Worth Solving {Dylan O'Brien}

By AintThatDevine

Genesis and Dylan started talking over a wrong number but something compelled them to keep the calls going. A... More

*Disclaimer*
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty-Two
Chapter Fourty-Three
Chapter Fourty-Four
Chapter Fourty-Five
Chapter Fourty-Six
Chapter Fourty-Seven
Chapter Fourty-Eight
Chapter Fourty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Epilogue
For You, With Love

Chapter Fourty-One

7K 246 35
By AintThatDevine

A/N: Bob's Burgers is taking over my life for real

41.

{Genesis' P.O.V}

Laying half on half off the sofa in Dylan's house, I was poking at my computer dully. I was attempting to navigate through my most recent Mandarin paper, but my mind was set elsewhere.

To be honest, it was set on the fact I would be home in two days.

In the miraculous event of having Dylan free from filming and promos, I'd asked him to come to England with me. And Kaya wasn't wrong when she said he would be happy too.

The funny thing was, I was moderately terrified.

England held all of my past - all of it. Everything with Daniel, my brother, my father, all of it sat quaintly in the small country. I felt it defeated the purpose of my hiding of it if I brought him up close to it.

But I wanted him to know. I just wasn't sure how to tell him.

Shutting my laptop, I slipped off the edge of the sofa and stayed on the floor without even reacting.

Dylan looked up from his book, furrowing his eyebrows down at me. "Yes?"

I groaned inwardly, unmoving on the carpet.

"I don't think that works as an answer." Dylan marked the page in his book at set it to the side. With a heavy sigh, he turned around and slid off the couch like I had. He waited a minute, his eyes on the ceiling as he laid next to me. "I can see why this could be comfortable."

With my head tilted to the side to look at him, I couldn't help but grin. "You live here and you've never laid out on your own floor?" I asked with an arched brow.

"Do you commonly lay on the floor?" He asked back, a hint of questionablity in his voice.

"Are you kidding? I'm best mates with mine in Bury."

"Speaking of." Dylan absently took my hand, lacing his fingers with mine. "What are we planning on doing in good old England?"

"It's up to you. I lived there my whole life." I replied, the November light of the afternoon leaking into the open living space. "Where do you want to go?"

"Wouldn't we just be staying in Bury?" Dylan quizzed, lifting an eyebrow.

"I have a car." I laughed at the look he gave me. "I'm twenty three. Don't you think I know how to drive?"

"I just mean, you never - I haven't," Dylan was honestly perplexed, "I just hadn't seen anything relative to driving with you."

"I don't like American driving. It freaks me out still." I admitted, hesitating when I saw an idealistic expression cross his face. "Oh god, you want to try to drive there, don't you?"

"Can I?" He got excited, his eyes lighting up. "Will you teach me?"

"I suppose, but I'll have to take you out to Thetford to get more out of the way so you don't run anyone over."  I smiled at his offended look, "Trust me, Bury isn't a place to learn to drive."

"Are we going to London?"

I hesitated, but only just. "Do you want to?"

"Of course I do, it's London." Dylan replied, neither of us moved from our spots on the floor.

"I-"

He sighed inwardly, his phone ringing next to where he left his book. "Hold that thought." He let go of my hand after kissing it lightly, getting up from the ground. 

It was always the phone, whether it be mine or his.

I sat up, running my hand through my hair. I watched as Dylan answered, Edmund walking over to me and rubbing his nose against my shoulder. "Hey, bud." I softly said, Dylan walking towards the back door and disappearing outside.

Edmund nudged me against, asking me to pet him.

"Alright, okay." I said, running my hand along his back. "You're not happy about leaving, are you?" I asked, scratching behind his ears. "You'll be over with Tyler and Seana so you get to hang out with their dogs. I think that'll be fun."

Not like I expected him to respond, but Edmund only wagged his tail and tilted his head to the side.

I glanced over towards the back decking, seeing Dylan through the curtains with a displeased and equally annoyed look on his face.

"That doesn't look good." I said to Edmund, him sitting next to me with his eyes on his owner. 

 It took him a few minutes longer, a muffled argument leaking through the shut door to the patio, but Dylan finally came back inside. Saying he was annoyed was putting it lightly. Getting up from the floor, I stood up in question of what set him off. "Dyl?"

"I'm going to have to get a different flight to England." Dylan took a moment before speaking. "You should still go since you haven't seen your mom in a while, but I have to go to a shoot that I'm not being let out of."

"And they just told you today?" 

"It's not like it hasn't happened before." He pushed his fingers through his hair, "I'm sorry, Gen. I'll call the airline and re-book one of the tickets."

"It's okay." Dylan put his phone back into his pocket, "How long do you have to stay here?"

"About a day I think, maybe two. He didn't tell me." He grabbed my hand, "I was supposed to have the entire time off but he sprung the photo shoot on me."

"Are you sure you don’t want me to stay with you?" I walked to him, my hand in his. "My mum would understand."

"I know you miss being there. I see it sometimes, even if you say you love it here." He put his arms around my waist, looking down at me.

"I do love being here. I love being with you."

"I know, but you can love England too." He smiled, "It's not going to hurt my feelings."

"Just make sure you tell me when your flight comes in. I'll come pick you up."

"I'll call them now." Dylan kissed me, stealing two more before letting go of me and leaving the living room.

I smiled, moving my hand through my hair as I glanced down to Edmund and the look he was giving me. "Don't give me that look. You have to share him."

Edmund barked lightly, turning before trotting out of the room after Dylan.

