ENCHANTED - James Potter (rew...

By siriuswars

" you could have told me " " how could i when all i would hear daily was lily-pd this, lily-pad that " .・。.・... More

ENCHANTED
00. Prologue
00. Fifth Year
01. Hogwarts Express
02. Quidditch
03. Potter
05| Butterbeer
06| Spring
07| Wishful Thinking
08| Solar
09| Moody
10| Winter Wonderland
11| Blessing
12| Thestrals
13| New Years
I Have Something To Say
Hey guys...

04| Support

5.8K 189 99
By siriuswars

04. Support

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

    HER EYES WERE GOING TO GET STUCK — with how often James Potter said something either idiotic or utterly annoying. It was an early Monday morning a few weeks since the event with Lily. Nobody had told James about the fall out between the two witches because of his expected reaction. The two girls were dorm mates and ever since the room holds an awkward tension. So, with the help of Sirius, Angelica and Remus, Eleanor formulated the perfect lie explaining why she was moving into the Marauders dorms. Eleanor was not a good actress. As James so kindly pointed out. Lying is like acting in a weird way. So this was a seemingly hard challenge for her. Eleanor only agreed as she already knows that he would excuse Lily's behaviour and blame Eleanor for it all. It was the tragic reality she had to accept.

      "Sirius, can you wack James for me?" Eleanor asked the friend who was walking between her and James.

      "Of course, Vix." Sirius followed the orders bringing a grin to her face.

      "Wha- Ow! Snuffles!" A confused James let out a string of puppy-sounding whines.

      "How could you betray me like that? I thought what we had was special." His theatrics caused the pair to begin throwing out back-and-forth dramatics.

      "Oi, James..." She caught his attention. "I didn't know you are a puppy. You taking Sirius' job too?" She had a mischievous gleam in her eyes.

       The group of five were already dressed for their Monday classes making them arrive early to the Great Hall for Monday breakfast. They entered the main hall in order. Well, once Angelica and Leia joined them. Angelica and Leia were walking with their arms linked with Eleanor's. Leaving the blonde to be sandwiched in the middle. Sirius, James and Peter filed in behind the girls. While Remus fell a few steps behind. As he and a fourth-year Ravenclaw engaged in a discussion that made them oblivious to their surroundings. Once at their usual place at the table. Lucia Lestrange bid her farewell as she headed in the direction of her house table. There were no rules about seating at breakfast. Causing Angelica to settle beside Sirius.

      "So what do we have today?" Eleanor spoke to no one in particular while she buttered her toast and stuffed it into her mouth actively listening to her friends.

      "You are lucky that we have all of our classes together." It was true, and she knew it. Nodding at Remus' words to show her agreement.

      "Our timetable is; Defense Against the Dark Arts. Muggle Studies... Your absolute favourite." Remus sent the girl a goofy grin turning his head to the side to look at her. It was obvious to Eleanor that his comment was dripping in sarcasm as he knew her hatred for learning about muggle activities and items when she comes to school for magic.

      "... Next, we follow with our shared study time before lunch. I am hoping to work with you in finishing the assigned Charms Essay about the knockback jinx "Flipendo" which is due when we have our last period. Charms, obviously." He had gone to great lengths to explain their day as they would be doing everything together as usual.

      "W-where w-w-would we b-be witho-out y-ou, Moony?" Peter managed to stutter out. All but the two Hufflepuffs sitting around them not understanding the strange nicknames the five other members at the table have for each other. They weren't to know Remus' secret.

      "Without him, we would be more reckless, Wormy." Sirius sassed back even though it was not his place. He slapped Peter's back by reaching behind James. This triggered Peter into a jump of surprise. The . growing quarrel was only minor, but Sirius' diva attitude left a higher possibility of it spiralling into something bigger. Eleanor felt it was her right to step in.

      "Now boys, why are you acting like Remus wouldn't want to be our brother?"

      "Honestly, it is so tragic of you to think that Moony doesn't love us." James added. Reassuring Remus from his internal insecurities, while backing Eleanor's point. With his words, any potential argument brewing was simmered Temporary peace and order was restored.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

      "SO REM..." ELEANOR BEGUN AS HER EYES — witnessed the stares of Lucia in Remus' direction. "What's happening?" He didn't respond for a while as his face flushed pink.

      "Nothing..." He avoided all eye contact with his study partner. "I don't think it is nothing. I think she likes you..." Eleanor playfully teased testing the water with her sensitive friend.

      "She could never like ALL of me... I'm a monster." He whispered into her ear afraid that Angelica or Leia would hear even though they had engaged in their own conversation. It struck her like a lightning bolt. He always had confidence issues, but this was still shocking to hear again and again. She loved him and knew that he was worth all the love in the world.

      "I think she could. She has the surname of one of the most prestigious Slytherin-exclusive, sacred pure-blooded families. The Lestranges. She broke Lestrange history by being sorted into Ravenclaw. She is smart, kind and not sly and cunning. She probably deals with abuse from her family so she is strong and understanding and from what I have heard, compassionate. Believe me when I say that she won't care. You are human. You are much more than your "furry" side. If she doesn't agree. She doesn't deserve you. Above all, you are a great person. You cannot control the side you hate the most. It isn't your fault. Remember, at the end of the say you will always have three brothers and one sister who love every part of you unconditionally, Remmy."

