Heir to Jotunheim | ✔

By asavagejoy

BOOK TWO OF THE PROPHECY SERIES Tyr Lokison is now eighteen, carrying the weight of his families prophecy wh... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight

Chapter Fourteen

381 27 4
By asavagejoy

~Third Persons POV~

Dahlia marched through the house as quickly as her large pregnant belly would allow, and stood over Thor as he sunk into the sofa. His reproachful look showed some guilt to his actions, and his cheeks slowly tinted pink. She glared at him, with one hand on her stomach and a finger pointed directly at him. "I am going to check on our guests and then you are going to give me a full account of what just happened. Do you understand?"

Thor blinked, "Yes Dahlia."

She sighed, and walked back through the kitchen to the sliding doors that allowed her to step outside. Her gaze flickered between the young couple cradling each other on the other side of the pool, and Jamie, who looked like he was about to be sick. Knowing Tyr would take care of Cleopatra for a few moments longer, Dahlia approached the girls step-father. "Jamie, is it?"

Her actions were soft and gentle, and Jamie nodded as she walked slowly towards him. "Yes."

"Why don't we go and sit down? I'll get you a glass of water, I know the trips of on the Bifrost are enough to make anybody feel nauseas."

"Bifrost?" He stuttered, whirling around in a large circle, before stopping to stare at the scorched burn marks in the grass. "I travelled in the... on the..." his finger pointed shakily towards the sky, and Dahlia nodded, a small smile playing on her lips.

"I'm afraid so. Just sit down here," she lowered his large body into one of the stoic wooden chairs under the canopy by the door, and rubbed her hand on his shoulder, "I'll be just a moment."

She filled two large glasses with water, and walked back outside. "I'm just going to check on the others. But... what happened?"

Jamie blinked, and shook his head. "Thor said something about Cleopatra and Tyr... and then Cleo had a panic attack, Tyr was screaming at Thor and that little shit... excuse my language," he waved his hand, "was taking photos  of them all."

"Is Cleopatra okay?" Dahlia was quick to ask, glancing back at the girl who's breaths were steadying back to normal. Tyrs hands were stroking her back, his lips close to her ear as she nodded softly.

"She'll be okay. They're rare but she gets them every now and then. I'd check on that boy of yours though, he sounded pretty angry about something. Turned blue and all."

Jamie sipped his drink, and gestured for Dahlia to leave him. He knew she was taking charge of this situation, but his worries were aimed at the teenagers. If he felt able to stand he would of have checked on them himself, but the effects of the Bifrost were leaving him with a swirling, clenching stomach and he felt like he could be sick at any moment.

Dahlia wandered to the couple, and lowered herself onto the ground. Tyr and Cleopatra slowly looked up, and moved away from the tight hold they had on one another.

Dahlia sighed. "Who wants to go first?" She handed the glass to Cleopatra, who sipped it gratefully, her own stomach not exactly reacting well to the newfound journey on the Bifrost.

Tyrs face darkened. "Uncle Thor was going to force me into taking Cleo to his coronation. So I told her outside, and then she had a panic attack, and then Uncle Thor was saying it's not his fault and I tried explaining that I don't want to take a date I don't even want to go to the stupid coronation anymore!"

Dahlia watched as her sons cheeks froze; turning an icy blue as a warm breeze floated around them. Thick lines rose on his cheek, the giant veins in his DNA rising to become more prominent.

She watched as he continued offloading, his feelings overwhelming him, and watched as the girl next to him slowly shuffled to sit in front of him. Her small hands rubbed one of his larger ones, and slowly her sons attention dropped to that of his friends.

His red eyes were a swirling storm, yet it didn't distract Cleopatra from reaching up to cup his face, running her thumb softly over his cheeks.

Her voice was so quiet Dahlia could barely hear what she was saying, but Tyr softened as she held him, his skin warming and eyes fading to their natural, human green.

And Dahlia knew. She knew it before, she'd had an inkling that Cleopatra was the young woman to hold her sons heart, but now she had the proof.

She could see the love dancing between them, and it made her happy.

"I'll talk to your Uncle," she spoke, once Tyr had relaxed. He glanced up at her, body already stiffening slightly, but she continued. "I'll try to convince him to not force you to bring anybody. I wouldn't be comfortable visiting Asgard in that situation either."

Cleopatra's cheeks warmed, but she nodded at the kind woman in front of her. "Thank you Dahlia."

"You're welcome love." She smiled, then frowned as she tried to sit up. "Oh for goodness sake." She muttered. In a moment Tyr had stood up, and lifted his mother gently to her feet. She patted his cheek, "I can't make any promises."

"I know." Tyr nodded, "thank you."

Dahlia smiled at him, and walked back towards the house.

