๐€๐‹๐–๐€๐˜๐’ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐…๐Ž๐‘๐„๏ฟฝ...

็”ฑ -L0VELESS-

๐€๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐…๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ | โ๐™ฌ๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™š ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š, ๐™๐™ž๐™ข ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ... ๆ›ดๅคš

๐€๐‹๐–๐€๐˜๐’ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐…๐Ž๐‘๐„๐•๐„๐‘
แด€แด‡sแด›สœแด‡แด›ษชแด„s
แด„แด€sแด›
แด‡แด˜ษชษขส€แด€แด˜สœ
แด˜ส€แดสŸแดษขแดœแด‡
แด€แด„แด› แดษดแด‡๏ผ› ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜จ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ
II. CONTROL
III. LIVE TO SEE ANOTHER DAY
IV. LET IT ALL GO
V. NEVER SAY NEVER
VI. 21 GUNS
VII. TEAM
VIII. THIS MOMENT NOW
IX. WINGS
แด€แด„แด› แด›แดกแด๏ผ› ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ
X. I DID SOMETHING BAD
XI. EVERY SINGLE TIME
XII. WILD WILD LOVE
XIII. LET US BURN
XIV. ARCADE
XV. STAND DOWN
XVI. I'D DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE
XVII. MONSTER IN ME
XVIII. KINGS & QUEENS
XIX. DARK PARADISE
XX. ALL I NEED
XXI. TIME IS NOT ON OUR SIDE
XXII. LOVER OF MINE
XXIII. UNSTEADY
XXIV. ANGEL BY THE WINGS
แด€แด„แด› แด›สœส€แด‡แด‡๏ผ›๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ
XXV. SOMETHING IN THE WATER
XXVI. FALLING
XXVII. HURRICANE
XXVIII. ALWAYS
XXIX. WHAT I'VE DONE
XXX. MOTHER'S DAUGHTER
XXXI. BOULEVARD OF BROKEN DREAMS
XXXII. THE KIDS AREN'T ALRIGHT
XXXIII. TAKE ON THE WORLD
XXXIV. HERO
XXXV. GHOST OF YOU
XXXVI. IN MY VEINS
XXXVII. FAMILY
XXXIII. SAID IT ALL
XXXIX. THE DAM
XL. KNOW YOUR ENEMY
XLI. THE RIVER
XLII. WAY DOWN WE GO
XLIII. TILL THE WORLD STOPS TURNING
XLIV. LONG WAY FROM HOME
XLV. KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOR
XLVI. LEAVE OUT ALL THE REST
XLVII. MONSTERS
XLVIII. REDEMPTION
ALWAYS AND FOREVER

I. LEGEND

12.9K 247 97
็”ฑ -L0VELESS-

━━ ∞ ━━
𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑
[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ - 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘥]

"blood, sweat, i'll break my bones
til' all my scars bleed golden"

☾ ♥ ☾ ꕥ ☾ ♥ ☾

On a dark, chilly night, a car drove soundly down an unknown road. Upon seeing a body laid in the middle of the road, the driver pulled over to the side with a confused frown before stepping out of their car. "Are you alright?" the man asked as he walked round the side of his car, though his frown quickly deepened as he noticed just who the person on the ground was, "Damon?"

Damon smirked from the ground, opening his eyes, "Lockwood," the vampire greeted before using his vampire speed to stand to his feet. Tyler studied the vampire cautiously, aware of his lack of control over his own mind, "heard you haven't been yourself lately," Tyler commented, stepping back towards his car as Damon watched with a devilish smirk.

"Oh, I am who I've always been," the Salvatore vampire replied as if it were obvious, the smirk on his lips causing Tyler to frown fearfully. "Just got to keep proving it," Damon finished evilly as Tyler held up his hands in defence, shaking his head at the vampire as if to get him to back off. "Your fight's not with me, man," Tyler stated, sending the vampire one last look before walking back towards his car.

