Stolen Innocence

By Mistykal_Angel

"Well actually, I am crazy for you!" He let out a soft chuckle against my neck, tightening his grip on my wri... More

1- The call that started it all...
2- OMG... he's here
3- Facing him the next day
4- Wait... Does he like me?
5- Ignoring him
6- Last day of school
7- Walking the stage and dodging him
8- Normal work day
9-Taken
10- Waking up dizzy sucks
11- My prison
12- Chains, really?
13- Seeing his ugly side
14- Facing his first punishment
15- Aftermath of his punishment
16- My first chance for escape
17- His torture is damaging me
18- Surprises and more surprises
19- My embarrassment endures
20- Always going to try to escape
21- Stupid Decisions
22- Unique Surprises
23- Dressing up to impress him
24- Seeing where he really lives
25- Will you ever change?
26- Fighting for what I want
27- The interview that will set me free
28- Preparing to keep her
30- Loosing his cool
31- His disappearing act
32- Pre-wedding Jitters
33- The Wedding Ceremony
34- Our Reception with a surprise visitor...
35- Kidnapped a second time
36- My knight in shining armor
37- Getting intimate
38- Statements
39- Finally admitting to what I've done
40- Getting Arrested for my crimes
41- My Disappearing act
42- His worst Nightmare come true
43- Getting the Information
44- The truth shall set you free
45- The truth always comes out
46- Silence can be deadly
47- The letter she wrote
Epilogue

29- Pretending to love him is never fun

331 3 0
By Mistykal_Angel

Makena's POV

I had put on an elegant black dress for tonight and was looking out the window into the pool beneath, watching the water ripple with the wind when I heard the door open. After a minute or so, I heard him clear his throat and turned to face him; he looked pissed off for some reason. When I saw the anger in his eyes, I tensed up. I backed up slowly, trying to maintain some space between us. I didn't know what he was angry about, or what made him look at me the way he did, but mentally, I was preparing myself for the worst.

I glance at him quizzically. "Come on, Makena, you have guests!" he growls.

"What?"

"Just hurry up, they're waiting for you!" he said, sounding so frustrated. I watched as he stepped out of the way, allowing me to leave the room on my own. As I stepped around him, he grabbed and tugged at my arm. Pulling me back into his chest, he placed his lips near my ear as he whispered, "Remember our story, don't get any bright ideas. The story stays the same as we told it to the reporter." he growled, sending shivers down my spine as he spoke.

"Y-yes..."

"Good girl, you get one warning. Don't make me hurt them; you are mine and will remain mine," he growled, his tone confusing me. I don't understand why he is acting this way.

As he led me to the grand staircase, he laced his fingers around mine. I noticed Suri and Jake standing by the door as we descended the stairs. It was because of them that he acted that way. I looked at my best friend, I wanted to run up to her and tell her everything that had happened. I wanted to tell her every little detail of what he had put me through. But I knew her life was at risk, and I couldn't do it. I continued to pretend to love this man.

Although Jake is a police detective, I knew that compared to his money and power, he was no match for Jesse. There was no way that he could help me. If he killed them, he'd punish me for making him do it. Instead, I chose to remain silent regarding all of it and stick to Jesse's story.

"Oh, Makena you have no idea how much I worried about you! Why didn't you think I would understand that you wanted to give Jesse a chance? I was the one who told you to go ahead and do it!" Suri said pulling me into a tight hug. She didn't want to let go either.

"You did?" Jesse asked, a bit confused, and she nodded to him.

As I turned to look at Jake, still engulfed in Suri's hug, I noticed he was shifting his stance. I could tell he was uncomfortable standing here and I watched him try to hide his glares at Jesse. I wanted to smile at him because I could tell that his cop brain must be working overtime right now. He smiled at me, and after Suri finally released me I gave him a small hug. It was a stiff hug, not like any he has ever given me before.

I glance up into Jesse's face as he sends me a soft smile back. "Well, this is awkward!" he smirks through a smirk.

"Did you literally just say that right now?" Jake asks while giving him a cheesy smile.

"Yes, I did."

"Jesse, should we maybe go and sit down somewhere?" I ask him, slipping my hand back into his and smiling up at him. Had to keep playing the part.

