Just The Beginning

Von everythingunnatural9

In which Mikayla Winchester must reunite with her brothers in order to find the father she fought so hard to... Mehr

Summary
Cast
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six

Chapter Two

63 7 3
Von everythingunnatural9

[Based on 1x01 - Pilot]

Edited: No

- - - - -

~ Jericho, California ~

Later, once Mikayla had finished her coffee, the Winchesters and Declan were walking the streets of Jericho in an attempt to find the daughter of Deputy Hein. They came across the Highland Movie Theater where a young woman, Amy, was putting up a poster with the caption "MISSING TROY SQUIRE".

"That's gotta be her." Mikayla assumed, they had never gotten the full name of the missing person but she remembered the name Troy. The huntress was acting as natural as possible in the relatively busy street to avoid looking suspicious.

"How're we doing this? Four people approaching her will be weird, won't get the answers we need." Declan pointed out, running a hand through his wind swept hair.

"Sam and I got this." Dean stated before walking away, approaching the young woman.

In sync, Declan and Mikayla shared a look before turning back to the brothers who were now in a conversation with Amy.

"I take it your little talk didn't go all that well." The hunter spoke, shoving his hands into his jean pockets in an attempt to distract himself from the disbelieving look on Kayla's face.

"Don't act like you didn't watch the whole thing!" She responded, a smirk making its way onto her face as she watched her best friend become flustered.

He scoffed. "I-I would... how dare... okay, so I saw you get a tad upset." His hand was now in front of her face, forefinger and thumb as close together as possible without actually touching.

Mikayla just rolled her eyes, slapped his hand away from her face and walked away. A wide smile stretched across Dec's face as he power walked to catch up with her.

- - -

The Winchesters and Declan met back up again once Sam and Dean had finished questioning Amy and Rachel, her friend. The four were on the side of a road, the Impala and Riviera parked tail-to-nose; the Winchester brothers were sitting on the Impala's trunk whilst Kayla and Dec were sat on the Riviera's hood.

"So, what do we know?" Mikayla asked, taking a swig from the water bottle she had swiped from her trunk just moments before.

"Well, there's a local legend about a hitchhiking ghost who kidnaps people." Sam offered and observed as his older sister considered what he had said.

"Question is: how much truth is there to it?" Dean questioned, although it sounded more rhetorical he looked around as if expecting a response.

"So, the library seems like our best option." Declan stated, what he assumed to be, the obvious. However, he quickly elaborated upon seeing Dean's raised eyebrow. "To see if anyone died bloody on th-"

"Yeah, I know." Dean cut him off before walking away and getting in his car, Sam forced to follow suit with an apologetic smile directed at his sister and her friend.

"He really doesn't like me." Dec observed, walking to the passenger door of the Riviera as the huntress did the same only to the driver's door.

"It's nothing personal, he hates me at the minute and he's projecting onto you because we're close." Mikayla explained nonchalantly, hearing the Impala's engine roar to life before hopping into her car.

"If it involves you, then it sure as hell is personal, Mik." He argued, now in the Riviera as it's engine rumbled.

The two stared at each other for a few seconds before Mikayla broke away from his gaze and pulled out onto the road.

- - -

It only took Mikayla and Declan a few minutes to find the Winchester brothers once they got to the library, finding them on a computer. They had the web page for the 'Jericho Herald' open.

"Hey Kayla, Declan." Sam greeted them as they approached and pulled over two chairs.

He considered them both for a second, looking at how close together they had sat. They had been through a lot in their time knowing each other, that much he could tell. His sister had never said anything about being in a relationship the last time he had called but he couldn't be sure; Declan hadn't exactly specified when introducing himself.

The middle Winchester smiled in response to his greeting before turning her attention back to the computer screen. The web page for the Jericho Herald archives was open; the words "Female Murder Hitchhiking" were typed into the search box. There were no results.

"Try 'Centennial Highway' instead of 'Hitchhiking'." Mikayla suggested, receiving a bitch face from her older brother. She raised her hands in surrender before he turned back around and did exactly as she had suggested. Still no results.

Sam and Declan shared a look, watching the exchange. "Let me try." Sam said, reaching for the keyboard only to have his hand smacked away by Dean.

"I got it." Dean snapped, about to type again but Declan stepped in. He pulled the older Winchester's chair away from the computer, allowing Sam to take over. "Dude!" Dean glared at Declan, before mumbling to Sam, "you're such a control freak."

Sam just rolled his eyes. "So angry spirits are born out of violent death, right?"

"Yeah." Dean humoured, clearly not seeing where he was going with this.

"Well, maybe it's not murder." The younger brother mused, replacing the word 'Murder' with 'Suicide' in the search box.

This time an article came up entitled 'Suicide on Centennial' dated 25th April, 1981. Sam clicked on it and started reading.

"This was 1981." Sam began. "Constance Welch, twenty-four years old, jumps off Sylvania Bridge, drowns in the river."

"Does it say why she did it?" Dean inquired, leaning forward in his chair, Kayla and Dec staying relaxed in theirs.

