

I apparate to one of the apparition points, just around the corner from Gringotts. They let go, they look a bit unsteady on their feet and a bit green. "It is an effect from side apparition. It will only happen for the first few times." I reassure them, though they didn't look very convinced. After a minute of them taking a few steady breaths, they go back to their usual colour. Then we were on our way to Gringotts. I walk up to an available goblin and tell him my request. I then hand him my key, and he calls for a cart runner, named Kartrak. Then I tell the duo to wait in the lobby and not to wander off. I would take them with me, but my vault is deep down, near the dragons and vaults are confidential, only to be shared with who you trust. Besides Goblins like children, they will make sure they don't leave, hopefully. They like happy customers.

Kartrak showed me to an empty cart and drove it to my vault. I hate these things, like a muggle roller coaster. After a quick ride, I hand Kartrak my key, and he opens my vault. My family vault, is a bit lower down in Gringotts, I don't use it often. With my Hogwarts job and the potions sold to private Apothecaries, who want quality potions from a master, I was considered well off without my family vault. I quickly take roughly 200 gallons (£995.99) worth and place it into my money pouch. I was going to convert some of it into the muggle pound, Maybe about £200 worth (G20, S2, K21). Just in case we go into muggle London. They would most likely be more comfortable in muggle clothes, which was fine for when they were at mine or in London for the day. Or Granger when she was at home. After getting my coins, Kartrak and I make our way back to the surface.

Once back at the surface, I see the duo talking to a goblin in gold armour; it appeared he was showing them his sword and shield. Which was getting weird looks from the customers, I could see why. The goblins, especially armoured goblins don't interact with wizards or witches unless they need to. They take the saying time is money seriously. I go over to a teller, leaving the duo be for a few more minutes, to exchange the 200 gallons worth to pound.

Once that was done, I head over to where they were standing. The goblin seemed proud of his sword and shield it. The goblin notices me and the duo turn towards me, they both had smiles. The goblin bows and says his leave, the duo surprises me, the goblin and everyone else when they bow back at him. "It was nice to meet you, Egor." They say. The goblin, Egor bows again with a smile and leaves. It was usually unnerving when a goblin smiles.

I start to leave the bank with the duo when another goblin comes up to us. "High Vault Keeper Ragnok VII would like a quick word. Follow me." He told me and knowing it wasn't a request, I followed. Keeper Ragnok VII wasn't my vault keeper because he only oversees the most exclusive, so I assume he is Potter's. The goblin showed the duo and me to a large doorway. He knocks twice; we hear an 'ENTER'. The goblin enters and closes the door on us. I look towards the duo who have confused looks and were looking at each other. I went to say something to them when the goblin comes out and tells us to go in.

We enter a large and decorated office. The walls were lined with shelves that seemed full of books and folders. The goblin at the desk gets up, he is wearing what looked like a smart black vest, made out of some type of hide, probably dragon. "I am High Vault Keeper Ragnok the seventh, Head Vault Keeper of the Potter Vaults. Are you the boy's new guardian?" He says, in a deep voice. I nod and he gestures to the three cushioned, wooden chairs.

"I am Lord Severus Snape, I have been appointed as Harry Potter's and Hermione Granger's guardian," I say and gesture to the confused duo. He nods once and goes through some paperwork on his desk.

"Thank you for meeting me on short notice." He speaks like I had a choice. "I just have some matters to go through then you can leave. It won't take long." He pauses again to get out a few sheets of parchment. "Would you like the statements to go to you, instead of his previous guardian?" I nod and he continues. "Very well, sign here." He hands over the parchment, and I quickly read. I sign my name, and it glows signalling it was legal and true. "Now, the second matter. Does he have his key, on him?" Ragnok says and I look towards Potter, who shakes his head.

"I have never had my key." He says and Ragnok looks sharply at him, which makes Potter shrink back. "WHAT?"

"I er have never had my key. Hagrid had it on my first visit and then um Mrs Weasley had it." He says nervously. Ragnok intently stares at him for a second then looks to me and back again to Potter.

"Did you permit for them to have it?" He questions and Potter shakes his head. "I thought I weren't allowed it."

"We will make a new key. Five gallons will be taken from your vault. While that is being done. When can we arrange a proper meeting?" He says. I tell him what days and times I can do. He booked the following Tuesday at 10 am. He asks a few more question on Potters control over his vaults. I said he can have about 50% control over his trust vault until he is 16. That means he can redraw any amount under 100 gallons without permission. Then Potters new key was given to him. We then left to get out shopping done.