Damon watched in amusement, the smirk still resting on his lips, "nice hardware. Armory standard issue?" the vampire asked as he sped over to the Lockwood man, blocking his entry to the car. Tyler sighed as he looked up at the vampire, "you kill me, you can say goodbye to everything. No one forgives you for this," Tyler warned him, his voice stern though holding a clear sense of fear.

The Salvatore vampire simply shrugged in response, "I think we're past that," Damon commented, smirking at the Lockwood who shook his head in denial. "You have another option," Tyler spoke, his tone almost desperate as he attempted to persuade the vampire not to kill him, "walk away. Fight whatever it is she wants you to do and get your life back."

"Walk away, Damon. Think about what you want at the end of it all. Think about who you want," Tyler continued, pleading with the man but Damon simply stared at him blankly. "That's the problem," the Salvatore started before as a chilling smirk broke out across his lips, "I don't want any of it anymore," he finished causing Tyler to shake his head.

"That's a lie," the Lockwood retorted, his expression stern, not giving away any of his emotions though anyone could tell he was fearful of Damon's unpredictability. Damon tilted his head to the side as if he was considering what Tyler had said, "is it? I wouldn't even know," the vampire shot back, smirking at Tyler who sighed in defeat.

Taking a step back, away from the vampire, Tyler looked up at Damon with a blank look. "Okay, then. Do it," the Lockwood man replied with a defeated tone as a scowl overcame his features, "if this is the way I go out, then let me go out as the face that you can never erase from your brain. The face that reminds you, to the end of time, of the moment you gave up," Tyler goaded the vampire in the hopes that it would trigger Damon to change his mind.

"The moment you threw away everything you've ever wanted...to be a siren's little bitch," Tyler commented, smirking at the vampire who watched him emotionlessly. "Or maybe this'll be the thing that wakes you up. And then maybe both our lives will be worth something at the end of it all," Tyler continued, his tone becoming saddened as he thought about all the bad things he'd done during his lifetime and how desperately he wanted to atone for those things.

Looking at the vampire with a defiant expression, Tyler's expression quickly hardened, "so, go ahead. Do it. Tear me apart," he continued to provoke with a smirk. "Do it!" Tyler shouted angrily just as he noticed Damon's face beginning to change causing the Lockwood man's face to pale, "Damon?" The raven-haired vampire ignored him, unable to fight Sybil's influence over his mind, Damon snarled, bearing his fangs.

"Damon, wait!" Tyler shouted urgently, his tone and expression scared as Damon growled lowly, ready to lunge for him. However, before he could, a sudden 'whoosh' was heard as if someone had sped towards them. As Damon's body fell to the floor, his neck having being snapped, Tyler's eyes widened as he took note of the person that had found them and ultimately saved his life. "Must you always be so dramatic?" Thea Mikaelson commented with a smirk, placing her hands on her hips as she looked at her older brother.

☾ ♥ ☾ ꕥ ☾ ♥ ☾

"Mommy, when is daddy coming home?" the small voice of Kaiden Mikaelson whispered as Thea tucked him into her old bed beside a sleeping Hope. Thea's smile fell at the sound and the sight of his broken expression, her heart aching for both her children and Klaus who none of them had seen in almost 4 years.

Thea and Klaus had spent the majority of their relationship/marriage separated; a fact that chilled the brunette to her very core. Every part of her missed him, as well as the other members of her family who she was still no closer to saving. They had all missed watching the twins grow into the cheeky little children they were today and it saddened Thea that her children didn't know their family.

The twins both reminded her of the husband she missed so dearly. Kaiden was practically the double of his father with his slightly curled blonde hair and smirk. Had it not been for the fact that he had Thea's eyes and personality, she would've honestly questioned whether Kaiden was hers at all.

Hope was a completely different story. Whilst Kaiden had traits that could be matched to both his parents, Hope resembled Klaus in every aspect. Her eyes were a replica of his. Her smirk was as devious as his was. Her attitude, personality and the way she held herself matched her father completely.

