A Love She Deserves

By shaicology

Park Sandara or Dara is a Production Assitant in KEBN. Her peaceful life is shaken when a well-known entertai... More

Park Sandara
Happy Birthday
Dara 2.0
Best Friends
Haru's Birthday Party
Confessions
Camping
Young Bae and Hyo Rin Forever
A Start for Us
Cause and Effect
Talk of the town
Lovers
Family Dinner
Meet the brother and best friend
Most Outstanding People Awards Night
Chat-Shire
Wedding Jitters
Seung Hyun and Se Kyung's Wedding
Trip to Busan
Ticking Clock
Home is where the heart is
Party and Jealousy
Choices
New Beginning
Meet Ms. Park
A Day in Sokcho
Ghost and Dream
His and Her Feelings
Hide and Seek
The Reel and Real New Drama
Script Reading and Mind Reading
Revelations
Past and Present
Her Story
Aftermath
Jade Garden
Closures... not?
You Like? I Like.
Arguments and Encounters
Free to Love
Man to Man Talk
Happy Birthday, Dara
I Love You
Turning Point
Another Chance
Struggling
Her Reality
I Wish You Well
Begin Again
Garachico
Finale
Epilogue

Trip in Jeju Island

469 12 0
By shaicology

Seung Hyun moves away from the sunlight coming through his window. He places his hand to space where Dara was sleeping but it was empty. He opens his eyes and confirmed that she wasn't there. He rubs his eyes using the sides of his index fingers and looks again. She wasn't there. He looks around to find her but he's alone in his room. But his door is open and he can hear a humming and frying sound. Seung Hyun gets up and went to his bathroom to freshen up.

After making sure that he's decent with his plain white shirt and comfy pants, he went out to check what's happening outside. He then found Dara in the kitchen, wearing a white t-shirt and short pants. It was his clothes and looks big on her. Seung Hyun finds his clothes sexy at her. He smiles at the thought that she wears nothing beneath it and she's comfortable by it. She's humming a song while frying eggs. She already cooks some soup, meat and coffee are being brewed in the coffee maker. Seung Hyun clears his throat which made Dara look around and smiles upon seeing him.

"Good morning. Sorry if I invade your kitchen. I just want to prepare some breakfast." She grins. Seung Hyun walks towards her and kisses her forehead. "After what happened last night, I think you can invade anything here now. You're even wearing my clothes." He smirks.

Dara blushes. "I put my clothes in the washing machine. I'm just waiting for it to be done." She shrugs. She takes out the eggs from the pan and places it on the plate. "Sit down and I'll serve us our breakfast."

"Let me help you." He said but she stops her. "I can do this. Just sit." She insists. Seung Hyun followed his girlfriend's request and went to the dining table. He sat down as Dara starts putting the food on the table. She already arranged the table with plates, bowls for the soup, two bowls of rice, spoons, glasses, a pitcher of water and chopsticks. She gets two mugs and pours some coffee on it and brought it on the table. She sat down and she stares at Seung Hyun.

"Eat." She said.

"Thank you for the food." He said as he picks up his chopstick and gets some meat from the plate. Dara put some soup on his empty bowl and gives it to him. Dara watches Seung Hyun eat first before she starts eating. Serving him breakfast makes her happy.

They didn't talk about Ji Yong but Seung Hyun asks her about the story she's working on. Dara gives him a summary of the story and he loves it. She will submit her story after she's done writing and revising it.

Seung Hyun remembers his business trip.

"Dara, I need to tell you something." He said. Dara nods and stares at him.

"I'm going to Europe for 2 weeks. I have a business trip there." He said.

"When are you leaving?" she asks.

"5 days from now."

Dara said, "I see." She took a sip of her coffee.

Seung Hyun can see that sadness in her face. He wants her to come with him but he knows that she will refuse it since it's a business trip. Then, he had an idea.

"Dara, how about we go on a short vacation before my business trip?" he suggested. Dara blinks at him. A short vacation sounds lovely.

"Where?" she asks.

