The Guardian Rose

By GramzonDragon

(Y/N) encounters Summer Rose during a Grimm attack. When (Y/N) is injured Summers tells him to run, giving hi... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1: A New Day
Chapter 2: Initiation Test
Chapter 3: Classes
Chapter 4: Dealing With A Bully.
Chapter 5: The Challenge.
Chapter 6: A Secret Is Revealed.
Chapter 7: Confessions.
Chapter 8: Best Day Ever!
Chapter 9: Explanations.
Chapter 10: Another Day At Beacon
Q & A
Chapter 12: Recruiting the Enemy.
Chapter 13: Preparations for the Ball.
Chapter 14: Dance and Infiltration.
Chapter 15: The Shadow's Rage and Field Trip.
Chapter 16: What Was Once Lost, Has Been Found.
Chapter 17: Breach and Final Goodbye.
Q&A 2
Team T/N Bios
Chapter 18: Vital Festival
Chapter 19: Frosty Greetings.
Chapter 20: Planning
???
Chapter 21: The Beginning of the Fall.
Chapter 22: Battle of Beacon.
Chapter 23: The Fall of Beacon.
Epilogue
Q&A 3

Chapter 11: Painting The Town...

3.2K 50 52
By GramzonDragon

Y/N was in Professor Ports class as he watched Jaune try to talk to Weiss.

Y/N: (Give it up already dude, she won't say yes to you. Besides, Pyrrha is the one you should be asking.)

Jaune: So, Weiss, y'know, uh, I-I was thinking after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat? And, uh um, I-I've got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie, if you wanna make the trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome. Aaaand maybe after that, we could study together? I mean, you're smart and I'm, uh... Y'know.

Finally, the clock in front of Weiss gives a shrill beep as it changes from 3:59 to 4:00, and she dismisses it with a wave of her hand. The professor is temporarily unaware of the alarm.

Port: And then I— Oh. Timed that one wrong, I guess. Well, the stunning conclusion to this story will have to wait. Until next time!

Jaune: Weiss? Did you hear me?

Weiss: No, no, no, yes.

Upon hearing this, Jaune groans and does a faceplant into his desk.

As the rest of Team RWBY walks out of class behind him, Yang ruffles Jaune's hair without even looking.

Yang: One day.

Y/N: (But not with that girl.)

Team RWBY Dorm room.

Team RWBY adjusted their new outfits as they prepared for the next phase of their plan.

Blake: I thought that class would never end.

Ruby: Alright, guys, today's the day! The investigation begins!

Ruby Happily leaps off her mattress and onto the floor, arms raised excitedly. She almost lands on Weiss, who is on the bottom bunk.

Weiss: *sarcastically* I'm glad to see we're taking this so seriously.

Yang: Hey, we've got a plan! That's... moderately serious.

Ruby: Right! Everyone remember their roles?

Weiss: You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other Dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem.

Blake: The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning.

Yang: I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard...

Ruby: Great! We'll meet up tonight near Yang to go over what we found. Let's do this!

Sun: Yeah!

Everyone looks out the window to see a smiling Sun Wukong as he hangs upside-down by his tail with Y/N hanging upside down next to him. The whole team is taken aback.

Blake: Sun!

Ruby: Y-Y/N!

Yang: How did you two get up there?

Sun: Ah, it's easy; I do it all the time.

Weiss: You do what?!

Sun: I climb trees all the time! 

Y/N: I eavesdrop on important information such as this.

Both Sun and Y/N climbed into the room as everyone was recovering from shock.

Sun: So, are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?

Blake: We are going to investigate the situation... as a team.

Ruby: Sorry, Y/N and Sun. We don't want to get friends involved if we don't have to.

Sun: Psh! That's dumb! We should always get friends involved! That's why I brought Neptune!

Y/N: And I brought Vernde.

The girls lean out the window on top of one another cartoon-style to see the teammate of Sun and Y/N standing outside, cool as can be.

Neptune: 'Sup?

Vernde: Yo.

Ruby: How did you two even get up here?

Neptune: I have my ways.

Vernde: Don't we all.

It is revealed that they are standing on a very thin ledge circling the building under the windows.

Neptune: *nervously* Seriously, though, can we come in? We're like, really high up right now.