Despite being only 5 years old, the tribrid already exuded so much power and fierceness. Hope was endlessly protective over her little brother, despite there being only 2 minutes between them. They were both so deeply strong-willed and self-determined that it made Thea so proud to be their mother, and yet so deeply saddened that the rest of their family weren't here to witness it.

Yet, however hurt and broken the hybrid was over the last 4 years, she remained strong for the sake of her babies. Thea spoilt them with all the love in the world to make it feel as though neither of them had missed out on having the love of two parents. And whilst the twins missed their father, the sad truth was, neither of them knew or could remember what life had been like with him in it.

It was a devastating realisation and Thea vowed to tear apart those that had caused it, but for now, she had more important things to do. The Mikaelson hybrid had scoured the earth to find all the ingredients needed to cure Freya's hex, as well as search high and low for the werewolf packs needed to save Elijah and Kol.

So far, the brunette had found 4 out of the 7 werewolf packs needed to create the cure to cure Kol and Elijah, as well as the majority of the ingredients needed to cure Freya. However, the hybrid still needed to find a witch that was willing to siphon the curse from Rebekah.

Which is why, whilst Hayley was out scouring the continent for the remaining 3 werewolf packs, Thea was back in Mystic Falls to hopefully acquire the help of the only two siphon witches she knew. "Soon, baby. I promise," Thea whispered back to a sleepy-eyed Kaiden, her tone firm and unwavering with assured determination.

Kaiden smiled slightly in response, nodding his head as he yawned quietly. Thea smiled softly, looking from the sleepy boy to Hope who was laid beside him emitting cute little snores. "Now, go to sleep my little warrior, before your sister keeps you up all night with her snoring," Thea told the clearly tired 5-year-old with bright smile.

Kaiden chuckled softly, turning on his side as he smiled up at his mom lazily. "Night mommy," the curly-haired child whispered gently as his eyes closed shut causing Thea's smile to widen. "Night baby," the brunette whispered back, kissing his forehead as she tucked him in once again before reaching over and kissing Hope's forehead.

☾ ♥ ☾ ꕥ ☾ ♥ ☾

After making sure the twins were both soundly asleep, Thea made her way out of the room and down the grand staircase of her childhood home in search of her twin brother. The brunette didn't have to look very far as she caught sight of the man in question sat one of the couches in front of the lit fire in the living room.

"Kaiden's finally asleep. I can't believe I forgot to pack Mr Snugglebug, he can never sleep without-" Thea began with an exhausted tone as she threw herself down on the couch opposite Tyler with a dramatic sigh before she was quickly cut off. "What are you doing here, T?" Tyler suddenly asked with a confused frown, his expression guarded as he stared at his sister.

Thea narrowed her eyes slightly as she sat up straighter on the couch, her brows furrowed at the sight of her twin's expression. "Wow, Ty. Talk about a warm welcome," the younger sibling muttered sarcastically as she rolled her eyes at her brothers' attitude. Tyler scoffed, ignoring her comment as he continued, his tone growing increasingly more stern and slightly angry.

"Nobody's heard from or seen you in almost four years, Thea," Tyler began, his own eyes narrowed as he became more frustrated. "I went to New Orleans, completely out of my mind in worry to be told that you and the extended Mikaelson family hadn't been seen in years­...that you'd all just...gone," the human Lockwood sibling continued causing Thea to become increasingly more guilty.

Thea remained silent as Tyler continued, a devastatingly hurt look etched upon his face. "I thought you were dead, Thea. That you, and my darling niece and nephew, had been killed by one of the Mikaelson's many enemies," Tyler admitted, his tone sad and his expression completely shattered as he told his sister of the torment he'd lived with for the last 3 years.

