The Elemental (Elijah Mikaels...

By adbaez

"And who might you be?" His dark eyes darted back and forth between her blue ones, unreadable yet searching a... More

PART ONE
Andromeda
Rose
Elijah Mikaelson
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon Part One
By the Light of the Moon Part Two
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party Part One
The Dinner Party Part Two
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
Happy Birthday.
The Birthday
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ghost World
Ordinary People
Homecoming
The New Deal
Our Town
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out the Dead
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
All My Children (SMUT)
1912
Break On Through
The Murder of One
Heart of Darkness
Do Not Go Gentle
Before Sunset
The Departed
Part Two
Growing Pains
The Rager
The Five
The Killer
We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
The Brother's Keeper
We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
O Come, All Ye Faithful
After School Special
Catch Me if You Can
A View to a Kill
Into The Wild
Down the Rabbit Hole
Stand By Me/Bring it On
American Gothic
Pictures of You
A New Life
New Orleans
House of The Rising Sun
Tangled Up in Blue
Girl in New Orleans
Sinners and Saints
Fruit of The Poisoned Tree
Bloodletting
The River in Reverse
Reigning Pain in New Orleans
The Casket Girls'
Après Moi, Le Déluge
Dance Back From the Grave
Crescent City
Long Way Back From Hell
Le Grand Guignol
Red String
Author's Note: Check Out My New Story!

Shots

20.7K 654 846
By adbaez

When Andy woke up the next morning, she immediately called Bonnie, inviting her and Elena over for brunch. Bonnie and Andromeda were friends, kind of, they grew up together and shared similarities in their wayward fathers. But, they weren't exactly close as she was Elena's best friend, and Andy didn't appreciate her putting Elena above Caroline.

As for inviting Elena, even though the two shared a dislike for each other, Andy knew that Caroline would need all of her friends present. She would put her feelings aside for her, always.

Andromeda sent Regulus to wake Caroline, and by the time the two came down, there was a wide spread of chocolate chip pancakes, french toast, eggs, bacon, orange juice and a fresh pot of coffee sat in the middle of the kitchen island; alongside a bottle of Bailey's Irish cream and vodka.

"What is all this?" Caroline asked, cornflower blue eyes wide as she took it in and noticed two of her best friends standing up from their places at the kitchen island. The blonde stood bewildered at the kitchen entryway with her hair in a messy bun, pink satin pajamas and Reggie letting go of her hand with a grin as he sped to Andy's side in his Toy Story socks.

"Andy invited us over, for a girls day." Elena explained, doe eyes soft as she looked over her shoulder at the elemental, and Bonnie shrugged her shoulders with a grin.

"We haven't had one in a while."

Caroline's eyes welled with tears, and she let out a hiccup as both girls moved to embrace her tightly. Andy awed, cerulean eyes bright and she shared a high five with Reggie who giggled. "Andromeda Daphne McGregor, if you don't get your ass over here." Caroline tearfully ordered, and Bonnie pulled the elemental into the group hug with a laugh.

"Stop being so mushy, the food is going to get cold!" Reggie demanded, and the older girls all laughed before separating. Everyone sat around the kitchen island with Andy sitting on one end, Regulus sitting besides her with Caroline on his other side, Elena next to her and Bonnie at the other end facing Andy.

Food was passed around, the girls pouring either the Bailey's into their coffee, or a shot of vodka with their orange juice. Regulus had his own orange juice in a Star Wars sippy cup, and was enjoying the attention as the girls gushed over him.

"It's been forever since I've seen him, he's gotten so big." Bonnie mused, green eyes twinkling as she smiled at the eating toddler and Andy nodded in agreement.

"Give it 5 more years, he's gonna be taller than me."

"Everyone's taller than you, Andy." Caroline pointed out with a smirk, and Andy shot her a glare as the table burst into laughter. "Shut up."

"This is nice. Something normal, for once." Elena stated, and Bonnie snorted in response.

"So, having vampires for friends and being harassed by wolves isn't normal?"

