♛ 𝓟ᴜʀɢᴀᴛᴏʀʏ | ᴛᴀᴇɢɪᴋᴏᴏᴋ

Від alicegrim_

yoongi was in coma for 7 months and woke up from losing track of his past. what's the worse thing that could... Більше

✶ w a r n i n g ✶
✰ purgatory; 001 ✰
✰ purgatory; 002 ✰
✰ purgatory; 003 ✰
✰ purgatory; 004 ✰

✰ purgatory; 000 ✰

1.4K 70 9
Від alicegrim_

Sniff.

Yoongi could pick up that horrible scent everywhere around him, making his nose twitched uncomfortably. His eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the bright light of the hospital—yes, he was sure that he's in the hospital just from the smell alone—and groaned in pain.

What in the world—

He could hear someone calling for his name. But he still couldn't grasp anything that were happening around him so he settled with a whimper, trying to move his hands and felt a light sting on his skin.

Fuck.

"Get a fucking doctor!" The man barked at the other person in the room. "What are you waiting for?!" The tall guy hurriedly call for the doctor.

So noisy.

Yoongi drifted off to sleep again, having no strength to even move his numb fingers let alone escape from the place he hates the most.

The sounds around him faded out, letting him fall deeper into his slumber. He was asleep once again, without knowing what awaits for him outside.

╰☆☆ ᴛᴀᴇɢɪᴋᴏᴏᴋ ☆☆╮

"He couldn't remember anything except his name. Why is it so hard for you to understand?" The doctor stressed, making the other male groan in defeat.

They were talking privately about him outside of his room yet strangely, Yoongi could still hear their conversation as clear as the day behind the brick wall. The annoying beeping noise couldn't even distract his hearing.

He looked at the needle that were buried deep into his skin. Want to rip it off. He frowned. It doesn't hurt but it's ugly. He casted his eyes on his left hand, eyeing it curiously. There, he saw a name that were permanently engraved horizontally on his wrist.

YOONGI

He frowned once again. Is that even my name?

The man who were standing outside of his room and were trying to convince the doctor to let him question Yoongi today has asked him about his identity few days prior. He showed Yoongi his badge and told him that he was a detective that were investigating his case seven months ago. But there was nothing that Yoongi could say to him.

He couldn't remember anything and he wasn't even sure that the name on his wrist was even his name. Thankfully the doctor rescued him just on time before the situation could get any worse and explain Yoongi's condition to the man. But he was still trying to question Yoongi despite the doctor's reluctance.

"Yoongi is my patient and his recovery is my top priority. Guilty or not, Yoongi needs his rest and a patient with amnesia like him shouldn't be pressed with bunch of questions that could possibly be a hindrance to his quick recovery." He recalled the doctor's words to the detective, which the man obviously didn't listen to.

Yoongi conclude that the doctor loves his job, including his patients. Mentally ill or not. A killer or not.

"Doctor Han, I know! But it's important! He could've been lying to me- no, to you about his memory loss. It's common for people like him to—"

Yoongi sighed. The detective was way too stubborn. He doesn't mind the questions but it did make him slightly uncomfortable since he couldn't give out any answers the detective desperately wants to hear. He wasn't even sure of who he is or who he was.

The doctor was right. It was stressful, so he choose to stay silent.

"I'm sorry, but don't disrespect my patient like that Detective Lee. It was stressful enough to woken up not knowing of who you are or anyone." The doctor tried to suppress his anger.

"I had a fair share of that years ago so please do not trigger him in any way. He's still in the process of recovering. Give us a letter from your superior if it's that urgent, only then I will let you interrogate him." His words was stern, a hint of dismissal in his voice towards the rather furious detective in front of him was clear.

"He fucking burnt his entire family Doctor Han. There's no way he couldn't remember it."

"I've said what I said Detective Lee. Don't make me call the securities to send you out."

With a cold, icy glare the detective glanced at the door one last time before he stormed away from the hallway. Doctor Han sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Goddamnit, why is that man so persistent?"

The doctor went into Yoongi's room and gave him a faint smile. Yoongi could see how tired he was after handling the stubborn detective.

"Hey, how's your dinner?"

Yoongi blinked at the sudden odd question. "It was... nice. I guess?"

