Luminescence

By hazyshadow

A dystopian romance in which two superhumans from light and dark fall in love. __ [BOOK IS COMPLETE BUT CURRE... More

Introduction.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-one.
Twenty-two.
Twenty-three.
Twenty-four.
Twenty-five.
Twenty-six.
Twenty-seven.
Twenty-Eight.
Twenty-nine.
Thirty-one.
Thirty-two.
Thirty-three.
Thirty-four.
Thirty-five.
Thirty-six.
Thirty-seven.
Thirty-eight.
Thirty-nine.
Fourty.
Fourty-one.
Fourty-two.
Forty-three.
Forty-four.
Forty-five.
Author's Note

Thirty.

2.1K 88 52
By hazyshadow

CHAOS IN REBEL BASE. SOS. PLEASE RESPOND.

We all stare blankly at the paper before taking action. What could possibly be so bad that Elaine would be asking for help?

"How do you respond?" I question to Hudson, knowing that he's the brains to this operation.

He points to a circular button that was the size of a thumb. "Push this button, and we will be able to send morse code between both of the devices." He begins clicking away as Priscilla and I watch intently. "I just responded with we are here," he says as he holds his pen out, ready to write.

And not even a minute later more taps began playing on the machine. I watched Hudson listen closely to the taps, deciphering the impossible. How did morse code even work? And how could tapping sounds be made into letters?

WES IN STATE OF INSANITY. REBEL ARMY COLLAPSING. SENDING US TO CAPITOL TO FIGHT PLAGUE.

"No," I whisper. "This is not good. The Rebel fleet versus an entire army of Plague ships? He's sending them on a suicide mission..."

Priscilla nods, as Hudson begins pressing away again. This time, he was sending a longer sentence. The same taps came back from Elaine like a pattern.

MANY REBEL SOLDIERS BEING HELD IN PRISON. WES IS UNCONTROLLABLE. IF ORDERS ARE DEFIED, LONG PRISON TIME OR EVEN DEATH.

The back and forth morse codes went on for what seemed like hours. Priscilla even went to prepare dinner while Hudson was hard at work. I stayed by his side for motivational support as he had been going for hours. I read each of the responses Elaine had sent and was becoming more worried by the minute.

FIGHT WILL TAKE PLACE IN THREE DAYS. ALL MACHINES WILL BE USED. FINAL BATTLE AGAINST PLAGUE.

BATTLE WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN. WES WILL LEAD US TO DEATH, NOT VICTORY.

WE ARE HIDING IN BEDROOMS. ANYONE SEEN NOT WORKING WILL BE ACCUSED OF TREASON. WE ARE AFRAID.

MANY GUARDS STILL LOYAL TO WES BECAUSE OF PAY. THEY ENFORCE RULES.

And the final one read:

BATTLE FOUR OCLOCK ON THURSDAY, WE NEED ALL HELP WE CAN GET.

We stared at the papers for a solid five minutes before saying anything, as our brains tried to process everything. Wes was using Priscilla and I for our powers this entire time and we had no clue. Now that he was defenseless and without a strong person to lead them, he was going insane.

"Do we fight with them?" I ask Priscilla.

She responds with a sigh. "I'm not sure. There are good people in the Rebel base that would side with us, but there are also those who want to kill us as well."

"Well," I say trying to sound confident. "We will take who we can get. The Plague needs to be stopped, and soon."

"I don't think you guys understand the sheer power of the Plague," Hudson says, rubbing his temples. "The armies in the Capitol are some of the best in the world. Not to mention, their defense technology would obliterate our army in a second. Without geniuses who can somehow hack into the mainframe of their computer system, we're doomed."

"Actually," Prisiclla says as her eyes glow with faint mischief. "I may know a few more powerful people who might be able to join us..."

Our eyes widen, as Priscilla looked deep in thought. "I'll take the ship. The journey may take me over a day to complete, but I will be back nevertheless," Priscilla says with a pep to her step.

And without another word, Priscilla grabs her jacket and runs up the steps, shutting the door behind her.

"Wow. I sure missed her."

I look down to Hudson who is shaking his head in disbelief, probably stunned as to why his grandmother left so suddenly like that. I respond with a chuckle and a smile, as he admires my face momentarily before looking down to the morse code machine again.

Hudson quickly responds with a short message back to Elaine, most likely saying 'help is on the way,' or something like that. He then stands up from his chair that I was standing next to, making me feel like an ant from his intimidating height.

"We're home alone," he jokes with a smirk on his face, and immediately I know what he means.

I crinkle my nose in response. "No, Hudson. I'll kick you out to live with the wolves if you keep making jokes like that." I smile to him before walking away. "Now I am going to shower, because I smell."

"Together?"

"No!" I shout turning my back to him, laughing as I knew exactly what he was going to say after my shower comment.

But before I could leave the room, Hudson softly grabs my hand and begins dragging me to the living room. The same cheesy smile that I fell in love with was showing on his face. He drops my hand momentarily to go to the corner of the room, and I use that time to look out the window.

And what I saw amazed me.