      "Ellie, thank you. You will never understand how much your words mean to me. Truly. I am so glad to call you my sister." She could tell that Remus was on the brink of tears as he pulled the kind girl into a tight, meaningful hug.

      "Most importantly, you are a Gryffindor. Brave and Loyal."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

      "I THINK WE SHOULD GET JONATHAN BACK."— James was loud as they all walked through the halls as the sun was setting. Eleanor had not been within earshot of the comment. This was because last time he made this mistake Eleanor yelled. To her, it didn't matter how much Jonathan has changed. She could never let her friends target her brother with their pranks. Mainly because of her brother being the biggest snitch she knows and if he does snitch she will have to fear the wrath of her mother's ways and obvious favouritism.

      Instead of hanging out with the usual group of boys. Eleanor split off with her only girlfriends. This was the time for some much needed time away. The boys were also finally able to return to their reckless pranking without 'Mother Elle' scolding them. It was a scene of peace and serenity as Angelica, Leia and Eleanor sat in the school's meadows. Angelica's head rested on Eleanor's lap who was playing with the blonde hair. Leia was sitting beside them leaning her head on the other girl's shoulder as they sat facing away from the castle enjoying the sun setting behind the Scottish Highlands.

      "So, Angelica... How's Sirius?" Eleanor spoke with a wavering voice used at many gossip sessions girls hold.

      "Yeah, Eli? How is he?" Leia Hudson spoke hinting at the obvious feelings they shared. Since Leia and Eleanor first met they had been hanging out regularly and with time Leia was growing more and more comfortable around the only friends she has ever had. Her comfort around them was not matching the level of comfort radiating from Eleanor and Angelica whenever they were near each other.

      "He's good. he loves to watch the stars with me at night. He points out all of his favourite's telling me all he knows. They are out on a regular date. Honestly. He is so dreamy. What a lucky girl I am." Angelica was blushing and smiling like a hopeless mess. Sirius had managed to make such an impact on her in such a short time. Her heart was his now, Eleanor knew that. Eleanor also knew she had to arrange to share some serious words with her cousin because of her friend being soo vulnerable. No, the words would not be kind, but they were essential from her point of view.

      "That is so cute, I have never been so in awe. I wish... somebody... was into me as you are Sirius."

      "Leia, you are amazing. I am sure one day you will find your own Sirius to you, Angelica." Eleanor commented offering Leia a side hug which she accepted.

      "Yeah, one day you will find the boy which will make all your wildest dreams come true." Leia shut her mouth. The words making her shudder. Her nerves were raised. The comment from Angelica was made without malicious intent but there was just a reason why Leia couldn't shake it from her consciousness. She has known who she was for a long time. It . was not a widely known fact around the school. The only people she had ever discussed her sexuality with were Peter Pettigrew. Only after he admitted his crush on her recently. The other being Marlene Mckinnon a Gryffindor in the year below of the Marauders and co. Who has been open about her sexuality since her third year.

      "About that..." Eleanor and Angelica both noticed a falter and Leia's breaths becoming more unsteady as she began to speak. Leia felt like her heart was caught in her throat. The idea of this changing everything was present in her mind. All in all, it was her nerves, it was all nerves.

      "Lee, what is wrong? Are you okay?" Angelica questioned in a softer, calmer voice. Showing her ever-so-caring side. Sitting up and facing Leia, Eleanor followed suit.

       "I don't... I don't like boys like that. Like you do. I am into girls. Like Marlene is." Her nerves were not calmed as she waited for the brief period while she waited for a response. It was waiting and waiting. the silence . was deafening to Leia. It felt like hours when it was only seconded.

      "Thank you, thank you for telling us. We don't care. You have the same emotions as we do, jus' to a different gender. it doesn't mean you are lesser in this friendship.

       "What Eleanor said. I could never change my opinion on you. You are my best friend." Eleanor, Angelica and Leia's bond had strengthened with this confession and a massive weight had been unloaded off of Leia's shoulders by her confession. know Leia felt as if she had all she needed. Knowing her friends who might as well be family than her French, Beaubaxton-loving family that hadn't cared for her when she admitted last summer.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

vote and comment!
Written: 07/02/2020
Edited: 08/02/2020
Word count: 1821

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.6K 38
"Did you honestly think that Potter's only fall in love once, Harry?" SHE'S DATING A MARAUDER | In which the gift she receive from her grandmother b...
402K 15.3K 103
❝It's a lovely day outside, Potter, maybe you should go and enjoy it? ❞ ❝I was going to but then you came inside and it got a whole lot lovelier in...
3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
298K 7.8K 34
He looks up, and those hazel eyes pierce mine. I don't look away because the seriousness in his gaze holds me there. "Lily, I love you." *I do...