"What was that all about?" Potter asked as soon as we were off the last step of Gringotts. I turn to him and answer "I am not sure. I think he was checking who your magical guardian was. I have no idea why he wanted a meeting." He still looked confused. "Now, we have much to do," I say and turn in the direction of Twilfitt and Tatting's, a high-end clothing store. I am going to get their main source of clothes from here and Madam Malkin's. Their formal wear will be Tailor-made by my tailor. Speaking of which I need their measurements, so my tailor can make them formal outfits, for tomorrow's lunch at Malfoy Manor. I have no idea how they will act with other children outside of Hogwarts. I hope they don't embarrass me. I will go over the rules and customs about meeting at other people's houses, tonight and tomorrow. To insure they understand what's expected of them.

Twilfitt and Tatting's looked thin and tall from the outside. There were grand windows that showed off the latest designs and outfits for all ages. The building itself was made out of marble and was the colour of cream, the window frames and doors were made out of dark wood, making them stand out. We enter Twilfitt and Tatting's to see it was empty aside from a few shoppers lining up to pay. The building is quite large on the inside and three floors tall. The floor we are on (first floor) was spacious. It is mainly for getting measured and paying for the item. There were several changing rooms and a few racks of clothes, these were for children under 10. The floor up was for adult wizards and witches (17+) and finally, the last floor was for children (10+). There is most likely a room above the third floor for storage but customers have no access to it.

I guide the duo to the nearest, open measuring room. The duo were taking in the surroundings; I can only assume they have never been in here. McGonagall never takes muggle-borns here because none of them could afford these prices, plus the employees and owner can be blood snobs. They would sell items to them but would not serve or help them as they do to purebloods. Also, the Weasleys wouldn't bring them here either, due to they couldn't afford anything, they can barely manage the prices for second-hand robes in Madam Malkin's. They would also be treated like a muggle-born as this store was run by snobs. "This place is huge!" Potter says in astonishment. Granger nods

"It looked smaller from the outside. Smaller than Madam Malkin's.I wonder what type of charms they use? However, it could be a rune, that is more permanent." She says, and I see Potter quickly look around again.

"Like a size rune with various numbers combined?" Potter says, and Granger nods "It could be a ward. I heard ward stones can last for years" Potter continues. I had to admit. I was kind of impressed he was learning the new subjects quickly. Then again, I did see the notes Granger sent him. They were narrowed down to what was important to learn.

"Maybe. It would be more logical to renew the wards annually instead of; daily, weekly or monthly. However, for that to work, there must be rune or charms, maybe both. Wards are made to keep people away, added charms or runes will allow people in but still protect the store." Granger says, and Potter nods in agreement. I had a feeling that Potter will turn into another know-it-all. I just hope he isn't as forward as Granger, who has calmed down since first year. Potter was about to resort but was interrupted. "Hello. I am Macy. What can I do for you today?" We turn to the cheerful-looking young women. She had black hair and brown eyes. She was quite tall around 5'8" and is wearing a black blouse, a black skirt and black flats. "Yes. I would like them to be measured to get their exact size." I glance at the duo quickly, then add "I also want a measurement that still allows them to grow." They both were the smallest in their year. With Potter, I imagine he will grow properly now he is on the correct diet. He parents weren't short by no means. I had no clue, with Granger but her father was a tall man and his wife wasn't petite. "Of course, Sir. Who first?" She said, looking towards the duo. The duo looks at each other for a few moments, then Granger signs and steps forward. Potter had a pleased smile on his face. I had no idea what happened, but it looked like they had a conversation and Granger lost. I wonder if this is what my snakes were talking about, 'It seemed they were having a conversation without saying a word'. I would need to keep an eye on that, to see if its a one-off or a gift they share.

Once they were both measured, and I was given two pieces of parchment with their measurements on, I lead the way up to the third floor. I give them a netted basket each and told them they had 30 Gallons (£149.39) to spend, in here. I also tell them to look around, get what they need/want but not to go too far. I look at their measurements and notice immediately that Granger is much thinner than Potter, who is underweight but is shorter than Potter by a few inches. I would find out later when Andromeda visits. I look up to see that Potter and Granger were walking around together, talking. This floor was more crowded than the first floor, probably parents getting their children getting the latest fashion. "Ah, Severus. That was you?" I turn to see Lucius with Draco. "Out shopping. Are you feeling well?" Lucius jests. I scoff.

"I feel fine. I am out with the Golden Duo." I say, nodding over to the duo who seems fascinated by the moving images on the jackets. "Where is your wife, left you yet?" I resort. Draco let out a chuckle at that.

