Adorable Treasured Fox: Divin...

By FRIES1andCHIPS0

She is a descendant of an Ancient Chinese Aristocratic family. Having just transmigrated into a young lady's... More

Chapter 526-530
Chapter 531-540
Chapter 541-550
Chapter 551-560
Chapter 561-570
Chapter 571-580
Chapter 581-590
Chapter 591-600
Chapter 601-610
Chapter 611-620
Chapter 621-630
Chapter 631-640
Chapter 641-650
Chapter 651-660
Chapter 661-670
Chapter 671-680
Chapter 681-690
Chapter 691-700
Chapter 701-710
Chapter 721-730
Chapter 731-740
Chapter 741-750
Chapter 751-760
Chapter 761-770
Chapter 771-780
Chapter 781-790
Chapter 791-800
Chapter 801-810
Chapter 811-820
Chapter 821-830
Chapter 831-840
Chapter 841-850
Chapter 851-860
Chapter 861-870
Chapter 871-880
Chapter 881-890
Chapter 891-900
Chapter 901-910
Chapter 911-920
Chapter 921-930
Chapter 931-940
Chapter 941-950
Chapter 951-960
Chapter 961-970
Chapter 971-980
Chapter 981-990
Chapter 991-1000
Chapter 1001-1010
Chapter 1011-1020
Chapter 1021 - 1030
Chapter 1031 -1040
Chapter 1041 - 1060
Chapter 1061 - 1080
Chapter 1081 - Chapter 1100
Chapter 1101 - 1120
Chapter 1121 - 1140
Chapter 1141 - 1160
Chapter 1161 - 1180
Chapter 1181 - 1200
Chapter 1201 - Chapter 1220
Chapter 1221 - 1240
Chapter 1241 - 1260
Chapter 1261 - 1280
Chapter 1281 - 1300
Chapter 1301 - 1320

Chapter 711-720

567 15 1
By FRIES1andCHIPS0

Chapter 711 "A Good Play's Opening (6)"

Stationary in her pose, Bai Yan did not budge an inch. For those that's unaware or too blind to see, it would appear like the woman's lost her wits and couldn't move those legs at all.

Mu Leng definitely fell into the foolish category. Smirking sinisterly, she was so overjoyed when her sword made contact that she actually broke out laughing. However, the next sensation to hit her wrist shattered the delusion in her head for the impact from the slash felt like it's hitting a rock. In fact, it was so bad that the blade now had a huge dent at the mid-section.

Stunned beyond recognition, the impudent wench glances down at the source of her dismay. To her horror, the longsword was being blocked off by a single hand. To be specific, it's Bai Yan's hand. There's not a drop of blood from the blade touching the skin.

Likewise, the onlooking crowds were also left speechless, this included the two brothers who were ready to dash in to help their student. And as always, the only one to stand out in this picture was the womanizer. His hearty laugh filled with bemused tears were like slaps against Mu Leng's pride.

Feeling a trickle of sweat coming down her side, Mu Leng in her frantic state refuses to believe the truth. Waving her sword again, the impudent wench makes another swing at Bai Yan's shoulder and causes her dress to slit open in that area, revealing the lovely shoulder and partial undergarment underneath for all to see.

Though the important parts were perfectly covered, but the mere fact that the womanizer could get a glimpse of that amazing flesh from such beauty was enough to give him a boner. This applied to a lot of the younger males. As always, the tougher the catch, the more delectable it was when they finally get something, even if it's just a tease.

Furrowing her brow at this, Bai Yan peers over to her side in discontent, knowing full well the ogling eyes coming her way. "I'm so foolish. I forgot my clothes aren't protected, and I really liked this dress too...."

That comment immediately warranted a wave of curses at her from the female gender. Really? You're worrying about your dress when your body just handled a razor-sharp sword and is practically flashing to all the men?

No words could be said at this incredulous scene. The hearts of the males were pounding with excitement like it's about to pop out and drop to the floor. It's too exhilarating of a show to see someone so strong and so attractive!

"I had wanted to let you have three moves before I begin. Unfortunately for you, you've ripped my dress." Getting dangerously cold in her eyes, "So, I will no longer give you that opportunity."

Bang!

Finally retaliating, Bai Yan's hand firmly comes down at Mu Leng's head, popping it and blowing all of the innards out like a watermelon. Brain, blood, bone, everything that came out was repulsive as it stained the floor red with its content....

"No!"

Seeing her precious student fall in combat, Muzhen flew into a fitting rage. Resentment, cruelty, hatred, all that one could sum up in a situation like this was showing in those eyes. "You dare kill my disciple. I will not spare you!"

Boom!

Breaking out everything a high level Monarch Rank could muster, Muzhen wants to pummel the foe with her punch that's infused with all her might. Unfortunately for this old beauty, Zhongnan (older) knew this and immediately stepped in front of Bai Yan to block off the attack.

