Blue. [DETRIOT: BECOME HUMAN...

By Paradoxshadow99

Listen to me! Your life is just as important-more important than mine! This isn't the Cyberlife days when you... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-Three
Twenty Four
Twenty-five

Twenty-two

187 10 6
By Paradoxshadow99

A few have days gone by-- I'm home--Home at last. I felt like a soldier returned after war. I was thankful, over-joyed, and yet.. it didn't seem the same. Something didn't sit right within my hard-drives. At the moment, however, I didn't want to put this feeling anywhere near the front of my mind. I just needed to focus on what was infront of me, I told myself.

I took a deep breath, letting out a sigh as I lay sprawled across the grey leather couch in the living room. Hank had made it very clear: No activity of any kind until I was fully repaired and functioning. I feel, I'll be lucky if he doesn't wrap me in bubble wrap the next time we leave the house. I let my eyes trace the grooves in the old plaster ceiling. Moving my view about the room I found my gaze settling to a familiar photo on the wall. Hank and Cole, both smiling and happy. Seeing Hank that way makes me miss Cole, even though I've never met him. I know the lieutenant sees some of him in me, though I will never understand what. I wonder what Hank thinks about his death now that the world has changed so greatly.

With a gentle hand I scratch Sumo's head, which rested lazily next to my hip on the couch as the dog leaned against the couch from the floor. I listen to a bird in the tree outside the window. --It really is an amazing world I live in. To think that any choice could have lead me down a very different path, even to a vastly different world. I'm glad I ended up here. I'm happy. Though.. maybe there is more to life than this? Maybe I should do more? Travel the world? Fall in love? But.. is that what I want to do? I like the way things are. Its so hard to put these thoughts and emotions to order.. Maybe Hank will know what to make of it?

I decided to sleep. I didn't have much else to do. I closed my eyes and lazily drifted into sleep mode. ...

I open my eyes and I feel.. cold. A familiar sort of emptiness seems to seep in from the outside. Confused I sit up and look around.-- A gust of bitter wind blows up my industry standard jacket and I shiver. Around me is a snow storm-- a spinning cloud of white. Through the weather, it's hard to see where I am, but I feel I'm in a familiar place. I stand slowly, pulling my jacket around me in attempt to keep out the frigid wind. I hold out a hand to block the blowing snow, trying to see where I am.

"Hello?" I cry out into the white oblivion.

I'm filled with an eerie nostalgia as I find myself pacing across a courtyard.

"Is anyone here?" I yell and I can heard my voice echo throughout the storm around me.

--"Connor! I'm home!" Hank's voice yelled, ripping me from a deep sleep.

I sat up quickly only to slide down. Water beat down on me from above. I groan put my hand up to block it, only for my arm to slip out from under me and I hit my head with a thump against the fake porcelain tub of our cheap bathroom shower.

"You okay Connor?" I heard Hank stop outside the bathroom door.

I took a few quicked breathes, and I absorbed  in my disorienting surroundings. I was laying, completely nude, in the bottom of our tub, the shower was running. Water beat down on me and spilled out past the shower curtain covering the bathroom floor. I have no idea how I got here or why.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I answer, catching my breath. "Just dropped something." I added to make it more believable.

Hank paused briefly before responding. "Okay then, I bought stuff for dinner so I'll be cooking in the kitchen!"

"Okay! I'll be out soon."

I remained still until I heard Hank walk down the hall and enter the kitchen. Then, I slowly pulled my feet underneath me and stood, turning the water off. I stepped out into the puddle of water on the bathroom floor. I wasn't sure what else to do besides wipe up the mess with a towel.

-- Running internal diagnostic.--

While I waited on the results from my internal scan I put on a tee-shirt and sweats. I took a shaky breath, and collected myself before leaving the bathroom and walking into the kitchen.

"Hey Hank."

"Hey, Con."

Hank had his back to me chopping vegetables. I crossed the kitchen and opened the fridge, retrieving another pouch of blue blood, moving quickly to stay out of Hank's way. I stepped around the counter taking a seat at the stools on the other side.

"How was work?" I asked, desperate to fill the silence in the room.

"Oh you know.. paperwork.-- Trust me, you didn't miss anything." Hank remarked. "Everyone at the office wishes you a quick recovery though!" He added.

I stabbed a straw into my blood bag, taking a small sip. "That's nice." I stated absent mindedly.

Hank gave me a sideways glance. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine." I reassured him.

Hank nodded, thinking over my answer as he dumped his cutting board full of vegetables into a skillet on the stove. "You must me bored out of your mind." He concluded, "That's your second shower today, right?"

I gave a nervous half-chuckle. "Yeah.."

"As long as you don't run the water bill too high!" He teased, and I forced a small laugh.

--Diagnosic complete- No system change since last scan.--

I furrowed my brow. I had hoped that would give me some answers.

----------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.3K 2K 22
Connor is lieutenant Hank Anderson's partner. He aids him on the force and in his home. One morning after a long night of drinking, Hank gets a very...
4.9K 150 11
Detective (y/n) (l/n) was recently assigned to investigate deviant cases with lieutenant Anderson. But things get interesting when an android, sent b...
517K 18.8K 21
Y/N was born in a world without androids. When she was ten, Chloe, the first android was created. Is this why she is sympathetic to the android cause...
770 113 15
[Cover art by @sunsetagain on DeviantArt !] While chasing a deviant android, Lieutenant Hank Anderson of the DPD meets an untimely death. This is in...