Seung Hyun thinks for a while. He wants to go somewhere away from Seoul but also quick access if they need to get back. "How about Jeju?"

She smiles "Really?"

With that happy expression on her face, he was decided. "Yes. We'll go to Jeju. How about we leave by tomorrow? Let's stay there for three days and two nights."

"Okay." She agrees.

"Good. I will settle everything today. We will leave early in the morning tomorrow. Anything else?" Seung Hyun asks with a smile on his face.

"Can I reserve a place for us?"

Seung Hyun agrees.

---

The next day, Seung Hyun picks up Dara early in the morning and they head to Gimpo airport for their flight to Jeju. They were glad that no one noticed them. They peacefully arrived at Jeju. Seung Hyun was impressed that Dara managed to rent a car for them to use. Dara input the address at the GPS as Seung Hyun drives for them.

The house that Dara rented has a sea view. It's also peaceful and has enough distance from other houses.

Seung Hyun drops their small luggage's near the sofa as he looks around. Dara went to the balcony that overlooks the sea. She loves it. Seung Hyun follows her at the balcony and hugs her from behind.

"It's beautiful here," Dara said as she holds at Seung Hyun's arms that wrapped around her waist. Seung Hyun agrees with her. "It is. Especially that we're here together. I'm glad no one noticed us at the airport."

"It's a bit early, that's why." She chuckles. Seung Hyun kisses her shoulder. "So, what are we going to do now?" he asks.

"We can go around and explore the island. Then we can go to the market later so we can buy some food for dinner. Is that okay?"

Dong Jon nodded. "No problem. Let's rest for a bit before leaving."

"Sure," Dara said. Seung Hyun let go of her but took her hand. He leads her back inside so they can rest.

An hour and a half later, Seung Hyun and Dara are on their way to the Teddy Bear Museum. Dara wanted to see it. Seung Hyun is just happy to see Dara admire the exhibit. After that, they went to Aqua World to see the marine life. It felt so normal that they can freely roam around without camera flashing at them. Near dinner time, they went to a market to find something to eat. They were checking some seafood when someone taps Dara's shoulder. She looks around and saw a familiar face that she hadn't see for three years.

"Mother." She said.

Kwon Soo Young smiles at her. Dara hugs the old woman. "It's great to see you, Mother," Dara said before letting her go.

'It's great to see you again, child.' Soo Young signed at her. Then she looks at Seung Hyun. Dara smiles. "Mother, this is Choi Seung Hyun, my boyfriend. Seung Hyun, this is Kwon Soo Young, she's Mino and Ji Yong's mom." Dara said. Seung Hyun smiles at Soo Young and bows to her. "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Kwon." He said.

Soo Young signed something. Seung Hyun looks at Dara.

"She said it's nice to meet you too," Dara said. Dara looks back at Soo Young.

'What are you doing here?' Soo Young asked.

"We're on a short vacation, Mother. We're exploring the market while looking for something to cook for dinner." She answered her.

Soo Young waved her hands. 'Don't bother. Just come with me to my home and let's have dinner together. I will cook for the two of you.' Dara looks at Seung Hyun. "Mother is inviting us to her home for dinner." She said while looking anxious. She knows that it's awkward to meet her ex-boyfriend's mother and it's more awkward to have dinner with her. But Seung Hyun looks fine and smiling at them.

"Sure. Let's go." He said. Dara grips his hand to thank him. She then gazes back at Soo Young. "Let's go, Mother?" she said. Seung Hyun offers help to Soo Young by carrying the plastic bags she's carrying. Soo Young told Dara that she just needs to buy some seafood for them. Dara paid for it in return and they went to her home.

It took them 20 minutes driving to her place. It's a small house in a good neighborhood. Ji Yong did well in giving her mother a nice place to live in. When they enter, Soo Young points Seung Hyun to place the bags on the kitchen counter.

The first thing that Dara noticed is the family portrait on the wall. It was the family picture of Soo Young, Ji Yong, Mino, Seungri and her that they took when Ji Yong and her stayed at Mino and Seungri's place in Busan.