The doctor nodded, smiling at Yoongi. The smaller man thought that the doctor would leave him after the silence and his lack of response. He didn't see how the doctor's face turned to grim.

"The detective couldn't find your identity." He softly started. Yoongi gave him his full attention.

"He couldn't find anything in the police's database and he couldn't find any of your belongings nor your papers in your burnt house." The doctor stared at Yoongi's blank face before he continue.

"There was a lot of family photos with you in it yet there was no trace of you." The doctor frowned. "So he tried to look for your information through the school you enrolled in. Without a clear lead it means that he had to search through every school and find a match with your name and photo." Doctor Han sighed. "Still, he couldn't find you."

I didn't hear about this earlier. Yoongi thought to himself. Must be their conversation before I woke up.

"Even the neighbors never saw, nor heard of you before. It's weird, don't you think?" The doctor stared at Yoongi intensely, trying to look for something in the other's eyes while observing his heart monitor once in a while. Steady.

When it feels like few minutes has passed without any clear response from Yoongi, only a confused and sad look on his face, the doctor cursed inwardly. "I'm sorry. I should've known better." He apologized.

"It's just- I don't know. The more he try to look for you the more weird it gets." The doctor walked towards the couch near the window and sat on it. Yoongi was still silent. He's been like that since he opened his eyes.

The only time he would talk was when he was questioned or when he doesn't like something. Doctor Han still remembers the first two words he uttered after he woke up from a coma,

"Fucking hospital."

Yoongi averted his eyes from the doctor, staring at the wall blankly. "I'm sorry." He mumbled. "I'm also... confused. I don't know.. myself." The doctor noted how Yoongi always dragged out the words before he completed the sentence, struggling to voice out his thoughts.

But it also crossed his mind that Yoongi could still talk fast, faster than anyone he had heard before when he voiced out his strong dislike towards a certain meal, fruit or veggies.

He also hates one of the nurse who accidentally touched the tattoo on his wrist. He was so aggressive about it that Doctor Han had to forcefully put him to sleep.

He even threw things at her. The doctor sighed when the nurse name Sihyun cried to him that day, asking to be put out of duty from taking care of Yoongi.

Just who exactly am I dealing with?

"Doctor Han." Yoongi's voice made him looked up at his patient. "Do you think... I'm sick?"

The doctor smiled softly at him. It was the first time Yoongi has asked him of something. "Well, aren't you? You're in the hospital. You lost your memory. Of course you're sick." Doctor Han nonchalantly replied as if the answer was obvious.

Yoongi tilted his head. "The man,"

The doctor frowned. "Detective Lee?" Yoongi nodded.

"He said... he found me... outside of the house... unconscious." The doctor nodded slowly. "I was caught in... fire?"

"Yes, you were unconscious and was found outside of your house." The doctor confirmed. "The detective believe that you started the fire and killed your entire family." Yoongi frowned. The doctor still observing his heart monitor.

"... Why?"

Doctor Han sighed. "I- I don't know. We shouldn't be discussing this. You need to rest."

Yoongi nodded at the doctor. The older smiled at him and wished him a good night before he exited the room, walking back to his office.

Yoongi lay down on his bed, staring at the ceiling.

No one knows me.

A sigh escaped his lips.

There's no data about me.

He clenched his fist.

Who exactly am I?

meanwhile,
DR. HAN'S OFFICE

"What are you talking about Hilda?"

Doctor Han is now in his office, talking to one of the person he wished he never known. The name alone left a bitter taste on his tongue.

"I heard one of your patient had a trouble with a stubborn detective."

"And?" He raised his eyebrow even though the caller couldn't see his expression. "What do you want with my patient?"

"The detective said that he was the one who started the fire."

The doctor froze. "H- How did you—"

"I have ears everywhere Han."

Of course. The realization made Han slumped on his chair.

"What do you want? He could've been framed. That detective was so convinced that he was the one who started the fire I'm starting to think he was crazy."

"He probably was, the kid I mean."

Han paused, clicking the pen on his hand slowly. "Why are you so sure? Do you know something that I don't?"

"JS called me that he will consider to bring the kid into Levant."

At the mention of Levant, Han cursed to the phone. "What if it's just a false accusation?! You will repeat what happened to the Kim siblings ten years ago! What the fuck is wrong with him?!"

"You are in no position to doubt his decision Han. You're working under him too."