"So, I'll ask you again," the older twin stated, his tone more serious and stern as his expression contorted into one of anger, "what are you doing here?" Thea sat silently for a moment, a look of guilt surpassing her expression before it passed quickly. Whilst the brunette was saddened to hear the emotional torment she'd accidentally put her brother through, there was nothing she could've done to change it.

Of course Thea had received the endless calls her mom, Tyler and the other members of the Scooby-Gang had left her over the years, but she chose not to answer them. It wasn't safe for anyone to know the whereabouts of her, Hayley or the twins – for their own safety, as well as the 4 Mikaelson siblings they were currently carting around with them.

Thea didn't necessarily want to tear her children away from the other half of their family, especially considering the other half had already been ripped away from them, but she didn't necessarily have another option. She'd vowed to save her family and her husband, and that, throughout all the years she'd been without them, was the sole thing that kept her going.

"Saving your life for one...your welcome for that, by the way," Thea replied sarcastically, a false smile on her lips causing Tyler to roll his eyes. Over the recent years, Thea had developed a colder, more harsh attitude leaving little to no room for anyone to even consider challenging her. The hybrid hadn't necessarily meant to, but after being left alone to raise and protect two miracle, all-powerful tribrid babies, she had to become more ruthless.

At the sight of her twins deadpanned look, Thea sighed deeply at the realisation she was going to have to rehash the worst memory of her life and explain to Tyler just what happened all those years ago. "Three years ago, the original family was taken down by someone we once considered a friend," the brunette began as she lent forward, resting her arms on her knees with a far-off expression.

"Bekah was hexed, Freya was poisoned and Kol and Elijah found themselves at the receiving end of Marcel's toxic teeth, whose venom is strong enough to kill an original," Thea continued causing Tyler's brows to furrow in confusion, Marcel's name ringing a bell in his mind. "Wait...Marcel? Wasn't he-" the older twin began with a questioning tone before Thea cut him off.

Standing to her feet, Thea rolled her eyes impatiently as she folded her arms over her chest. "At my wedding? A friend of mine? Practically family?" the brunette trailed with a sarcastic smile on her face as she answered her brother's question, nodding her head mockingly, "yes, yes and yes – can I get back to the story now?" the hybrid stated bitterly as she raised one of her perfectly shaped brows.

Tyler frowned slightly at her attitude but nodded nonetheless, intrigued as to find out what had pushed her to disappear off the face of the earth. "In order to save them, Freya tied their lives to Nik's and cast a sleep spell over them," Thea continued, taking a deep breath as she began to pace in front of the lit fire, a troubled look on her face as Tyler watched her with sympathetic concern.

"For the past three years, my husband has been suffering endless torment alone at the hands of the man he'd once considered a son whilst the rest of my family sleep, their ailments slowly killing them," the hybrid revealed, her tone a mix of bitter sadness as she stared angrily into the fire. Tyler's eyes widened significantly at her words, the shock forcing him to sit straighter on the couch.

Thea sighed shakily once again, rubbing a hand down her face in exhaustion and sadness before continuing. "Hayley and I have been trying to find a cure, tracking down the seven werewolf bloodlines so that we can make an antidote to save Elijah and Kol – that's where Hales is now," the hybrid informed a she turned back to face her brother.

Tyler nodded his head at her words, part of him having been wondering where the older wolf was. "But, in order to save Rebekah, we need a witch to siphon the magic out of her," Thea revealed as she sat back down in front of Tyler on the couch she had been previously sat on, an expression or pure exhaustion and stress etched upon her face.

It was clear to see the brunette had barely slept a wink for the last 3 years; whether it be a result of trying to settle the twins or the endless search of a cure to save her family. Thea had done all she possibly could over the last three years to make sure her family didn't perish, even if it was at the expense of her own well-being. Family above all, always and forever.

"All the witches I've come across so far have refused to help...shocker," Thea scoffed bitterly, shaking her head at the memory of the countless times she'd been turned down help as a result of the Mikaelson siblings' reputations. "Which, my darling older brother, is why I'm here," the brunette concluded as she looked back at her brother who's brows were still furrowed in slight confusion.

