The Great War of Remnant (Boo...

由 Cmonkey512

August 6,1916: the British prepare for an assault on the German trenches. For aristocracy born John Fish, it'... 更多

Introduction
For King and Country
Strange new find
New World
Vale
Welcome to Beacon
Meetings
Initiation
Allies
Your choice
Winner
Aura and Revelation
Question (not a chapter)
Whoops! (Again, not a chapter)
Sneak peak
Ports to the Somme
Grimm reminders
Lies
Fall
Here kitty-kitty
Shock
Back
What is real
The Western Front
Wayfaring strangers
One last thing
Ok, this is the last thing, I swear

Pawns of war (Edited)

2.3K 42 55
由 Cmonkey512

Third person POV

Professor Goodwitch walks up to Professor Ozpin holding a tablet to inform him of the students progress.

Glynda: Our last pair has been formed, sir. Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren. Poor boy. I can't possibly imagine those two getting along.

She taps a button on her scroll, changing to a view of Jaune and Pyrrha.

Glynda: Still, he's better off than miss Nikkos.
Ozpin: Hm.
Glynda: I don't care what his transcripts say, that Jaune fellow is not ready for this level of combat.
Ozpin: And the extra-terrestrial veterans?

Goodwitch taps her scroll again, showing two views. One of Alex and Arthur, the other of Richard and John.

Glynda: They were together for a brief moment, then got separated due to a large pack of beowulves.
Ozpin: Hm.
Glynda: Though, it appears that Mr. Morrigan was injured when they met up with Ms. Nikkos and Arc. Ms. Nikkos tried to heal him by activating his aura, but in the process-
Ozpin: She accidentally accessed their memories.
Glynda: Yes.
Ozpin: Someone was bound to have found out eventually.
Glynda: I suppose. In any case, at the current pace of each pair, they should reach the temple within just a few moments. Speaking of which, what did you use as relics this year?

Professor Ozpin gives no response.

Glynda: Professor Ozpin?

Again, no response, as Professor Ozpin was pre-occupied by the current state of the pair on his scroll, Weiss and Ruby, who were bickering at the moment.

Yang POV

Blake and I walk up to the temple ruins and look at a circle of...

Blake: Chess pieces?
Me: Some of them are missing. Looks like we weren't the first ones here.
Blake: Well, I guess we should pick one.

I look over and pick up a knight piece.

Me: How bout a cute little pony?

Blake rolls her eyes.

Blake: sure.
Me: That wasn't too hard.
Blake: Well, it's not like this place is hard to find.

Suddenly we hear a feminine scream come from the distance.

Me: Some girl's in trouble!

I turn over to Blake, who's staring at the sky.

Me: Blake, did you hear that?!

I look up at whatever it is that she's looking at, which is... my sister falling from the sky?!

Ruby: HEADS UUUUUPPPP!!!

She's suddenly intercepted by Jaunes flailing body, which comes out of nowhere.

Blake: Did your sister just fall out of the sky?
Me: I-

Suddenly an Ursa bursts out of the woods with a... girl riding on its back?! When she falls off, a boy appears from behind it. The girl is suddenly behind us and picks up a rook piece.

Girl: I'm queen of the castle, I'm queen of the castle!
Boy: NORA!!!

She skips past us.

Nora: Coming, Ren!
Blake: Did that girl just ride in on an Ursa?
Me: I-

Suddenly Pyrrha, Alex, and Arthur pop out of the woods... WITH A DEATHSTALKER ON THEIR TAIL?!

Blake: Did those people run all the way here with a deathstalker on their tail?
Me: I-

Ruby jumps down and reconvenes with us as Nora stands here with us. Then John and Richard come running out firing into a pack of Beowulves.

Blake: Did they come all the way here with a Beowulf pack on their tail?

That is it!

Me: I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! CAN EVERYONE CALM DOWN FOR TWO SECONDS BEFORE SOMETHING CRAZY HAPPENS AGAIN!?!?
Dick: Wow, Alex was not kidding about that temper. I owe him an apology. (A.N. That one's for you, Swecker)

Then Ruby taps me on the arm and points up to her partner, who just happens to be the White haired girl who was bothering her yesterday. She yells something, but we can't hear it, as she's drowned out by the Nevermore that she's hanging onto.

