In love with a Hitman (Hitman...

By Regnado

This is the second book in the Hitman series, it can be read as a standalone but you'll understand characters... More

Visual For The Characters!
One, Kayle
Two, Wyatt
Three, Kayle
Four, Wyatt
Five, Kayle
Six, Wyatt
Seven, Logan
Eight, Kayle
Nine, Wyatt
Ten, Kayle
Eleven, Wyatt
Twelve, Kayle
Fourteen, Kayle
Fifteen, Wyatt
Sixteen, Kayle
Seventeen, Wyatt
Eighteen, Kayle
Ninteen, Wyatt
Twenty, Kayle
Twenty-One, Austyn
Twenty-Two, Dane
Twenty-Three, Wyatt
Twenty-Four, Kayle

Thirteen, Wyatt

4.7K 246 6
By Regnado

13

Wyatt

I thoroughly enjoyed having her in my arms. Even more so naked like she was right now. She hummed softly snuggling closer.

"We should totally be getting up." She giggled.

"Probably, but I'm enjoying you right now."

"Can I ask you something?" She kissed my chest lightly.

"You can ask me anything sweetheart." I couldn't help but smile.

"Why are you so protective over me. I mean like if I wasn't in this situation and we just kept meeting up or whatever, and ended up here anyway without the fear looming over me...would you still be this protective?" I thought about her question for a minute. I knew what she was trying to ask.

"Just liking you isn't a good enough answer is it?" I laughed. I knew she was rolling her eyes.

"You know what I mean."

"It's the situation, I'd still be protective either way because of the way I feel about you, but it does have a lot to do with what happened to you and Michael still being on the loose." We haven't seen much of the dick head in the past three weeks, and its been pissing me off. I don't like that he can just show up whenever the hell he wants to and disappear just as easily. Especially when I have to be out of town.

"Is there a reason like why it is the situation?" I rubbed down my beard and sat us both up.

"There is a reason that your specific situation hits home for me." She pulled the blanket up on her bare chest, thankfully because even though it's a welcomed distraction, I really needed to tell her this before our relationship grew any further. "When I was growing up, my father would... He wasn't a good man. On several occasions I was left with bruises, and that was because I wouldn't let him touch my sisters or my mom. One time it happened I wasn't home, I was getting off the bus and saw an ambulance outside of our house, along with a cop car. My father was screaming from the back seat of the cop car and I realized it was my Mom in the ambulance. It took a few days but finally we were allowed to go see our Mom in the hospital. Only problem being she could no longer hear us." A small gasp left her full lips.

"Wyatt...how old were you?" That sad look of pity on her beautiful face is what I hated most when anyone heard about my childhood.

"I was 9, and my Mom was never going to be able to hear my voice again. Reality sunk in that she would never hear my kids talk if I ever had them, or hear any of us laugh ever again. It was hard to process and get over, but I moved forward, as my mom learned to sign all of us kids did as well. My father never came back, he was in jail for 10 years. The day he got out I found him. I had just finished boot camp for the Navy, and I beat the shit out of him." I smiled. "It felt great to give him a taste of his own medicine. But now, being 27 I realize it was stupid. I moved my mom and sisters out here as soon as I could afford it, just so that he could never find us without crossing a state line, which he isn't allowed to do. So, finding out Michael did what he did brought a lot of that shit back."

"I really don't know what to say besides thank you, and you are amazing." I smiled and kissed her before someone started knocking on my bedroom door.

"Yea?" I yelled.

"Casey just got here, and so did Layla and the kids. She wants to ask you something." Liliana yelled through the door.

"Alright be out in a minute." I looked back at Kayle and winked. "Looks like we have guests we need to entertain." She smiled and got out of bed. I threw my shorts on along with a shirt and headed out of the room after giving her a chaste kiss. My sister Layla was waiting for me at the end of the hall by the kitchen. "Hey you okay? Where are Ella and Ethan?" She gave me a half smile.

"Yea, they're outside with Carson, weird question but, is Ehren coming tonight?"

"No, he said he had to go to Toronto, something with his dad." She nodded. "Why?"

"I was just wondering; it's been awhile since he and I talked. Just wanted to catch up." I could tell she was lying but I let it go. "Need me to do anything?" I shook my head.

"We've got it, excited for you to meet Kayle though." She smiled.

"Is that why you weren't already out here?" I smiled and looked away shaking my head before walking the rest of the way into the kitchen where Casey already had a beer in his hand. He just smiled at me and tipped it in the air. I shook my head again and laughed.