"Little Lizzie and Josie are the only two siphoners I know who also just so happen to be the only option I have left," Thea informed her brother with a sheepish look, the hybrid not being overly fond of the idea of using her young goddaughters to help her.

The brunette had already messaged Caroline in advance and gotten permission from both Care and Ric before she just suddenly turned up out of the blue, but Thea still didn't like the idea of putting so much pressure on her 3-year-old goddaughters.

Tyler sat silently for a moment as he registered all the news he'd just been told before a small, sympathetic smile broke out across his lips. "I will help you in any way that I can, T," the older twin spoke gently, his tone firm and promising as he studied the clear exhaustion and stress that his sister was currently battling.

Thea sighed in relief, as if a large weight had been taken off of her shoulders, causing her to smile back at her brother thankfully. Tyler nodded at her appreciative look, a larger smile spreading across his lips as he moved to wrap his sister in a hug, "I'm just glad you're safe," the older Lockwood sibling sighed in relief.

And as the two embraced, Thea had the fleeting feeling that for once, everything was going to work out right. With her brothers and Hayley's help, they would easily be able to track down the last remaining members of the seven packs needed. Not to mention that Thea was a step closer to rescuing Rebekah and curing Freya. Perhaps it wouldn't be that long until she and Klaus were reunited after all.

☾ ♥ ☾ ꕥ ☾ ♥ ☾

Thea and Tyler talked for a long while after their small heart to heart, catching up on all the details they'd missed in the three years since they'd seen each other. Thea showed him all the pictures she had of the twins on her phone, sharing all the places they'd visited and the things they'd seen whilst Tyler told her of the problems Mystic Falls was currently facing.

It seemed that nothing had changed since the moment Thea had left town almost 6 years ago. Mystic Falls was still a beacon for endless supernatural drama that didn't rest even when its residents did. Tyler told her of the woman he'd been in contact with, Virginia St. John, who was helping him locate the sirens who escaped the vault in the armory.

The woman had lots of research and letters from her great-grandfather, Dalton, who released one of the sirens in 1883, which Tyler now had in his possession after Virginia died and willed everything to him. The two Lockwood siblings had spent the last couple of hours going through all the documents trying to find the location and identity of the second siren before Tyler had received a message from Caroline.

The blonde had told him to meet her and the others at the Carnival that currently resided in the town square for what she described as a 'well needed catch-up'. And, after spending almost an hour trying to persuade a newly returned Meredith Fell to babysit the sleeping twins upstairs, Thea and Tyler quickly made their way to join their friends.

"Thanks for coming," Stefan began as he stood on one of the tables addressing Caroline, Alaric, Bonnie, Enzo and Matt as they stood before him with a smile. Before the vampire could continue however, Thea and Tyler suddenly walked up behind the group, their arms looped within each other's as they wore matching smiles.

"Sorry, are we late?" Thea remarked, announcing their presence causing the group to turn towards them instantly. Caroline and Bonnie's eyes both widened at the sight of their best friend, smiles breaking out on their faces instantly as they both rushed towards the hybrid, the three of them sharing a gleeful hug.

Thea smiled happily, wrapping her arms tighter around her two oldest friends, a true feeling of elation and safe familiarity instilling her as she reveled in the comfort they shared. When the three finally managed to pull away, Thea turned back to Stefan with a sheepish, apologetic smile as she realised she'd just interrupted his moment.

"Sorry, Steffie...continue," the brunette stated loudly, a teasing smile on her lips as she walked back over to join Alaric, Enzo, Matt and Tyler, who were in the middle of a hug themselves, with Bonnie and Caroline. Stefan rolled his eyes at his friend, a soft smile on his lips nonetheless as he chuckled slightly. Ric smiled brightly at the sight of the teen, pulling her in for a warm hug as she stopped beside him causing the hybrid to smile once again.

