๐ก๐š๐ณ๐ž๐ฅ; byler

By itsjustbyler

โ˜†.๏ฝก.:*What if the cute girl you met at the party wasn't a girl at all? More

๐ˆ๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ
๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐•
๐•๐ˆ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐ˆ๐—
๐—
๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐•
๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐—
๐—๐—๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐•
๐—๐—๐•
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐•๐ˆ๐ˆ๐ˆ
๐—๐—๐ˆ๐—
๐—๐—๐—
๐€๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ž

๐ˆ๐•

27.7K 920 4.7K
By itsjustbyler

or "vodka juice"

-

-

Will stood with his mouth slightly open, just gawking at the guy.

He was tall, much taller with Will (Even with the heels). He was extremely skinny, with the highest cheekbones and the sharpest jawline Will had ever seen. He wore a grey button-up shirt tucked into a pair of high-rise bluejeans- not fashiony like the other teens around, but simple and elegant nevertheless. He had a mess of black curls that covered some of his forehead and dark eyes that glittered slightly in the dim club lights.

"Is everything okay....?" The stranger said, smiling a nervous smile. Will realized he had been staring at him for way too long, and he still hadn't answered his question....

"Umm-" Will tried gathering his thoughts, trying to figure out what to answer. He didn't want to seem uncool, he wanted to say some kind of alcohol but his mind couldn't settle on a kind or whether to tell the truth and he was running out of time...

"vodka juice," He finally muttered, and blushed a deep red.
Vodka juice, Will? really?? He wanted to kick himself.

"What?" The boy yelled, and Will exhaled in relief; maybe he hadn't heard him over the music.
"Orange juice!" He yelled back. The boy smiled a dazzling smile.

"pass it on!" He called, and Will obeyed. While passing the carton, their hands touched the slightest touch. Stupid as it was, Will felt as if a current of electricity passed through them and almost dropped the juice.

The boy poured some into a cup, and sipped on it slowly. Will just stood awkwardly, playing with the edges of his fake nails; his eyes scanned the dance floor for his friends... 

It's not like he wanted to get away from this handsome stranger, on the contrary; it was just, he was too awkward to think of anything else to say.

"It's so loud in here, do you maybe want to go outside?" The boy yelled, and Will nodded only too eagerly.

Together they started their way to the exit, not talking. When they were just about to reach the doors of the club, Will spotted Max and Jane all the way by the drink table. The look on their faces was so shocked he couldn't help a small smile.

Jane had dropped her cup, and Max's mouth was open so wide she looked like she was about to swallow the whole table.

He made eye contact with them, and winked before turning away. 

He would have never dared to go off into the night with a handsome boy, but being Hazel just made him feel like he could do anything- so, with a swift push of the double doors, Will and the dark haired boy stepped outside.

1:07 am

As soon as the doors swung close, the music of the club was muted almost completely. The boy, without missing a second, walked casually to a bench and sat down, patting the spot besides him. Will didn't hesitate, he walked after him and sat down.

The bench was big enough so they could both sit comfortably, but small enough that their legs were slightly touching. Will felt his leg cover with goosebumps, and pulled his dress down awkwardly. He really wished it was longer...

"I'm Mike Wheeler," the boy said, smiling that beautiful smile again.
"W-" Will started, before realizing he was still in his costume, "Hazel. I'm Hazel."

Will didn't know if he was doing it subconsciously, or if screaming in the club had ruined his voice, but he couldn't recognize his voice. It was a little higher, a little thinner than usual.  

"Nice to meet you, Hazel," Mike said. He put his hand forward, and Will shook it. That weird electrical current ran through him again, but Mike didn't seem to notice- or if he did, he hid it much better than Will did.

"So, Hazel- I don't think I've seen you at school. " Mike said. His voice sounded weird, now that he wasn't yelling.

"Maybe you just didn't notice me," Will said, purposely avoiding the eyes he felt burning on him.
"No, I would've noticed someone as pretty as you," Mike said.