"Yeah." Sam responded, sounding shocked which piqued his sister's interest.

"What?" Mikayla pushed, her 3 days of no sleep catching up with her as fatigue rocked through her body.

"An hour before they found her, she calls 911. Apparently her two little kids are in the bathtub. She leaves them alone for a minute, and when she comes back, they aren't breathing. Both die." At that, Sam turned around, seeing a look of sympathy on Mikayla and Declan's faces. Dean just had raised eyebrows as a small "hm" left his mouth.

The article had a picture of Joseph Welch, which caught Kayla's attention. "That the husband?" She questioned, causing Sam to turn back and continue reading.

"Yeah it is; Joseph Welch. 'Our babies were gone, and Constance just couldn't bear it'." Sam confirmed, Declan watched his hunting partner with a smile as he watched the cogs turn in her mind. She had a theory.

"The bridge look familiar to you?" Dean questioned, already knowing the answer. The other three quickly noticed that it was the bridge the crime scene had been on.

They quickly left the library, planning on going to Sylvania Bridge. Mikayla lagged behind slightly, mostly due to exhaustion but also because she was deep in thought. Declan slowed down until he was right next to her.

"What's your theory?" He questioned, snapping her out of her own mind.

She looked up at him with a quizzical look, "what do you mean?"

"Let's skip the part where you pretend that you aren't insanely smart with an idea as to what's going on and get straight to the part where you tell me what you're thinking." By the time he had finished his little monologue, he and Kayla were out by the Riviera.

She held eye contact with him over the top of her car for a minute before speaking. "Woman in white." She admitted.

"We don't know if the husband was unfaithful." Dec pointed out but immediately regretted it once he saw the dejected look on her face. "I'm not saying-" He quickly tried to fix what he had said but she interrupted him.

"It's fine. I-it was stupid." She dismissed with a wave of her hand.

Once the huntress was in the driver's seat with the door closed, Declan hit himself on the forehead with the heel of his palm. He roughly rubbed his eyes, annoyed with himself, before hopping in the car. The two driving in the direction of Sylvania Bridge.

- - -

It was night time when they arrived at the bridge they had been at earlier in the day. Dean and Sam had stopped to look over the railing whilst Declan and Mikayla stayed a few paces behind them.

"So this is where Constance took the swan dive." The eldest Winchester noted, receiving an unnoticed glare from Mikayla due to his lack of respect.

"So you think Dad would have been here?" Sam asked as he looked back and forth between his older siblings, reminding everyone that this wasn't just a normal case, this was about finding John.

Dean was the one to answer. "Well, he's chasing the same story and we're chasing him." The only female of the group rolled her eyes at his blind faith in their father.

Dean continued walking down the bridge, Sam following closely behind with Kayla and Dec bring up the rear, the two of them shivering slightly as they hadn't prepared for the chill of the night.

"Okay, so now what?" Sam was restless now, he just wanted to find John so he could go home.

"Now we keep digging until we find him. Might take a while." Dean explained, Mikayla wanted to cut in but let them have their little moment as she was too tired to bother.

Sam stopped walking, Dean did too and stood opposite his brother. "Dean, I told you, I've gotta get back by Monday-"

"Monday." The hunter nodded as if remembering something and pursed his lips. "Right. The interview." Kayla could hear the disbelief in his voice, she was also confused by the conversation.

"What interview?" The fatigued huntress asked, rubbing her biceps in hopes of generating heat.

"It's for a law school, kinda my whole future on a plate." Sam informed her, a proud smile stretched across her face at the news.

"Well. We're gonna find Dad, okay? We are, and we'll get you home on time to ace that interview." She assured him, ignoring the disbelieving looks being thrown at her by her other brother.

"Are you really encouraging this?" He exclaimed, looking directly at Kayla before turning to Sam. "You think you're just going to become some lawyer? Marry your girl?"

"Maybe. Why not?" Sam shrugged nonchalantly, not seeing Dean's problem with all this.

"Does Jessica know the truth about you? I mean, does she know about the things you've done?" Dean was practically taunting him at this point. Mikayla quickly stepped forward as Sam moved towards Dean, she didn't need this to escalate any further.

"No," he replied, "and she's not ever going to know." His tone directed at Dean was almost threatening.

"Well, that's healthy. You can pretend all you want, Sammy. But sooner or later you're going to have to face up to who you really are." At this point, the middle Winchester wasn't paying attention to what was actually being said, she was just looking at her brothers' body language to try and stop a punch being thrown before it actually landed somewhere.

Dean turned away from Sam, walking as the younger brother stood for a second to process what had been said. He then jogged to catch up.

"And who's that?" He was angry now, his words laced with a venom that was bound to sting someone at some point.

Dean motioned to himself, Declan and Mikayla, "you're one of us."

"Really? 'Cause you were pretty quick to cast Kayla aside earlier on this same bridge." Declan countered, being ignored by the brothers but receiving a small nudge from the huntress at his side. He had known her long enough to understand that it was a 'thank you'.