"We don't know what'll happen next to any of us. But we can't let that haunt us. We can't let that make us forget what me mean to one another," Stefan continued, watching with a smile as Bonnie and Caroline both hugged Tyler who neither had seen for a few months. The group all smiled at each other as they listened to what Stefan had to say.

"A few years ago, I sat on top of that Ferris wheel with Elena and told her how important it was to appreciate these moments. Because moments are all we have," Stefan continued, a nostalgic look on his face as he recalled the memory. Thea smiled softly, her head resting on Ric's shoulder as she thought about her brunette friend who was currently missing from their little get together.

Stefan sighed before smiling at the gathered group, "so, in honour of Elena, we need to keep creating moments like these. We need to remember to live," the vampire finished firmly. Thea cheered happily in response, smiling at the happy laughter that seemed to break out across her friends faces before sharing a look with Tyler.

The two twins watched each other steadily for a moment before they both ran off in the direction of the bumper cars, racing each other to get the best car. It was a tradition the two had had since they were small children. Bonnie, Caroline and Matt shared a laugh as they watched the twins recalling the many times the two Lockwood siblings had fought over getting the best car.

As the group all dispersed and did their own thing, each smiled with a joyful expression. After the last few months they each had had, this is what they all needed. A moment to just chill and play and remember who and what it was they were fighting for within all this madness. They needed a moment to remember those they'd lost and those that were still there with them.

They needed a moment away from the hectic drama to just simply spend together. To remember how it used to be as they caught up and just enjoyed their mad, crazy lives. And as their shared laughter mixed in with the whimsical music of the carnival rides, each of them forgot about the worries and stresses currently shadowing their lives.

☾ ♥ ☾ ꕥ ☾ ♥ ☾

"So you're the infamous Enzo I've heard oh so much about," Thea stated with a smile as she stepped up beside Bonnie looking directly at the aforementioned vampire who was stood in front of them. Bonnie blushed slightly, hitting Thea's arm subtly as Enzo chuckled, looking down at the hybrid with an amused smile.

"And you must be the dearly missed friend that ran off and married the devil," Enzo replied with a joking smile causing Thea to chuckle in amusement. The brunette shrugged her shoulders at his comment, a lazy smile on her lips as she twirled the golden band on her ring finger, "what can I say? I've always been partial to a little danger," the Mikaelson hybrid retorted.

Enzo chuckled at her comment as Bonnie smiled at the pair, glad that her best friend and boyfriend got along. Thea smiled as she wrapped her arms around Bonnie's shoulders, pulling the witch into her side as she rested her head on top of hers and kept her gaze locked on Enzo. She was elated that after everything Bonnie had sacrificed for the group she had finally found her own happiness. If anyone deserved it, it was Bonnie Bennett.

"I like you, Enzo," Thea began sweetly, smiling at the British vampire before her expression suddenly became menacing, her eyes narrowing at him, "but if you do anything to break my best friends heart you will find yourself at the end of my very sharp, very deadly teeth," the Mikaelson hybrid warned, her eyes flashing golden as the veins under her eyes appeared.

Bonnie rolled her eyes at her friend's threat knowing that whilst Thea had meant every word she said, she also wouldn't do anything without Bonnie's permission first. Enzo, however, was mildly terrified by the brunette's threat as his face paled significantly before he nodded his head sharply. Thea smirked at the sight, getting a small thrill by the fear she'd instilled.

"You don't know how much I've missed your ass, T," Bonnie spoke up as she joined in their conversation, turning in Thea's hold so that she could hug the brunette properly. Thea sighed, hugging Bonnie back just as tightly as the two now grown women basked in shared nostalgia. The two brunettes had been two, 18-year-old girl's months away from graduating the last time they'd seen each other.

