The Protector

By ShadeandShadows

Thrust into an unknown world that had only lived in myth, Tracy Evans finds herself mated to a werewolf, Prot... More

Author's Note (Please read)
Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3 (Mature Content)
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 (Mature Content)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (Mature Content)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Short Bonus)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 (Mature Content)
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (Mature Content)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 (Mature Content)
Chapter 37 (Mature Content)
Chapter 38 (Mature Content)
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Not a Chapter
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 (Mature Content)
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Just a note... please read.
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Before we continue... Help Wanted
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Author's Note (Ignore this)
Author's Note
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
THE END
Author's Note
Q & A
NEW BOOK!!!
EXCITING NEWS!!!

Chapter 61

2.1K 111 55
By ShadeandShadows

We have roughly 3-5 Chapters left... I might break some of them up because they're becoming rather lengthy. 

This chapter will contain violence, but not excessive gore so chill.

CHAPTER 61

2 days ago...

The grand hall was very industrial with concrete floors covered with a thick grey carpet. Brick walls were painted white and exposed metal beams hung in the ceiling. White and black cushioned seating benches, filled with guards and members of various packs that came with their Alphas, were placed in neat rows behind a metal gate. A raised platform with a long table was set in front resembling the layout of a courtroom.

Tracy, Gideon, Jordan, and Lucy sat on chairs, situated in front of the metal gate, on the right side. On the left, sat Elder David Rameeta. Jordan said that the others were Alphas of some of their rival packs including Colin Winters, Alpha of the Midway pack, who sat next to Elder Rameeta.

Alpha Winters was intimidating with a permanent scowl deeply embedded in his face. Tracy felt a shiver go up her spine as the mountain of a man stared at her with creepy ice cold eyes.

^Alpha Colin Winters^

The banging of a gavel, drew everyone's to the front. The seven council members sat with their mates behind the table. Tracy recognized Soloman and Maria Grey, they were one of the younger couples on the dais. Both looked at her with concern. Solomon mouthed, "Jonathan?" Tracy just shook her head. A much older man that introduced himself as Head Council Harry Lanton and his mate Abigail to the gathering.

"We are here to address some concerns that have been brought to the attention of this council. Presiding are Council Adam Hale and his mate Amanda, Council Solomon Grey and his mate Maria, Council Yorick Standish and his mate Sylvia, Council Douglas Monroe and his mate Agnes, Council Pott Hart and his mate Doris, Council Bruce Lang and his mate Diana."

Pausing he looked over the occupants in the chairs before him, "Luna Mason?"

"Yes, Sir?"

"Where is your mate, Alpha Jonathan Mason?"

"He was unable to attend."

Council Hart spoke, "This council is very busy and for an Alpha not to attend is an insult."

"As Luna I am here to represent the Cub Creek Pack."

"Males are not allowed to rule without a female because it's in the best interest of the pack to have both a firm hand to rule and gentle hand to care. Now why should we allow just yourself to represent your pack without a mate?"

"As Luna I am the mother of the pack. I care for my pack and there isn't a person in the world that would dare cross a pissed off mother."

The council spoke among themselves. Elder Rameeta stood quickly, "Council if I may speak?"

"You may." Council Lanton invited.

"My dear Luna here makes an excellent point." he smiled mockingly towards Tracy, "There isn't a person that would cross a mother so therefore she should be enough to represent her pack." he said obviously eager to begin without Jonathan thinking that it would work towards his advantage.

"I believe that both Alpha and Luna should be together since both are important for any decision regarding their pack." Solomon interjected.

"A vote!" Council Lanton's mate, Abigail suggested.

"Very well, those in favor and those against?"

The men turned and whispered to their mates before voting. The tally was even 3-3 with mates' agreement. Meaning that all the females on the council were of accord with their mates and chose not to participate in the ballot. If a wife would be in disagreement with her mate then all the wives would vote as well. Council Lanton had the deciding vote. After conferring with his wife, he said, "Very well, Luna Mason will represent the Cub Creek pack. I am curious though about the others you have with you."

Tracy stood, "Sub-Beta Jorden Baines of the Cub Creek Pack, Lord Gideon Blood of the Blood Royal Coven, and Witch Lucy."

"This meeting is about werewolf matters not vampires or witches." Council Standish said with obvious dislike for other creatures.

"With all due respect sir." Tracy interrupts, "A pack is a family. Not bound by blood but by spirit. Opening yourself up spiritually to another person takes bravery and trust. To accept another as your own and share what you can whether it be in terms of assistance, training, or simply being a source of support when facing judgement takes loyalty. Loyalty, Bravery, and Trust that is what my pack represents and I fully embrace these non wolves as part of my pack."