Sam, with no acknowledgement of the exchange behind himself and Dean, hurried to get in front of the older Winchester brother. "No. I'm not like you. This is not going to be my life." He refused, adamant that Dean was wrong.

"You have a responsibility to-" Dean began but was cut off by his angry little brother.

"To Dad? And his crusade?" Sam offered with a scoff. "If it weren't for pictures I wouldn't even know what Mom looks like. Hell, Kayla can just about remember what she looks like!" Said sister rubbed the back of her neck, uncomfortable with the new topic of conversation. "And what difference would it make? Even if we do find the thing that killed her, Mom's gone. And she isn't coming back."

This caused a surge of anger in Dean, who grabbed the still-seething Sam by the collar and shoved him up against the railing of the bridge. Kayla squeaked, pulling herself out of the comforting side hug that Dec had provided to intervene.

As their sister reached them, Dean spoke in a rough voice. "Don't talk about her like that." Mikayla then put a hand on his shoulder which he swiftly shrugged off before walking away.

"Guys!" Declan called as he noticed Constance standing on the edge of the bridge. The hunter had already took off towards her.

It was too late though, as the Winchesters all turned to look, she stepped off the edge with Dec reaching her moments later. As the siblings reached the panicked hunter, they joined him in looking over the railing.

"Where'd she go?" Dean asked incredulously as his eyes scanned the running water for any sign of the woman.

"I don't know." Dec answered, clearly distressed by what they had witnessed.

Behind the group, the Impala's engine started and its headlights came on. They all turned to look; Sam and Dean first, then Mikayla and finally Declan after a sharp nudge to the ribs from his friend.

"What the-" Dean made his confusion clear, the four walked into the middle of the road in an attempt to see who was driving.

"Who's driving your car?" Sam asked, knowing that Dean treasured the damn thing.

However, all four were spooked when the older Winchester pulled the Impala's keys out of his pocket and jingled them.

"Oh shit." Kayla commented before the car jerked into motion, heading straight for the quartet. "Go, go!"

The car was very obviously moving much faster than they could ever dream to run. When it got too close for comfort, Dec corralled the Winchesters to the railing where they all dived over. As soon as they were over, the car came to a halt.

Declan had managed to land on a thick, cylindrical steel bar on the edge of the bridge, Sam had caught himself on the same bar and hauled himself up so he was sitting on it. Mikayla was dangling, Declan's grip on her forearm was vice-like as he pulled her up so she too was sitting on the bar, shocking Sam as the man's stature didn't exactly scream 'immense strength'.

Mikayla looked worriedly at her friend, noticing the glowing red flecks dancing in his irises. "Eyes." She whispered to him, causing him to immediately snap them shut as his face morphed to one of concentration.

Her worry was quickly directed into someone else as she heard Sam call out. "Dean? Dean!" She began scouring the water below with her eyes, desperately hoping for some sign of him; he may have been a dick to her but he was still her big brother.

Luckily, a filthy and thoroughly annoyed Dean crawled out of the water and onto the muddy bank. He was panting heavily.

"What?" He yelled up to them, still breathless as he lay on his back.

"Hey! You good?" Mikayla shouted down to him, the only response being her brother making an A-OK sign with his hand.

A few seconds later she got an "I'm super."

Sam laughed as did Dec and Kayla, the only non-Winchester keeping his eyes low incase there was still noticable red in them.

Once the whole group had made it back onto the Sylvania Bridge, they went back to their cars. Dean shut the hood of his Impala, having been checking for any damage done to the engine.

"Your car all right?" Declan asked as he walked over from the Riviera which was at the end of the bridge as opposed to where Constance had driven the Impala.

"Yeah, whatever she did to it, seems all right now. That Constance chick, what a bitch!" Dean yelled, attempting to piss off the spirit and eliciting a chuckle from the other two males.

"Well, she doesn't want us digging around, that's for sure. So where's the job go from here, genius?" Sam questioned before settling on the hood of the car beside his brother, mocking him slightly.

The elder brother threw his arms up in frustration, flicking mud off his hands and narrowly missing his sister as she approached. She mumbled a tired "c'mon man!"

Sam sniffed a little before turning to Dean with an entirely serious look on his face. "You smell like a toilet." He stated, sending his big sister into a fit of giggles as Dean looked down at himself in discomfort.

- - - - -

- everythingunnatural9

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

331 21 5
"He wanted to run to her, he wanted to make sure she was okay, but he couldn't. That wasn't his place...it was Sam's, he just had to let go" :-: Aft...
65 3 4
Supernatural: the Father Hunt The Winchesters are not normal. For instance, they grew up hunting the supernatural. They may have had their difference...
160 6 9
After Katherine lost her dad, Dean and Sam made a promise to keep Katherine safe till Katherine biologic parents turn her into a vampire and she is g...
198 16 23
Book 1 of Supernatural Series. Hi Wattpad Readers, If you have any questions, feel free to comment, plz star, and follow me for update announcemen...