Coffee at first sight

By Selenegreyy

When Ayla Porter's father suddenly announces that she's about to get married to Xander Grey, the rich and arr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 3

1K 93 12
By Selenegreyy

Please vote and comment of you like this chapter. It means a lot. xoxo

Music starts playing as Ethan walks beside me down the aisle. My hands start trembling and my knees almost threaten to give up. I lean on my brother for support and he tightens his grip on me.

I raise my head to look at Xander. He's standing near the pastor. He's wearing a dark blue suit. His hair in combed neatly. To sum him all up, he looks almost unreal. He looks so handsome. Like those models on the cover of vogue. But why does he look so stiff? Can't he just relax? I mean, he wants this wedding so he might as well enjoy it.

Maybe if situations would have been different, I would have been all giddy to marry him. But right now, all I feel is anger and resentment towards him and fear that I will have to spend my life with a complete stranger.

We reach at the end of the aisle and Ethan places my hand in Xander's hold. My hand almost trembles in his grip. I have to control myself.

"It's only for a while Ayla", I murmur to myself. "Then no touching."

Xander looks at me as if I'm mad and tightens his grip more on my hand.

"Take care of my sister Grey", Ethan says in a cold voice. "Hurt her and you will not live another day to see the daylight."

I look at Ethan and he looks dead serious. His tone is full of warning. Xander gives him a stiff nod and returns his gaze on me. As usual, I don't know what's going on with him. He has his signature pokerface on. Eyes are known to be the window of the soul but this one before me is so difficult to read.

How can someone carry the same expression everyday? Well I don't know if he does carry the same expression everyday but his face says it all.

The priest starts saying his sermons and I find myself zoning out. I look at Xander and cringe instantly. I can't believe I'm getting married. And that also with this cold hearted man.

I frown when I realize he's still staring at me.

"Why do you want?", I snap. "Why are you staring at me?"

I always have this problem. When someone I don't like keep staring at me, I automatically snap. I used to do that with Ethan too when we were younger. He knew how it used to bug me when someone would stared at me, so that's why just to get on my nerves, he used to do that.

I hear Ethan stifling a chuckle. Xander lifts one of his eyebrow and narrows his eyes slightly.

Shit! I said that out loud. Thankfully the priest ignores me and carry on with his verses.

"Bitch", I whisper but looks like my future husband have heard me because he tightens his hold on my hand almost making it painful.

I glare at him and he glares right back.

The priest asks Xander to say his vows. I roll my eyeballs around quickly. Shit! I'm getting married and I have to say my vows before all this strangers. I can feel the panic building inside my chest. I'm not ready to be somebody's Mrs yet.

Can't anyone just get up and shouts 'I object' for me please? I look at Emily quickly and catching my eyes, she suddenly gives me one of her chesire smile. She knows what I'm thinking. But apparently, Xander also knows what I'm thinking. He follows my gaze and glares at Emily with his steely cold eyes, almost challenging her to say 'I object'.

Emily pales and looks away instantly. Did this bitch just scared my best friend?! Fine! When it will be my turn to say 'I do', I'm going to be the one who will make him feel scare.

"Say your vows son", the priest says once again.

"I, Xander Grey, take you, Ayla Porter to be my lawfully wedded wife. I take you with all your faults and all your strengths, as I offer myself to you with all my faults and all my strengths. Before these witnesses I pledge to share my life openly with you, to speak the truth to you in love. I promise to show up everyday and try. I promise to honor and care for you, to cherish and encourage your own fulfillment as an individual through all the changes of our lives. I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my entire life."

Unknowingly, my eyes are fill with tears when he says his vows. He said he will accept all my faults. If only it was true. If only he meant it. But it is all a charade. I blink my eyes quickly to get rid of unwanted tears.

There is a little cheer and awww from the crowd. But who even are they? I don't know most of them. I only recognise atleast ten faces. There are also some journalists and people from the media.

"Now your turn my child", the priest says with a gentle smile.

Shit! It's my turn. Am I even ready? Oh God! I feel like I might puke at any second. My anxiety is about to hit the roof at any moment.

"I, Ayla Porter , take you, Xander Grey to be my lawfully wedded husband. I take you with all your faults and all your strengths, as I offer myself to you with all my faults and all my strengths. Before these witnesses I pledge to share my life openly with you, to speak the truth to you in love. I promise to show up everyday and try. I promise to honor and care for you, to cherish and encourage your own fulfillment as an individual through all the changes of our lives. I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my entire life."

I say my vows in a low voice all the while staring at Xander. I can't believe I'm doing this but when I think about my brother and father, I know it's worth it.

"Do you Mr Xander Grey take Miss Ayla Porter to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and cherish, in health and in sickness till death do you apart?", the priest asks Xander.

I still wish deep down, he refuses this marriage. Just don't say 'I do' please, I beg internally. Please God, make something dramatic happen. Should I just fake that I'm fainting? Am I being dramatic?

"I do", Xander says, pinning me with his intense gaze.