"That's my normal." Andy raised her glass with a smirk, and everyone laughed. "What wolves?" Reggie asked in confusion, and Andy shushed him. "Just a joke, baby."

Elena's phone suddenly rang, and she looked peered at it before rolling her eyes and slamming it down on the counter. "Who is it?" Caroline asked in confusion, and Elena explained. "John, asking where I am."

"How is that going?"

"He wants to be this dad of the year all of a sudden, and says he's here to protect me. But I don't want him here, and don't need him." The brunette ranted, and Andromeda snorted over her mug of laced coffee. Elena turned to her with a raised brow, and maybe it was the liquor, but Andy couldn't hold back what she said next.

"You really have no idea how lucky you have it." She stated, placing her mug down and all eyes were on her as Elena looked to her in confusion mixed with annoyance. "How in the world am I lucky, Andy?"

"You have someone, a living, breathing, parent that actually wants something to do with your life. That's more than any of us have." Andromeda gestured around the table, and her eyes were hard as she looked at the doppelgänger. "Bonnie and I both probably haven't seen our fathers in months, and Caroline's dad came out the closet, eloped, then basically disappeared without so much as a phone call."

"I know that, but-" Elena made a move to interrupt, but Andy raised her hand before continuing. "Look, I know you lost your parents. And John is no where near close to being who your dad ever was, the man was awesome. But, you cannot say that John was never present in your life. He was there, you just didn't know it.

"I don't wanna argue, and you don't even have to listen to what I said. But, keep that in mind before you start complaining about how bad you've got it." Andy finished, blue eyes staring hard at the doe eyes of Elena who was speechless.

"Well," Caroline cleared her throat, attempting to clear the awkward air. "since we're all being honest here, are we gonna talk about the Original's late night visit, or?" This was said with a raised brow, cornflower blue eyes twinkling with devilish humor as Caroline shot Andy a smirk over her coffee mug.

"Wait, Elijah?" Bonnie nearly choked on her orange juice, and Andromeda's eyes rolled heavenward as she groaned. Elena's eyes went wide, before glaring accusingly at the brunette and Andy waved her off. "Oh, quit it with the judgey look."

"What was Elijah doing here, Andy?" Elena demanded, and Andromeda ignored her as she took Reggie's plate away and ushered him to the living room. "Go watch TV for now, laddie."

"Yes, Andy." Reggie cleared out from the awkward tension quickly, before Andy returned her attention to the girls with a sigh. She shot Caroline an exasperated look, knowing the blondes pension for stirring drama. "I was hoping you were asleep."

"You wish, now spill."

"Are you friends with him?" Elena accused, her tone full of disbelief and Andy snorted. "I would barely call him an acquaintance-"

"That's not what the text messages say..."

"Caroline." Andy shot her a glare, and Caroline threw her hands in the air as she exclaimed; "How else was I supposed to know what was going on?! Plus, in my defense, you left it charging on my side of the bed and his good morning message woke me up. Very cute, by the way."

"He's texting you? Why are you even talking-"

"Lass, if you do not put your finger down, I am going to break it." Andromeda looked straight at the doppelgänger, deadly serious, as Elena glared at her fiercely. Bonnie was sipping her spiked orange juice with wide green eyes, and Caroline was nursing her coffee mug with both hands, blue eyes darting between the two as the drama enfolded before her.

The bitch.

"He is trying to kill me!" Elena screeched, being overly dramatic, and Andy rolled her eyes.  "Technically, Klaus wants to kill you. Elijah, is asking you to sit still and look pretty until Klaus catches wind of your existence."

"Yeah, then use me to lure him in!"

"Oh for the love of all that is New and Old, Elena, not everything is done in a play to get to you!" Andy bellowed, nostrils flaring as she took a deep breath and pressed her fingers to her temples in frustration.

"Does Damon know?" Elena spat, and Andy sent her a dark look before letting out a bitter laugh. "No, but I'm almost positive you'll tell him. Anything to keep him in your corner, am I right?" Elena opened her mouth, but Andy was already done with anything the girl had to say.