"No, my wife is on the lower level getting some new outfits. If you had a wife, you would understand." Lucius reply, I roll my eyes. I look towards my Godson, who was amused by his father's and my jocularity. "How have you been, Draco?" I ask.

"I have been well, Uncle Sev. How has the Golden duo been? Causing any trouble?" Draco says.

"No, they are shockingly well behaved but it is still early days." I say then glance at the bag Lucius was carrying. "Have you grown so much that you need new clothes already?" I ask, and Draco scoffs.

"You know as I do, mother likes flaunting the families wealth," Draco says dryly. "Anyway, it gives me some time with dad. He has been working a lot because of the Magical Guardian Act. I love mother, but she likes gossip and invites the Parkinsons over, too much in my opinion. There is only so much of Pancy I can take, I swear mother is forcing her on me. She and the Parkinsons want an arranged marriage, to secure our families together." He continues and has a sour face by the end. Lucius puts his hand on Draco's shoulder for support. I knew he didn't like Pansy, she had a habit of thinking Draco was hers and it annoyed him to no end. "You know I would never put you into a marriage contract unless you agreed to it. However, I have faith that your choice will benefit the family." Lucius says in recurrence, which makes Draco smile. I glance around the room and spot the duo near the shoes, laughing about something. I will finish my conversation with the Malfoys then go to see what they have picked up. "What have you got to do today, Sev?" Lucius asked, snapping my attention back to him.

"Well, I am getting them the essential and all of that. Plus, some more books on etiquette and the wizarding history that may be relevant. I was also, thinking of getting them wand holsters. I notice they carry their wands in their pockets they can be taken, easily. I am not sure what else they will need." I answer, and Lucius nods.

"You still coming for lunch tomorrow?" Draco asks. I look towards him and nod. "Are the duo coming?" He continues, and I nod again.

"I will have my tailor, make their outfits before then. They should look suitable for lunch." I say. Draco looked doubtful, and I couldn't blame him. Potter and Granger have a terrible sense of style. "Do you mind if Draco and I come along. Draco and I need a few things as well, from the same stores. Narcissa will most likely have met up with some friends but I will let her know." Lucius says. I nod, agreeing for him to tag along. I then tell them, I am going to check on the duo and leave them to continue shopping.

I walk over to the duo who were now by the outer robes, talking. As I got closer, I could hear what their conversation was about. "You know, if I can bring some sports items, we can have a few games. I preferred basketball, tennis and football. I quite enjoyed volleyball too. What about you?" Granger said. I was surprised Granger liked sports, I would have never taken her as the sports liking type; she screamed bookworm. "Same. I like those sports too, but I've never played Volleyball. I also enjoyed athletics, running and stuff." Potter replied. I cough to get their attention.

"What have you two gotten? You only stayed on one section of the store." I say. They quickly turn to me sharply, they probably didn't hear me walk up to them. Then they show me what is in their baskets, the good thing about wizarding stores, they don't have designated areas for male and female clothes. Blouses and shirts are in the same area, with different racks to show male or female wear. It is the same with skirts and trousers, smart shoes and heels. The only separated things were female or male undergarments and other private things, like pyjamas. Female undergarments would be on the opposite side to the males. I will send Granger off with a female assistant, while I stay with Potter to get those things. I take a look in both of their baskets finding they both had a few pairs trousers, several shirts/blouses, two pairs of smart shoes, and smart vests (H - 4, Hr - 2). Granger had a few skirts and a smart dress. Potter got an outer robe and a few ties. I notice they leaned more towards the Navy/royal blues, dark/light greens, different shades of grey and black. They did have some white blouses/shirts, and Granger had a few pale yellow blouses, a light pink blouse and a few blouses with different patterns/colours. Potter had a red shirt, a pale yellow shirt and a few shirts with patterns as well.

I get the attention of a female assistant and call her over. I ask if she can show Granger where some of the other witches clothes are. Granger went to protest, but I stopped her with a sharp look which reminded her I said no arguments. The female assistant, Amie, walks away with a reluctant Granger to the other side of the store. I show Potter the underwear/pyjamas section, he went red as he selected several pairs of underwear. Then we moved to where the pyjamas were. Potter seemed perplexed by the selection, with a sign, I pick up a set of emerald green silk summer pyjamas, in his size and hand them to him. He took them and said 'thanks'. He gave them a feel then put them into his basket. He picked out a few more sets in different colours, royal blue, apple red, a ruby red winter set with a golden trim, a black and another green pair but in a darker shade. After that, he picked up numerous socks, belts and under vests. I also assisted him with smart shoes. He would need more for different occasions. A pair for formal functions, a pair for semi-formal functions, a pair for the casual situation and some for the seasons. We ended up with two pairs of Loafers style shoes in brown, three pairs of black dragon-hide boots and 4 pairs of whole cut shoes similar to Oxfords in black. I also pick up a pair of loafers and dragon-hide boots. With that all done, we leave the male section and wait in the part where we split from Granger.

