Free Solo

By AMAC45

Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114

33

6.9K 175 4
By AMAC45

Audrey's POV

"SOLO." Joe shouts so I look at him. "Go warm up."

I nod then jog down the sidelines and start warming up for my first minutes as an Arsenal player.

We're playing Manchester United today at the Arsenal Men's Stadium and they recently just announce that there are 45,231 people in attendance.

"SOLO." Joe yells a few minutes later

I look towards the Australian and see him wave me over so I jog towards me.

"Yes?"

"You're going in." Joe says so I take off my penny then put on my Jersey. "You're going in for Lia."

"Okay." I say then Joe hands me a note.

"This is where I want everyone to move." Joe says then I read the note.

Basically Jessie moves to Lia's spot in midfield, Daan slides to CAM, Katie moves to the Left Wing, and I move to the right wing.

"Got it." I say then look up at the score board and see we're down 2-0 in the 74th minute.

"You're on." Joe says so I look up and see Lia arriving.

I high five the Swiss lady before I run onto the pitch and show the note to the ladies then I put it in my sock as the game resumes.

A couple minutes later Viv receives the ball around midfield from Jordan, but she's immediately met by two United defenders which leaves a shit ton of space open.

"VIV BALL." I shout as I run towards the space.

Viv hears me then she megs McManus and sends the ball into the space so I run onto the ball then sprint towards goal. Once I reach the 18 yard box I pick my head up to see where the keeper is. When I see the keeper favoring her far post I look back down at the ball then drill the ball into the near bottom corner making the score 2-1 United.

After the ball hit's the net I kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name on my wrist then I grab the ball and run back upfield. When I reach midfield I set the ball down then get ready for the kick off.

Foord kicks off moments later causing myself and Viv to pressure the player she passes to. The two of us put Zelem under so much pressure that Viv steals the ball then we both run upfield. About twenty yards later Viv is closed down by some blonde defender so she side foots the ball to me.

As the ball rolls to me I quickly look up, pick my spot, look back down, then put my foot through the ball.

I then watch as the ball soars through the air, past Earps' outstretched, and into the net pulling us level with United.

Once the ball hit's the net I kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name on my wrist before I run towards goal, grab the ball then run back upfield. When I reach midfield I set the ball down then get ready for the kick off.

As I'm waiting for United to kick off I notice their keeper is way off her line. I then look at Mead and see that she's gonna pass to Groenen so I get ready to sprint.

Once the ref blows her whistle I sprint upfield and watch Mead play the laziest pass ever back to Groenen

As the ball rolls into my path I swing my foot back then swing it forward and send the ball towards goal.

Everyone on the field watches as the ball flies in the air, dips down towards the goal, then it sneaks in just under the bar putting us 3-2 up.

"Damn." I mumble then I walk back upfield and kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name.

Now that Man United are down the rush the ball upfield then quickly kick off.

A minute or so later Lisa intercepts a pass from Groenen, but the Dutch woman closes her down so she boots it upfield. Jessie is the closest one to the ball so she brings it down out of the air then she plays it upfield to Viv while myself, Daan, and Katie crash the goal.

Viv runs out of room so she crosses the ball into the box in hope's one of us gets on the end of the ball.

The ball sails over Daan and Katie and it lands right at my feet so I easily pass the ball into the back of the net putting us 4-2 up.

"Man you guys suck." I say to the United girls then I kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name before I jog upfield and hug my teammates

Once I'm on our side of the field United kick off, but for some reason they kick the ball upfield towards our defense.

The ball goes out of bounds earning us a throw-in in our half so Lisa throws the ball into Leah. The Englishwoman then walks up field with the ball until she sees Jessie calling for the ball so she passes to the Canadian. When Jessie gets the ball she quickly passes to me then I play the ball out wide to Daan before I run into the box. Daan then crosses the ball into the area and I jump up with McManus. I easily out jump McManus and head the ball just past the outstretched arm of Earps which puts us 5-2 up.

After the ball hits the net I kiss the tattoo of my Mom's name, hug the girls, then we head up field.

"Okay you aren't human." Jordan says as we walk back to our side of the field.

"Huh?" I question.

"You just scored five goals in the span of 8 minutes."

"Oh." I say as I watch Daan throw the ball to the bench. "Cool."

Once on our side of the field Foord restarts the game when she passes the ball to Mead.

Mead then runs straight at me and right as she gets to me she falls over her own feet and tries to draw a foul.

"Oh get up." I say then pick Beth Mead up off the ground.

"GET OFF." Beth says and pushes me away.

"What you gonna do?" I question as I tower over the diminutive Englishwoman. "You won't do shit."

"You think you're all big and bad because you're Hope Solo's daughter." Beth says says.

"No I think I'm big and bad cause I just beat the fuck out of your team for 8 minutes and scored 5 goals." I say then I start walking away. "Go do what you do best and cheat on your girlfriend."