And here they were now, both almost 25 – one with a loving, ever-doting boyfriend and the other married with two 5 year-old twins. It wasn't a life either of them had necessarily imagined or seen themselves living, but neither of them would change anything. They had both found happiness, and each of them would do anything to ensure the other managed to keep hold of it.

Meanwhile, across the town square, Stefan and Caroline were stood together in front of the ring toss as the blonde vampire attempted to get the three rings in her hand around the pole on the shelf. "You know, I realised I never said thank you," Stefan spoke suddenly as he watched his fiance, referencing to when she'd saved him earlier.

Caroline smiled as she placed down the rings in her hand and turned to face the vampire. "I'm going to be your wife. Which means helping you and protecting you. Even saving you, if I have to," the blonde replied sweetly as Stefan smiled back her gratefully. "Well, hopefully you won't have to do that anymore," the younger Salvatore said back, his tone gentle as he looked down at her adoringly.

Caroline smiled wistfully as she looked around the carnival, watching as Thea, Bonnie and Enzo caught up towards where Alaric, Matt and Tyler were talking on one of the benches. "I remember the last time that we were at this carnival," the blonde vampire began with a nostalgic look on her face as she turned back to face Stefan who listened intently.

"I didn't know how I could possibly deal with an eternity of being a vampire. And you told me the only way to get through is to tell yourself that you're strong enough. Every day," Caroline repeated the words Stefan had told her all those years ago as she lifted her arms, wrapping them around his neck as she smiled at him, looking deeply into his green eyes.

"Stefan, you're strong enough. And if you ever doubt that, I'm gonna be here to remind you," the blonde finished, her tone promising and firm as she smiled deeply at her fiance. Stefan smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist as he brought her in closer, both of them feeling nothing but complete and utter happiness.

Across the way, Tyler and Alaric were sat on one of the tables as they caught up before the ex-history teacher excused himself to check in on the twins. "Hey, I was just checking in," Alaric greeted as he walked slightly away from the table where Tyler and Matt were sat and towards a quieter part of the carnival.

"Hey. The girls are doing a little arts and crafts project before bed. And I got a little carried away organising the garage," Seline's velvety voice traveled through the receiver causing Alaric to smile. "Wow. You're the best," the ex-vampire hunter replied almost breathlessly, "and thank you for staying late, and working on your night off. I...couldn't have got through today without you," Alaric thanked the woman appreciatively.

Seline chuckled through the receiver, "what can I say? I love your girls. They keep me feeling young," the woman replied with a wispy tone. Alaric smiled at her words, "I'll be heading home soon," the man informed her reassuringly, believing the woman had better things to do on her night off. However, Seline smirked deviously on the other end of the line as she watched Lizzie and Josie with a keen eye, "no rush."

☾ ♥ ☾ ꕥ ☾ ♥ ☾

Caroline was sat on one of the benches alone when Thea suddenly joined her, taking the seat opposite her blonde friend with a smile. "You gonna be mad if I tell you I'm happy to have you back here?" the blonde asked as she smiled back at her brunette friend who she hadn't seen in almost 6 years.

Thea smiled sadly back at her oldest friend in response, "I just wish it were under better circumstances," the brunette replied sadly, watching as Caroline's mood seemed to deflate slightly too. "I'm sorry that I stayed away so long, Care, I've just been going through some stuff," the Mikaelson hybrid stated guiltily.

Caroline nodded her head in understanding as she smiled softly back at the brunette, "story of our lives," the blond muttered woefully as the two thought about what crazy turns their lives had taken. The two friends sat in silence for a long moment before Thea sighed, plastering a happy smile on her lips instead as she let go of all her negativity – or at least tried to.

"So, how are the girls? Practically teenagers?" Thea joked with a smile causing Caroline to laugh as she pulled her phone out of her back pocket. "So I'm guessing you have a photo or two," the blonde began causing Thea to scoff in amusement. "A full album more like," the Mikaelson woman corrected causing Caroline to roll her eyes, kicking the brunette's leg under the table as she opened the images on her phone.