While waiting for Granger, the Malfoy's came back over. "My wife said she was going shopping elsewhere, then to tea with her friends. So its just Draco and I." Lucius says, and I nod

"So Potter, how are you enjoying your lessons about being a respected member of society? Not causing Uncle Sev too much trouble, are you?" Draco says, trying to get a bad reaction from Potter, testing if he is actually picking up on his lessons. Pureblood rule number 10, no outbursts in public or another's house. Potter rolls his eyes and glares at Draco. "My lessons have been fine. I still think your world is 100 years out of date, however, the lessons are interesting." Potter offered as a response, showing no sign of anger apart from a glare.

"What do you mean out of date? I do take muggle studies, it sounds like the muggle world is at the same speed as us. Apart from muggle-borns wear different clothes to what the books say." Draco argues, looking puzzled. Potter rolls his eyes again but answers anyway. "Both me and Hermione can tell you, that those books are about a century out of date and some of that information is wrong. Hermione suspects that the author has never met a muggle and I believe her, she is rarely wrong. I recommend you visit the muggle world, to see the difference between the books and the actual thing. We have cars, movies, phones and other cool things which both me and Hermione miss." Potter says, and Draco seemed even more confused and looked to his father who wore the same expression. Lucius looks to me.

"Potter is right, the muggle world has changed a lot in the last hundred years. It has changed since we were in Hogwarts. I can take you there one day, it is quite safe." I say, and Lucius nods in agreement. Lucius was about to say more but saw Granger and Amie coming our way. Granger was red with embarrassment. I thank Amie and ask if they need anything else from here. They both say no and we made our way to the changing rooms to try on the clothes, to make sure they fit or that they definitely wanted the items. They were relatively quick changing into the day clothes they chose. I saw some dresses that Granger picked up with Amie, they were modest, and would fit into casual and semi-formal situations. She also had some more shoes, 4 pairs of flats and but she had a few pairs of small heels, sandals and two pairs of dragon-hide boots. Potter looked smart in his new clothes, but not all of the outfits he chose to model, matched. Granger wasn't much better, but they looked better dresses then when they were at school. I saw Draco looked a bit shocked by some of Granger's outfits, his mouth was wide open at times, and he couldn't stop staring. Potter decided to keep all of his outfits. Granger didn't keep 2 of the casual dresses and 3 blouses. I brought all of the stuff for just over 64 Gallons, 4 Sickles and 6 Knuts (£319.95), a little over their limit but they had enough outfits for a while. My 2 pairs of shoes came to 12 Gallons and 15 Knuts (£60.50). Not a bad trip in my mind.

Our next stop was Obscurus Books it was located near the border between Knockturn Alley and Diagon Alley, this shop was mostly used by purebloods and half-bloods because it didn't have textbooks that muggle-borns needed for Hogwarts. After spending 4 Gallons, 2 Sickles and 9 Knuts (£20.60), we to Lapis Thyrsos (Stone Wands) run by Arturo Cephalopos. As we enter the clean wand shop, we ring the bell and wait for Arturo to come. "Lord Malfoy, Master Snape and Young Master Draco. I hope your wands still work and that is not why you are here." We hear him before we see him. He had longish grey hair, a pale wrinkled face, piercing blue eyes and he was wearing his plain black robes. "No, we are for my new charges." I answer, gesturing to the duo, who were looking around the store. "I want to get them customised wand Holsters, ones that will grow with them," I tell Arturo and he nods, then gets the supplies.