"You want to harm my disciple in front of my face? Do you think I'm dead or something?"

Bang!

Two fists met, forcing Muzhen to falter backwards like the previous exchange again. There's venom in the old woman's eye right now like a snake trying to bite its enemy to death.

"Zhongnan!"

If it was only Zhongnan around then this venomous old hag would never back off, even if it's in front of the chief and the madam. However, there's also the younger brother Zhongbei to the side! If the both of them united and worked together then she could never come out on top in a direct confrontation.

Sweeping a glance over from Muzhen to her two shifus, Bai Yan comments to stop this: "Shifus, let me handle this for you. Whatever grudge you hold against this old hag, your student I will get it back for you!"

Blinking their eyes, the two seniors didn't know what else to say. Sniffling, water quickly swelled out of their tear ducks due to the happiness they felt.

Bai Yan was only just starting with the grand show she prepared. Killing Mu Leng merely counted as the appetizer to force Muzhen to experience the same pain she imparted on the two fellas. The main course was yet to come.

"Yan'er, are you also a Monarch Rank?" After a moment of hesitation, the younger Zhongbei decides to ask after working up the courage to get the truth.

During the moment when the girl retaliated, the energy fluctuation definitely exceeded an Earth Rank and gave away the secret.

"I'm sorry for deceiving you two before. I'll be sure to give you a proper explanation later," Bai Yan sounded apologetic. The two old seniors treated her with sincerity so the guilt could not be denied.

Chapter 712 "A Good Play's Opening (7)"

A current of warmth filled Bai Yan's heart because she deceived them yet they're still willing to believe herself.

In comparison, the rest of the onlookers were gawking in frenzy over the astonishing news.

This lassie is a Monarch Rank master?

"Oh Yan Yan, you are a monster!" The womanizer grumpily comments, "You were only a King Rank three years ago, how did you reach a new stage all together in this short period?"

At first the people only assumed the woman must be an old lady who maintains her image well like Muzhen did, but it's apparently not the case based on Xun Huan's (womanizer) suggestive words.

A twenty something years old held powers equivalent to an elder of the Misty Fairy House, if that's not a genuine monster then what else could she be? No genius could match that talent, not even the greatest younger generation of this age!

"Chief!" Muzhen whirls herself to face the lord, "Leng'er is my student. Just because she's at odds with her doesn't mean she can kill my Leng'er, isn't this too much?!"

Chief Wu Wei frowns: "They had an agreement beforehand so I'm not in a situation to intervene."

What does he mean by not right to intervene? This old fart is clearly abandoning my apprentice because of the talent displayed by that bitch over there!

Fuming with disgruntlement inside, Muzhen hated her lack of ability. As much as she would love to tear the perpetrator to pieces, she could do nothing but swallow the indignation.

"Muzhen, you should be praying for yourself instead of worrying about your already dead disciple. If I find out you are involved with today's case then you can forget about living!" Jun Tian Yue (wife) threatens, her eyes sharp and dangerous.

It looks like the elder council needs a good cleaning. Dirt like this one is no longer needed....

Muzhen's heart shuddered at the intimidating threat. Bowing her head, she firmly pressed away that hatred so others couldn't see: "Yes Madam."

"You go back to the council hall first. Without my permission, you're not allowed to step outside!"

She's trying to put me under house arrest! If it comes to that then I won't have a say anymore in the future!

"Why are you still standing there for? Hurry and scram!" the ma'am barked, indicating she's done with the old hag.

Knowing she's done for here, Muzhen sucks in a deep breath and left without another word. In tow, she also took away the group from her side who had the misfortunate fate of meeting the same end as her.

Bai Yan on the other hand didn't intend to let this side. Giving a signal to Tsing Yi, she intends to finish things even if the rest didn't want to. However, Zhongnan (older) suddenly stepped in front and blocked the dragoness's path.

"Shifu?" puzzled, she asked.

"Wait a minute first, I have something I don't understand. Once I figure out what it is then we can kill that witch. It won't be too late then even if she gets some time." Clenching his old fist, the senior explains.

There are some things he must figure out. He didn't have enough strength before so he couldn't complain, but now that he does, he would never let Muzhen escape!

Nodding in understanding, Bai Yan wanted to inquire for more details to only realize this was no place to be doing this. It's the open public, a lot of the onlookers would be able to easily eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Miss." Slowly coming forward, Jun Tian Yue warmly holds onto Bai Yan's hand and smiled warmly: "Can I ask what other family members do you have?"

Frowning at the strange and sudden question, she nevertheless replied in kind: "I have many relatives, grandfather, uncles, cousins.... and a brother."

"Oh, what about your parents?"

"I don't know who my father is, and my mother has been missing for years."

The madam and her husband promptly exchanged a meaningful look with each other.

Don't know who the father is and the mother's missing?