Seung Hyun and Soo Young returned to the living room and they noticed Dara looking at the portrait. Soo Young looks at Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun is just expressionless as he looks at the portrait. In Seung Hyun's mind, he can see how Dara adores Soo Young in that picture and vice versa. He can't deny that Ji Yong and Dara have a history together, that he will always be a part of her past. He just hopes that he will have better times with Dara that Ji Yong had with her. Soo Young went to her drawer and picks up a pen and notepad. She writes something on it and shows it to Seung Hyun. He reads it.

'I'm sorry about the portrait. I know my son and Dara already broke up but I can't take down the picture. She's like a daughter to me.' She wrote while looking anxious. Seung Hyun smiles at Soo Young. "Don't worry, Mrs. Kwon. I don't mind. It's a lovely family portrait." He assures her.

Dara looks back at them. "What is it?" she asks.

"Nothing." Seung Hyun happily said. "Mrs. Kwon said she needs help in cooking. Why don't you help her? I just need to call Dae Sung and talk to him regarding my business trip."

"Okay." She said as she walks towards Soo Young. Soo Young is still looking at Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun just smiles back at her and excuses himself and went out of the house. Soo Young and Dara went to the kitchen and starts cooking.

Soo Young asks Dara to chop some vegetables as she prepares the seafood for the soup.

After an hour, Soo Young is sitting as she waits for the soup to be ready as she watches Dara plates some side dishes on small plates and bowls.

"Mother, would you like me to bring some of your side dishes for Mino and Ji Yong when I get back to Seoul?" she asks before looking at Soo Young.

'It's fine. I just send some last week. It will last them for two months.' She signed. Dara just nodded.

"Mother, I'm sorry that I wasn't able to call you after my break up with Ji Yong. Things got really depressing when I found out that my mother is sick." Dara explains. Soo Young shook her head. 'You don't have to be sorry, child. I should be the one to apologize to you. You've been through a lot and Ji Yong hurt you. I'm so sorry' Soo Young apologizes.

"I hurt him too, Mother. You don't have to apologize for that. But Ji Yong is unstable now. I think he's depressed after he found out about my depression and attempt of ending my life before. But Seungri and Mino already booked him to meet a psychiatrist. He'll be fine." She assures Soo Young.

'I will visit him as soon as I can.' Soo Young told her. 'Choi Seung Hyun is a nice man. He's been outside for a while now. I think he's giving us time to talk freely.' Soo Young grins. Dara sighs and grins back. "He is nice, mother. And I love him." Dara said.

'I'm happy that you have him. I can see how much he adores you. You deserve to be happy and be loved, child.' Soo Young said.

"Thank you, Mother"

They heard the door opens, a sign that Seung Hyun comes in. He then appears at the kitchen door. "I'm done" he chimed in "It smells good here. I can smell it from the outside."

"Are you hungry?" Dara asks.

Seung Hyun smiles sheepishly. "Kind of."

'Tell him it will be done in five minutes. He should take a seat on the dinner table and wait.' Soo Young signed to Dara.

"Mother said that it will be done in five minutes. You should take a seat in the dinner table and wait" Dara told Seung Hyun.

"Can I help with anything?" he asks. Dara shook her head. "Just go and sit."

Seung Hyun shrugs and went to the dinner table. Dara sighs and looks back at what she is doing. Soo Young is staring at Dara the whole time. She can see that Dara is really happy with Seung Hyun. Sadly, it didn't get well for her and her son but she's happy that Dara never changes her treatment towards Soo Young even years had already passed.

The dinner is great. Soo Young was pleased that Dara and Seung Hyun enjoy the food she prepares for them. She also witnessed how attentive the couple to each other. Like Dara keep putting some meat on Seung Hyun's bowl and Seung Hyun pouring water on Dara's glass. Seung Hyun insists that he will wash the dishes and let the two women talked more.

Dara received a call from Young Bae and she needs to answer it so she excuses herself to Soo Young and went out. Soo Young went to the kitchen and tries to help Seung Hyun. Seung Hyun noticed that Soo Young is standing nearby while watching her.

