Fly With Me

By MaryVazquez

“Will you come with me?” I stared at his green eyes, trying to ponder whether this is a good idea, but only f... More

Copyright

Green Eyes

4 0 0
By MaryVazquez

"Wendy, we are leaving in five, you better be ready!"

I tied a ribbon on the end of my rich brown braid as I yelled back, "I'm almost done."

I smiled pleased with my look, not knowing how exactly I made myself look this good in just ten minutes.

I slipped on my private school approved low, black, shiny heels, and tossed my light grey blazer on my shoulders as I rushed out my room and made my way downstairs to my awaiting family.

"Wendy?" I glanced at my baby brother and saw him trying hard to tie his shoes but failing each time.

"Oh, you poor thing!" I chuckled and kneeled to tie his little shoes and patted his head. "There, now you can take over the world without tripping."

"Because that would be bad."

I giggled and nodded, "Worse than taking over the world."

"Can't let all the peasants see their ruler trip." I stood up and rubbed his head, "No you can't Michael."

"Mike, where's your backpack?" My mother walked out of the kitchen with her scowl already in place, "We are leaving, get it now." Michael nodded and ran fast upstairs to find his backpack.

"Is a little early don't you think?" Mother glared at me, "School starts in half an hour and I have to take both of you, I think it's rather late."

I sighed and began making my way outside, "I meant for you to be this angry."

I tried to ignore my mother's erratic tantrums all the way to school while also cheering little Michael up, I cannot let a six year old arrive to school crying.

"Now if any boy, girl or teacher is mean to you remember-"

"To call you immediately, I know big sis. Go, mommy looks angry." I smiled and nodded, "You go, and be safe." He nodded and ran to the big doors that should keep him safe for the next seven hours. I sighed and made my way to the car to again be welcomed with another fight about how I was wasting her time.

My mother was not always like this, always angry and fighting. She used to be as sweet as sugar until she gave birth to Michael. Is not Michael's fault though, is what happened on that day that completely changed her.

"Get out; I have to go to work." I nodded and got out, carefully making my way around the car, "See you at five, and remember to pick Michael up at three!" She simply drove off, not a single care given.

I sighed and made my way inside the most prestigious private school in the city, which my grandparents' inheritance pays for me. Just as the door closes behind me, the bell rings and a swarm of teenage bodies begin to simultaneously make their way to class. I ignored the warning bell and made my way to my locker wondering if today will be just like the last . . . and the other ones that came before.

A note fell to the floor. I picked it up and read it,

"I understand your girly point of view (yes, GIRLY) but green is still a much better color. Is the color of nature and money, two of the greatest thing in this life, so there, I win. Now, what is your favorite animal?

PS. Give your mother some nighttime medicine, it will leave her all woozy! Problem solved."

I get these letters every day, and I have yet to meet my pen pal, I do not even know his/her name. They just randomly began appearing in my locker, saying to leave my response also in my locker. I do not know how he/she puts and/or gets these letters in and out of my locker. It is disturbing but somewhat thrilling. It makes me happy to see someone paying so much attention to me.

"Wendy!" I turned my head searching for the whisperer only to find Lily hiding behind a corner. "What Lily?"

"You are effing late. Moreover, Mr. Gary is mad. Hurry or you'll get detention." And just like that, she ran off.

I am not sure if I am friends with her. She just randomly helps me around and hangs around me, she's never constantly there.

I grabbed the note, shoved it in my blazer inside pocket and hurried with my backpack to class not wanting to anger Mr. Gary.

Nevertheless, that failed, since he was just staring at the door waiting for those who came in late. "Your excuse?"

I sighed, "Traffic." He gave me a disapproving look before writing down my detention slip. This is the third one of this semester, and it barely started a week ago.

I sat down in front of Lily only to feel her presence close behind me, "I told you he was in a bad mood."

"Shut up Lily." I whispered back not wanting more detention.

The bell rang signaling the end of the school day, for everyone but me.

I make my way to detention just thinking that my mother will be so furious when she does not find me at the gate.

The detention teacher looked at me and sighed, "Not a good way to start senior year Ms. White." I nodded and sat in the back not feeling like explaining myself or socializing with anyone.

As I waited for the hour to pass I felt my eyelids become heavy and sleep take me over.

I'm back here again.

I see my brothers eyes lit with excitement as one word after another comes out of my mouth with a story to leave them thrilled.

"Is bedtime my little angels." We all 'awed' her as we made our way to our beds, mine being the most girlish.

"I am sorry my angels but you need sleep so you can have more adventures tomorrow." I smiled at my perfect mother as she tucked little Michael to sleep.

"Mommy, will big sister become a story writer when she grows up?"

She smiled and patted his head, "That depends, my little angel. I cannot tell the future of you little angels." She gave him a goodnight kiss and moved on to John.

"But we could make it happen right? We could help her become a story writer." Mother smiled at John and gave him a kiss goodnight.

"Dreams and hard work make things happen John, just look at your father."

I smiled and cuddled deeper into my blanket as she came over to give me a kiss goodnight, "Dad is not exactly happy about his job." She nodded at me and gave me a kiss goodnight, "Some have to give their dreams away so that their little angels can achieve theirs. Sleep well my little angels!"

A sad smiled took place in my face as I read deeper into her words, "Goodnight mother!" We all said together.

Michael and John don't know this but father dreamt of being a singer all his life. I remember being five, while John was only two, and hearing stories of when mother and father had plans to travel the world, he singing and she playing her piano. They never got there, since grandmamma thought it was ridiculous of them to do that, and embarrassing to the family name, so to not ashamed or ridicule the family, mother and father got married, father became a banker and mother became a housewife. Dreams do come true here in London.

I tried sleeping that night but I couldn't. I had this feeling that someone was watching me.

I turned around and saw John snoring, deep asleep, and Michael, far too gone, hugging his teddy bear. I tried to ignore the feeling and sleep. Just calm down and follow their breathing.

In . . . out.

In . . . out.

In . . . in . . . out?

I turned my head to look behind and see if anyone had woken up but saw nothing. Still not feeling sure I took a closer look to my surroundings finding nothing unusual.

Until it couldn't hold its breath anymore.

I didn't see him, not really, I just saw a shadow on the floor, which I thought was of a lamp, or a tree outside, except it took a deep breath . . . and lamps don't breath.

I tried finding the intruder in the shadows of our room without making it obvious I noticed, but it was hard when at the moment I feared for my and my brother's lives.

I see him . . . I see his green eyes in the shadows staring back at me . . .

But-

The bell rang, signaling detention and extra-curricular hours were over.

And hell begins again.

******

So yeah, that's the first chapter of something I've been thinking about for a while now.

I believe it's pretty obvious what I'm trying to do. It could also not be...

If you know what this story is about then send me a PM. dont comment it please.

If you like it please leave a comment and tell me what you think and if I should.... idk fix something or add something or anything. Just talk to me, I'm all ears for you guys.

See you soon, dream away!

Edit: Added a pic to give you an idea.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...