Cookoff

By abaxter324

This is another Harris Burdick story that is based off the story: Just Dessert. Again it is pretty short. More

Authors Note
Competition
Judges Decision
The pumpkin
Dexter
The end

Baking

1 0 0
By abaxter324

This one is really short.

"Ugghhhh." I moaned and shifted positions. I whimpered as pain shot up my arms and legs. My eyelids fluttered open, and I saw a blurry person standing over me.

Dexter.

I laughed with relief. I was safe.

"You're awake." He said and handed me a bottle of something. It looked green and purple and looked very slimy. Ewwwwwwww I thought and even though it looked gross, I still drank it down. I started coughing, no choking and Dexter handed me another bottle. It was water this time. I drank it down and started breathing again.

"How are you feeling?" He asked. I tried sitting up, but that was a mistake. He propped me up until I could see the room around me.

"Feeling better," I whispered, not wanting to use my voice. "My body aches though. How did you know I was there?"

"I could just tell, you and me are cousins, we have a connection." He said and I watched him sit down on the bed. "And I could feel that Muriel was up to something. Something not good. I finally beat her by using my blasting rod. It finally took her down. Once and for all."

"Well thanks Dexter." I croaked. "I am glad I have such a great cousin like you. I don't know what I'd do without you." I smiled and he returned it back.

"You should be feeling better soon. The first bottle I handed you takes about five minutes to kick in." Something surged through me and I felt like I could bounce off the walls for the rest of my life. I stood up and hopped out of bed. I recognized the walls immediately, I was in my room.

"Well, I better be heading out. I have some other things I need to get done."

"Thanks again Dexter." I said and I gave him a hug. I walked him out and the rest of the people who were part of the rescue were piled in a giant van. "Love ya!" I yelled as he got in his car and drove off. I sighed. I was lonely again! But this time I didn't have crazy freaky ladies coming after me. I smiled and checked my phone. It was already July 3rd! Mom, dad, and Nate were coming for the fourth of July! I had to hurry before they got here. I rushed back inside. As I folded the laundry and started making beds, my thoughts wandered back to the pumpkin. I could make a pumpkin pie! I thought and after I was done with the sheets, I went into the kitchen to start baking.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 5.6K 112
After the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter hadn't had the courage to become a hero again. Meanwhile, the Justice League were looking for a more experience...
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
70.2K 2.2K 24
this is going to be based off the books currently under editing!! any suggestions please do tell me please enjoy ☆
62.3K 1.4K 72
A student from the Paldea region took an interest in traveling to other regions to learn new things.