"Okay. Let's get you two measured. Hold out your dominant arms." He said. Potter and Granger glance at each other, then back to Arturo. "Um, me and Hermione are ambidextrous," Potter says

"Really?" I could tell Arturo was happy to hear this. The duo nod at him. He was positively bouncing now. He told them to hold out the hand their wands were bonded with. Granger held out her left and Potter held out his right. He asked them what hand they write with Potter said he writes with his right in both worlds but sometimes writes with his left in the muggle world. Granger says she writes with her left in the muggle world and right in the wizarding world. He measured their wand arms, convinced they will most likely keep using them, even during a duel or stressful situation. He asked if I were going to get them new wands, I said no but maybe in the future. He moved onto making them holsters. Arturo got out 2 pieces of parchment and a charcoal pencil and asked them what they wanted. They chose a dark navy blue almost black base. Potter had a Stag, Doe, Wolf and Dog/Grimm on with an owl. They were in pale grey accept the owl and doe which were white. Granger had an otter on in light brown and a cat in orange. There was room to add lots more. I know why Potter chose the owl, the stag, the wolf and mabey the doe but I don't understand Granger's. Maybe her favourite animals. I was told they will take an hour to make. Lucius suggests we have lunch then come back, I nod in agreement. I tell Arturo what charms to add and he tells me the price, I give him just over half of the 10 Gallons (£49.78) bill. Then we leave for a nearby cafe, Casu Calidus for lunch.

Over lunch, Draco insisted on learning about the muggle world from both Potter and Granger. A few times, he looked like they were trying to pull the wool over his eyes. "So, you're saying that muggles can duplicate documents in a few seconds with this computer thing?" Draco said in a confused tone and the duo nod at him.

"It won't work in the magical world, something to do with magical energy. It is a shame it would make note-keeping easier. Less likely to lose them within other bits of parchment." Potter said, and Granger nods in agreement.

"It would also benefit others who struggle to write," Granger says. She was right it would benefit students who can't write neatly.

"I wonder if it would work if it didn't need electricity." Potter mused, quietly. Granger looked thoughtful.

"It would need to have something to charge it though. Maybe a mixture of runes." Granger states and Potter nods. Draco was about to say something to them but I interrupt before h could.

"What else do you need to do today, Lucius?" Lucius looks away from Draco and towards me.

"Just some treats and feed for the owls and that should be it. Draco, do you need anything else." Lucius says, causing Draco to look at his father.

"I don't think so. I have everything I need for now." Draco responds. Lucius nods and turns back to me.

"Well then, that's Draco and I almost done with our trip. Apart from picking up your charges' holsters what else have you got to do Sev?" He asks. I take a sip of my now cold coffee, then answer

"I not sure, however, I suppose I could get some more feed and treats for mine and Potter's owls." Lucius nods, and as we finish our lunch, Draco asks if we can get some Ice Cream. Lucius agrees, so I ask the duo if they want ice cream too and they nod eagerly

"Yes please." After lunch, we go to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour as they were the best. It was empty apart from a few families sitting at the tables. I gesture for Lucius to order first. Then I turn back to the duo "Choose what you want." I tell them, and they look into the display. We stand there for a minute before Florean came up to us. "Mater Snape, a pleasure to see you again. Harry, Hermione a pleasure as always." He says

"Hello, Sir." They say together

"How have you been?" Harry finishes.

"Good good. Where is your other friend? Mr Weasley?" He says.

"We came out with Professor Snape today. Ron is probably at home." Hermione says.

"Yes of course. They only all come out for school supplies. Now, what can I get you?" He asks.

"I'll have a Butterscotch Ripple and you two," I say.

"Can I have the Southern Banana Pudding, please?" Harry says and Hermione ordered a White Raspberry Truffle. "Coming up, cone or cup?" Florean said.

"Cups," I reply. He scoops up the Ice creams and handed them to us.

"That will be 13 Sickles 18 knuts." (£4) He says. I hand over the exact amount and we sit at a table with the Malfoys. Draco had the Dark Chocolate Raspberry Truffle while Lucius had a plain Vanilla one; both in cones.

"This is refreshing for such a hot day," Lucius says. I shake my head at him, enjoying my own ice cream. We eat our ice creams with minimal talk. Once we finished and through our tubs away, we head back to Arturo's Shop to collect the duo's holsters. We have been gone for an hour and a half hopefully, that was enough time. I want to get home to send a letter, to my tailor for mine and the duo's robes, for tomorrow. Plus, I want to show them the Playroom that elves have been building, without Potter knowing and I am sure they will want to relax before Andromeda comes. Not that they know about her visit. Also, Granger needs to see her room and the children need to sort through their clothes, to throw out the old and unwanted clothes and put away their new ones. Then they need to go over and learn some new things about living in our society. Hopefully, Granger has read and processed the book I sent her about what is expected of her, as a witch in our world. It is going to be a busy afternoon and evening.

