On My Own (l.s. AU)

By tanithlow2003

Cover by the one and only stylinson_larryxx On his own, that's what Harry was, as long as he can think. Left... More

Information
Prologue (Part I)
Chapter 1 - Home?
Chapter 2 - Sleep?

Prologue (Part II)

149 23 110
By tanithlow2003

Louis POV

We are currently driving home.

In the car it's me, my mum and my four sisters, Lottie (Charlotte), Fizzy (Félicité) and the twins Daisy and Phoebe.

It's late already, half an hour before midnight and Daisy, Phoebe and Fizzy are asleep. Lottie is texting someone on her phone, mum is driving and I hum along to some music on the radio.

I'm sitting in the passenger seat, which gives me a good view over the dark forest we're driving through.

Since I forgot my phone at home, I have not much other choice then to look out of the window. It is not like I'm addicted to my phone. I just like to spend longer drives reading fanfiction and listen to my own music, instead of the music from the radio.

The forest is passing by slowly. Are we driving this slowly or is the forest just big? I'm bored. Nothing is happening outside. The most interesting thing I saw until now, was a deer and her fawn.

I'm close to falling asleep, when I see something else. Something on the road in front of us.

'MUM! BRAKE! NOW!', I can hear myself screaming.

The car stops. My sisters already woke up, the moment I yelled, but now their faces are covered with shock. Lottie dropped her phone.

'Louis, you better explain this.', my mum says angrily.

'Right now.', she adds, when I don't answer.

'Just look mum. I didn't want you to run over the deer.', I answer her, pointing out of the window, towards the shadow I saw earlier.

But as I look out of the windscreen of our car again, I realize I am wrong. What lies there on the street, eyes closed, looks awfully human.

I jump out of the car. My mother follows me instantly.

'Boobear, didn't you say, you saw a deer? That's a boy.'

'I haven't had a good view yet. The only thing I saw was a shadow. It was too big for a hedgehog, rabbit or a raccoon, so the first thing I thought of was deer.', I explain.

I walk towards the boy until I'm standing on his right and take another look at him. He looks like a teen, maybe 16.

His eyes are closed. Is he breathing?

I instantly kneel down on his left and my hand is immediately on his neck, right below his jaw, to search for a pulse. It is there. Thank god, he is alive.

Then I hear it. A small whisper that almost sounds like a whimper.

'Help.'

My cold hand on his neck, searching for a pulse must have brought him back. By the time I realize my hand's still on his neck, I quickly take it back. In the movement I lightly brush his shoulder and that causes him to groan in, what sounds to me, agonizing pain.

'Help. Don't let him hurt me again.', he says, his voice louder this time but raspy.

I look down to my hand and then to his shoulder. What I see now, sends shivers down my spine. I barely touched his shoulder, but the tips of my fingers are already covered in blood. His blood.

'Who?', I ask, looking him in the eyes, trying to show that he can trust me.

'My dad. Please don't-', he can't continue, because he is gone again.

'Mum, can you please call 911. He is losing blood.', my throat is dry and my hands are shaking and so is my voice.

I'm on the verge of tears. Not really sure why I'm so affected by the situation, I slowly turn around to my mum.

She is on her phone, talking rapidly. The only thing I hear are some scraps of conversation, but I'm pretty sure she is giving them our location right now.

'Mum, will they make it in time? He just passed out again and I can't keep him awake.', I ask after she finished the call.

'We need to wake him up and then keep him awake.', she says. 'I don't know how much blood he already lost.'

'Girls, you stay back!', she yells, when she turns around just to see how Lottie and Fizzy are coming over to us with Daisy and Phoebe just a few steps behind them.

Daisy and Phoebe start crying, mum never screams.

'Lou, you need to stay with him for the moment. I have to convince the girls to stay in the car and calm down the twins. You need to wake him up. Can you do that please?'

'Sure. It's fine mum, I stay here.', I answer, not sure if I made the right decision because the girls are stubborn, so I will be on my own for at least two minutes.