The fact that they got a very good image of Bai Yan as soon as they met was a huge indicator, plus those eyes, it resembles their son Yun Feng way too much. Therefore, it's understandable why they would think in that direction.

"Miss Bai Yan, I heard from others that were you able to cure Huan Yin's condition. Might I ask you to have a look at my son, Yun Feng's, illness as well? I know it's asking too much of you but consider it a favor," the chief asks ahead of his wife.

Chapter 713 "A Good Play's Opening (8)"

It's not that Chief Wu Wei didn't believe in Bai Chang Feng's talent and ability, after all, its there for all to see. However, the fact that the old bastard gave his son the equivalent of a death sentence was an unacceptable acessement. What illness of the heart needs a cure for the heart? He's a father, and as a father he would pursue any leads, regardless of how slim the chances are.

"You went to Bai Chang Feng's place again? Did he promise to come?" Jun Tian Yue (wife) asks with a furrowed forehead.

The husband smiles bitterly at his wife's question: "Yun Feng's illness hasn't been getting any better after all these years so I couldn't bear it any longer and went to find that man. Though the Medicine Sect have been at odds with us but Bai Chang Feng didn't reject my request for a meeting this time. I presume it's because he found his granddaughter recently and is in a better mood. Anyways, let's have the lady here look at our son first. Whatever happens, we will deal with the hurdles as it come."

At this moment Bai Yan was stroking her chin in contemplation instead of listening to the couple. Grandfather's here? Crap, I must get my hands on the Blood Vine now before Grandfather sees me, otherwise he would be dreadfully worried if he doesn't find Xiachen around.

"I can go have a look at your son, but..." beaming a flash in her eyes, "I want a seed of the Blood Vine in your possession."

Originally her plan was to go steal the actual Blood Vine from the main vault, however, this opportunity was even better.

"Okay, it's a deal." Elated inside, the madam readily pulls Bai Yan along towards their home, "Regardless of you being able to cure Yun Feng's illness, I will still be grateful to you."

In comparison though, the others present weren't taking it so well and were exchanging looks between themselves. In their urgency, the elders all turned towards the chief for help. Unexpectedly, the man didn't move and remained inactive like he's giving the go-ahead.

How can the madam just hand out the Blood Vine's seed, and the chief agreed so quickly too!

"Chief, Madam!" It was then a panicking voice cuts in from the rear, "The young master is acting up again! It's very serious this time and he's attacking anyone who gets too close!"

What?

Nearly fainting on the spot, the poor mother struggles to keep her balance due to those shaky legs. "Quick, we need to go back!"

"Let's go!" The chief as well, his eyes were very urgent and hurried to support his wife. Together, arm in arm, the couple quickly headed for their home.

"Yan'er, let's go and see too."

Zhongnan sounded anxious as well, just that his worried state was less urgent due to the calm and fixated gaze of his student.

Perhaps this precious disciple of mine really can cure Yun Feng's illness....

......

Inside the Misty Fairy House, the most majestic and magnificent structure had to be the main home of the chief and his wife.

As soon as she barged into the estate, the echoing cries of a painful man could be heard even from afar, that's how much suffering the patient was going through. In hindsight, Bai Yan too felt a strange discomfort in her heart over that sound. It's as if someone's holding her heart and tightly ripping it around.

"Yan'er, what's wrong?" Zhongnan (older) was the first notice the woman's shortness of breath.

Bai Yan did not answer, only rushing forward towards the source like a single second might spell a fate she doesn't want to see.

Chapter 714 "A Good Play's Opening (9)"

When Jun Tian Yue knocked open the door to her son's room, this poor mother's first glimpse of his son's state was a horrorfest that nearly caused her to faint at the sight.

Thankfully there were others around. Catching his wife in mid collapse, Chief Wu Wei hurries to make eye contact with his people: "What are you all waiting for, hurry and go subdue my son before he hurts himself!"

Taken aback at first, the elders who followed right from behind quickly ran forward in an effort to drag the poor patient to the bed. However, its unsure where Yun Feng managed to get the strength but he swung and flipped like a mad beast at the group, pushing everyone back and screeching like a disturbed animal.

"One of you come support my wife, I'll do it myself!" Seeing how the others are failing miserably, the husband decides to take matters into his own hands and subdue his son.

"Hold it!"

Jun Tian Yue flew into a rage and broke free from the two helping elders. Seething in her voice: "Wu Wei! If you dare hurt my son then I'll die with you!"

"But Wife, our son's already fallen into a frenzy state, if we don't stop him now...." Troubled, the poor man didn't know what to do against this conflicting situation.

Normally this mother's demeanor tended to lean towards the calm and decisive side, however, that always changes whenever it involves her eldest son.

"I don't care anymore. I only know you people want to hurt my son!" Burning with fire in her eyes, this mother gave glares of death to those around herself, "Back then it was all of you who prevented Yun Feng from being with the one whom he loves! If it wasn't for that then he wouldn't have turned into his current state. You're the ones who hurt my son! After so many years you bunch still want to hurt him some more?"