Vernde: As much as I don't mind 'Yanging' around, I don't want to fall from this height.

Everyone but Yang groans at the pun. Once they helped the two inside the dorm room, the group are standing in a circle as Ruby lays down the new plan.

Ruby: Alright, I'll go with Weiss; Sun, you can go with Blake. And Neptune, you can go with Yang since she doesn't have a partner. Y/N and Vernde yo go check out the docks again, see if anything we missed is there. Everyone good? 

Y/N: Actually I was thinking about going with Blake and Sun as backup.

Vernde: And I was thinking about going with Yang to help her get some info as I know someone who owes me a favor.

Blake: But Y/n, your not a-

Shadows began to form on Y/N's head and black wolf ears began to take shape.

Blake: -Faunus...

Y/N: Well, at least I can make myself look like one.

Ruby: Okay then, are we all good now?

Weiss: Actually, Ruby, why don't you go with Yang? After all, she is your sister.

Ruby pushed Neptune, who is stiff as a board, up next to Yang. When she is done pushing him, he rocks back and fourth looking nervous. Yang put her hand on his shoulder to stop him from rocking.

Ruby: But, Weiss, who would go with you, then?

Weiss: Well... I guess Neptune could come with me.

Ruby: Hahaha, nah!

Weiss is obviously less than amused, yet is powerless to stop Ruby from pulling her by the back out the door.

Weiss: But! But!

Y/N: (Damn Ice Princess, you have strange tastes. Then again I am with a hyperactive rose with a sniper-scythe.

Somewhere in Vale.

In the ruined parts of Vale, Yang's bike Bumblebee pulls into the street and stops next to a bar. Vernde stops behind Yang on his bike.

Yang: Come on, my friend's right in here!

Yang gets off the bike to reveal Neptune sitting right behind her, hair and goggles messed up with a petrified expression of terror on his face.

Neptune: Cool... And where exactly is... here?

Vernde: A place I come to for information.

Yang: So you've been here before?

Vernde: Yep, hopefully we can get the information without trouble.

As they began to walk in the henchmen began to run inside in panic.

Henchman 1: Hurry, close the door - she's coming!

Junior: What are you two idiots doing?!

The Henchmen shout incoherently until an explosion knocks them to the ground and forces the doors open, allowing a familiar face to walk in through the smoke.

Yang: Guess who's back!

Yang continues to smile and pose as eight guns are pointed in her face with an equal number of angry Henchmen behind them. Though this doesn't faze her, she stops and glares at the recording studio where the track is messing up until the frightened bear-headed DJ takes the needle off the record and retreats back under the table.

Neptune: Yeah, so could you define "friend" for me?

Vernde appeared from behind Yang as he looked at them with a grin.

Vernde: I suggest you put your weapons down, otherwise you'll have to deal with me.

Junior: Stop, stop! Nobody shoot. Blondie, you're here! ...Why?

Verne: She's here with me to get some intel, Junior.

Junior looked at Vernde in shock.

Junior: T-the Wolf's Bane?! 

Vernde: The one and only. Now let's talk over a few drinks.

Junior:S-sure thing.

Vernde looked over and saw the twins Melanie and Miltia Malachite.

Vernde: Ladies, how are you this evening?

Militia: We're good.

Melanie: Make sure she doesn't break anything this time.

Vernde: Don't worry, I will. Have a nice night ladies.

Malachite twins: You too!

Meanwhile - Blake's group.

Blake's fingers trace three scratch marks on a wall before peeking around its corner and seeing a pair of horned Faunus as they are ushered into a building by a bearded man. She turns to Sun and Y/N next to her.

Blake: This is it.

Sun: You sure?

Y/N: What do you think?

Sun: Y'know, I'm just gonna take your word for it.

The three walk inside the building to a hallway filled with cases, seeing another man announcing "New recruits, keep to the right!" at the young pair as they follow.

Sun: I don't get it. If you believe what you're doing is right, why hide who you are?

Blake: The masks are a symbol. Humanity wanted to make monsters out of us, so we chose to don the faces of monsters.

Sun: Grimm masks... That's kind of dark.

Blake: So was the guy who started it.

Y/N: Remember, a lot of things are dark.

Sun: Always sunshine and rainbows with you two...