"Levant is for criminals Hilda. He's not."

"Then let Leeteuk observe him here. Yoongi, was it? He'll be in great care here."

"Hilda—"

"He doesn't have a home. No relatives, no family. Let him enroll to Levant before that detective drag him to jail. I did tell you about him. If he's desperate enough that kid will definitely be thrown to jail in a few days."

"Yoongi is twenty four Hilda. Stop calling him a kid." Han rolled his eyes, rubbing his head in an attempt to get rid of his headache.

Twenty four. Han closed his eyes. After finding the obvious tattoo on his left wrist, he did find another tattoo behind his left ear.

The small number of 1993 behind his left ear was hard for him to notice at first since it was too small and it was hidden between his long black hair.

He didn't tell Yoongi about it since he wasn't even sure if it's his birth year. He didn't want to confuse the poor guy. But for the document purpose, just like his name, he wrote Yoongi and 1993 on the patient's paper.

"Wonderful. He's not a minor."

Han glared at the wall. "What are you trying to say—"

"It will be easier for the infamous Detective Lee to put him to jail. Sentenced for life even, based on his report."

"How the fuck did you know- wait, nevermind. Dumb question." He muttered. "Leeteuk and his damn connection to the police."

"Let us handle the kid Han. I'm sure he wants some new friends."

Han could see the smirk on Hilda's face from the way she speaks, making the doctor cursed her beautiful face. "Yeah? Some friends he'll make there." The sarcasm was evident in his voice.

"Han, you used to be one of Levant's student too."

"For being a damn conman." He frowned. "I've changed Hilda."

"Are you now?"

The question sounds like a challenge. But Han rolled his eyes.

"Think about it Han. Either way, he's going to be thrown to jail, with clear evidence or not. Leeteuk will be furious and find a way to drag the boy to Levant. Better if we do it now or someone's going to get hurt and you won't like it."

Han gritted his teeth. What if it's only false accusation? The doctor was doubtful that Yoongi was capable of such thing. But he lost his memory. No one knows him. Detective Lee couldn't confirm his identity. It's as if he was searching for a ghost.

The doctor sighed. He pitied the younger. He knew how it feels to wake up after a long coma and couldn't remember a single thing, not even about himself.

It hurts.

What about Yoongi's future? Sure, no doubt that Levant Academy would take care of him, give him a new home and chance to repent for his crime. But what if he's not guilty? It will be like ten years ago when they accused the Kim siblings for—

"Han, we don't have time for this. Tell him yourself or I'll send someone to pick Yoongi up tomorrow."

Han's eyes widened. "Tomorrow?! That's—"

"You tell him or I will."

Shit.

Han groaned. "Fine! But give me a week."

"You imbecile little twig," Han frowned at the odd insult. "Three days. And that's final."

"What?! No—" Before he can protest further, the line was cut and Han was left speechless. The doctor threw his phone to the wall, letting the poor item break from the impact.

"Fucking spawn of satan," He growled. "What am I supposed to tell him?" He whispered, feeling conflicted about the whole situation.

Yoongi is his patient.

He lost his memory and Han felt responsible to take care of him. The poor guy was even accused of burning his own house and killed his entire family. No one knows him let alone himself. He doesn't have anyone. Han even felt terrible for not telling him about the tattoo behind his left ear.

He cursed himself. He knew that Hilda was right too, in a way. If Leeteuk himself even interested to take Yoongi under his wing then...

"... I have to tell him." Han pursed his lips.

It was either jail or Levant. Yoongi himself doesn't have much of choice.

╰☆☆ ᴛᴀᴇɢɪᴋᴏᴏᴋ ☆☆╮

so far im crying.
this is going to be one hell of a ride.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

192K 9.5K 26
Taehyung, living in a perfect life with a good job and a beautiful girlfriend, Meet with an accident... waking up after several months, paralce of re...
302K 16.1K 43
Yoongi is in a relationship with Jimin that's falling apart but one night in a drunk sour mood Yoongi summons a demon that will do anything he asks h...
163K 6.4K 27
A bartender and an idol get drunk in Las Vegas and wake up married the next day without being able to remember anything. What at first seems like a d...
55.5K 2.4K 37
yoongi was in way over his head he knew he shouldn't have gone to that end of summer party and gotten a bit tipsy then accidentally stumbling into pa...