"Wife, listen and let me explain!" When the chief grabbed onto her wife's hand, he was shocked to discover the heavy shaking across that arm. Those eyes weren't the same ones he's so familiar with either, its something completely foreign to him like a foe facing a ring of dangerous creatures.

"Let go of me you bastard!" Jun Tian Yue flings away her husband's grip, "What does it matter if Yun Feng wants to be with the woman he loves? Why are you people stopping him? Who the hell is that goddess? Based on what can you people do this to my son!"

The husband didn't know how to respond to his wife's complaints. He's always been supportive of her decisions throughout their marriage, the only exception being their son's marriage. It's his mistake and the main reason their son has turned into this decrepit state. But regret was pointless at this stage. The charismatic young man from back then would never return.

Done with them all, the poor mother stumbles forward without a care for everyone else. "Yun Feng, it's mother, do you know me? As long as you can recover then mother will decide for you. Whoever you want to marry, you can go ahead, no one can stop you."

"AOOORHHHGGG!" Screeching with an animalistic roar, the mentally unstable man charges at the woman who drew too close.

"Wife, be careful!" Fearing his wife would be harmed, the chief wanted to drag her away to no avail

The woman didn't budge and had her eyes completely glued to her son's presence. There's so much pain in there that anyone could see it.

As long as Yun Feng can recover then I'm willing to pay for it with my life!

Then just when those clawish hands were about swipe down at the mother's face, a powerful beam of silvery light had cut through the window and pierced into the frenzied man's heart. Inches, only inches away from making contact, the person fell backwards and lost his consciousness.

"Son!" Finally unable to bear the pain, Jun Tian Yue wholeheartedly collapses and fainted into her husband's arms.

This leaves the husband the only one awake to deal with the aftermath. Turning to face the doorway, he nods at Bai Yan's figure who still had her fingers pointed forward: "Thank you for that."

Chapter 715 "A Good Play's Opening (10)"

Sucking in a deep breath, Bai Yan had to work desperately hard to keep in the unease in her heart: "All of you go out!"

Taken aback by the strong reaction, the chief eventually nodded: "Okay, give us a shout if you need anything, I will have my people do as you order."

After saying this, the man then began to head for the outside with her wife in hand. But just before he could step through the doorway, another call came out.

"Wait! "

Halting in his step: "Is there anything else?"

"I need some herbs. Within half an hour, bring them all to me!"

"Tell me the names, I'll have them ready by that time."

Chief Wu Wei has decided. Since his wife was willing to believe this girl then he too would believe her.

......

Within the Mu Manor, Muzhen was currently sitting on the sandalwood chair with her eyes showing extreme resentment.

"Elder," a shadowy figure drifts through the door and takes to his knee.

"I'll ask you one question!" Muzhen eye flickered with a frosted tint, "That day, did you guys really finish off and kill that woman? I want the truthful answer!"

She's not going to forget the chief's word back there about how their eyes look very similar! Adding in the fact that the bitch's face held such strong resemblance, it's hard to deny the wariness creeping up inside.

"Elder," musing over his answer, the shadowy figure appears tied between something. "That day the woman was seriously injured by us. There's no way she could have survived."

Muzhen's complexion sank again: "When you pursued her, was she pregnant?"

Trembling so slightly, So in the end the truth got leaked....

"It's like this Elder... That day we could see she was about eight months pregnant. All things considered, that child could not have survived with the mother."

Even if the child did live, it wouldn't have lasted long.

"And why was such a crucial piece of information not reported to me!" Slamming her fist down at the table, the old beauty instantly blew apart the furniture and allowed the tea splash across the floor.

"Because the child is bound to die, so, so I..."

Bang!

Sending a direct kick over, she sends the shadow tumbling to the ground. Those eyes radiated hatred like a bat out of hell: "How dare you hide this from me! If you are so sure she is dead then you don't need to live either!"

Due to Chief Wu Wei's sudden inquiry about the woman from years ago, this ruthless and black hearted witch did what any evil villain would do – she murdered anyone involved with that case. This one who just returned was out in a mission so that's how the individual managed to survive till today.

But in the end, the fate of death still befalls the shadow's head....

Piercing the man's heart with her blade, Muzhen claps her hand to summon a servant: "Drag this corpse away and bury him in a mass grave."

"Yes, Elder. "

An elderly old man slowly emerged from the side, his face indifferent and cold when eyeing the pool of blood. Lifting up the body as told, he went about with his business as usual. Its just that this time around, instead of a smooth burial like the previous times, there was a ghostly figure who tailed him and stole the body away once he wasn't looking....

Regarding all this, Muzhen naturally didn't know nor expect. In her wretched head, there's only the burning hatred for revenge against Bai Yan.