"No, seriously, how does it feel to have two brothers willing to move heaven and Earth just for you to get a chance to live? Bonnie lost her grams, Caroline became a vampire, Jeremy actually died-"

"Because, Damon killed him-"

"My bloody point exactly! Damon would not have even touched Jeremy if not for you messing with his fucking head!"

"At least I'm not so insecure that I jump into the arms of the first guy that shows an inkling of interest in me-"

That did it.

Andy was up in a flash, eyes flashing gray as the wind picked up, tableware rattling, and just before she could advance on the dopple-bitch, Caroline stood in front of her with a scowl of displeasure, restraining the elemental just as Bonnie stood in front of a wide-eyed Elena.

Andromeda glared past Caroline's shoulder, breathing heavy as her gaze was solely focused on Elena who looked like a deer caught in headlights. Her eyes turned remorseful, opening her mouth to apologize to Andy, but the elemental only spat out; "Do not."

"Andy..." Caroline whispered, hands pressed firmly on the shorter girl's shoulders, and she shot her a glare too, causing the blonde to flinch before Andy let out a sigh. As quick as the anger rose, it blew out of her just as quickly, simmering under the surface of her skin.

"Andy, I'm sorry for what I said." Elena finally broke the silence, taking a step away from Bonnie who stood rigid, flinty green eyes focused on Andromeda. Funny, she was so civil a moment ago. "But, that doesn't change the fact that Elijah cannot be trusted-"

"For God's sake, says who? You?" Andromeda snapped, stormy eyes glaring daggers at the other girl. "Am I to take your word for it? You, who throws caution to the wind and calls it protecting us?" Her voiced sarcasm, gaze flinty, and she was officially over with the conversation.

"My business is none of yours. And your safety is of no concern of mine." There was an awkward silence, before Elena cleared her throat, and began to pack her things. "I should go."

"Bonnie?" She turned to her friend, whom had stood silent until that point, and green eyes met blue before looking to Elena.

"I think I'll stay a little while longer." She said, surprising the other girls, before Elena shook it off with a nod. She said goodbye to Caroline and Bonnie, gave Andromeda an awkward wave, before seeing herself out and Regulus came running down the stairs to the entryway of the kitchen. "Is it over?"

"Were you listening, fear beag?" Andy raised a brow, crossing her arms as the other girls laughed and he shrugged sheepishly. "You weren't very quiet, mama."

"Mhm." She chuckled, before sending him upstairs to bathe and then turning to face the sheepish expression of Caroline, who scratched the back of her head awkwardly. "I didn't think it would be that bad..."

"No, it was just peachy." Andy's voice dripped with sarcasm, and the blonde pouted while Bonnie laughed. "I'm sorry..."

"Yeah, yeah." She rolled her eyes, before smiling at the blonde. She could never truly stay mad at her. "Elena shouldn't have said what she did." Bonnie finally spoke, Andy's gaze snapping to her.

"Yes, Elijah isn't to be trusted, but that doesn't excuse what she did. You barely leave your house anymore, and if he makes you happy, who are we to say anything?" Andromeda's eyes softened as Bonnie explained, the witch smiling warmly at her, and Andy felt immensely better.

"Thank you."

"Let's get drunk." Caroline declared, clapping her hands and both girls turned to her with matching quizzical looks. "I, for one, have not gotten drunk in forever with this new "vampire tolerance", and Andy doesn't party anymore. All three of us are having guy issues, all three of us need a break from said guy issues and all things supernatural, so, shots."

Andy raised a brow in amusement, before smirking. "I'm in."

"It's only three..." Bonnie started, before both girls turned to her with the same "seriously" look, and she raised her hands in defense. "Fine, I'm in."

So their spiked drinks turned into shots of vodka, whiskey for Andy, she hated any and all light liquor. The girls did karaoke in the music room, with Reggie practicing his violin, Andromeda playing guitar, and Caroline singing while Bonnie recorded. It came to the point where Regulus began to sing "Scotland the Brave", much to the amusement of the other girls, and Andy made sure to record it to send to her father later as his voice carried through the room.