This dumb bitch is hell bent on making me his wife.

"Do you Miss Ayla Porter take Mr Xander Grey to be your lawfully wedded husband, to love and cherish, in health and in sickness till death do you apart?", the priest finally asks me. My eyes widen slightly.

Shit! Shit! Shit! Can I do this?! Can I marry this man? Will I ever be happy with him? Is he going to make my life a living hell that it already is? Will he ever love me? Will I ever love him? Will I always be a miserable woman all my life? Can I get a divorce in the future?

"Ayla!", Xander calls out in a low dangerous voice. I snap from all the questions swimming in my head and look at him. He has narrow his eyes, almost challenging me to deny this alliance. My heart is pounding so loudly in my chest. I can hear whispers around the church because I'm taking too much time.

I smile slightly. Might as well give him something to be embarrass since he wants to marry me so badly.

I stay quiet until I feel Xander squeezing my hand again. I almost want to rip my hand from his hold but calm myself.

"I...do", I say slowly in a quiet voice.

"Please a little louder my child", the priest says. This time, I fix Xander with a serious faze. The whispers quieten down and I feel all the people's gaze on me. I squirm internally.

"I do."

I do promise to make your life a living hell Xander.

He still looks at me with his emotionless gaze. We finally exchange our wedding rings.

"By the power vested in me, I pronounce you husband and wife", the priest announces. "You may kiss the bride."

Oh my God! I didn't think about this part. Xander takes a step closer towards me and I resist myself from taking a step backward. Is he really going to kiss me? Oh God. Please no! I might puke. Should I just faint now?

He unveils me gently and starts bending his head. I shut my eyes instantly and feel my palms getting sweaty. My heart is trying to escape its ribcage. My breath deepens when he gets too close.

To be honest I'm expecting his lips to be cold just like him but what surprises me more is when his warm lips land just besides mine. He does not kiss me. I sigh.

To the world, it may have seem that we have kissed, but only we know the truth.

Xander raise his head and still gives me his expressionless face. One day, I will learn how to read this man. Whether he likes it or not.

The crowd cheer and we turn to face them.

Wow! I'm married. That feels so weird.

I'm Mrs Xander Grey. It doesn't sounds that bad. Well time will tell, how bad it can be.

As soon as we get out of the church, Xander holds my hand tightly and guides me towards his car. I glare at him and snatch my hand from his grip.

What the hell is wrong with him? Does he thinks he can touch me whenever he wants? Dumb bitch.

There's still one ceremony left which I want to do for my best friend. I throw my bouquet of flower and luckily Emily grasps it. She looks shock but when I wink at her, she blushes and blows me a kiss.

Xander grips my hand again and this time makes me get inside his car. Isn't be being too excited for someone who just married me for monetary benefits?

Well to be more precise, he's excited to insult me. He looks furious but I don't care.

I roll my eyes when he gets on the other side.

"What was that little stunt you pulled earlier?!", he snarls, his grey irises reflecting anger. "Do I need to teach you how to behave?"

"Oh my God", I say. "Can you shut the fuck up for once?"

"Language", he says in a dangerous low voice.

"Do I look like I fucking care?", I shrug non chantly and look outside.

"We'll see about that when we are going to be alone later", Xander states. "Then we are going to be doing exactly the word you're using."

My eyes pop open and my breathe hitches in my throat.

I push myself at the corner of the car entirely. Does he means exactly what I'm thinking?

Shit! I think I'm going to have a panick attack. He can't touch me.

"You can't touch me", I say almost breathlessly.

He looks at me with the same pokerface on. What the hell?!

Suddenly I can't breathe. I should have ran away. My skin starts feeling prickly when the thought of someone touching me pops in my head. I can't let that happen.

I look at Xander again and he almost looks like he's smirking. This bitch is finding it amusing while I'm having a freaking panic attack.

Luckily we reach the hotel and I get down quickly. Taking several deep breath, I feel myself calming down.

Xander takes my hand again and starts dragging me inside like a rag doll.

"What is wrong with you?", I hiss. "Get your hands off me. Don't touch me. You really are mannerless."

"Behave yourself", he snaps.

"Says the one who is disrespecting my freaking personal space", I snap right back.

I pinch him and he leaves my hand instantly.

"Did you just...?"

"Yes I did", I claim cutting his sentence.

"Next time do not touch me. And I can go on my own. Don't drag me like a freaking doll. You don't want to see my Annabelle side."

I leave him standing there and enter a nearby washroom. Thankfully it's empty. I look at reflection. My cheeks are red and I look miserable. I stare at myself and feel like crying.

"No. Now is not the time for a mental breakdown. I got this."

My eyes look so empty. Just a living corpse. I really don't know how I'm suppose to live with that asshole.

Is it too late for me to run away from him? Can I still do it?

No Ayla! You're strong. You can do this. Just go with the flow and try to make his life as miserable as you can.

Composing myself, I walk out from the washroom only to find Xander waiting for me.