"Mrs. Kwon, I'm okay here. You can rest in the living room." Seung Hyun said. Soo Young picks out the pen and notepad and wrote something on it. She shows it to Seung Hyun.

'Daran received a call and went out. I just want to know if you need help.'

Seung Hyun shook his head. "It's fine, Mrs. Kwon. I'm halfway in finishing this." He claimed.

Soo Young write something again in her notepad. Seung Hyun is rinsing the dishes but he noticed that Soo Young is writing a long message because she's been flipping pages after writing.

He was rinsing the pot when Soo Young taps him. Seung Hyun looks at her and she shows her notepad to him.

'Choi Seung Hyun-ssi, thank you for bringing smiles on Dara's pretty face again.' Flips 'I know that I have no right to ask you this but Dara is precious to me.' flips 'Please always make her smile and love her dearly. I feel bad about what my son did to her.' Flips 'All I wish is for her to be happy and for Ji Yong to move on from her.' Another flips 'As I see tonight, you make her happy and she makes you happy' flips again 'I hope for the best for the two of you.' Soo Young smiles at him as she set aside the notepad.

"Don't worry, Mrs. Kwon. I will make her happy always. And I love her so much." He said. Soo Young gives him thumbs up and pats his shoulder.

The two didn't know that Dara is watching them by the door. Hearing Seung Hyun says that he loves her always gives Dara butterflies on her stomach.

Seung Hyun and Dara bids goodbye to Soo Young and they went back to their rented home. They are on their bed. Seung Hyun is running his hands on her arm as he holds her close to him.

"Did you enjoy this day?" he asks.

"Yeah. I enjoyed everything. And I'm happy to see Mother again. I'm glad we talked. I feel bad for not communicating with her after my break up with Ji Yong." Dara guiltily said.

"She understands. The fact that she treated you the same even you and Ji Yong are over means she still sees you as her daughter."

"You're right. And she fed us well." She giggles.

"Yes. I really like that octopus soup she made." Seung Hyun sighs.

"I will ask Mother for the recipe of that."

"Good." He said. "Let's sleep. We're going to hike early morning tomorrow. Then, we will have black pork for lunch."

"I think I will eat a lot after that hike." She said as she places her hand on Seung Hyun's chest. "I better sleep." She said as she closes her eyes.

"Sleep well, Dara." He paused. "I love you."

"I love you too" she mutters. Seung Hyun continues to rub his hand on her arm and waited for her to fall in deep sleep. He's happy that he got to spend that day with her and he's glad that they meet Soo Young for Dara's sake.

Seung Hyun moved Dara on her side of the bed. He gets off the bed and went outside to drink some water. When he gets back, Dara is still in deep slumber. He went to the clothes rack and picks out something in the pocket of his jacket.

A deep blue velvet ring box is on his hand. He opens it and reveals a beautiful princess cut diamond ring. He stares at it. He was planning to propose to Dara over dinner but then, they meet Soo Young. He picks out the ring from the box and holds it eye level to him. He sighs.

"It's not time yet." He told himself. He puts back the ring in the box and hides it on his luggage. He bought the ring yesterday. Seung Hyun is decided that he wants to marry Dara. Given the circumstances now, he will propose to her when the right time comes.

A/N: This is a filler chapter. Short but sweet. LOL Anyway, sorry for the slow update. I'm writing this and 'The Realest Thing' at the same time. Both have plots to follow but my time is limited since I'm working. Anyway, few more chapters to go and it's the end. I can't!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 309 8
A Sequel or should I say, Part II of my One-Shot entitled Invisible Man. So, here you go... Sandara Park, called as Dara by some of her close fr...
151K 4.1K 66
Dara is a simple, smart and hardworking girl who only wish to live a normal life and find her Mr. Right with the help of her best friend. Jiyong is a...
24.8K 342 35
A girl who was about to be fallen apart because she can't still moved on she still loves him inspite of being seperated for 5 years now. Her friends...
161K 3.9K 46
(Also posted on AFF.) They met when he was the newest singing sensation to rock the kpop music scene. He had the perfect blend of looks, wit, chari...