"Here among my mountains wild I have serenely smiled

When armies and empires against me were hurled

Firm as my native rock I have withstood the shock

Of England, of Denmark, or Rome and the world."

His accent was clear, voice light as it filled the air and Bonnie awed while Andromeda's smile split her face, dimples clearly visible. Andy wasn't a light weight, she was Greek and Scottish, there was no possible way that she could be. Her accent was much more prominent when drunk, much to the amusement of Caroline, and she was also a lot more relaxed. Her tongue was loosened and she was much more confident, not particularly caring at that moment. That being said, her anger was even easier to rise to the surface; the elemental slipping easily into a rage, Caroline calling her a ticking time bomb.

She was very much drunk as Reggie leaned tiredly against her shoulder, singing him to sleep.

"Many's the lad fought on that day

Well the claymore did wield

When the night came, silently lay

Dead on Culloden field

Speed, bonnie boat, like a bird on the wing

Onward! The sailors cry

Carry the lad that's born to be king

Over the sea to Skye."

After Reggie fell asleep, Andy lazily called upon wind to help her, blue eyes turning gray as a strong breeze lifted the sleeping toddler. He followed behind her in a steady rocky motion as she led him up the stairs to his room, and Bonnie temporarily spelled it so he couldn't hear anything outside of that door.

When they returned downstairs, Caroline was in a corner of the living room bent over something and she jumped at the girls approach, hiding whatever she had behind the sofa cushion.

"What are ye doin'?" Andy asked suspiciously, and the blonde shook her head rapidly with a wide smile. "Nothing! Why would I be doing anything?"

Andromeda's eyes narrowed, before rolling her eyes and letting it go as she plopped down onto the leather cushion, pulling Bonnie down besides her, who immediately rested her head in the brunette's lap while Andy leaned on Caroline's shoulder.

The blonde played Mamma Mia and before long, Andy was on the coffee table, Bonnie standing on the sofa, and Caroline standing on the kitchen island with a wooden spoon; all three belting out the lyrics drunkenly as Andy played a air guitar.

That was what Elijah heard as he approached her home, the sounds of raucous laughter and music being played carrying outside. Before the Original could knock, the door was pulled open by a grinning Caroline and Elijah raised a brow in surprise, before giving her a nod of acknowledgment. "Caroline."

"Elijah." She smiled, eyes filled with mirth as she looked him over calculatingly, taking in his perfectly tailored charcoal gray Armani suit, and he cleared his throat as her gaze was brought up to meet his. "I received a message from Andromeda, saying that she needed my assistance. Clearly, I was mistaken." His tone was polite, lips turned up slightly in amusement at his love's best friend, and Caroline only shook her head as she smirked.

"Nope, no mistake. Come on in." She stepped away from the door frame and at seeing him pass the threshold with no resistance, the blonde squealed, the Original looking to her in confusion. "I knew she invited you in, the little liar."

Caroline unceremoniously grabbed the vampire's hand, pulling him after her and he followed bemusedly, knowing he could easily tear away but finding this situation entertaining. He followed her into the living area, eyes widening as he took in the scene before him.

Andromeda did not notice his entrance, the movie having been switched to Burlesque, and the brunette was on top of the kitchen island as she sang to Christina Aguilera. Caroline giggled, moving away to join Bonnie whose eyes widened at the approach of the Original, and Elijah didn't even notice.

His attention too focused on the dancing figure that was the woman of his dreams. Her smooth honey skin was clad only in a pair of black Nike running shorts, that showed the plumpness of her thighs and roundness of her arse, pink nipples poking through the thin material of her white cropped tee.

Elijah's eyes impossibly darkened, jaw set as he schooled his face to appear blank, never taking his gaze off of her as she danced seductively on the marble counter.