"To think that slut bore the young lord's child. She's nothing but a commoner, base don what can she have his blood?" Gnashing her teeth in jealous hate, the old beauty rubs her own belly in utter resentment. "And there's that blasted daughter of hers. No wonder she's such an eyesore as soon as I saw her. A slut would always give birth to a slut, only knowing how to seduce the opposite sex!"

Chapter 716 "A Good Play's Opening (11)"

"Elder," coming through the door, the senior who earlier went to dispose of the body had returned. "I have buried the corpse within the usual spot as you instructed. It won't be long before the wild creatures in the forest dig into him. There is no need to pay the subject anymore heed."

"Mmm," Muzhen calmly nods to affirm she's got the message. "Now that I'm being nominally under house arrest by the chief, I want you to pay closer attention to that side. If there's anything, anything at all from the estate, I want to know about it."

"Yes Elder..." sounding hesitant, the senior decides to ask what's bothering him anyways. "Regarding the girl from back then who tried to seduce the young lord, is she really just a commoner?"

"Of course!" Muzhen snarled at this, "Even if she isn't a commoner by the odd chance, the girl couldn't be anything more than a small clan's daughter. How can someone of that low blood be worthy of our young lord? I bet she knew his identity beforehand and did everything to climb into the bed, that's how she got pregnant in the first place. Someone who only schemes to become the mistress of our Misty Fairy House deserves to be crucified for their sins. What I did is an act of mercy, do you understand me?"

Apparently this old hag had forgotten her own place in life. She's only an elder, a subordinate of the main ruling house. The very fact that she's trying to dictate who or what's permissible to interact with her liege was in itself a treasonous act.

The old senior didn't object or raised anymore doubt to the woman. He didn't participate in the matter from back then so he doesn't understand the full picture. However, an ominous sensation kept nagging in the back of his head like this wouldn't turn out well in the coming days.

"You can leave me for now, I want to rest." Closing her eyes, Muzhen showed a wary tiredness on her face.

Perhaps its due to her own student facing a miserable death, or it's the fact that she no longer has a place in the Misty Fairy House's controlling body, regardless of the reason for both, its all bad news.

"Yes, Elder." Arching his fist, the old man respectful bid his farewell with a worried face before disappearing from this courtyard.

......

Meanwhile at the same time over at the main residence of the chief's home, Yun Feng wasn't attacking everyone within sight anymore. Rather, he's now all quiet lying there against the bed and even regained some of his handsome features from all those years ago.

"You... who are you?" Bai Yan points her finger in an uncertain way at the man's forehead.

He's clearly just a stranger, why is he able to make my heart feel so painful?

Perhaps its her voice, or that face for some reason, but the conscious young lord was slowly closing his eyes like he's overcome with a wave of drowsiness. The person's not feeling weak or anything, instead it's a sense of calm that's allowing him to get some rest after going crazy earlier.

"I will definitely cure you, maybe then I will get some answers...."

In that moment when she said this, Bai Yan nearly couldn't hold her emotions in check. She has her suspicions and its really difficult to find any flaw with her theory. Nevertheless, she couldn't just jump the gun without proof.

This time I need to refine an eighth grade medicinal Dan pill. He's been far too gone and for far too long, only a Supreme Dan Pill can suppress that inner demon within his heart now.

Bai Yan was by all intent purpose a genius when it came to alchemy, however, refining such a high-level pill was a first for her in this world. There are risks involved and it won't do her good if that comes to past. Taking out her personal cauldron from the storage bag, the woman was just about ready to begin when a knocking from the door interrupted her session.

Stern in that voice: "Come in."

At her beckoning, a young maid slowly opened the door and strolled in with a tray in hand. The young lass walked extremely slowly before eventually placing the item on the table.

"Miss, this is the medicinal ingredient you asked for.'

"I know, you can leave now." Giving an approving nod, she seems pleased by what's displayed before herself. "Go inform everyone that none is allowed to come inside afterwards when I start, regardless of what they hear or see.... understand?"

Refining an eighth grade Dan pill was no laughing matter and would surely rouse a series of heavenly thunders from the sky. Thankfully this was not a ninth level phenomenon, otherwise her current body would never be able to endure that destructive force. Bai Yan still hasn't forgotten how she died in her previous life back on Earth. Anyone would be traumatized after being struck down by thousands of watts of electricity!

Chapter 717 "The Lightning Strike of an Eighth Grade Pill (1)"

Faintly exhaling the dirty air in her lungs, Bai Yan allows her mind to drift away into the deeper parts of her memories as she closed those eyes. In an instant, the long and difficult recipe for the Supreme Dan pill emerges, allowing her mind to go through the ingredients in detailed precision....

Jerking them open again after achieving what she wants, the woman moved with fire and wind.

"Before I didn't dare to attempt such a high level recipe, but now I will and I must succeed!"

