Scarred ✔️

By CassandraJamesxx

"Dammit woman, talk to me," Zach pulls at his hair in frustration; his eyes never leave my face. There is a h... More

aesthetics
blurb and playlist
00 | scarred accidents
01 | scarred welcomes
02 | scarred feelings
03 | scarred skins
04 | scarred encounters
05 | scarred envy
06 | scarred birthdays
07 | scarred entertainments
08 | scarred explosions
09 | scarred vengeance - Z a c h
11 | scarred agony
12 | scarred contracts
13 | scarred weddings
14 | scarred blushes
15 | scarred concerns
16 | scarred diaries- Z a c h
17 | scarred kisses
18 | scarred revelations
19 | scarred violence
20 | scarred decisions
21 | scarred beginnings
22 | scarred jealousy
23 | scarred again
24 | scarred ache- Z a c h
25 | scarred all over
epilogue
❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥

10 | scarred insecurities

81.5K 3.2K 607
By CassandraJamesxx

.

Chapter Ten

.

Charity balls are my least favourite thing. Apart from the fact that these events are filled with rich snobs who act as if the world revolves around them, I hate socializing.

Something tells me there is another reason why I particularly don't want to go to this one.

Oh, who am I kidding?

Gabriela Sterling

I grit my teeth at her name. In the span of two hours, the woman couldn't stop flirting with Zach. The winks and seductive smiles were anything but subtle. But that isn't what riled me up.

Zach was flirting back.

That time when she purposefully dropped the file and bent down to pick it up. And Zach, he was enjoying the show she put up, licking his lips and looking at her darkly.

Sighing, I look at the expensive dress on my bed. The red satin gown was beautiful, way beautiful. With a v neck that wasn't much deep, but deep enough to make it look sexy, it had a slit in the right side.

I turn around to make sure I locked the bedroom door. After the two hours of our business meeting, we had a few hours to rest before going to the charity ball.

I get rid of the towel, I had just taken shower. I then put on the red satin gown. I groan when I see that the scars on my thigh are visible, thanks to the dress Zach. It had a slit. But the scars aren't that dark, I don't think anyone will take notice.

Biting my lips, I walk to the full-length mirror and my eyes almost come out of their sockets.

Shit, shit, shit.

How had I not realize this before? The gown is backless and the ugly brown scar running down my back is clearly visible.

No, I shake my head. I can't wear this. Not thinking it through, I rush outside the room and knock Zach's door repeatedly.

He opens after a while and gives me a hard look.

"What?" he barks out. I flinch at his tone. His eyes run over my panicked face. He takes a few steps back and makes me get inside his room.

Only when he closes the door, I realize he is shirtless. I try not to look at his chiselled abs and well-defined stomach, I really do. However, such an artwork can't be ignored. Shouldn't be, actually.

His cold eyes make me jerk back to reality.

Zach looks at me in irritation and I don't understand how quickly he changed. A day ago, he wasn't like this. The dull ache in my heart worsens.

I turn around and let Zach see my half-naked back, scars and all. He'll be even more disgusted now, great. I pull my wet hair to the side.

I hear him sighing. He walks in front of me and faces me.

"You don't want to wear this dress?"

I nod my head.

"We don't have time to get another one," he grits out. I feel my eyes watering.

"No one cares if you have a scar or not Ella," Zach groans loudly. He pinches the bridge of his nose and closes his eyes. A tear rolls down my eyes. I don't care about that, I'm just not ready to show them.

"You know, that scar just shows how strong you are. How much you've been through. You shouldn't hide them."

I blink the tears away and take deep breaths. I bite my lips and shake my head no. I can't do it.

Zach looks at my face intently. His expression doesn't give away anything, his eyes are guarded.

"You're wearing the damn dress, Ellen. Don't make me repeat it over and over again."

My heart stops. I can't do it. He can't force me to! I breathe heavily and fight the memories. I fight the tears. But I can't, I'm weak. With a racing heart, I run back to my room and slam the door behind me.

After an hour, I am done with my make-up and hair. With minimal make-up, my hair is curled loosely. I matched my lipstick with the colour of my dress.