Ruby: I said jump.
Blake: She's gonna fall.
Ruby: She'll be fine.
Ren: She's falling.

Jaune catches her in midair all hero like, then falls to the ground like an idiot.

Dick: Smooth.

Then Pyrrha, Arthur, and Alex are sent flying and land at our feet.

Me: Great, the gang's all here, now we can die together.
Ruby: Not if I can help it!

She charges at the deathstalker without second thought. I try to stop her, but she's already knocked back by the giant scorpion. She gets up and assures us she's fine. She turns around to shoot the deathstalker, but it has no effect. So she turns to run, but the nevermore she rode in on pins her with its feathers. It also traps me, preventing me from helping her. Then the deathstalker rears it's tail and lunges at her. But it doesn't reach her. Something flashes past me and summons an ice wall and blocks its stinger. It turns out that the flash was Weiss. They're having a conversation, but I'm too far to hear. When their done, I run up to Ruby and hug her.

Me: I'm so happy your okay!
Dick: Yeah, super jazzed about this emotional moment, but could you put it on pause for, say, TWO MINUTES!? Those things are still alive!

We reconvene with the rest of the group. Then Jaune points to the sky.

Jaune: Guys, that thing's circling back-
John: Really? I couldn't tell.
Jaune: What do we do?
Weiss: Look, theirs no sense in dilly-dallying. Our objective is right in front of us.
Ruby: She's right. Our mission is to grab an artifact and make it back to the cliff. There's no point in fighting these things.
Jaune: Run and live. That is idea I can get behind.

Ruby picks up the other knight piece, Jaune picks up the other rook piece, and John and Alex...

John POV

Me and Alex pick up both pawn pieces. We look over to see that the giant scorpion broke out of the ice wall.

Ren: Time we left!
Ruby: Right. Let's go.

We run from the temple ruins and come across the ruins of a giant tower, where we made our final stand.

Ruby POV

We take cover behind various pillars as the nevermore lands on the tower.

Yang: Well THAT'S great.

Then the deathstalker bursts out of the forest. It passes John, Alex, Arthur, and Richard. Then a large pack of Beowulves bursts out. Since John and his friends are behind the deathstalker, they tell us to go ahead and that they'll hold off the beowulves. We run towards the tower, since we have nowhere else to go. Nora distracts it by shooting grenades at it. We run across the bridge halfway, when the nevermore slams into it. We stand on the other side of the bridge and fire at it. Then Nora hurls Jaune and herself onto the side where Blake is fighting the deathstalker. We hop onto the tower, then Blake swings her way up to us.

Blake: It's tougher than it looks!
Yang: Than let's hit it with everything we've got!

And that's exactly what we do. We start shooting at it, until it slaps into the tower. We start falling, then we use the debris to propel ourselves upwards.

Weiss: None of this is working.

I look over and see Blake swing up next to me.

Me: I have a plan. Cover me!

I make my way to Yang and tell her what I have in mind. Then I do the same with Blake.

Richard POV

Me and my fellow veterans fire into the horde of Grimm. John reloads beside me, Alex tosses a grenade, and Arthur is firing his machine gun while mocking the beowulves.

Arthur: GET SOME, YOU SONS OF BITCHES!!!

Ruby POV
Yang jumps into the nevermore's beak and starts shooting into it's mouth. It slams into the cliff exactly where we want it. Weiss jumps up and summons an ice wall, trapping its tail and keeping it in place. Then Blake stands on top of a pillar and throws her weapon to Yang, extending the rope. Yang anchors it into her pillar, than I jump up and land on the rope, pulling it back. Weiss holds me in place with a black glyph.

Weiss: Of course YOU would come up with this idea.
Me: Think you can make the shot?
Weiss: Hmph. Can I?
Me:... Can you?
Weiss: Of course I can!