"I see how it is." I offendedly said, sitting down on the sofa and grabbing my laptop. "Okay, Mandarin. Mandarin, let's write this bitch." I let out an important sounding sigh as I cracked my knuckles. "I can do this without being distracted." 

Getting down roughly a sentence, my mobile started shaking on the seat next to me.

If I hadn't been more focused on trying to ignore the ringtone, I would've been able to tell that my eye was twitching. 

When the call dropped after four rings, I only got ten seconds of peace before it started again.

I grabbed my phone harshly before answering it. "What?"

"You sound angry. Why are you angry?" There it was; that voice that made everything worse. "Was it Dylan?"

"No, surprisingly it was the person calling me. Imagine that." I held my phone between my ear and my shoulder, attempting to speak in English but process an essay in Mandarin.

"You're feisty today." Elizabeth was more amused with herself than me. "It's probably because you're about to go back home. Some British thing when they returning from the land they used to control, right?"

"Can you just get to what you called me for?" I flatly asked, wishing I could punch her through my phone.

"Sure thing, sweetheart." She moved on as if she hadn't bothered me at all. "So, book's coming out soon. We will be hopping on the tour train very soon and I wanted to know if you had any idea of what you would want to call it. Something catchy maybe."

"This is my first book, Elizabeth. You don't tour first timers."

"You do if that particular first timer is dating a celebrity." She sighed happily, "So, tour names?"

"I don't have time to go on tour, Elizabeth. I need to spend more time writing with Jeff and I already have university."

"It wouldn't have to be a long one, promise."

"I said no." I half heartedly objected, clicking on my keyboard in hopes of finishing this paper before I went home.

"Mhm, and I totally hear you, but seriously. Name suggestions?"

"I'm not going on tour. I physically will not spend the time I need to get a university degree on promoting a book you chose to publish for me."

"Hey, you wrote it."

"Yes, because it was the only way I could cope with what happened. But you don't seem to care that every detail in that god forsaken book- you know what?" I gave up on trying to fight her. "It doesn't even matter. I'm not going on tour." I hung up, dropping my phone on the seat next to me.

Within seconds, my phone was ringing again.

Growling inwardly, I answered my mobile. "What?"

"Uh, did I catch you at a bad time?"

I shut my eyes for a moment, "Jeff, I'm so sorry. It's uh, my roommate. She's been a little...aggravating lately." I recovered from my flash of anger that Elizabeth never failed to bring out in me. "What can I do for you?"

"I was just checking in on opener ideas. We definitely want to get this season moving. Since we're set on the Oni and the Nogitsune, I think we should detail out the season and go from there for scripts."

"Sure thing. I'm still working on it but I have some things written up in Google docs. Do you want me to send it to you?" I asked, saving my paper and going to find the Teen Wolf document I'd been working on.

"That sounds great, yeah. And since our season following the Alpha pack consisted of a magic theme and didn't have a saving point of Stiles, Scott and Allison after their sacrifices, that needs to be a main focus." Jeff said, his own keyboard clicks in the background of our conversation.

"I thought as much. That slides perfectly with Stiles harbouring the nogitsune if we decide officially for that to happen. Scott and Allison would have their own struggles with closing some sort of door in their minds that the sacrifices opened while for Stiles, the nogitsune came through before he could close it."

"I like it. I'll run it through with the others along with your season ideas and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Have fun in England."

"Cheers, Jeff." I said, hitting send on my email to him before letting go of the call.

"I heard a lot of words that I didn't understand." Dylan came into the living room with his cell loosely in his hand. "What's a nugitsine?"

"It's called a nogitsune, and I have a feeling you're going to find out soon enough." I lightly smiled, knowing he didn't like it when I left him out of the show writing.

Dylan groaned at me but didn't fight. Instead, he moved my phone and set both of ours on the coffee table before sitting next to me. "So, you're still flying out tomorrow but I will meet you there the day after you get in."

I put my laptop away and angled myself more towards him. "One day isn't too bad."

"Well I think it's going to be terrible because I have to be all smiley and shit while I could've been on a plane with you."

"Oh, come on. It's just sitting in a metal bird for ten hours that don't seem to end with creepy ladies asking if they can get you coffee five minutes after they just gave you a fizzy drink."

"You really hate flight attendants." Dylan laughed, remembering how I was when we flew to Louisiana for Maze Runner. "But that's not the point." He put an arm around my shoulder and let me lean into him. "My point is that I won't be able to hold your hand up somewhere where we could forget about paparazzi and Elizabeth and everything else that's stressful."

"That does sound nice." I softly said, looking up to him with my head on his chest.

"That's why I like planes. You can forget about everyone down on the ground because you no longer share the same space as them."

I lightly grinned, "You should write a book."

"You are an awful human being, Genesis."

I laughed brightly when he squeezed me, "Yeah, we'll I'm an awful human being that you're in love with."

Dylan leaned down with his hands on my sides, pressing his lips to mine. "You're damn right I am."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 209 28
Amy Mitchell (Maverick's daughter) joins topgun in hopes of becoming like Maverick, she meets Bradley Bradshaw (Goose's son) who blames her father fo...
10.6K 108 9
Kiara Salvatore, the youngest of all siblings but causes the most trouble. She wasn't always so cold- hearted and distant. Just as she thought life c...
39.9K 435 12
This entire book is satire don't take this seriously This was made as a joke TW: you will need severe therapy after reading this. Beware!!
102K 2.5K 85
DISCONTINUED "Why don't you just wish to be born with a quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off of the rooftop!" I take a few steps backwa...