The new recruits to the White Fang are moving in a line to the side of the stage, a mere few dozen compared to the hundreds of white-vested, black-hooded soldiers to their left and up above in the balconies. Blake, Y/N, and Sun look around themselves when they stop, and a fully-masked man with tattoos standing starts speaking before the large sheet emblazoned with the bloody wolf and claw marks.

White Fang Lieutenant: Thank you all for coming. For those of you who are joining us for the first time tonight, allow me to introduce a very special comrade of ours! I can assure you, he is the key to obtaining what we have fought for for so long!

Y/N: *Whispers* I need to check the perimeter, BRB.

Y/N vanished without anyone realizing it to get more intel. As he was looking around the storage containers he bumped into a short girl with two different eye colors.

Y/N: S-sorry about that.

When Y/N looked at the girl his eyes widened.

Y/N: N-neo?

The girl he bumped into was someone he met a few years ago, but lost contact with. Neo then began to sign.

Neo: 'Y/N? Is that really you?'

Y/N: It's me Little Cone.

Neo pouted as she hated that nickname.

A/N: Pouting Neo! Remember any pictures used in this story are not done by me, 'cause my art skills stink.

Neo: 'Yeah, it's you alright. What are you even doing here?'

Y/N: Getting intel on what Roman and the White Fang are up too.

Neo: 'Oh...'

Y/N: I take it you work with them?

Neo nodded as she knew he would have to turn her in to the authorities. Suddenly there was a loud crashing noise. Neo looked at Y/N as he sighed.

Y/N: Go.

Neo: 'R-really?'

Y/N: Yes, but I do want to talk to you later, and Roman as well.

Neo: 'You're going to turn him in aren't you?'

Y/N: No, just to talk, and maybe make a deal.

Neo: 'I trust you.'

Y/N: I know, now go help Roman.

Neo nodded and ran off, but not before Y/N gave her his number. Y/N groaned as things just got more complicated.

Y/N: (What am I even thinking?) Whelp, better go and try to find the others.

With Weiss.

Blake: Everyone! If you can hear me, we need back-

Sun: HEEEELLLLP!

Weiss rolls her eyes and starts running out the door, a little smile on her face as she does so.

With Ruby.

Ruby is beside the dumpster which is boarded up, possibly to keep a rat that she encountered imprisoned, staring at her Scroll.

Sun: Big robot! And it's big! Really big!

Ruby: Oh, I am not missing this!

With Yang.

Yang is back on the motorcycle in her helmet and sunglasses with Neptune looking at the Scroll in her hand over her shoulder. Vernde is adjusting his mirrors.

Sun: That Torchwick guy is in it! But not, like, it didn't eat him; he's, like, controlling it or something!

Yang: Where are you guys?

Right on cue, behind them, Blake and Sun can be seen running through the street with the Paladin hot on their heels before they all disappear from view.

Sun: HURRYYYY!!!

Neptune: I think that was them.

Vernde: No shit Sherlock.

Blake and Sun somehow make it to the highways, jumping down into the busy street and continuing their escape by hopping on cars while the Paladin follows them by pushing vehicles out of the way. Sun pauses to look at their pursuer's path of destruction and offer a quick "Whoa!" before leaping onto more cars, much to the anger of Roman inside the robot, his face surrounded by blue holographic screens.

Yang, Neptune, and Vernde are able to follow the mech suit on their rides, coming up next to it as it runs.

Yang: We've gotta slow it down!

Neptune: Got it!

Vernde: No problem!

Neptune reaches for his gun, but Roman notices the pair on his sensors and crashes into a multitude of cars with the Paladin's strong bulk, sending them flying towards his chasers.

Yang: Hold on!

Neptune: Wuh-oh...

Yang swerves, leaning her bike to the side in avoidance of flying debris while Neptune flails in a panic. Back on two wheels again, Neptune unslings his weapon, aims as sparks start flying, and fires several bolts of blue electricity at the Paladin, causing Roman to grimace from the force of the attacks. Vernde hits a button on his bike shooting grappling hooks at the mech, then hitting the brakes to try and stop it.

Switching strategies, Neptune flips the gun and it grows a shaft and an energy blade at the end, then jumps from Yang's bike as the spear's head splits in three and drives it into the top of the Paladin. Sun and Blake pause in their car-hopping to look back.

Sun: Neptune, hang on!

