One Love

By ceracalayag15

It's about a California girl moving to London, England with her aunt, uncle, and cousin. While she is there s... More

Chapter 1: the intro
Chapter 2: new school
Chapter 3: exploring London
Chapter 4: stage fright
Chapter 5: ChristmasEve disaster
Chapter 6: Christmas Day
Chapter 7: "Cera, what's wrong? Are you ok?"
Chapter 8: "Who? Who got shot love?"
Chapter 9: Kendall's awake
Chapter 10: XFactor auditions
Chapter 11: Swim meet
Chapter 12: Dun dun dun...
Chapter 13: Surprise
Chapter 14: Oh no.
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19: The end.
(:

Chapter 17

22 1 0
By ceracalayag15

Kendall’s POV

BEEP BEEP BEEP

            After hearing that sound I knew exactly where I was. All I could hear was the sound of the machines and people talking.

            “Louis everything will be fine. She just needs time to recover, she WILL wake up.” I heard Cera sooth Louis.

            “It’s been two weeks. I just want to see her beautiful eye and smile. I just want to hold her in my arms.” I could tell he was on the brink of tears, I want so badly to open my eyes but they wouldn’t budge.

            “You will, you just have to be patient Lou.”

            I felt him squeeze my hand. I started drifting back to sleep. I didn’t want to go back to sleep but it slowly came over me.

            I was on a cliff over looking the sunset. Someone’s arms wrapped around my waist, I turned around to see the person I am in love with.

            “This is so beautiful.” I said looking out at the view and leaning back on his chest.

            “Yes you are.” He smiled.

            “You’re so cheesy.” I smacked his arm.

            “You know you like my cheesiness.”

            “I wish we could stay like this forever.” I turned to face him, “I love you.” I kissed him but something was missing.

            I opened my eyes and he wasn’t there anymore. The nice, white clouds now turned into grey, rain clouds. Everything turned dark and cold.

Louis POV

            I held on to Kendall’s hand just hoping that if she knew I was there she would wake up. It has been two weeks and she still hasn’t woken up. Everyone had left to go get something to eat except for me; I couldn’t leave her side for a minute because I want to be here when she wakes up.

            “I’m sorry I didn’t notice how in pain you were in. I shouldn’t have taken you out of the house, I’m so sorry.” I said to her, “If I could I would switch places with you in a heartbeat. I hate seeing you like this and it’s all because of that jerk, Peter.” I paused, “Please wake up, I’m lost without you. I don’t know how I would live my life if I lost you. I am in love with you Kendall Isabelle Coleman, please wake up.” The tears started falling from my eyes.

            Suddenly the constant sound of beeping became long and never ending. What was happening? This can’t be happening the love of my life was dying right in front of me.

            “HELP! SOMEONE HELP!” I screamed and pushed the nurse button.

            “Sir, you are going to have to leave the room.” The nurses said as they were escorting me out of the room.

            “NO I’M NOT LEAVING HER!” I yelled over my sobs.

            “Sir, you have to go.” She said being more stern.

            “Louis what’s going on?” I heard Liam running up to me with Zayn and Niall.

            “She’s dying and they won’t let me stay with her.”

            “CLEAR!!” I heard the doctor yell. I turned around to see them using the resuscitator machine on her. Then a nurse began to press on her chest, but nothing happened, the heart monitor. “Higher voltage, CLEAR!” They repeated this process again.

            “Liam it’s not working.” I cried.

            “Lou, they are doing everything they can.” He said wrapping his arms around me.

            “I’m sorry sir but there is nothing else we can do.” The nurse said to the boys and I, “I am calling time of death at o-“ I cut her off.

            “NO! Please try again, just one more time please.” I pleaded with her.

            “I would lose my job.”

            “Please.” She sighed and gave in.

            “CLEAR!” Kendall’s back arch, yet again nothing happened. I fell on the floor and sobbed, “We are sorry for your lo-“ suddenly the heart monitor started beeping again. I looked up to see my fighter battling for her life. “That’s a miracle.” The nurse said in such shock.

Cera’s POV

            It has been four hours since Kendall went into cardiac arrest. I stayed by her side since Louis had to go to rehearsals. Liam literally had to carry him out kicking and screaming. I was just sat on the side of her bed scrolling through my Facebook and updating our relatives about Kendall.

            I saw Kendall’s hands start moving and then her eyes opened. Since she wasn’t breathing on her own while she was out the doctor place a tube in her mouth to assist her, but now that she was awake she was panicking and chocking on it.

             “Someone HELP my sister is chocking!” I yelled out the door, just then the nurses swiftly removed the tube and calmed Kendall down. “Hey sissy, glad to see you awake.”

            “Glad to be awake. Can you hand me some of that water?” she asked pointing to the water on the table. “Thank you, so where is everyone?”

            “Well mom and dad are at a very important meeting and the boys are at rehearsals.”

            “I’m glad Louis went.”

            “It’s actually really funny you say that because Liam had to carry him out.” I laughed and she chuckled. “I’ll text the boys and tell them you are awake.”

            “Do you think they would be done with rehearsals by now?” I shrugged, “Could you hand me my phone. I want to call Louis myself.” She smiled.

Kendall’s POV

            Cera handed me my phone and I quickly dialled Lou’s number. Then she left to go home.

*RING RING*

            “Hello?” he answered, very confused at who was calling him from my number.