"Oh umm," he starts and looks back at Suri and Jake, scratching his head, "Yeah I asked Mary to take you guys to the living room! She didn't do that?" he asks them.

"Mary? Oh, that's your housekeeper or maid right?" Suri asks with a smile on her face.

"Yeah."

"Oh, well she did ask us but we declined the invitation, I told her that I would wait right here. I knew that you guys would be coming down the stairs, and I didn't want to miss this chance to see her." Suri explains to Jesse.

"Oh, well would you like to go sit down now?" he asks them both.

"Yes, we would be happy to go sit down." Jake says. We walked together to the living room where Suri and Jake sat on one couch and Jesse and I sat on the other.

"Master, I brought some freshly made lemonade and some tarts for your company!" I smiled at her as she brought in a tray full of yummy goodies, it had a pitcher of lemonade. She had a sweet smile plastered on her face as she walked.

"You seriously make her call you that?" he snaps and I could tell that he was livid.

"No actually she insisted on calling me that herself," he says looking from Jake to Mary, I could see the irritation in him growing. "Thanks, Mary, that's very thoughtful of you!" He watches her as she places the tray down on the coffee table in front of him. Then she slowly leaves the room.

"So Jesse, you must be pretty rich huh?" Suri asks, and he looks at her with an eyebrow raised as if to say "Duh".

"I do have a lot of money. Yes, you can say I'm rich. Tell me, Suri, why would you tell Makena to give me a chance after all that happened back in high school?" he asks in his authoritative tone, my eyes widen at his question and tone. I watch as she takes a deep slow breath, then turns to him to give him his answer.

"I told her to give you a chance because let's both face it, Jesse, you are hot! Plus highschool was forever ago, I figured you should have grown up since then," she says and I hear Jake clear his throat after she said that. "Jake you know I love you, but you can not fault me for having eyeballs. I only spoke the obvious truth here!"

"Yeah, sure!" Jake whispers. Right then I couldn't help but start laughing, I really missed the constant bickering between these two. Everyone turned to stare at me...

"What?" I asked.

"Why are you laughing?" Jesse asks me through a smile.

"I'm just laughing at these two love birds and their bickering, always acting like an old married couple. I've missed it, nothing has changed!" I chuckle.

"Oh course nothing's changed Makena, You've only been absent for the past several months is all and we are indeed married, you know!" Jake chuckles with me, his hand over his heart and he laughs.

"I know, I know... but still, it's funny!"

"If you say so!" he says with a smirk towards me.

Chuckling with me, "You know what I just thought about?" Jesse says out loud and everyone brings their attention back to him...

"What?" Jake pipes up.

I noticed Jesse's clenched jaw, he was either trying to control his emotions or he was trying to hide something big. "You told me years ago that I would never get a chance with Makena! That I lost any right to even try with her since you told me to keep it all a secret from her. Yet, I find out the day before graduation you told her everything". I stared at Jesse, he was gripping the couch with both of his hands. I could tell he was angry after Jake revealed his secret, which is why I didn't stop him after we walked at graduation. 

"I was planning on telling her myself at graduation, I was going to offer to take her out. I wanted to properly apologize and beg for her forgiveness, but because you told her everything she walked away from me not willing to give me a chance to speak to her at all."

"I'm sorry, dude, I didn't know what you were planning. All I knew was that my best friend needed answers after you left your message in her book, so I decided to tell her the truth. What will you do about it? Sue me?" Jake asks with a smirk.

"Jake! That's not even remotely funny!" Suri screams.

"What? I wasn't being serious, I'm sure he knows that" Jake says through a smirk, I could tell they were trying to make light of the situation.

"Well, frankly I am glad we are getting a chance to talk. Makena has told me a lot about the both of you, in fact, I understand you guys have a daughter who just happens to call her aunty?" Jesse smiles at them.

"Yes, we do. Her name is Breelynn, and we call her Bree. She has missed her aunt Kena so much!" Suri looks deeply into my eyes as if she is trying to read something in me. I send her a warm smile.

"I'm sorry Suri, I didn't mean to worry you guys, mainly little Bree!" I look back at her with sorrow in my eyes.

