Friends Don't

By yourBombshell

A story following the narrative of the song "Friends Don't" by Maddie and Tae featuring TaeTee as Tone and Ak... More

Author's Note
...cancel other plans
...call in the middle of the night
...try to hide their chemistry
...drive a little too slow

...almost say "I love you"

459 36 2
By yourBombshell

Akk POV

I stood up from my study table to stretch. At last, I finished my paper due in a couple of days. I've been slaving over it for weeks now, gathering appropriate data and doing the required analysis. All that's left is to check the citations and proofread the thing and it's ready to be submitted!

"Yey!" I exclaimed with delight since the hard part of the project was over. I learned from Tone that one should celebrate little accomplishments no matter how small.

I skipped dinner just to finish my paper. I glanced at the clock, it was only around 8pm. Maybe I'll treat myself with some late dinner and a delicious dessert. Hmmmm....

"Sounds like a plan!" I smiled triumphantly. I was about to enter the bathroom when the doorbell chimed.

Who could it be? I don't think any of the guys have free time today. I specifically planned to do my paper today precisely because everyone else were busy. Toey is acting as the sous chef in the French resturant he's been training in while Kin and Pong have night shift today. And of course, Tone is...

...standing right outside my doorstep.

"Hwa?" My jaw dropped upon seeing my bestfriend. He looked so dashing!

"Tone? What are you doing here?" I was truly stunned. "Aren't you suppose to be in a ship somewhere in the Carribean?"

"Surprise!!!" He exclaimed with arms open wide. "It's my first break from work!"

"Owwwwkkaaaay... so what are you doing here?" I'm still not over seeing Tone here in the flesh.

"Isn't it obvious?" His arms still spread wide.

"What's obvious?" Seriously I have no idea.

He pouted, though in an exaggerated comical way. "I miss you. That's why I came to see you immediately." He dropped his arms, his excitement dissipated. "I guess you don't miss me too."

It was at this time that I snapped out of my shock of seeing him. Acting purely on impulse, I jumped him and rounded my arms around him. "Of course I miss you! Sorry! It took a little time to get over that your here in front of me."

"I miss you Akk so much!" He took a deep breath and savored our presence of each other.

We seperated and locked our eyes. Then...

*BAAAAAM!!!*

"Aww Akk! Is that how you greet your bestfriend that you haven't met for almost a year?" He complained why massaging the spot where I hit him.

"Serves you right coming here unannounced!" I nagged with my hands on my waist. "Good thing I was still here, I was planning on eating outside!"

"That's perfect! I wanted to invite you out to dinner that's why I came here." His using his gummy smile as leverage. He knows it's my weakness.

"Oh okay." I felt blood rush to my cheeks. "But would you mind if I just take a quick shower? I was holed up here for the whole day because I was making my paper."

"Sure, take your time." He replied. I was not looking at him because I knew I was blushing.

"Uhhh... Akk?"

"Hmm?"

"Can we go inside? So you can go ahead and take a bath while I wait for you?"

Fuck! How stupid of me! "Oh! Yes! Yes! Come in! It seems I'm still dazed with your sudden arrival."

I let Tone in and closed the door, then we trooped to the living room.

"You sit down while I take a quick shower." I said dismissively.

"Alrighty..."

But before I went to the bathroom, I turned to again to Tone.

"Would like something to drink while you wait? Water? Milk? Coffee?"

"Coffee sounds good."

"Alright, I'll just go prepare your coffee." I walked to the kitchen absentmindedly.

Out of reflex, I prepared my usual coffee fix. Well, it'll be a waste if I just throw it out. But to make it special I made a little something extra on top of it. I placed the prepared coffee and threw in some creme puffs I made yesterday.

I returned to the living room and served Tone his coffee. "Here you go!"
I just placed the tray on the center and scrambled to my room immediately before Tone sees what I made on his coffee.

A/N: Photo not mine. Found it in FB.

xoxo

After a quick shower and getting dressed, I nervously went back to the living room. Tone was still patiently sitting at the couch.

"Hi Tone. Sorry for the wait. Let me just place this in the sink." I grabbed the tray was walking towards the kitchen when Tone addressed me.

"Yes?" I said turned around to face him.

He looked stunned when he saw me. He was just staring at me.

"Tone? What is it?"

"I... uhh... ummm...." he stuttered. "You look mes...mer...izing..."

"What?" I could hear the last one as he slurred that part.

"You're beautiful..."

"Huh?"

"I mean! The coffee art was beautiful and the creme puffs were delicious. You're getting good at making pastries." He declared with his usual gummy smile.

"Oh shucks! Quit flattering me Tone." I retorted but I was evidently pleased with what he said.

I rushed back to the living room from the kitchen and found Tone already standing, waiting for me with his hands behind his back.

"Let's go?" I asked.

I was about to walk passed Tone when he revealed his hands holding something. He presented a bouquet of chocolates to me.

"For you."

I looked at him in disbelief. "For me? Why?"

"I knew you'll be mad when I come unattended so I came prepared. I forgot to bring it from the car though since I was so excited to see you."

"Oh Tone, you should've have..." Gosh! My face feels hot!

"But I already did so... peace offering?" His gummy smile once again exposed.

I bit my lip to hide the giddy feeling I was having. "Mmm... okay!" I grabbed the bouquet and gave him a warm smile.

A/N: I'm seeing a gummy smile.

xoxo

Tone and I went to the newly opened restobar in our district. I'm surprised he knew it since he was gone for almost a year.