            “Hey babe.” I said cheerfully.

            “OhMyGosh! You’re awake! I’ll be there in a minute, I’m just down the hall.” He said happily then hung up the phone. “Babe you don’t know how happy I am to see you awake.” He said with a very big smile.

            “So how long have I been in this bed?” I asked

            “For about two weeks,” a tear ran down his cheek, “I really glad you’re awake.”

            “Lou, please, no tears because I’m going to cry.” I said holding my arms out and attempting not to cry.

            “I’m sorry but it’s hard to see you in this bed and almost losing you about two weeks ago,” He mumbled in to my ear still crying, “But you fought through everything.”

            “I’m sorry for putting you through that.” I said sincerely.

            “It’s fine now that I have you in my arms.” He smiled widely and I moved over so he could lie next to me, where he belongs.

            For about and hour or so Louis and I talked about what had been going on for the past couple of weeks, until we heard a knock on the door. I looked over to see Harry but there was someone behind him and I could tell who it was.

            “How you holding up Kendie?” Harry asked me.

            “Just a little sore but that’s all.”

            “Glad to hear that. I have someone who needs to speak with you.” He moved aside to reveal who he was hiding behind him.

            The sight of him made me tense up and flee to Louis for protection. I couldn’t believe who was standing at the doorway, Peter. “Louis, please not again.” I sobbed into his chest.

            “What the HELL HAZZA! Hasn’t he put her through enough? Just look at her.” Louis exclaimed cradling me in his arms.

            “I’m sorry Kendall. I didn’t mean for any of this to happen.” Peter apologised. “Just hear what I have to say, then I will be on my way and you will never see me or my friends ever again.”

            I nodded, “Lou, can you go outside with Hazza for a while. I will call you if I need anything.”

            “No, I’m not leaving you alone with this guy.” He said in disgust.

            “Babe, I’ll be fine.” With that he left. “Go on, I’m listening.” I crossed my arms across my chest.

            “OK let me just start off by saying I am sorry and that none of the things I did were fully unintentional.”

            “Really?! This was all unintentional?” I said gesturing to the hospital.

            “It really wasn’t. Not even the bullet,” He said, “I wasn’t aiming at Cera, I was aiming at the floor and when you ran, you ran to the spot I pointed at.” He hung his head.

            “If you weren’t going to really shoot her then WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU PULLOUT A FUCKING GUN?!?!?!” I yelled.

            “I have sort of an impulse problem. When it starts there is no stopping me and I blank out so I don’t know what I’m doing.” He said very ashamed of his situation, “Also the thought of losing the best thing in my life in a while activated my impulsiveness.”

            After he said this, it made me question if he was actually a bad guy or if it is something he is burdened with. “Have you gotten any help with controlling it?”

            “Yes,” he sighed, “I have been going to classes. They really have been helping; I haven’t done anything bad since the incident.”  

            “That’s good. I’m glad you are getting the help you need.” I said.

            “I guess I’ll be going now, but before I do can you tell your cousin something for me?” He asked.

            “Yeah, sure, what is it?”

            “Can you tell her I’m truly sorry for what I’ve put her through,” He looked me straight in the eyes and continued, “And that I love her.”

            I gasped, “You what?” but he didn’t repeat what he said and walked out the door. I can’t believe what I just heard, I felt frozen and unable to move. I didn’t even notice Louis or Harry walk back into the room until Louis squeezed my hand.

            “Are you ok Ken?” Louis asked.

            “Just fine,” I snapped out of my trance, “When can I get out of here?”

            “I’ll go ask the doctor.” He left the room.

            “Harry,” I waited for him to look at me, “How do you know Peter?”

            “Umm. He’s sort of my cousin.” He said rubbing the back of his neck.

            “That would have been nice to know.” I joked and laughed.

            “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. I just didn’t want him to get in to trouble.”

            “Its fine Haz, I’m not mad.” I smiled

            “The doctor said you can go home later tonight or tomorrow morning.” Louis said walking back in the room.

            “I want to get out of here.” I threw my arms up. “I want to go home tonight.”

            “You will. Just be patient.” He replied, “So what did Peter have to say?” he asked with a hint of anger and/or disgust.

            “He just apologised about what happened and that it was all unintentional.”

            “Unintentional?! You’ve gone to the hospital twice because of what the SCUMBAG did.” He exclaimed.

            “Louis, I believe him. He said he has this really bad impulse problem but he is getting help.” All he did was scoff, “Babe, come on. If I can forgive and forget you can too.” I gave him the puppy dog eyes.

            “URGH. Can’t resist those eyes.” He gave in.

            It was now half seven and I was eager to get the heck out of this damn hospital. But the thing on my mind right now is how I am going to tell Cera what Peter had told me a few hours ago. I wonder how she is going to take that. Why must life be so…. UGH?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 100 31
Hazel Collins doesn't know what she has gotten herself into. Her friends have dragged her to a One Direction concert where she meets the love of her...
11K 239 30
Kristen has no absolute idea who 'One Direction' is. Supposedly they are some cute band from the UK, but right now, the only thing that matters to Kr...
3.7K 34 20
[COMPLETED] I'm bad at descriptions but it's a good story so read it!
38.1K 646 32
Lana James loses everything she has ever known as her best friend loses his battle against cancer and leaves her seemingly alone in the world. She is...