There's not much choices right now. it's either she succeeds and get to the bottom of her discomfort or give up and lose this crucial trail that suddenly befall her way.

......

"Yun Feng!" Inside another bed chamber, Jun Tian Yue had just regained her consciousness after fainting from earlier. Climbing up, this mother's first instinct was to ask about her eldest son's condition in her frantic state: "How is Yun Feng?"

Pained by the nails digging in his skin from his wife's firm grip, Chief Wu Wei tries hard to look as calm as possible in order to avoid throwing his wife over the edge: "Don't worry my wife, our son is fine. Miss Bai Yan is already seeing to his illness. I'm sure it won't be long until the demon in his heart is gone and we can all start anew."

"Really?" the mother's expression instantly brightens.

Even if she knew the man's words are nothing but deceiving lies, it's still something she wants to believe.

"I'm going to see Yun Feng. "

"Wait a minute." Seeing his wife's going to get out of beg, he promptly made a grab for her shoulder to stop this. "Wait, don't move and rest for now. The lady stated that we mustn't interrupt her session during the operation so let's wait here while she does her work."

Even this man didn't know why he would be so trusting of a stranger to the point where he would entrust the wellbeing of his son to them.

"Okay, okay." Repeating the word several times over to herself in a muttering tone, Jun Tian Yue could not hold in her joy.

Unlike the other healers and alchemists who came before, Bai Yan was the only one who didn't turn their heads as soon as they saw Yun Feng's condition.

......

Outside the territories of the Misty Fairy House, the closest terrain was a deep ravine that cut off the mainland from this part of the continent. As a result, those who wish to enter the place by regular means would need to transverse a large stretch of barren landscape in order to reach the destination.

"Yan'er is unthinkable, how can she not come back and tell us something so major." Huffing and puffing, the usually calm second shifu Ren Yi appeared quite annoyed in his voice. "If we didn't interrogate Little Rice and force him to spill the beans then who knows what sort of danger that girl would be in!"

The third brother Qiu Shu Rong nods in agreement and cocked a bitter smile of his own: "Maybe Yan Yan only did this because she knew the Holy Land's relationship with the Misty Fairy House isn't that harmonious? But really, that blasted girl needs to start learning on how to use the powers behind herself. She's too headstrong for her own good, always running up front and shouldering everything on her own without looking for help."

Normally all three brothers would come after getting wind of this, but since their oldest brother Zheng Qi was in the middle of making a breakthrough, only these two had come.

"There's around a thousand miles before we reach the Misty Fairy House. By my estimate, we should be there by nightfall." Ren Yi's eyes scanned the horizon with a fierce glint, "If my precious student suffers any indignation or is harmed by those people..." Growling like a threatening dog, "I will make them pay regardless of their forces or status!"

As an elder of the Holy Land, how could the second brother not know the virtues of those from the other power? And considering her own student's proud nature, plus amazing talent, its almost a certain some of those conceited bastards would try something against her. That's something he won't allow!

Chapter 718 "The Lightning Strike of an Eighth Grade Pill (2)"

While the two elders of the Holy Land were making their way over at air splitting speed, the sky around the main residences of the Misty Fairy House had fallen into a gloomy storm.

Jun Tian Yue and her husband remained seated inside the main reception hall while they waited. Though the hope was slim, the couple didn't want to let it go. But as always, there are bound to be some who simply doesn't want the world to have a moment of peace sometimes.

"Chief, Madam, Elder Muzhen has come." Rushing inside was a young maid, her face flustered and urgent.

"What?" the mistress of the house flew into a rage at the announcement. Slamming her hand against the table: "Didn't I instruct my people to watch over her estate, how did she step out of her home without them knowing?"

Then before the maid could get another word in, an eerie laugh cuts in on their conversation from the front. Its annoying and filled with sarcasm.

"Madam, why are you so angry for? I'm only here to leave a few words, that's all."

Clenching her fist, Jun Tian Yue glares fire at the arrogant woman who barged into her home.

"What do you want to say?"

Among those part of the elder council, Muzhen was indeed one of a kind so it's not entirely surprising that she could slip through the observers. What did surprise this madam though was the fact that this old wench would violate her orders!

"I've heard you are letting that girl treat the young lord and that you're leaving them alone with no one to observe?" Squinting her eyes into a narrow slit, the old hag sneered derisively: "I don't know if I should say you're stupid, or just simpleminded? How could you just believe some stranger would suddenly waltz into the frame and cure an illness that even the lord of the Medicine Sect could not do? I bet she's in there harming the patient right now!"

"Muzhen!" Jun Tian Yue snaps, enraged by the derogatory words coming her way: "I don't want to argue with you right now so get out of my site!"

In light of that, the old hag did not leave. In fact, he's dismissing the death glare and turned towards the husband: "Chief, do you really believe the girl's appearance is some kind of coincidence?"