Then I'm propelled into the cliff, catching the nevermore's neck with Crescent Rose. Then a line of glyphs appear on the cliff, allowing me to stand on it without falling. Then I start running up the cliff, dragging the nevermore with me. When I reach the top, there's some resistance, then the nevermore's head comes flying off. I stand on the top of the cliff and take a breather.

John POV

... That... was awesome.

Time skip
Ozpin POV

Me: Russel Thrush, Cardin Winchester, Dove Brawnswing, Sky Lark. The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward you will work together as team CRDL. Lead by Cardin Winchester.

Then four more students step up.

Me: Jaune Arc, Lie Ren, Pyrrha Nikkos, Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward you will work together as team JNPR. Lead by Jaune Arc.
Jaune: Huh? L-lead by?
Me: Congratulations, young man.

Miss Nikkos playfully punches him, knocking him to the ground. Then another four students come up to the stage.

Me: Blake Belladonna, Ruby Rose, Weiss Schnee, and Yang Xio Long. The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward you will work together as team RWBY. Lead by Ruby Rose.

Her sister hugs her and tells her that she's proud of her. Then the final four students walk up to the stage.

Me: John Winston Fish, Alex Rube, Arthur Morrigan, and Richard Climmons. The four of you retrieved the white pawn pieces. From this day forward you will work together as...

The middle initial of Mister Fish's name, and the first initials of the rest place themselves on the screen, forming their team name.

Me: Team WAAR. Lead by John Winston Fish.

They all congratulate him.

Me: It seems things are shaping up to be an... interesting year.

Time skip
John POV

Alex: Way to go, man.
Arthur: Congratulations, John.
Dick: Hey, I'll take a Brit over Alex any day.

Was that last one supposed to insult me, or encourage me? Nevermind. I'm just surprised that I'm actually team leader. I feel like the least qualified person for such a task. A fact I accidentally said out loud, prompting the others to ask why.

Alex: Why do say that?
John: Um... what ranks were you before you left earth?

They all take second to think.

Alex: Corporal. US Army, 5th division.
Arthur: Sergeant. US Marines, 26th division.
Dick: Lieutenant.  US Marines, 5th division. You?
Me: I was a bloody Private.
Alex:... First class, right?
Me: No, just plain old Private.

They stare at me for a second.

Dick: Eh, your from a different country, so Ozzy's chain of command still works.

I don't think that's how it works, but okay. Then Professor Ozpin walks in and congratulates us. Professor Goodwitch overheard our conversation about our ranks during our respective wars, and agreed that while different worlds do have different rules, it is odd that the lowest ranking of the group is team leader. Then there's a knock on the door. When we open it, it reveals Pyrrha and Jaune standing there.

Pyrrha: You said you'd tell us everything after initiation.
Arthur: That we did. Someone was bound to know the truth eventually. However, may WE ask one question?
Jaune: Uh, sure.
Arthur: Why are THEY here?

He's referring to Ren and Nora standing behind them.

Ren: We thought that we were going to our dormitory room.
Alex: Oh boy...

So we tell them. We tell them everything. My World War 1, Alex's World War 2, Arthur's Vietnam, and Richard's Iraqi Freedom. We tell them that we're from different time periods of the same world, and that this is a secret they must take to the grave. They agree. Then Pyrrha offers to unlock mine and Richard's aura. Alex and Arthur said that they don't think it's a good idea, but they weren't going to stop us either. So she recites the ritual.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

188K 2.3K 27
What happend when a American,a German Soldier, a Russian Soldier and a Japanese Soldier teleport to the world of remnant will the four work together...
165K 2.6K 43
(ALL ART THAT ARE IN THIS STORY ARE MADE BY ME) You are Y/N, that's the only thing you remember from your past, people call you Y/N, and people call...
25.6K 552 36
It's the end of Battle of Belleau Wood, but as the final Germans surrendered to the marines, a massive portal opened in the middle of Belleau Wood an...
44.7K 748 14
A 17 year old boy from a tank crew got himself lost through the ruined cities of Cologne during the final days of WW2 on the Western front. There he...