Will couldn't help a snort, looking back up at Mike with a skeptical look.
"Did you really just say that? God, that's horrible."

Will didn't know how he dared to say something like that- but it was. Luckily, Mike didn't seem offended: but he blushed red and looked down.

"Ugh- I know- I felt weird as soon as I said it. Sorry, I'm really not good around girls. Especially pretty ones ."

Now Will was blushing. Wonder if you were like this if you knew I wasn't a girl....

"It's okay. I don't go to school here, I was just teasing."

"So, new in town?" Mike asked. Will shook his head.

"I'm just visiting my friend Max Mayfield, we met at camp last year," Will couldn't recognize himself- the lie flowed out his mouth so naturally it was kind of scary. He was usually horrible at lying.

"Oh, I didn't know Max went to camp. Where are you from, than?" 

"Chicago," Will answered without missing a beat. Why had he thought of Chicago of all places?

"Cool. Well, I'd love to show you around town tomorrow or something, if you want." Mike was still looking, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. Will was so so tempted to agree...

"I'm actually going back tomorrow. Sorry," He said. 
"Shit. I really wanted to get to know you more," Mike said. He was turning redder, and even though he sounded a little like all those fuckboys out there, for some reason Will was sure he was just nervous. He was really sweet...

So he just laughed a nervous laugh, changing the subject. 
"So what do you do around here?" He asked, taking another sip of his drink.

Mike sighed, leaning back on the bench. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Arcade is fun, I guess? But it can get a bit old. Other than that and the mall, nothing really. I'm sure Chicago is much more interesting!"

Will's heart skipped a beat. He didn't think he could keep lying for much longer, if he continued talking about a place he knew nothing about he was bound to make some stupid mistake, some hole in his story, and Mike would get suspicious...

"Not really. But I love arcades! I go almost every week if I can scrap enough change," He said, smiling and hoping his smile looked natural. He wondered how come he'd never seen Mike at the arcade before.

"Yeah, me too! But I loose all my money so fast I feel stupid when I come again."

Will laughed. 

"Same!! My mom hates me going, she says it's a wast of money- and she's right, of course."

Mike joined in the laughter. It was a strange moment, although their conversation was casual there was some sort of click. Something just... fit. As the laughter ceased the atmosphere changed, and Will knew Mike felt it too... He saw Mike's face getting closer, and his stomach fluttered with a million butterflies...

But suddenly Jane and Max burst through the double doors.

"There you are!" Max said, running to Will. Both Will and Mike jumped up, embarrassed, though they had done nothing to be embarrassed about

"Come on, let's go home. Jane twisted her ankle," She said. Will sneaked a look at Jane, who was smiling apologetically. Her face was stained with tears, and she was holding her left heel in her hands.

Will turned to Mike, apologetic, and for a split second he saw Mike's face glimmer with disappointment before it went into a weird, forced smile.

"I guess I'll just get a refill on my Vodka juice," He said, winking at Will.

So he had heard him. Will blushed so bright he was sure Max noticed, but before he could add anything Mike went back into the club.

He couldn't help feel a bit sad, knowing that moment with Mike would never happen again- because for that split second, they almost kissed.

And that would never happen, because even if he met Mike again at school, he wouldn't be Hazel anymore.

And Will was nothing like Hazel.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 186 25
โ‹†๏ฝกยฐโœฉห—Celebrity crushes never come true... Well never say never โ‹†๏ฝกยฐโœฉห— Restarted: 12/03/23 Finished: 09/04/23
499K 14.9K 56
โ˜†.๏ฝก.:*(book two, ๐‘น๐’†๐’๐’‚๐’‘๐’”๐’†, is now out- inside this book ) โ˜†.๏ฝก.:*In which Will has a problem. A big one. A problem he needs urgent help with, a...
28.5K 413 10
Mike has loved the shy small boy known as Will Byers who never interacted with anyone ever. After years of stalking Will, Mike finally comes up with...