Unlike his wife who's quickly losing all reasoning, Chief Wu Wei stayed cool in his demeanor that's expected of a ruler. "What are you trying to imply? Spill it."

"Then I'll tell you the truth," Muzhen's lip curved into a faint smirk, "that girl's appearance reminds me of a person."

"Who?" Dubious in his face, the man coldly asks.

"The woman who seduced the young lord and then abandoned him, that woman."

Clank!

Due to the bombshell of a news, the man had inexplicably knocked over the teacup next to him when jolting up. "You mean, she is my....."

Granddaughter?

He wasn't able to spell the last word out of his mouth because the poor man's shaking too terribly to mince words.

"Don't be too happy yet Chief, I'm only saying the girl might be that woman's daughter. Also, I never said anything about it being the young lord's child either. She might just be an imposter and here out to gain our favor."

"That's not possible, the girl's eyes are way too similar to my son's. She must be Yun Feng's daughter. She must be my...." Endless joy swept the man off his feet, sending him fluttering all around like he's floating on air.

If Bai Yan is really my granddaughter then the Misty Fairy House will have an heir!

"So what if she has similarities with the eye? This world is filled with children, having a few that looks similarly close is nothing to be surprised about nor does it prove anything! As far as I know, that woman from back then would sleep with any men she comes across. Even if this girl is the young lord's daughter, what good would such an offspring be when it's coming from such bad blood?"

Chapter 719 "The Lightning Strike of an Eighth Grade Pill (3)"

Yes, I haven't checked it yet so how can I be so certain of that girl being my granddaughter?

What to do... Our Misty Fairy House doesn't have anything to verify one's lineage. Wait! There's Bai Chang Feng, I can ask him to help once he arrives at our door.

After some brooding, Chief Wu Wei figured this would be the best option.

"Haha!" Jun Tian Yue couldn't help but cackle at her foe's shamelessness, "So your meaning is the girl came to our Misty Fairy House in order to deceive us and get close to Yun Feng, is that what you're implying?"

"That's right!" Muzhen's eye flickered with a strange light at the idea, "Her purpose is perhaps to dilute the leading family's blood! With the power she would gain, the slut would then become a person of extreme influence overnight!"

"Do you really think us for a fool? Miss Bai Yan is a Monarch Rank! With her talent at such a young age, every power out there would be vying to take her in, why does she need to deceive me or my husband?" The madam didn't believe a single word coming out of the other side's mouth.

Perhaps others don't know this, but as a mother, Jun Tian Yue could visibly sense the disgusting motive hiding behind this old hag's face.

"Hahaha!" Laughing at that remark, Muzhen's sniggering became derisive and mocking.

"Do you really believe that she is a Monarch Rank? In this world, there are plenty of treasures that can instantly boost or hide one's power, for a period that is...." Her face turning a heinous dark that showed how evil her insides were, "And, I'm certain she only defeated my disciple thanks to said treasure! I do not believe she's talented at all!"

Unable to take this farce anymore, the mother hatefully flings her own teacup at the foul-mouthed granny who's in love with her own son.

It missed of course after Muzhen swung to the side, causing the content inside and the container itself to splatter into many pieces after hitting the wall.

"Compared to you, I would rather believe the young miss than you! Scram, I don't want to see at my home!"

"Elder Muzhen, why are you still standing there for?" Chief Wu Wei was now frowning at the unwelcomed guest: "Do you want to see my wife's death or something?"

He's the husband here. To see his own wife clenching that chest like her heart's in unmeasurable pain, the man would of course be unhappy.

"Humph, I'm only trying to get even for my poor student, she has been wronged dearly by being killed...."

Jun Tian Yue was about to go mad after hearing that comment. She's absolutely livid. If not for the fact that her eldest son was supposedly saved by this old hag years ago then she would've run over and ripped out that tongue.

Boom!

Abruptly, a struck of lightning suddenly came smashing down in the general area of the patient's room, causing a wave of fright to the occupants inside the hall. By the time the three of them ran outside to investigate, the darkened sky had already changed. There's now a huge stormy cloud spewing purplish streaks of electricity down to the ground.

"Young Lord!" Muzhen exclaims, her legs shaky and her face a ashen white.

She wants to kill Bai Yan for what she did, and she also hates the parents for whatever reason, but this old beauty could never hate the man she's been secretly coveting.

"Madam, this is the sort of person you brought back into your home!" Swinging her death glare at the mistress of the house, the old beauty radiated a murderous intent that covered her whole existence.

Apparently unrequited love could blind even the most vile and wicked of hearts. Despite being non related to the matter, Muzhen made it sound like she's the one in charge of Yun Feng's safety and not his own parents!

Ignoring whatever that rude comment was about, Jun Tian Yue's first reaction was to head for her son's room. Sadly, due to the numbness in her legs, the poor woman could only rely on her husband to help support herself.

"This... what is going on?"