Since we were new to the place, we ordered different sets of food. Tone is a steak guy so he ordered a T-bone while I had honey glazed spareribs. We ordered additional nacho-fries, a margherita pizza, and a pitcher of red iced tea.

"Good evening everyone!" A staff stood at center stage addressing everyone. "We will be having an open mic session tonight, so if anyone would like to perform here on stage, feel free to approach me by the stage. Thank you!"

"Hey Akk, let's perform!" Tone excitedly invited me. "We can sing while waiting for the food."

"What? With this many people? No way!" I disapproved.

"C'mon! It's been so long since we've done this! The last time we did, we were still in Hotel Stars Project!"

"No way! Plus I don't even have any practice!"

"It will be fine! I know you sing when taking a bath! Haha!!! C'mon!"

Tone dragged me against my will towards the stage. He talked to the staff and arranged the music with the live band.

"So everyone, we have our first performers for the night! Please welcome Tone and Akk! They will be performing the song "Something Stupid".

A/N: Here's the song for your reference.

"Hi everyone!" Tone greeted the audience. "You see my bestfriend and duet partner, Akk, is feeling a little shy, how bout we encourage him?" He said poking my cheek.

The audience cheered and clapped after Tone's annoucement. Fuck! Where did this confidence come from?

He turned to me and started singing the first line. The audience came swooning hearing his singing voice. Tone plays the guitar too. He's really musically inclined. He then gave me a reassuring nod to sing the next line.

What the heck! Ugh!

So I sang with Tone.

He sat down the stage so I followed suit. I was getting comfortable with performing with Tone by the minute.

"...by saying stupid like I love you..." Tone's eyes were fixed onto me while singing those lyrics. He stood up and held my hand.

We finished the song looking at each other saying...

"I love you..." sang Tone.

"I love you..." I sang back.

"I love you... I love you..." We sang gazing at each other's eyes. It's as if the world around us faded away and Tone was the only left.

"Alright!" I returned to my senses with the staff suddenly spoke using another mic. "Thank you Tone and Akk! A round of applause for our performers!"

Thunderous applause rumbled at the venue.

"Do you really believe that they are just bestfriends? Haha! They make such a cute couple don't you think so guys?" The staff teased and the other customers cheered.

"Look! Look! Look! Pose like this! Make an arch with your arms!" We did as we were told albeit awkwardly.

"Kyaaaaaa!" Deafening squeals filled the area, the staff leading the charge.

A/N: I am definitely this staff. Haha!

xoxo

After eating our dinner, we transferred to a cozy bar for some light drinks. At first I was against it but as Tone pointed out, we should celebrate his return and for me, finishing my paper.

Well I guess, a little alcohol can help me relax. It has been a pretty stressful month.

"Margarita for you?" I asked Tone.

"And mojito for you?" He answered with a smile.

"You know me so well." We chuckled in that simple exchange.

🎶They don't almost say "I love you"
When they're downtown somewhere, just a little drunk🎶

A few glasses of cocktails later, I felt a bit tipsy but comfortably relaxed. Tone has high tolerance to alcohol so I'm sure he's still fine. In my somewhat blurry constitution, I can see Tone gazing at me.

I gave him a fierce look. "Why are you looking at me Tone? Do I have something on my face?"

"Akk..." he paused and retracted back.

I raised a brow. What's going on with this guy? The last time he was tongue-tied like this was when he made his deal with Toey a secret from me. So that means...

"Spit it out Tone. I know you. You're keeping something from me. Just say it, put it on the table."

He took a deep breath and close his eyes. When he opened them, I saw his resolve.

"Akk... I... love..."

I just looked at him, waiting for him to continue.

"I love..." he loves???

"I love...

...to go back to the Carribean on pleasure! Want to go with me?"

"Huh? Carribean?"

🎶They don't talk about the future and put each other in it
And get chills with every accidental touch🎶

"When I was in the cruise ship, there's this island stop over that I fell in love with and I want to take you there for you to see it!"

"Uhhh... sure! It's a future date!" I remarked.

"Really? You'll come with me?" Jis face brightened immediately.

"Of course Tone! So that I can look at how they do their hospitality services there! Hehe!" His smile vanished with my reply.

"Of course, I want to learn everything about hospitality so I can apply it to my future hotel. I can't very well face my future head chef if I can't build a facility fit for his skills." I teased Tone and finished my current glass of mojito with one big gulp.

"Really?" His smile is back. "...and you would be this head chef be?"

I placed my glass down but accidentally touched Tone's hand. I felt a sudden chill from the spot of our skin contact throughout my body. Ugh!

"Sorry. I must be drunk already. Haha!" I tried to hide my embrassment.

"Hey Akk, before you go drunk on me, answer the question, who is this future head chef?"

With I smile I said, "Come closer, I'll whisper it to you..."

He moved his chair closer and propped his ear closer to me.

"It's the one who will be driving me home." I whispered.

We burst out laughing with my antics.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Gayuma By

Fanfiction

10.3K 395 8
What will you do to get the man of your dreams? Apparently for Forth's secret admirer, Anything. Original Characters by Chiffon_Cake Story inspired b...
27.7K 688 43
"i don't want to kiss you. not like this"
212K 10.3K 37
"You don't talk much, do you?" β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’...
59.5K 2.4K 17
"jae...i-i love you" "oh..? me too..." ______________________________ based on the song "just friends" by keshi β›” this story contains depressive them...