Two minutes can be awfully long you know? I once spend half an hour in a locker and it felt like hours before someone came to help me get out.

But back to reality, the stranger in front of me is still passed out and I don't know what to do, how do I wake him up when I don't know if my actions could cause him more pain?

I try and shake his shoulder lightly, of course not his left, it's dripping in blood, but the right shoulder looked fine as far as I can evaluate.

His eyes stay closed.

'Hey. C'mon wake up.', I whisper, shaking his shoulder a little harder.

When he won't wake up, I start crying. I am too overwhelmed by the situation. After the first few tears dropped down my face, my mum is behind me again. In one hand a bottle of water and my old t-shirt in her other.

She opens the bottle and pours some water on the fabric. Then she puts the bottle on the ground and kneels down next to me.

'What are you doing mum?', I ask.

'Cold water may wake him up, you know?', she explains, wiping away my tears with her left hand.

'Right. Just be careful, okay?', I try to make sure.

'Of course, dear.', she says, eyeing me suspicious. 'You seem to care a lot about him. Have you met him before?'

'No, I don't know what's up with me either. He just seems so broken and he's hurt. I just want to make sure he gets help.'

She nods and places the wet shirt on the boys' forehead.

Moments later he opens his deep light green eyes and I can finally hear the ambulance sirens from far away.

Not one minute later the ambulance arrives. Two paramedics, a younger woman and a middle-aged man, leave the car and come running over to us.

'You need to give us some space.', one of them says.

My mum places her hand on my shoulder suggesting I should get up with her. I follow her lead and we take a few steps back, watching the paramedics doing their job.

After helping the boy, the woman comes walking in our direction.

Standing in front of us she informs: 'His name is Harry Styles. He is fifteen years old and from the looks of it I can say he lost a lot of blood. In addition to that he has a lot of bruises, it's possible for him to have a few broken ribs too.'

So, I was nearly right about his age, I think. Usually I would have smiled, but in view of the situation the smile can't form on my lips.

'Have you any idea, what happened to him?', the man joined the conversation.

'No, we just found him lying on the street. I would have run him over, if it wasn't for Louis here.', my mum answers pointing towards me.

My chin nearly touches my chest as my head hangs low, my eyes looking at my shoes.

'You did a good job kid.', the woman says.

I lift my head and give her a small honest smile.

'Can I ask you something?', I question, looking at the paramedics, but taking my mums hand in mine. When I feel like I have everybody's attention I start speaking again.

'Can I go to the hospital with him? I don't want him to be alone.', I ask, just glancing at my mum, not wanting to look her in the eyes.

It's a stupid idea. Why did I even suggest it? But I get surprised in the next moment.

'I don't think it's a bad idea. It was a shock for Louis here we should watch him over night. And when he comes with us, the boy has someone he recognizes when he wakes up.', the younger paramedic comments.

'Okay.', my mum says. 'Which hospital are you taking them to? So that I can come after driving the girls home.'

'It's the Doncaster Royal Infirmary.', the older paramedic informs her.

After that mum comes over to hug me tight. I hug her back and subsequently turn around following the paramedics to the ambulance.

I get in and take a seat next to the female paramedic, while the other one climbs on the passenger seat. The ambulance is driven by a third paramedic I didn't see until now.

'Buckle up.', the woman next to me says and I do.

When the ambulance starts to move, Harry groans and I look at him with worried eyes. Then I yawn and the young paramedic outs her arm around my shoulder.

'Try to get some sleep.', she tells me and the next moment I'm passed out in her arms.

I'm sorry I didn't update for so long.
I have been awfully stressed the last few weeks. School is exhausting and I'm not in my best mental state either. I still hope you enjoyed this part.

How are you all? Have a great day/night.

Thoughts?

~ Lou

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 23.2K 58
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
246K 5.9K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
299K 18.8K 83
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
971K 32.2K 60
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...