"We know that, I just wish you felt you could have trusted me with knowing it all..." Jake pipes up again, shooting me a look of defeat.

I stared up into his eyes, I felt so bad. "Oh Jake, I trust you!" I sent him a smile. "But someone reminded me that I want what you two have. I want my own little family, I'm finally moving on from Malcolm's death." I knew what I was saying was the truth, I was actually getting over Malcolm's death. It is mostly Jesse's fault, I have begun to feel something for him.

"Oh Makena, I am so happy for you! I was so worried you never would after Malcolm's death! I thought you would be alone for the rest of your life!" she tells us.

"Which reminds me, Makena, we actually have an announcement to make!" Jake says as Jesse reaches out to grab my hand, lacing his fingers into mine. He pulls me further into his chest as he embraces me in a loving embrace.

"What's the announcement?" I giggled as Jesse tickled me.

"Well..." Suri begins before Jake interrupts.

"We're having another niece or nephew here shortly!" He exclaims enthusiastically, and I looked over at Suri to see her glow as she rubbed the small bump on her belly. I could see her belly just starting to show, I felt such happiness for their news. I knew that they had been trying to conceive for several years now.

"OMG! That is amazing!" I scream out in joy, as I release myself from Jesse's hold and envelope Suri in a huge bear hug.

"Thanks, we actually want you to be the godmother again." She gazes at Jesse, "I guess because of the circumstances, that would make you the godfather to both of our children. Would you feel comfortable with that?"

"I would love that, I love kids! I want kids of my own... I'm so grateful for your kindness... I thought you wouldn't like me, be against it all, against us!" he gestures between him and me, surprised.

I knew he was pleased that I wasn't saying anything to Jake. We talked for a little while longer, catching up on what had happened in the restaurant since I went away. They also told me about the break-in that happened, and I felt bad lying to them about not knowing anything about it as I wanted to scream out the truth and tell them I was kidnapped that day. But instead, I say, "It must have happened after I left for work!"

"Well, then you were really lucky! They just about wiped us out, thank god for homeowner's insurance." Jake says softly... I gave them both a hug as they were about to leave. "Hey Dude, take care of her! Don't be a stranger, you are family now!"

"Same to you, maybe we can do a BBQ soon," he said with a smile on his lips.

"That would be great, I'm really looking forward to not hating you anymore, Jesse!" Jake scolds.

"Same here, dude... same here!" Jesse says in a cold tone.

"I hate to interrupt, but Jesse I'd like to ask Suri an important question about the wedding!" I ask lightly, watching him stare at me. I gulp down some air without allowing him to intimidate me.

"Ok, you don't need my permission," he says, flashing me his pearly whites.

Turning to Suri, "Suri, I would love it so very much if you would be my Maid of Honor!" I ask her, watching as the smile returned on Jesse's face, grew even larger than before.

"That's a great idea! Jake can be one of my groomsmen and little Bree can be our flower girl." "Sorry, Jake, I've already got my best man" Jesse explains.

"Oh no worries, that sounds fine," Jake said calmly.

"See you soon!" I wave from the door.

Suri says, "Yeah, see you soon Kena! Hey, do you want to come and get your stuff? That way I can make a nursery for the baby!" I glance over at Jesse, who smiles at me.

"Yeah, we will get it soon. Thanks again, guys!" Jesse yells as we say our goodbye's and I watch them drive off. I was overwhelmed with nerves, hoping I didn't offend at any time during that whole conversation. I looked up into his face, expecting the worst, and was pleasantly surprised to see him smiling at me. He seemed very pleased with me. "You didn't tell me you were Bree's godmother!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

345K 9.1K 32
"He'd burn the whole world down till he could dig me out of the ashes." I was ready to start a new life. After graduating at the top of my class, I f...
395K 11.4K 88
Amelia McCarthy; a 21 year old young girl, coming from a good family. She is a lively college student, majoring in business. Ajax Santiago; a 26 yea...
8.2M 195K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
446K 18.9K 89
"You?" She yells. "You feisty cat, look what have you done? You have teeth or cutters?" "And what the hell did you just do? You scared the hell out...