"ooh bitch." I hear Katie mumble.

Mead's teammates have to hold her back while I just walk away and prepare for the game to resume.

The incident with Mead was the last real action of the game so once the whistle blows I hug my teammates, sign some stuff for fans, then head to the locker room.

As I'm walking off the pitch Kim comes up to me.

"You didn't tell me you were bring the US national team as well as the legends of the US national team." Kim says and points to a big group of people with signs and Arsenal jersey's on.

"I didn't know they were here." I admit.

"GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE RUGRAT."

"AUNTIE WAMBY." I shout as run at my 'aunt'

When I get to my Aunty Wamby I jump into her arms.

"Hey Rugrat." Abby Wambach says and kisses my head.

As I'm hugging my Auntie Wamby I look around her and see My Mom, Christie Rampone, Carli, Ali, Ash, Becky, Alyssa, A-Rod, Cheney, Tobin, Christen, Alex, Kelley, Syd, Moe, Mal, Lindsey, Sam, and Julie standing around us.

"What are all of you doing here?" I question.

"You think we'd miss your big English debut?" Cheney asks

"Umm......Maybe." I admit.

"Yo what the hell Rugrat?" Aunty Wamby says. "5 goals in 8 minutes are you serious?"

"You're gonna put me out of a job." Alex says then I look at my Mom.

"Where do you want me to meet you at?" I question.

"That Italian place down the street from your place and I'll order for you." Mom says and I nod then hug her one last time.

After I'm done talking to my Mom, my aunt's, and national team teammates I start to head for the locker room. When I get into the tunnel I notice Daan is cornered by her ex and she looks very uncomfortable so I walk over to them. Once I get to Daan I pick her up bridal style then keep walking to the locker room.

"HEY." Daan's ex shouts, but we both ignore her.

"Audrey what are you doing?" Daan asks then she giggles.

"You looked uncomfortable so I came to take you away." I say as Daan rests her head on my shoulder.

"So does that make you my night in shining armor?" Daan asks with a smile.

"I'll be whatever you want me to be." I say as we get to the locker room.

When Daan and I get into the locker room all talking stops then everyone looks at myself and the Dutch woman in my arms

"What happened?" Jordan asks.

"Daan's ex cornered her in the tunnel." I say as I set Daan down in front of her locker.

"Audrey saw us then she picked me up and carried me away from Her." Daan says.

"That's my girl." Kim says.

"Well we're ready so we'll see you all on the bus." Jessie says then she and her girlfriend, Katie McCabe, head to the bus as the rest of the girls start showering.

I wait for everyone to finish showering then I grab my shower stuff and head to the shower to clean the sweat off.

After my shower I dry off, put my necklaces on then put my earrings and nose ring back in before I put my clothes on. When I'm fully clothed I pack my stuff up then head to the bus and once there I put my bag under the bus then get on the bus and sit down next to Daan.

"Here Audi." Daan says and hands me the game ball signed by everyone.

"Thanks." I say as the bus pulls away from the stadium.

I was the last one on the bus.

As we're heading back to the training ground Daan lays her head on my shoulder then she shuts her eyes. I then gently rest my head on hers then rest my eyes for the duration of the ride.

"We're here Audi." Someone whispers in my ear.

I open my eyes and look out the window to see all the cars sitting where we left them.

"Daan." I whisper and gently nudge her. "Daan wake up."

Daan groggily wakes up then she looks around.

"That was fast." Daan says.

"Yeah cause you slept on Audrey the whole time." Viv says as she walks by.

"Sorry." Daan sheepishly says.

"I didn't mind." I say and smile.

The two of us grab our things, get off the bus, grab our bags from under the bus, then we head to our cars. Once at my car I put my things in the trunk then close the trunk.

"See ya Monday Audi." Daan says and smiles.

"See ya Monday." I say and smile at the Dutch woman.

After Daan gets in her car I get in mine then I head to the Italian place my Mom was talking about.

Thirty minutes later I arrive at the restaurant so I park my car then head inside. Once inside I see a large group of women sitting together so I approach them.

"Hello." I say.

"Hey Babygirl." Mom says and pats the seat next to her.

I sit down in-between my Mom and Cheney then I start eating my pasta.

"So Audi." Syd says causing everyone to look between us. "Word from Kim Little is that you have a crush on someone."

Oh no.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Depth By Alex

Fanfiction

374K 6.7K 49
Cairo is a very closed off person. She has a lot of layers to her and most of those layers she won't let anyone see or hear about. Her life as she kn...
308K 4.8K 40
Uswnt oneshots with Y/n reader.
496K 15.5K 151
Michelle Martins is a sports prodigy. She knew almost every sport and flourished at all of it, but she especially flourished at Soccer. Every team w...
587K 14.1K 71
Meet Cody, an average teenager, dealing with a rough home life and the school bully, who just so happens to be her Captain on the high school soccer...