Arturo was standing behind the counter as we enter the shop. "Great timing. I had just finished the holsters. Now let us see if they fit." He said, pulling out two wooden boxes and placed them on the desk, in front of the duo. The then gestured for the duo to open the boxes and they gasped at their holsters. I take a look, and was immediately impressed, they looked great. I take Granger's and put it on her left arm, showing them how to do it. I put Potter's on him as I saw him struggling. "Perfect fit," I tell Arturo, and he smiled.

"These are brilliant," Potter says, and Granger nods.

"It is really comfortable as well." She tells him.

"Thank you." They say

"I am glad you like them, but that's not all. When your wand is in them, it can't be summoned. Also, get your wands and tap the holster." They did as he said, nothing happened and their brows knitted. "Oh sorry forgot. When you do it, think of what you want to happen. If you want it to disappear completely, even for you just imagining it in your mind. Same as you want it invisible for everyone apart from you or when you want it visible again." They did as Arturo said and seem amazed by it. They made them visible again.

"Thank you." They tell him again, and he chuckles.

"There is one more thing they do. Place your wands in the holster," They do "No flick your wrist and willing your wand to your hands." They did and their wands went into their hands, first try. Which was impressive because it almost never happens. "Now will your wand back into the holster with another wrist flick." They do, and it was first try again. I could see the Malfoys and Arturo were impressed, getting a wand out a holster wordlessly and magically was hard but getting it back in wordlessly and magically was even harder. I knew then, why they were the top students in their practicals. Potter was better at the practical side then Granger but she had the theory down. "Well done. Doing those on your first time says your going to be a great Wizard and Witch. Once your adults, powerful too." They were blushing, deeply.

"Thank you, sir." Arturo chuckles at them then and turns to me.

"That will be 4 Gallons (£19.91)." He tells me, I gave him 5 and tell him to keep the change as a tip. After I tell the duo to hide their holster, we leave the shop and head to Magical Menagerie to get our owl feed. We would have preferred Eeylops Owl Emporium but it was on the opposite side of Diagon Alley. It was cramped and noisy as always and as we walked down the narrow aisles, to the front where the food and treats were kept this ginger ugly thing jumped off the rafters and strolled up to Hermione. It meows loudly and pawed at her legs. She gently picked it up and supported it. It started purring and rubbing its squashed nose on her chin. I saw a smile appear on her face. Harry went over to her and started to give the cat attention. The sales lady came up to me. "She needs to be careful. Crookshanks is aggressive and can turn at any moment." She warns me and I turn my attention from the duo. "Then why do you let it roam free," I ask her with a raised eyebrow. She signs, seemingly annoyed that I asked.

"Because he is hard to get into a crate. He is getting on though and usually stays out of the way from the customers." She says then adds "Can I help you with anything today?" I nod

"A few boxes of owl treats, a large bag of owl feed and a cage for a Snowy Owl, please, all in the best quality," I tell, and she leaves to go get the things. I see Granger put the ugly cat down and it wanders away with its tail swaying harshly. I walk over to her, I didn't see any marks on her arm. "Did it hurt you?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"No, he just wiggled to get down. He is really sweet." She tells me with a smile that had her teeth showing. She still had her big front teeth, which I will ask Andromeda to shrink later. Of course, I will ask Granger first and explain to her parents why it was done. Mainly, because it is seen as a flaw that could be easily fixed in the muggle or magical world but, her parents don't need to know that. I then turn my attention to Potter, who was standing there awkwardly. "Does your owl need anything, apart from food and treats?" I ask, and he shakes his head. The sales lady comes back with our purchases and once I pay, we leave. I take in a few gulps of fresh summer air, plunging the smell of too many animals in one place. Lucius and Draco were waiting outside for us, already.

"We are going to go now. However, we will see you tomorrow." Lucius says and we all said our goodbyes, then go to different apparition points to go home. I give the duo the same instructions, like last time and we leave the alley with a CRACK.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DILB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

21st July 1994 - Late Afternoon

I was sitting at the dining room table with Potter and Granger. The hour before Andromeda was due, I decided to have them read the etiquette books, I had got earlier. They are gender-specific so Potters book is about being a Lord whereas Granger's is more about presenting yourself in public and with guests. Potter and Granger kept quiet while they read but occasionally pointed something out to one another or asked me a question. I take a sip of my coffee and check my watch, 14:55 Andromeda should be due any minute. "Put away your books, we will be having a guest soon," I tell them and they look to me.

"Who?" Potter asks as they close their book.