Solomon and Maria smiled in approval.

"Well put Luna Mason," Council Lanton said, "I suppose that addresses the question of your recent acceptance of two vampires in your pack quite nicely."

Council Lang spoke up, "What of your training these Omegas. Some," he paused with a sly look towards Elder Rameeta and the others, "Believe that training Omegas to fight will encourage a revolt and laziness."

"A Pack is expected to stand together in the face of adversary. Is it fair to ask part of that pack to be at the mercy of a rogue simply because there was no one nearby to defend them? Those who do not know how to fire a gun can still be killed by a bullet. (Author's Note: I am not arguing for or against gun control. The way it's written just fits my story...this is a work of fiction but dang... people are sensitive). At least they now have a means of defense." Tracy took a deep breath, "An Omega works harder in a week than most werewolves work in a year. Try cleaning a bathroom for 500 wolves and you'll figure that out rather quickly. They deserve a break. Though I'm not sure if it can be called such given that their 'break' is a normal pack member's 'hard day's work.' Reformation is needed not only with the Omegas but with regular and ranking wolves as well."

The council whispered together as a loud mummer rose from the crowd behind her. Tracy could hear mutters of "crazy," "not fit to be Luna," and "trouble." Refusing to be a coward she stood straight and tall, ready to meet the next challenge. Ballot papers were passed out among the council. A few minutes later the slips were gathered and counted.

"It has been decided that Luna Mason may continue with the program initiated by the Cub Creek Pack. Though it has never banned our council supports the training of Omegas in defense and as secondary fighters should a pack be under attack." Council Lanton was interrupted by growls coming from the Alphas next to Elder Rameeta. A stern glare quieted the noise but petulance was evident on their faces, "Luna Mason you may be seated."

Tracy sat with trembling limbs between Gideon and Jordan. Despite the calm expression on her face, her heart was racing and she felt nauseous. The relief she felt was tremendous but they were not out of the shit pot yet. Gideon took her hand subtly and immediately she felt calm.

"The vote was 5-2 with mates' agreement. Finally, our last order of business." Council Lanton looked to the left side, "Elder Rameeta, the floor is yours."

"I wish to invoke Heir's Rights to challenge Luna Mason for the Cub Creek Pack."

The council members were shocked while the audience tittered in anticipation. Most of them were there for the other side and since their Alpha's were against change and Tracy, so were they.

"Son of a Bitch!" Jordan muttered angrily.

"The line of father to son has been in order since the beginning of the Cub Creek Pack." Solomon spoke firmly.

"Not so, Council Grey," Rameeta challenged arrogantly, "My father's father died leaving his oldest son, my uncle, his heir. However, my uncle also died shortly after finding his mate. My father was then named Alpha by the elders and the council. A male child was born to my uncle's widow and that child was given the Alpha's position when he found his mate. It was speculated that the child belonged not to my late uncle but to my father. Making him my younger brother."

"Bullshit." Jordan muttered under his breath.

"Speculation?!" Council Monroe burst out, "What speculation? There was no such speculation or evidence brought when the case came before the council."

"My father was not much of a 'dad' figure and avoided the responsibility of fatherhood like a plague. However he was Alpha and I do have a claim to be the rightful ruler of the Cub Creek Pack. That is the law."

Council Lanton sighed, "That is indeed the law but this law can only be invoked once. It would be much wiser to wait and perform a blood analysis supporting your claim as the elder sibling rather than to challenge."

"I realize that, sir. BUT I want this resolved immediately so as not to take up any more of the council's valuable time." Elder Rameeta insisted.

"I bet his old white ass does just cause Jonathan's not here to knock some color into it." Jordan grumbled not so quietly.

"Shh," Tracy whispered, "You're like an older version of Reilly."

Jordan shot her a sarcastic look.

"I challenge the Luna to a fight for the Cub Creek Pack." Elder Rameeta said smugly, "Since I have passed my prime and have no sons. I name Alpha Colin Winters my representative and his second son to be my heir."

The Council members talked among themselves. Council Lanton asked, "Luna Mason? Do you accept it?"

"Yes."

"NO!" Gideon roared.

Lucy stood and walked forward calmly, "Sirs and ladies of the Werewolf Council. If I may?" she asked waiting to speak with their permission.

"Yes?" Council Lanton replied.

"Our Luna's scent has changed. So therefore, she cannot fight."

"What does that mean?" Tracy whispered to Jordan who looked startled before sniffing the air like most werewolves in the room.