"B.H. I adore, Rodeo l'amore

Breakfast Polo Lounge, then poolside for sure

The Chateau for cocktails, the Courtyard at nine

Dan Tana's for dinner, The Helen's divine

You know I have found the word's gone around

They all say my feet never do touch the ground

What?! I am a good girl."

Andy danced without a care, hips thrusting at every clash of the symbols, hair loose around her as she bit her lip and ran her hands playfully up her exposed abdomen, over her breast, carding their way through her long curls.

Elijah stopped breathing.

Bonnie gave Caroline a high five.

Andromeda's eyes opened at the sound, cerulean eyes blinking before widening at the heated gaze of the Original, and she shrieked as she took a step back that was met with air. She immediately squeezed her eyes shut, bracing for impact, but instead felt strong arms curling around her that swept her into the air. Andy opened her eyes, and storm clouds met warm oak.

"Hi." She breathed, slightly breathless at the surprise of her fall as well as being pulled into the molten pools that were Elijah's eyes. He smiled, a real one, revealing a small dimple in his left cheek and Andy swore her heart stopped right then.

"Hello, mia vita."

The moment was broken at the clearing of someone's throat and Andy looked over the Original's shoulder to see Bonnie elbow Caroline's side who quickly looked up and away, but Andy caught the smug grin on her face. 

"Caroline Elizabeth Forbes!" She struggled briefly in Elijah's hold, giving Caroline just enough time to run as once Andromeda's feet touched the floor, she was off. Bonnie immediately threw her hands up in a symbol of innocence as she backed away with a laugh, and Andy leaped over the back of the couch after the screeching blonde.

"You bloody called him?!"

"Texted, technically-" She shrieked, disappearing with vampire speed into the music room as Andy went to tackle her in the foyer, making the elemental nearly crash into the stair rail. 

"Ye bloody cheater!" 

"Language, Andromeda." Elijah drawled from his place leaning against the living room archway, looking bemusedly down at his watch, and Andy spun around to glare at him as both girls laughed from their places in the house.

"Forgive me, Elijah. I meant to say, ye fuckin' numpty-"

"Such filthy words coming out of that pretty mouth," He finally looked up, lips tugging upwards as his gaze focused on Andy's slightly wobbling form. She was absolutely plastered, Elijah can smell it on all three girls and he was absolutely entertained by the scene she made. She was still divine, his eyes roving her figures, before focusing on her face as she rolled her eyes. Easy to ire, he made a mental note with a hum. "surely, you can find another way to express yourself."

"I can call ye an arse in French, and Greek. Both sound quite bonnie, choose yer pick." She smiled innocently up at him, and Elijah snorted, making Bonnie and Caroline, who reappeared, look at him in amazement. He ignored them.

"Charming." 

Andy hummed, eyes roving over his tall figure, veins popping out of his exposed forearms as he rolled his sleeves, and unconsciously licked her lips. Yum.

"I try." She winked, before turning on her heels to face the giggling mess that was Bonnie leaning on a slightly less drunk Caroline. "Get her upstairs, the both of ye can sleep in my parent's room." 

The blonde raised a brow, grinning wickedly as she teased. "Oh? Is Elijah staying the night, then?" 

"Ye invited him here, may as well, right?" Andy bit her lip playfully with a grin, and Caroline's eyes widened as she squealed and Bonnie laughed.

 "Get it, Andy." 

She stuck out her tongue, and Caroline supported Bonnie as she helped her up the stairs.

Andromeda spun on her heel to face the Original with a wide smile, he was already looking down at her with a soft look in his eyes, and opened his arms with a chuckle as Andy launched herself into them. She was never quite this affectionate, always reserved, and Elijah was surprised as her arms wound around his neck tightly.

Her form pressed firmly against his, feet lifting from the floor in a relevé as his arms tightened around her waist and she deeply inhaled his scent, nose brushing against his collar. 

"You smell delicious." She purred, and Elijah's hold on her tightened for the briefest of seconds before he separated enough to look down at her. Her blue eyes were clouded over, lips plump and red from her biting them, and his heart gave a painful tug as they curled upwards into a dazzling smile. 