***

~Tyrs POV~

Cleopatra was sat beside me, leaning on her arm as she gazed at the sky above us. Her brows were drawn, eyes squinting as she bit her lip, lost in thought.

I picked at the grass that grew between us, and peeled the strands. "Pharaoh?"

"Yeah, God?" She whispered. She tilted her head to the side, angling it so she could look at me. "Are you okay?"

A smile twitched on my lips as she blinked. "I was just about to ask you that."

She smiled softly, and shuffled closer to my side. Her head slowly lowered to rest on my shoulder, and I moved my cheek to rest on her hair. "I beat you to it."

My eyes closed as we leant on each other, our breaths steady as we relaxed on the grass. "I'm sorry about what happened earlier. I didn't mean to force you into a date, and especially a date on Asgard, I know it's a lot-"

"Tyr?" She interrupted me, moving her head to level her gaze with mine. "You ramble when you get nervous."

I smiled, shaking my head softly. "I know."

She swallowed, and her eyes strayed to the house, where Jamie was walking through the doors into the kitchen. "I do want to go on a date with you. Even to Asgard."

My head spun to stare at her. "What? You want to go on a date to Asgard?"

She shrugged, but a smile was playing on her face, her cheeks warming a little. "Yeah. My panic... I don't know why I had it. I know it was triggered by the whole, let's go to Asgard, my Uncles becoming a king, and I'm a little nervous thinking about visiting a different realm, but..." she trailed off, and smiled warmly at me, her eyes shining. "I do want to go on a date with you. And if you have to have a date, which it sound like you have to, then I don't mind being your date."

I stared at her, and slowly her cheeks grew pink. I knew mine were the same, and an urge to lean forward and kiss her flooded my body. I looked down at her lips, and when I pulled my gaze up to her eyes, I saw she was looking down at my own lips too. I leant forward slightly, steadying myself on the ground. "Cleo-"

"What the hell Thor?" I jumped back at hearing my Dads shout, and Cleopatra stumbled back too. I shared a shocked look with her, and with a tug of sadness dragging my heart further into my stomach, I slowly rolled back onto my feet.

Cleopatra slowly stood beside me, her eyes flicking between mine and the house. Her fingers found mine, squeezing gently as she pulled me in the direction of the open kitchen door where Dads shouts where still audible. "Come on, my mighty God."

I smiled, and led the way, our hands still joined as we made our way into the house.

Dad was pacing the floor, yelling profanities in his foreign Frost Giant tongue, as Uncle Thor sat guiltily in his chair. Jamie was stood worried in the corner, and Mum was nowhere in sight.

"Dad." I warned, letting go of Cleopatra's hand to stop him. He ignored me. "Dad!" I shouted. He stopped, spinning to me with darkened eyes. They slowly faded to green as they saw Cleopatra, Jamie and I watching him. "We have guests."

His chest rose and fell heavily, before he sighed. He turned back to my Uncle. "I'm not finished with you."

"I know." He muttered, rubbing his hand against his head. He hesitantly rose and approached the three of us in the doorway. "Miss Cleopatra, Jamie, I apologise for my behaviour today. I overstepped the line and this shouldn't have happened. If those photographs that young man took go anywhere, I will contact Tony Stark to remove them from the public eye."

Cleopatra nodded softly, "that's okay. Thank you."

"I am sorry," he lowered his head, reaching out to shake her hand. "Truly."

Jamie coughed, and glanced at the door. "Maybe we should go."

Mum suddenly appeared then, shoving Uncle Thor easily out of the way with a tight smile on her face. "I am so sorry for my family Jamie. You, Cleo and William are always welcome here, I'm sorry they've behaved like complete utter idiots today."

Jamie's face brightened as Mum spoke, and he nodded. "The same for you. Thank you for the drink, and sorry for..."

"No apologies." Mum smiled, gently rubbing his shoulder. "We'll see you soon I'm sure."

I walked Cleopatra to the door as Jamie walked to the bottom of the drive with Mum. Cleopatra smiled up at me, stepping slightly closer with a playful glint in her eye. "I'm sorry about-"

"Don't say sorry." I mumbled, reaching out to hold her fingers. "Never say sorry."

"But-"

I raised my eyebrow at her, and she grinned at me. "I want to kiss you." She whispered, her voice barely heard over Jamie's booming laugh as he spoke to Mum.

I stared at her, and she rocked her head back as she giggled. "Oh my god Tyr, I'm not kissing you here in front of half your family, you don't have to look all worried like that."

I shook my head, laughing softly as she beamed at me. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders, and I immediately wound my arms around her body, pulling her a little closer. "I'll see you at school." She whispered in my ear, before her lips pressed softly against my cheek.