Thea smiled as she moved round the other side of the bench to sit beside her blonde friend so she could see all the pictures of her goddaughters. Whilst Thea hadn't kept in contact with anyone over the last 3 years, Caroline hadn't neglected in updating her on every small aspect of the twins' lives.

Even though her messages went unanswered, Caroline always sent Thea a photo of Lizzie and Josie and updated her on anything new in their lives. Thea's photo library was practically full of images of the twins – not that she minded much at all. She adored every new photo Caroline would send and often found herself waiting for the next one.

Despite never actually meeting them, Thea loved them as if they were her own. The brunette always sent them each a card and present on their birthdays and at Christmas, though she never signed them from her just in case someone managed to trace them back to her and find out where she was.

"Uh, that's them playing with the puppy filter, first day of school, uh, crafting at a friend's birthday party," Caroline listed as she flicked through the images with a smile as Thea looked at them all with an equally happy smile. "Oh, I love this. Seline sent it, from earlier today," the blonde stated happily as she stopped on a photo of the twins and Seline as they all smiled at the camera.

Thea's brows furrowed at the name as she narrowed her eyes at the woman in the photo, "Seline?" the brunette questioned as she looked from the photo to Caroline. The blonde rolled her eyes with an amused smile, "mm-hmm. The nanny. I know, Ric hired the hot nanny," the vampire joked but Thea's expression remained hard as fear instantly instilled her.

"No, Caroline, you need to get home now," Thea told her friend urgently, thinking back to all the information she and Tyler had read over earlier. Seline wasn't just Lizzie and Josie's nanny. She was the other siren. The one that had escaped.

☾ ♥ ☾ ꕥ ☾ ♥ ☾

and we're back with a new book, new chapter and back in Mystic Falls with the old gang!

sorry this took so long to write, i've had a lot to do - hopefully it doesn't suck too much.

hope you all enjoy reading. the drama starts here.

็ปง็ปญ้˜…่ฏป

You'll Also Like

35K 1.4K 17
โ–โ€ขยฐ เผ˜ เผ‰ ๐’๐Ž๐”๐‹ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ ๐Œ๐„. โ› ๐–พ๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐—’๐—๐—๐–พ๐—‹๐–พ ๐—‚ ๐—€๐—ˆ ๐—‚'๐—๐–พ ๐–ป๐–พ๐–พ๐—‡ ๐–ฟ๐–พ๐–พ๐—…๐—‚๐—‡๐—€ ๐—…๐—‚๐—„๐–พ ๐–บ ๐—€๐—๐—ˆ๐—Œ๐—. ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ฝ ๐—‚'๐—† ๐–ฝ๐—’๐—‚๐—‡๐—€ โœ แ“ซ...
92.1K 2.2K 85
"๐™ต๐š˜๐š›๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐š’๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐š•๐š˜๐š—๐š ๐š๐š’๐š–๐šŽ, ๐š‹๐šž๐š ๐™ธ ๐š ๐š˜๐šž๐š•๐š๐š—'๐š ๐š–๐š’๐š—๐š ๐šœ๐š™๐šŽ๐š—๐š๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š ๐š‹๐šข ๐šข๐š˜๐šž๐š› ๐šœ๐š’๐š๐šŽ." {๐™ด๐š•๐š’๐š“๐šŠ๐š‘ ๐™ผ๐š’๐š”๐šŠ๐šŽ...
71.3K 3.4K 61
{Book One} "There is no surprise that you do not trust me, Bonnie Bennett," Klaus began, taking a long sip of his scotch before setting it down on th...
48.6K 1.9K 50
โธข๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง', ๐ˆ'๐ ๐ฐ๐š๐ข๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ. ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐๐ข๐๐ง'๐ญ ๐š๐ฌ๐ค ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ.โธฅ She bewitched him. From the moment...