It was the same starry sky the night I discovered my mutant abilities. The night that those three men tried to beat me up, and the night I saw Commander G-R72 for the first time. The stars looked down to Earth in pure glory, shining down from the heavens as they twinkled with happiness. My shaky breath fogged up the glass momentarily, until I heard soft music play behind me.

I look over to Hudson who has a single eyebrow raised and a smile on his face.

"Dance?" He asks, his face softly shining from the glow of the moon and the single lamp that was on in the corner. He takes slow steps towards me until he finally holds out his hand.

I look down at it nervously. "Hudson, I don't know how," I admit embarrassed, looking down to the ground as my cheeks turn a faint shade of pink. Living in the junkyard for all of my life really wasn't helping my situation right now. We didn't have time to learn this type of stuff!

With his finger he lifts my chin up, and immediately I'm too shy to look directly in his eyes. The sparks in my chest were too heavy to contain. I felt as if I were floating on cloud 9 right now, but I wasn't complaining.

"You're beautiful, you know that right?" He whispers as he rests his forehead on the top of my head, grabbing my waist as we both begin to sway to the easy music playing behind us. He wordlessly teaches me how to dance and it somehow works.

I ignore the blush on my face as I come up with an epic comeback. "I mean, I would rate you a solid eight out of ten. You don't really cut it in the looks department," I say, being completely untruthful.

"Liar." I look up to him and his eyes are a faint shade of red, meaning he was using his abilities as a truth detector. He was smirking too—cocky bastard.

"Fine, then a nine out of ten." I say as truthfully as I can, smiling up at him as our faces were just inches apart.

"Lie one more time and I might just send you out to sleep with the wolves tonight," he whispers, moving his face closer with each second that passed.

"Ten out of ten," I admit with no hesitation, taking his threat a little too seriously.

He chuckles. "I know."

"Jeez, cocky much?"

"Only sometimes. The other half of the time I—"

I cut him off as I momentarily place my lips gently on his, the kiss only lasting a couple of seconds. He looks down to me surprised, most likely because I made the first move instead of him this time.

He talks way too much.

I didn't realize we were still swaying back and forth to the soft music behind us until his hands steady my hips. He looked drunk on something as his green orbs looked down to me, occasionally flickering to my lips as well. His eyes darkened as other thoughts now entered his head.

"Christ Mara," he groans, and suddenly a new type of tension entered the room. His voice was husky, a sound that made my stomach flip up to the moon and back. His head falls onto my shoulder, as he places his hot lips lazily on my skin. The action made my heart fly out of my chest, as waves of pleasure shoot throughout me. A shaky gasp escapes my lips as Hudson stops momentarily to look into my eyes once more. They were darker than usual, and I'm sure mine looked the same way. "I'm addicted."

He then finally closes the gap between our lips, but this time the kiss was deep—intense even. My hands slowly trailed up his chest to his cheeks, cupping them as suddenly his arms pushed us against the wall. Our hands were roaming everywhere as his rock solid chest pushed up against my own.

'Mr. and Ms. DeMont," a robotic voice says behind us, making us jump in our position and break off. Hudson didn't know what it was at first, so he pulled me behind him slightly as his protective side came into overdrive. As we regain our senses, the cleaning robot was hovering at the entrance of the room.

"I have detected that your heart rates are higher than usual. Must I activate my attack mode?" It questions, with its buttons turning red momentarily. I might not have been afraid of robots before, but this cleaning robot was a new kind of scary.

"No, you can go now." Hudson's voice was slightly agitated, probably because the robot had interrupted... our thing.

"Alright. Have a good evening!" The robot exclaims and it hovers away quickly. Even though it may have been scary, it was a slightly wholesome robot as well.

Hudson turns around, and the expression on his face caused me to burst out laughing. He looked like a hurt puppy mixed with a raging gorilla as his eyebrows were furrowed with anger. But either way he was still adorable.

"That robot can be a little bitch sometimes," he mutters lowly, taking me in his arms possessively.

I wrap my arms around him in return and snuggle into his chest. "Okay, Mr. Big Bad Wolf."

He softly laughs in response. As the song finally shuts off, nothing could be heard but our breaths as we just stood there in each other's arms, thinking about how two sworn enemies became lovers in a matter of months.

"Alright, go shower. I'll be waiting out here," he says releasing me from his arms.

"Together?" I raise my eyebrow teasing him, dragging him along with a hungry look on my face.

"Damn right we are," he growls with an out-of-this-world expression on his face. And that was all it took for him to spend the rest of the night with me.

___________________

😼😼😼😼😼

Some new characters are coming soon... MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITES. (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499 16 84
What if you were a mutant and didn't even know it what if you were with your family and you have an accident what if that accident was the start of t...
10M 469K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
22.3K 753 38
Highest ranking #1 in utopia -•- "It's about how your hips move," the hand that sits on my waist finds my hip, his fingertips trailing lightly along...
3.3M 23.7K 9
In the future, Earth is attacked by an alien race called the Leviathan. Years after the invasion, Iris is still struggling to survive among her peop...