She skipped backwards, waving over her shoulder before meeting Jamie at the pavement. They both said their goodbyes to Mum, and began walking down the street.

Mum looked at me as she walked up the drive, her eyes dancing between mine. "Don't worry, I won't tell your Dad." She squeezed my shoulder, and gently pushed me back through the front door.

***

~Third Persons POV~

Freya huffed, tugging at her long hair. She'd used her inherited magic to dye it a bright blue that morning, and had waved her hand to shimmer her eyes in matching makeup.

She was sat outside of Maya's ballet class, scrolling through her phone to find the messages from her ex. They'd lasted a whole two months before she'd called it quits, the commitment frightening her away. Yet she tormented herself with reading through the messages, reading how upset her ex was when she admitted to kissing Nathan at a party.

She needed to get over her. She went to a different college, she would never have to see her again, and she knew the best way of getting over someone was by getting under someone else.

She kept her identity private, carefully modifying her looks with magic and creating dating profiles with information that wasn't strictly true. Being the daughter of the God of Lies was enough to manipulate others into an easy one night stand.

"Hey." She glanced up, catching sight of a young man, who's dark hair was brushed to the side. "This is where the ballet class is right?"

Freya nodded, letting her eyes roam over the back of his tattooed hand that was resting beside her on the bench. "Yeah. Who are you waiting for?"

He grinned, sinking into the seat beside her, and exhaled softly. "My... sister."

Freya rolled her eyes, and turned away. He looked too happy for a quick shag behind the building. "Then you're in the right place."

"What about you."

Freya frowned at him. "What's it to you?"

He shrugged, glancing up at the door which was still closed, hiding the dancing girls. "Making conversation."

"Well you don't have to-"

"Wow, look who it is. How have you been baby? Long time no see."

Freya's skin crawled at the sound of Nathan's voice, and she turned back in her seat to see his cocky smirk directed at her. "You have two seconds to turn around and walk away, or you won't be walking at all."

"Hey, what crawled into your ass and died?"

"Times up." Freya stood up, letting the green magic swirl around her fist as she leapt over the back of the bench, tackling the boy to the ground. She swung her fist at his face, barrelling her punches with force.

"Woah, hold up." The dark haired stranger pulled Freya up, pressing her against the bench as Nathan spluttered in a bloodied heap on the floor.

"What the fuck was that?" Nathan gasped, as he struggled to sit up.

"That was for Cleopatra." Freya stared at him, narrowing her eyes at the young man who was still holding her back. "Let me hurt him."

"I don't think that's a good idea." He gritted out, "stop punching him. You're waiting for someone inside and the class is nearly finished."

"But-"

Nathan had staggered to his feet, and was attempting to stalk towards Freya. "Who the fuck is this anyway?" He waved his hand at the man who stood protectively beside her.

"I'm her boyfriend now fuck off before I hit you too." He glared, stepping away from Freya to tower over the teenager, his eyes darkened with intent to hurt.

Nathan shrugged, attempting to hide the wave of worry that hit his chest as a much more intimidating figure blocked his view. "She's not that great anyway."

He turned and limped away, leaving drops of blood on the pavement from where it leaked from his broken nose.

Freya stared at the imposing figure, who had relaxed back into his smiling self. "Let me see your fist."

"What? No, leave me alone." She pulled her hand to her chest, letting her magic join up the split skin over her knuckles.

"You just broke a guys nose, and your fist is covered in someone's blood, let me help."

"I don't need your help." Freya turned around and walked back to the door, where young girls were beginning to leave.

"Hey, I'm just trying-"

"Well don't." Freya spoke, not turning back as she caught sight of her happy sister skipping towards her. She grabbed her hand and walked her back to the car, hovering by the passenger door as she glanced around the car park.

Her eyes landed on the stranger, holding a young girl, who was giggling into his ear. His face was stretched into a picture of pure happiness as he tickled her side, before turning down the street.

His eyes met hers, and he nodded softly, respect in his eyes as a faint smile flickered on his lips.

And Freya smiled back, a light feeling lifting her shoulders higher as the man slowly disappeared into the crowd of young ballet dancers.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Hey! Thank you so much for sticking with this book. I know I haven't been updating much, but I don't have a huge amount of time to write.

I will continue to post updates as quickly as I can get them out!

In the meantime, please keep reading, voting and commenting! Thank you so much ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1.1M 48.4K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
2.8K 235 11
There are five different clans in the world. The Kim, the Lee, the Yun, the Cho and the Jung. Cho Minho and Cho Jisung were from the red clan. Yun Ch...
46.2M 1.2M 37
Zoe is a rogue who is forced to attend a school for werewolves for a year thanks to a new law. There she meets her mate, a certain Alpha who holds a...