"Andromeda Tonks. Now put your books in your rooms." I tell them again but more firmly. They walk away towards the direction of their rooms. I had shown Granger her room once we came in, it was opposite Potter's. The walls were painted a sky blue and the carpet was a royal blue. The draws and the desk were made out Cherry wood, and the shelves were made out of Ash as was the bed frame. She had a twin size bed as well as the sheets were a teal colour with gold trim. She had an armchair as well, in teal but the pillow was gold, which was near the walk-in wardrobe. The bedroom was about three times the size of the one she had at her parents. She stared at it in shock and said thank you with a gasp. The room was bright due to the large window that was behind the desk. The room was the same layout as Potters but just a little smaller in size.

I was brought out of my thoughts by a knock on the door. I let one of the elves answer the door as I wave my cup away. I walk towards the living room as Hizzy shows Andromeda and her husband to the living, I gesture for them to take a seat. "Good afternoon Mr Tonks and Andromeda. Would you care for a drink?" I ask as they sat.

"A tea with one sugar for me Master Snape and you can call me Ted," Ted says, and I nod at him.

"Same for me but no sugar please, Severus," Andromeda says, and Hizzy pops away to tell Thyme the orders. "So, Severus how has Mr Potter been?" Andromeda continues.

"All has been fine. He has his potions in his drinks and appears to be healing well. I think there may be something wrong with his eyes, I notice he sometimes has to squint to look at things up close or far away. Even when wearing his glasses. I think a trip to an eye healer may clear it up if it is not obvious." I tell her, and she nods understanding. Mint pops in with our drinks, a black coffee for me, teas for the Tonks and orange juice for the children.

"So, I am here to check on Mr Potter and re-asses his health care plan," Andromeda stats and when I nod she continues "Is Miss Granger getting a check over today, as well?" She finishes.

"Yes, she needs one as well, she hasn't had one yet. I think she may be underweight. I got them measured at Twilfitt and Tatting's earlier, and she has much shorter measurements. I wanted your opinion." I say and hand over the paper containing their measurements. I sent a copy of them to my tailor after we put away our purchases. Andromeda brow scrunches as she reads the slip. After a few moments of silence, she says "I think you may be right however, I haven't met Miss Granger yet, so I can make a medical opinion just yet." She tells me. We didn't need to wait long as both Potter and Granger walk into the living room.

"Ted, Andromeda this is Harry Potter and Hermione Granger, my wards. Potter, Granger this is Edward and Andromeda Tonks. She checked you over when you first came here, Potter." I introduce them. They all shake hands and sit down on the brown leather couches.

"Pleasure to meet you Mr and Mrs Tonks" They politely say.

"Pleasure as well. I need to ask you some questions if that is okay?" Andromeda says, not really asking. The duo nods at her, so she continues. "I can find any medical records for you two in the muggle world. Do you know why that may be?" She questions and the duo shakes their heads at her.

"My parents use a private practice for our health care. I don't know if they keep the records in an easily accessible system." Granger says, and Potter nods.

"The Dursleys is the same. They had a private healthcare." Potter adds, and Andromeda signs but nods at them.

"I will keep looking then." She says then looks to me. "Should we head to the medical room." I nod at her and get up to lead the way. Andromeda catches up to me and says quietly "Something isn't right. I can feel it." I say nothing back but I have the same feeling. We reach the medical room with Andromeda and I, leading and Ted at the tail end. I tell the duo to sit on the bed and to listen to Andromeda. The medical room was nothing special, the walls were painted baby blue, the beds had white sheets with pale green blankets at the end, and the floor was a light coloured wood.

Andromeda checks Potter first as she had already done the initial health checks. She took him to a different room to get weighed and to see how much he has grown in the last week. She then took blood and did a diagnostic spell which caused equations to appear above his head. Andromeda was watching them, as the quick quill she had brought, was furiously writing down the results onto the parchment. It was clever how it worked, as she read the equations the quick quill will write down what she is thinking, but in English. Everyone stayed silent, the duo knew this because of them being in the Hogwarts medical wing, often. When that was done she quickly read over the results and then handed it over to me, as she took Granger into the other room, I read the results. Potter was 152.4 cm in height, 40 kg in weight, but he has gained some since last time he was checked, and his bones seemed to be healing and getting stronger. Which means his treatment is getting better, there was little about his eyes but it showed that they were somewhat healthy. He probably just needs some new glasses. I guess a visit to an eye healer is needed. Potter asked to see his report and I gave it to him to look at. As he read Andromeda and a red looking Granger came out of the other room. They took longer than Potter did, so I assume it was because Andromeda was asking questions that are not normally said in front of males, going by Grangers strawberry cheeks. She then did the same process that she did with Potter, a blood sample and a diagnostic spell. She read over Grangers results and then gave one of the reports to me. Granger's results were only slightly shocking mainly due to me seeing her measurements, earlier. Her height is 146.3 cm, and her weight is 38 kg. What shocked me, most was her internal body condition, she had a few unhealed bones. Andromeda also put in the report that there are a few fading bruises in places that shouldn't bruise by falling over, only when pushed into something or by being hit. I give Granger her other report as she has read the other one.