Kayle came out a few minutes later.

"Hey Casey." She smiled at him and opened the fridge to grab herself a drink. Casey smiled wide at her.

"Hey girl." She shook her head and rolled her eyes before coming to stand next to me.

"So, how many of your sisters are going to be here?" I laughed.

"All of them. Along with their kids."

"And suddenly I'm nervous, warn me now if I'm meeting your mom too." I laughed again watching her closely.

"She is not going to be here, she doesn't like big crowds, and even though she knows basically everyone that will be here today she wasn't comfortable with coming. I can invite her to dinner tomorrow or something though if you want to meet her." She was about to talk when a blonde little munchkin came running in the house laughing and ran into Casey's legs.

"Daddy she gone get me!" Lainey was walking through the slider laughing, I looked over at Kayle and her eyes were wide and she coughed a few times. Casey's head flew in her direction and his eyes went wide as well. I completely forgot that Kayle didn't know about Carson. "Daddy! UP! Hurry!" Casey picked up Carson but his eyes didn't leave Kayle's. Lainey came over and tickled Carson till he wiggled to be put down and took back off still laughing, Lainey followed after a shy smile to Casey, that he didn't even notice.

"Kayle..."

"Does she know." The expression on Kayle's face was more hurt than anything. Even more so after Casey shook his head no. "You can't expect me to lie to my best friend for you."

"Is she coming today?"

"No, she had to work."

"So, then you don't have to lie to her. Just..."

"Don't you even she is my best friend Casey!" Casey ran his hand down his face.

"I know. I'm not asking you to lie, just can you not bring up the fact that I have a kid and let me tell her. Everything with her and I, has been going so well. I don't want it all fucked up because I omitted the fact that I have a son." Kayle had her hand over her mouth, and she was looking everywhere but Casey or myself. Then she turned to me.

"You knew, and didn't tell me." I put my hands up in defense.

"It wasn't my place to go around spilling laundry like that." She closed her eyes and bit her lip before walking away from us.

"Kayle, please don't say anything." Casey yelled after her, she just threw her hands up and closed my bedroom door behind her. "Dude, talk to her please. If she tells Logan, Logan's going to think I'm a liar. Wyatt please." I took a swig from my beer.

"I'm not telling that woman what to do, she's going to do what she wants to. You fucked up by not telling Logan sooner, maybe you should worry about that." I shrugged my shoulders and walked into the bedroom shutting the door behind me.

"I'm so sorry, I overreacted, please don't be mad at me." Her sudden apology surprised me. "Wyatt, I'm really sorry I didn't mean to get so upset. Logan is my best friend, and I am just so angry and I'm sorry." I stopped her pacing and rubbed my hands up and down her arms.

"Sweetheart, I'm not mad at you." I smiled.

"You aren't?" Relief washed over her.

"Of course not, why would I be mad at you?" She shrugged her shoulders.

"Because I got upset and..."

"Baby, you're allowed to be upset. Everything in life isn't candy and ice cream darlin'." I let out a small laugh then realized this was most likely a trigger for her. That asshole probably did something to this beautiful girl if she had emotion. "He didn't like that you have a fire in you, did he?" She shook her head lightly. I nodded. "I like that fire, please don't let it burn out. I love that you are so you around me, don't change that. I like the challenge you bring me." I smiled and she looked up at me with her lip between her teeth.

"Really? He said that was my worst quality."

"To get upset about something that upsets you? Fuck him. Logan is your best friend, Casey not telling her something that important should piss you off. You're good I promise. Casey on the other hand is freaking out." I laughed which she thankfully returned.

"Good, he should be."

"That'smy girl. Let's get back out to this party alright?" She nodded and went to walkaway I stopped her and pulled her lips to mine. "Okay we can go now." I smiledagainst her lips, she smiled as well before playfully smacking my chest. Weboth walked back out into the kitchen which was very full now that everyonearrived.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

STEPS By Elise

Non-Fiction

15.7K 889 34
This is my memoir. As such, I am letting you in on the most intimate parts of me. No glib opinion piece or a well-thought-out theory, this. It's me...
6.7K 284 26
Huntingtown was panicking; no one knew where the sirens were coming from. There was no electricity, and there was no way for the storm Sirens to be s...
157 33 16
SCREENPLAY VERSION.... I've lived the last eight years of my life in pain. Pain that should've brought me to my knees, with a big fat "Screw-you wor...
91.2K 4.3K 22
Third book in the Hitman series! It can be read as a standalone but highly suggest reading the others in order to understand the characters a bit bet...