Andromeda knew exactly what she was doing, of that, Elijah had little doubt.

"You enjoy toying with me, don't you, elskan?" He murmured and Andy shook her head, her hair tumbling over her shoulders, down her back in waves. 

"Who's teasing?" She looked up at him, batting her eyelashes innocently, and Elijah shook his head as he looked down at her fondly.

"You are drunk."

"I am a Scot. There is no such thing."

"And the part that is Greek?"

"Grew up eating grapes and sipping wine, call me Dionysus." Elijah chuckled, and Andy pressed herself against him tighter. "Why did ye come?" She murmured, and the Original stayed silent as she peered up at him.

"Yer nae fool enough to believe whatever Caroline sent ye. So, why are ye here?"

"I was concerned about you."

"Why?"

"Is it truly so hard to believe?" He implored, hand leaving her waist to brush a stray curl behind her ear, and Andy felt a trail of fire follow his touch. 

"No one has ever cared enough before."

"I care, Andromeda." Elijah's tone was firm, hands completely leaving her waist as they cupped her face and she shut her eyes at his touch, lips parting with a breath as he ran a thumb over her bottom lip. She opened her eyes, seas crashing over cliffs and Elijah couldn't help but be pulled into their depths.

He would drown a hundred times, for the stillness that he found beneath the roaring waves was the most peace he has ever felt in a thousand years.

Their breaths mingled, Andy raising slightly higher creating an inch of space between them, her scent wrapping around the vampire, and Elijah wanted nothing more than to lower his head and devour her. 

"Why won't you kiss me?" She whispered, eyes searching his as he, minimally, shook his head. Feeling the slightest brush of lips. 

"Because, sweet Andromeda, when I kiss you I want you to be completely aware. So that you may remember every moment of my lips against yours, my tongue exploring your depths, and becoming addicted to the taste."

Andromeda's eyes darkened considerably with lust, and Elijah smirked wickedly at the effect he had on her. Andromeda was innocent, although not explicitly said, it was obvious in the way she carried herself so reservedly. Although she held no such reservations at that moment, he wouldn't dream of taking her now.

He wanted her to remember every second of it, his touch, the taste of his name passing through her sweet lips, his scent as he marked her, to be carried on her skin everywhere, letting all living beings know that she was his.

The moment was broken as Andy gave a tired yawn, and she blinked owlishly as Elijah immediately swept her into his arms bridal style. "Let us get you to bed." He murmured, and she bit her lip.

"Will you stay with me?"

She was unsure, looking over his shoulder to avoid his gaze. He squeezed her in his hold, forcing her eyes to meet his as he searched them for any signs of doubt. "If that is what you want."

"It is." She breathed, and he chuckled fondly.

"As you wish."

*****************************************************

The first song is "Scotland the Brave" by John McDermott, and the second is The Skye Boat Song. I hold no rights to either one, but I wanted to bring more of a taste to Andy's culture as I have always been fascinated by Scotland and Ireland. 

I am also completely obsessed with Outlander, so it works. 

I should be involving her dad more in the story soon, he hasn't really come up, but he's an important figure in Andy's life too. 

Oh, and if you want to look up the second song, I am obsessed with Ella Roberts version, her voice is amazing! Comment, and tell me what you think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 4.9K 40
TVD STORY! Elena had a twin, not biological, but ny heart. Her name was Elizabeth Gilbert. She had always known about the supernatural and she knew t...
1.5M 29K 31
❝How long will I love you? As long as stars are above you... And longer if I can...❞ ⬖ ⬖ ⬖ Mia Salvatore's life just got a little more complicated...
1.9M 46.7K 45
Who would of ever thought that Klaus Mikaelson was capable of friendship? Unlikely. And with a Salvatore? Even more unlikely. But as it seems h...
246K 7.8K 39
After being saved by his brother only for him to give up himself to the hybrid, Damon couldn't help blaming himself for his brother's despair. Wha...