Andromeda started to adjust Potter's potions to his new body weight and makeup Grangers doses. She was going to be put on the same potions as Potter. Andromeda then asked what vaccinations they have had in both worlds. The good thing is they have had the muggle injections while in primary school. The bad news is that they have not had the magical one, most importantly they haven't had the Dragon Pox (which has the same effects as Chickenpox but the infected get a green rash and can become very sick if they have a weak immune system) or the Dementor Influenza ones, the most important vaccinations. They could have gotten very ill this year with the dementors flying around. The dementors carry a virus that is spread when the potential host's body drops in temperature (which dementors do when they pass a person), the virus attacks the respiratory system making the victim struggle to breathe. It only affects those who aren't vaccinated. I wonder why they didn't have the vaccine, all muggle-borns or muggle-raised students get their shots and health checks the day they get visited by a teacher. I look to Andromeda whose face held an expression of disbelief, these two diseases aren't common but are still around.

After a few more question on other treatments or preventive measures they have had, Andromeda asks to talk to me in private. We take a short walk to one of the studies near the medical room. Once we sit Andromeda goes over Granger's reports and what we have heard. "I think we need to start an investigation, on Miss Granger's parents. For obvious reasons." Andromeda starts "I am also curious why they didn't get their pre-Hogwarts shots, I think the Department of Child Protection will like to hear of this, maybe even the school board." I nod agreeing with her luckily for me Lucius's suspension is over and he is now back on Hogwarts board. That should speed up the process for the new students coming in September and hopefully making sure they are all vaccinated. She then made arrangements with me for her to come back n a week or so, to recess their health. Andromeda reminds me to go to Gringotts for an advanced health checks for the duo. With some more points on Potter's and Granger's care, we make our way out of the study back to the hospital room.

We enter the room to see Ted sitting on Potters bed playing the muggle version of snap with the duo. They were using a stall as a makeshift table and from the look of it Potter was winning by miles. Ted notices us first and stops playing. "Well Harry it looks like you have one." Ted pouts.

"Ted dear. Don't act as a toddler." Andromeda says in a stern voice and the duo start to laugh quietly. "Ha Ha you two. Wait until you married." Ted tells them and they scowl at him. I could feel the corners of my mouth twitch. Andromeda lets out a soft, quite laugh. She tell the duo that she is going and when she will be back. The duo says 'goodbye' and 'thank you' and we see the Tonks out. I then tell the duo the time before dinner is theirs. They walk upstairs together, probably going to one of their rooms. I pay it no mind and go check on the elves. I had them start making a playroom for the duo, once it was confirmed Potter was staying full time and Granger part time, but that could change depending on the investigation on her parents home. I walk into the room that was chosen as the playroom, it was a large room, almost twice the size of Potter's bedroom. The walls were painted with Hogwarts colours and the floor was Mahogany. The elves were starting to put the furniture together, one elf came up to me and asked if I needed anything, I said no and told them to keep up the good work then left.

I go to my study to compose letters to Foster and Whitley on the duo's health check, along with a copy of their reports and Andromeda's statement on their health. I then write to Lucius and McGonagall about the duo not revising the Pre-Hogwarts health check and vaccines. I started to give my owls the letters, when Potters owl came through the window and held out her led. I assume she was bored and wanted to do something. I gave her McGonagall's letter and then send the owls off. I decide to go down to my potion lab until dinner.

Words: 9088

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and didn't mind it being long. I will try and get the next chapter out without a long delay but I can't make any promise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

340K 7.1K 26
Hermione Granger; brightest witch of her age, muggle-born, best friends with Harry Potter, Lord Voldemorts long lost daughter? Before the start of he...
148K 4.7K 66
Draven Abraxas Malfoy, son of the vicious wizard, and Draco Malfoy's fraternal twin falls in love with the Brightest Witch of her Age, Hermione Jean...
105K 3.1K 22
After the death of her father Anna has changed. She starts to learn about the power Voldemort has told her about. Her powers grow stronger if possibl...
1.4M 34.2K 81
River Potter was taken that night her parents died, by Severus Snape and sent off to live with Zabini family, raised as a Pureblood, she never accept...