"I would like to propose an alternative. Heir's Right allows mates to fight on behalf of their females. Lord Gideon Blood will fight this challenge on his Eternal One's behalf."

"Accepted." Council Lanton replied immediately with relief.

Tracy felt completely lost, "Wha-?" she started to ask but Gideon stood and removed his jacket and button up shirt. A small black birthmark of a crescent moon stood out against his pale skin. It was located at the base of his neck about his shoulder, in the same spot that a werewolf usually marks their mate. "Not that I'm protesting a striptease, but what the hell is happening?" she asked Jordan while eyeing the toned muscular form.

"Gideon is fighting on your behalf."

"What?! Why? I can fight on my own behalf."

"Not this time." Lucy said.

"But-"

"Shush," Jordan said, the anticipation evident in his voice.

Tracy huffed as they followed the crowd to a gladiator-like arena outside the compound. More people and guards came to sit in the stands. Everyone was excited to see a fight between a Royal Vampire and Alpha.

"Lord Blood and Alpha Winters." Council Lanton said from the balcony overhanging the stands, "This is to be a fair fight and the rules of engagement apply. Fight until one of you yields or dies."

"Wait, dies?" Tracy asked baffled.

"I doubt it'll come to that." Jordan commented distractedly. Tracy felt far from reassured.

The Alpha shifted into his huge dark grey wolf with icy blue eyes. His jaws snapped as he snarled in anticipation.

Gideon transformed into his full vampire form. Muscle mass increased by more than 75% and his height was now over 7 feet. His skin turned completely black with a purplish sheen, the color of a born Royal, and became tougher than steel armour but had the consistency of leather. His eyes were glowing blood red and nails extended into talons with silver tips. All of his teeth became razor sharp and his fangs protruded. He was scary as fuck.

With an ear piercing howl, the Alpha's wolf charged forward determined to end his opponent's life. Gideon watched the animal barrel towards him. At the last second, Gideon ducked under the creature's chest and struck it's belly with the talon like claws. The Alpha fell sliding across the sand pit. The silver on the tips slowed the healing process. Still he got back on his paws to attack again.

It was clear after a few hours that the Alpha was exhausted. Bloody and wounded he refused to yield. Not once did Gideon attack, instead he merely countered and waited. The wolf's bulk was no match for the vampire's agility. Shifting back into human form, the Alpha panted from exertion.

"You are a coward!" he accused.

Gideon also transformed, "How so?" he asked calmly.

"You do not fight! You run around refusing to engage knowing that I'll beat you."

"I do not wish to harm you." Gideon replied casually, "I'll make you a deal. If I can land ten shallow scratches in a manner that would have almost guaranteed your death, will you yield?"

"You have to do it within 30 minutes." the Alpha smirked doubting the vampire would risk getting hurt nor would he have the skills to take down an Alpha.

"Done."

Both men returned to their fighting forms. Within a minute, Gideon sliced the Alpha's throat twice. Five minutes later he had completed six more of the required cuts. Winters shifted once more.

"Ow. Fuck!" He yelled holding the gash on his stomach in an attempt to staunch the bleeding.

"Alpha Winters do you need a moment?" Gideon asked politely demonstrating good sportsmanship.

"Fuck you."

"Generous of you but I don't swing that way."

"I've killed plenty of your kind." Alpha Winters sneered, "Ended them all like the filthy rats they were."

Gideon didn't respond to the bait instead he simply crossed his arms, "Whenever you're ready, Alpha."

The remaining gashes were made in less than ten minutes. Alpha Winters had passed out after the last cut, due to exhaustion and blood loss. The werewolf's large frame was removed using a crane since he had not shifted prior to falling unconscious.

Council Lanton stood, "Lord Blood is the clear winner and the Heir's Rights Challenge has been decided in favor of Alpha and Luna Mason."

The crowd roared in approval and everyone was dismissed.

Elder Rameeta looked on with bitter hatred in his heart but he merely smiled coldly at Tracy and clapped mockingly while the crowd around him cheered for the excitement of the blood sport.

============================================

Kind of a long chapter... but a good chapter is like a good dick... it's never too long ;). 

So what did ya'll think? 

Theories? Predictions? Weather commentary? Anything?

Voting is appreciated and comments keep me going...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 193K 56
"We have a feisty one," he mumbled, tracing kisses down my neck, settling just above my breasts as he admired them, licking his lips. "She said no!"...
3M 137K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
267 39 19
This is the sixth book in, "The Wars of Ivory White" series. The war has began and blood has been shed. Excerpt: Tracy drew a breath and held the w...
94.4K 1.7K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...