"We are suppose to walk in together", he says and turn to leave with me trailing behind.

"We aRe SuPpOsE tO wAlK iN tOgEtHeR", I mock him in a low tone and imagine that spongebob meme.

We get inside and everyone start cheering.

Right! All these assholes are cheering for my ruined life. I hate everyone.

It's already been thirty minutes since we are here and everyone is enjoying themselves. I look at Xander and he looks bored.

"Xander", a girl which appears to be my age appears and hugs him tightly.

"Emma", he acknowledges.

"Hey I'm Emma", she says, turning towards me. "Xander's sister.

This moron has a sister! I didn't knew. Well I don't even know him. I look at her. They definitely resemble.

"Hey", I say awkwardly. "I'm Ayla."

"My brother did a good job hiding you for the whole", she winks at Xander. "No one even knew he was actually dating."

What?

I give a small smile, not knowing what to say.

Xander suddenly snakes his arm around my waist, causing me to stiffen.

"Of course, I had to hide. Can't let the world see her. She's all mine."

My heart thumps loudly. He's touching me. But I don't feel uncomfortable in a weird way.

I cringe internally at his words. So cheesy. But just for the sake of it, I plaster a fake smile for Emma.

"No one have ever seen you Ayla", Emma says. "I mean you're the daughter of a famous businessman and you are not even on any social media. Actually no one exactly know how Mr Porter's girl looks until today."

"Seems like you did a little bit of an FBI job", I tease her and she nods shyly.

"When Xander suddenly announces that he's about to marry his mystery girlfriend Ayla Porter, I had to see her. I mean you. And I'm not disappointed. You're so gorgeous and when I looked at you, I knew that you are perfect for each other."

Awww she's so kind. My heart literaly melts. Xander is lying and deceiving her own sister. If only she knew her brother like I do.

"Mom would have been so proud of you", Emma adds in a low voice. She smiles sadly at her brother.

Come to think of it, I don't know anything about Xander's family at all. Are his parent's here?

"Your parents are here to attend the wedding right?", I ask.

Xander's grip tightens around me.

"Jen our stepmom and dad is here", Emma explains as she waves at a lady who approaches us.

Stepmom? Where is his mother then? I turn to look at Xander and he looks angry for some reason. There's a turmoil in his eyes. I almost want to ask if he's okay but refrain from asking. He might cause a scene.

"Congratulations to both of you", a beautiful woman says as she gives us a warm smile. She have dark hair which is a gorgoeus contrast to her pale skin. Her green eyes sparkles softly. She looks like a kind lady.

"Thank you", I smile.

"Congratulations son", Xander's father says. "She's really beautiful."

Xander gives him a stiff nod.

He gives me a warm smile as well. Xander is exactly the copy of his father. Same grey eyes. Same face structure. Damn these family have great genes.

"Noah Grey", his father says to me. "And this is my wife, Stephanie Grey."

"Pleasure meeting you both", I say.

"Since Xander never brought you home, I really hope you'll visit us often", Stefanie says in a motherly tone.

I nod and just as my mouth opens to speak, Xander cuts me off.

"It's getting late. We should leave now."

He drags me with him and when I turn to look at his parents, both look hurt. He's so rude.

"Xander leave my hand. You're hurting me."

He loosens his grip but doesn't let go.

"Xander where are you going?", I demand.
" That was so rude. There are your parents. You can't just leave them like that."

"Yes I can", he finally snaps angrily. "And you will stay away from them."

"No I will not. They look so kind and I don't see anyharm if I meet your mother", I reply.

"She's not.....", he starts saying but suddenly his eyes turns really cold and his face becomes death serious. I take a tiny step back.

"Listen very carefully", he says in a freezing voice. "This marriage is fake. Don't you even dare consider that we are a couple. Don't you even dare to meet up with them otherwise you'll regret it. Stay the hell away from my family. And Emma should know nothing about us. If you tell her anything about us, I'll make sure your entire family will pay for it."

I snatch my hand from his tight hold without my gaze moving away from his.

"Im aware of the fact that this marriage if fake but don't you make the mistake that you can order me around Xander", I say vehemently in a low voice. "I'm not your toy and next time don't you dare touch me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5M 169K 33
Xander Knight - The CEO of Knight corporation. He was a handsome, arrogant womanizer. He was also a powerful , cold , ruthless businessman. He ha...
4.2M 107K 35
REMINISCENT SERIES BOOK - 1 Excerpt: Rose was taking small steps to her husband's study. She had a medical file in her hand with tears in her eyes wh...
6.2M 133K 52
๐•๐ˆ๐•๐ˆ๐„๐๐๐„ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐“๐‹๐Ž๐‚๐Š - all her hopes and dreams of running away from the luxurious lifestyle with her boyfriend are ruined when she fin...
43.2K 4.4K 59
'It doesn't go without saying that I don't want to marry an old man. Oh no! I want a man who can keep up with me. No limpness or weak hearts allowed...