"Humph, of course its that slut trying to murder the young lord!" Grinding her molars in frustrated anger, Muzhen's eye had turned a bloodshot red: "If not for you, if not for the both of you then none of this would've happened! If anything happens to my poor Yun Feng then I won't let either of you go!"

Chapter 720 "The Lightning Strike of an Eighth Grade Pill (4)"

Due to the huge commotion of the rumbling in the sky, everyone within the vicinity had come out to see what's happening. To their horror like the first three, they're all looking up in shock at the crazy storm brewing in their view.

"This... this is an alchemic phenomenon created by someone refining an eight grade Dan pill!" One of the more experienced and knowledgeable alchemists explained after seeing the signs.

Slightly frowning, Chief Wu Wei turns to the person and asked: "Are you sure it's an alchemic phenomenon?"

"It should be... most likely..." The alchemist himself also sounded somewhat uncertain: "Years ago when Lord Bai from the Medicine Sect was making his breakthrough into the eighth level, he also produced a similar phenomenon. I happened to be passing by the place so I managed to witness it firsthand. Its just that compared to the trial from back then, this one seems more powerful and more destructive."

"Then, would my son be in danger?" Jun Tian Yue (wife) asks with worry in her eyes.

"No," the alchemist shakes his head, "I heard only the one making the pill would be effected by the danger and everyone else in the vicinity would be fine."

"Then what about Miss Bai Yan? She's only a Monarch Rank, would she be able to withstand an alchemic trial of such caliber?" the madam urgently asks, afraid for the worse.

"Uugh, this I'm not sure either. Back then when Lord Bai made his breakthrough the man was already at an extremely high level. The young lady is too fresh so I'm unable to discern the outcome." Heaving a long sigh, the alchemist shakes his head in disappointment at his own inability.

"Then what are the consequences if she fails?" biting her lower lip, the madam almost didn't want to know the answer.

She's not an alchemist so it's not all that surprising for her to not know the details. Besides, how many eighth grade alchemists are there? Aside from Bai Yan's grandfather and her shifus from the Holy Land, there are only a few other hermits hiding up in the mountains and such.

Stumbling for a safe answer, the alchemist decides to give the cold hard truth anyways: "The soul will be destroyed."

That's right, the consequences of not being able to resist the trial would be the destruction of their soul!

Faltering back and almost losing her balance, Jun Tian Yue's face immediately showed a layer of pain like someone just poured acid into her heart.

"This won't do, I must see the girl in person before I can be at ease."

"Wife, you mustn't be impulsive." Chief Wu Wei hurries to stop the woman, "If you rush in now then it will definitely effect the lady. Even if she wasn't in danger, she would be after your interruption."

Halting in her footstep, the madam unwillingly clenches her fist in frustration.

"Ha, eighth grade Dan pill?" Muzhen sneered sarcastically, "A twenty something girl can refine an eighth grade product? If she can do that then I'm a ninth grade alchemist, HAHAHA!"

That's it! Turning all of her rage and resentment into one single blow, the madam directly flings her fist right into the impudent old wench's face and sends her spinning into mid-air. Then as a finishing blow before the bitch could land back down, she jumps right up to end it with a elbow slam that left a crackling small crater in its wake.

Puking blood from her mouth at a profuse rate, Muzhen looked up in dismay at her assailant. She never thought that with her status and power the other side would dare lay a hand on herself. This was especially true when there are so many people around themselves.

Likewise, the other members of the Misty Fairy House were looking over in stunned astonishment. In their view, the image of the madam was that of a virtuous wife who's both gentle and kind, never in their wildest dreams would they expect the woman to beat someone in open public.

Climbing up after much struggle, Muzhen makes a couple of heavy coughs before managing to regain her strength: "Madam, which part of what I said there is wrong? There's no way she could be an eighth grade alchemist, nor are those flashes from the storm cloud real lightning bolts!"

Gnashing her teeth till it hurts, the old hag resented everything. From her own injury to the fact that she's being shamed before her peers, anything that so much as moves was within her range of fire.

What did that little slut do to earn the chief and his wife's trust so much?

"Eh?" A voice suddenly cuts in from above, it's powerful and old of someone with experience in life. "It looks like I came just in time. To think there would be another out there who is about to break into the eighth grade of their alchemic profession. Looks like there will be another of my level very soon in this world."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 1.7K 17
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။
15.1M 719K 62
When Daiyu is summoned with dozens of other girls to be the Emperor's concubine, she doesn't think that she'll be chosen. Although beautiful and kind...
36.9K 1.1K 59
"mom, dad, Im married!" lahat ng relatives namin ay nagulat sa announcment ko. Sino ba naman kasi ang mag aakala na ang unica ija ng pamilyang Letpr...
46.8K 5.2K 10
Dragonwall's queen no longer remembers who she is. Her magic is locked away at the hands of an evil sorcerer. Kane hoped to deal the drengr monarchy...