The dress. My heart again starts beating painfully fast. I walk outside, my red stilettos click against the floor, and lock the door behind me. Zach is already waiting outside. I take in his appearance.

His hair is pulled back and a bit messed up, giving that sexy vibe. The black tuxedo hugs his muscled figure well. An image of shirtless Zach flashes in my head and my knees buckle. Get a grip, Ella!

Leaning against the wall, he leisurely runs one of his hands over his hair, messing it further and looks at his phone. His eyes snap back to me and he sighs softly. His eyes scan me from head to toe and I feel hot and mushy inside.

Remember what he's making you do! He's forcing you to show your scars.

He walks to me and I suck in a breath when he wraps a cloth around my neck. Even in my five-inch heels, I have to look up to meet his eyes, his eyes that are fixed on my neck.

He takes some step back and looks at me. I release the breath I didn't realise I was holding.

I touch the piece of cloth and realisation dawns in me. He put a scarf around me so that the scars weren't visible anymore.

My eyes shine in emotion and I give him a grateful smile. He nods in reply and starts walking to the elevator. I follow him. The elevator ride is filled with uncomfortable silence and the tension, dear God.

The air around us is electric and hot, all the way to the ball. I feel his eyes on me numerous times and every time I look back, he looks away. The limo pulls to inside the huge gates and I release a long breath.

I can do it.

The moment we step outside, a squealing, annoying, irritating Gabriela runs to us and hugs Zach. He hugs her back.

So professional.

Gabriela passes me a tight smile. Daniel walks to us too and shakes Zach's hands and hugs me. He knows I am mute. I feel a bit uncomfortable but I swallow the feeling and hug him back. I feel Zach's glare on me which I just ignore.

So he gets to hug and I don't? This man, I grit my teeth.

When we get inside, Zach is greeted by many rich snobs and they try to talk to me too. Thankfully, Zach swerves the conversation away.

By an hour, I sitting in a plush couch and glaring at Gabriela who has her hands on Zach's forearm. He doesn't seem to mind. And, out of nowhere, a very familiar face walks to Zach and hugs him.

Scarlet a.k.a barbie. Where did she come from?

Scarlet and Gabriela, both have many things in common, I realize. Both have blonde hair, both look like barbies and both have the skimpiest choices in clothes. I see Scarlet and Gabriela in a heated glaring contest and Zach seems to enjoy it. After all, they are fighting over him.

What a beautiful trio.

I sense Zach's gaze on me so I look away.

I can never be like them. I can never take their place. And it hurts, you know? It hurts so much.

"Hey," a deep voice makes me jump.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you," a guy chuckles before sitting next to me. I scoot away an inch, feeling uncomfortable.

The guy has a tuxedo on too, but unlike Zach, his is a darker shade of blue. I meet his eyes. They are blue, so dull, I mentally take note. Not the twinkling green ones. With blonde hair falling over his forehead, I realize he is attractive. He too has a sharp jaw but not as sharp as Zach's. He doesn't even have cheekbones.

"Hey there, you zoned out."

I snap back from my thoughts and give him an apologetic smile.

"So, what's your name?" I feel nervousness inside me increasing. He looks at me, waiting for an answer. My throat closes up.

"Miss Sallow," a hard familiar voice answers for me. I look up at Zach who is shooting daggers at the poor guy next to me.

.

unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395K 9.8K 51
[COMPLETED] #Ranks : #14 on 30/11/18 (category : Ex) #17 on 29/6/19 ( category : adultromance) #57 on 29/6/19 ( category: Suspense) Excerpt : "I can...
17K 407 32
I feel his hands glide down towards my fanny and I stop fixing my hair. "Liam-" I start to say but am cut off by him. "Are you sure you want to sell...
1.5M 48.2K 53
"Are you done staring at me?" He asked and she blushed then looked away. She wanted to walk away so bad but she was scared that Ethan might kill her...
298K 17.7K 26
"Why can't you just let your guard down for once and trust me?" Karen demanded angrily. His dark eyes blazed at her statement. "What, did I hit a s...