Neptune is trying his best, but the mech keeps bucking and threatens to make him fall. Closing his eyes, Sun smashes his palms together, and from the golden Aura around him, his Semblance creates two glowing outlines that copy their creator, leaping off and going back over the tops of vehicles to collide into the Paladin's front. They explode into blinding light upon contact to let Sun leap forward with Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang held high, but Roman finally turns enough to send Neptune flying off and knocking into his leader, sending both of them off the highway.

Vernde: SHIT! We lost Sun and Neptune!

As Blake looks on from her spot, she hears a voice from her Scroll:

Weiss: Blake! I'm in position!

Vernde: BOW CHICKA BOW WOW!

Weiss: SHUT UP, VERNDE!'

Weiss is seen twirling over a highway and landing in the middle of the road, holding Myrtenaster at the approaching Roman. He smiles as his robot charges the girl, but Weiss spins and plunges her blade into the ground, summoning a circle of ice across the pavement that causes the Paladin to slip and crash. Vernde disconnected the grappling hooks to not go over the edge as well. The Paladin actually flew over the young Huntress and falling off the ramp, landing further down before Ruby, already having her Crescent Rose out in scythe form.

The Paladin stands back up, and the rest of Team RWBY falls beside their leader to take up positions. Roman chuckles, moving the robot slowly towards the girls.

One short fight later.

Roman looks up just in time to see Yang, still burning with her absorbed power, fire a single shot at the defenseless thief, but he's saved at the last instant when the two-toned girl seen before drops in front of him and merely opens Hush, deflecting the blast entirely. The new arrival hangs the weapon over her shoulder as Roman addresses the victors.

Roman: Ladies, Ice Queen...

Weiss: Hey!

Roman: Always a pleasure! Neo, if you would...

Neo curtsies her enemies with a bow, but Yang will have none of it, charging forth with fists raised to strike the outlaws... only to break their image as if made out of a mirror and turn just in time to see them escape in a Bullhead. The rest of team RWBY runs up to Yang's side, now cooled down with the end of the fight.

Yang: So I guess he got a new henchman...

Weiss: Yeah, I guess she really made our plans... fall apart!

While Weiss smiles, Ruby giggles, and Blake starts walking away, Yang simply states:

Yang: No. Just... no.

Weiss:  What- But, you do it!

Yang: There's a time and a place for jokes.

Weiss: Was this not it?

Yang: No, it just wasn't very good.

Weiss: Well, at least I'm trying!

Ruby: Wait... Where are Sun, Neptune, Vernde and Y/N?

Meanwhile.

Sun and Neptune are sitting in the middle stools of the "A Simple Wok Noodle House" eating their plates of noodles with the Shopkeep behind the counter and their weapons leaning on the other two stools.

Neptune: They're probably fine, right?

Sun: Probably.

His question answered, Neptune turns back to his noodles, and the two eat in silence as a tumbleweed passes by.

Elsewhere.

Vernde pulled over next to Y/N and Y/N got on the bike.

Vernde: Why did you have me pick you up?

Y/N: Because teleporting over long distances consume a lot of energy. And I wasn't sure where everyone was at.

Vernde: So why weren't you with the Blake and Sun?

Y/N: Because, I had a conversation with someone. And I need to go and take care of something.

Vernde: And What would that be?

Y/N: Well, I may have found our 3rd team member.

Vernde smiled as they rode back to Beacon. Y/N pondered on what deal he should make.

A/N

There we have it! Another chapter down. Y/N has a lot of friends around Vale, huh? Not sure when the next chapter comes out. I'll keep observing this world and write it as I see it play out... Ooh I also see another world that I might write about. But I'll finish this book first before starting another one.

See you all Next Chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 98 6
The boy who ran from bis problems. Found his spirit and ran towards then. The story of Y/n and his adventures as a prospective student of Beacon aca...
47.5K 386 12
You are a really strong huntsman who has been accepted into beacon. You met 4 girls on beacons. Your bonds are strong leading into strong relationshi...
2K 16 22
A young boy looked down upon by his family. One day, the young Y/N Rose leaves in pursuit of something more. Until he is approached by a orange haire...
166K 2.1K 9
(F/N) (L/N) is just another face in the crowd. No one would bother looking twice at him. Except someone does, two someone's in fact. Somehow, (F/N) m...