On Edge

By Kirityu_Ryukaro

Grudges are powerful things. They latch onto you like a leech, never letting go, sucking you dry until that p... More

This life I will now live
Our tomorrow sheds blood

Who dyed his red heart to black?

2.6K 193 46
By Kirityu_Ryukaro

Everyone had been stunned into silence.

Shinsou didn't know if it was because Midoriya was implying that he was quirkless, or the shock that someone, someone had actually told the kind cinnamon roll to go kill himself.

Midoriya was still crying as he desperately tried to suck oxygen into his lungs.

"I have been made fun of my entire life for not having a quirk! Bullied, teased, pranked! I'm pretty sure Hitoshi has gone through worse things that me for his quirk, and I'm not gonna let you say anything bad about him when he's trying his best! I thought you were better than this! I thought the students accepted into UA wouldn't be participating in quirk discrimination, if UA was willing to let a quirkless student take the heroics entrance exam!"

"But... Deku... you have a quirk! You punched the Zero Pointer!" Uraraka protested.

What was he talking about? He clearly has a quirk! There's no way a normal human could do that... and the green lighting-

"That was the first time I ever used a quirk! For the first time in my life, that stupid wish of waking up with a quirk was fulfilled!"

"But you have a quirk now, no?" Aoyoma tried to reason, "With a quirk as versatile as yours, he could make you -"

"SHUT UP!" Midoriya roared.

"You keep calling him a villain for his quirk! If that's the case, all of us are villains! You, me, Uraraka, Aizawa Sensei, All Might, all of us might as well be villains!"

He hastily wiped the tears in his eyes away, before he growled, "Hitoshi isn't a bad person! He'll never be! But yet, all you do is judge him for his quirk! If I remained quirkless, are you gonna tell me that I'm worthless!? That I'm a useless waste of space!? That I should throw myself off the roof of a building or hang myself like everyone other person told me to!?"

His breath hitched, as all the old memories clouded his mind.

"Worthless Deku!"

"Yeah! He's better off dead!"

"He wants to be a hero!? He's be dead before he even moves! Or maybe he should just be killed by a villain!"

"Wanna be like All Might? Stop joking around. A quirkless freak like you can't do shit!"

"̵G̶o̵ ̵h̶a̶n̶g̴ ̷y̷o̷u̵r̸s̷e̷l̶f̷,̶ ̴D̸e̷k̶u̸!̸"̷

"̵̫͌Ÿ̵̩ō̸̺u̵̱̍'̴͎̔r̶̙̃ẹ̵̐ ̸̘̋ṳ̸͐s̷͍̊ě̷͉l̵̬̃e̵̯̒s̴̫̀ṡ̴̥,̴̘͝ ̶̥̄D̸̻̆e̸̛̺k̷̰̕ù̶̠!̶̭͝ ̷͙̊G̶̟̏ọ̶̒ ̷͖͠k̵̦̊ỉ̷̫l̶͗͜l̷̥̅ ̴͙͛y̶͍͛ò̸ͅú̵͖r̸͎̒s̶̥̈́e̸̖̽l̶͖̊f̴͔̚!̴̨͝"̸̪̓

"̷̜̑̏͠G̸̨͕̩͎̖̻͂͌̇͑ǫ̸̢̲͓̗͌̒͜ ̸̛̠̯̮͉̓̎̒̓̅͜t̶͕͕́̊̾ā̸̡̤̘̤͈̬̿͑͘̕͠k̵̨̫̪̺̔̈́́̏é̷̳̬̐̃ͅ ̵͖̠̟̙̆̇͝ą̸͔̞̘̪̭̝̄̌̐̈́̏ ̸̨̨̤͚̻̯̻̑̃̂̌̀̚ş̵͕̟͇̺̈́w̷̟̔͘a̸̢͍̭̒̈́̓ṅ̸̤̦̺̱̗̎͒̉̂͗͝ ̷̹̪̼̑̋̈́͛̎d̸̢̞̱͖̆i̴̛̝̖̳̩̙͔̓͘v̴̨̺̟͋̀̈́̍̉̉e̴̙̺͑̽̓͛̆ ̷̙̳̲͍̙̳͓̈́o̶̮̯͍̞͍̒̿̽̕f̴̠̱̬̣̤͈͌͊͗́̾f̵̡̛̯͍̯̥́̓͊͝͝ ̴̧̩̰͊t̴͍̤͐̎͋̇h̶̠͂̈e̷͎̯̖͛̌̀͌̀̑ ̷̡̧̗̙̇́͂̋͜͠r̷̛͍̝͎̦̯̮̜͂̋̔̕o̷̬̪̙̞̎̃̔͝o̵͎̣̖͙̾͆̈́f̷̰͈̝͚̄͌̐͜͝ͅ ̷̡͈̾͝o̷͉̮̺̬͌͋̏͘͝f̴̯͚͍͇̾̔̈́̀͘ͅ ̵̨̛̳̣̲͖̋͌̈́̽̅͝a̸͙̥͇̹̗͖̼̋́ ̴̺̬͖̓͊͌̋b̵͇̪̻͚̅̇͗u̷͈̬͈̠̰͊̇͆͠i̶̧̝̭̓̎͘l̸͙̻̟̩̗͇͚͐̈́͝d̴̨͖̄̾̏̍̿͘ḭ̵̟̟̼͔̘͂͒̓̾̇̌̄n̸̨̹͖̥̾͆͠g̵͖͖̫̐̆̕͝,̸̙̟̘̀͛͗̀̑ ̸͔̪̤̯̣̀̀́̈́̓̇a̵̤̦̞͎̩͙̟͗̈́̇̍̀̌͐n̴̼͉̐͜d̷̛̟̻̞̲̊̎̍̓̚͝ ̸͈͑̐ḣ̷͉̟͍̻̆͊̍͑͌ȏ̴̢̜̲̗͚̐́̚͜p̶͉̣̻̟̮̘̐͐̑̐͜ȅ̸̤͌̍͐̊̃͝ ̵̥͍̐͂̾ͅͅf̵̭̯̜̦̼͛͝ͅỏ̷͉̤̙̞͇r̵̘̾̿̓̾̎̕ ̶̛̺͋͘̕à̵̪̗͆͆͐̀ ̵̝̦͋͊͗̒͑̚q̷̢͓̹̪͂u̶̧̘̘̔͜i̸̢̫͍̹̱̟̦̊̎r̵̥͓̾͒̎̓͊̇̋k̵̖̖̺̟͛̔ͅ ̶̛͔̗̋̀̊́̕͝î̶̠̜̠͇͕͒̎̓̑̾̕n̴̥͕̭̉̉̾̒ ̷̛͕̱̿y̴̧̞̲͒̾̈́́o̶͍̩̩̣͝u̵̫̫͔̽̓́͝r̷̢̤̟̍̂ ̶̢͔̺̄̉ņ̵̢̟̫̥̓̈̀̂̂ḕ̸̮̖̱̣̱̠x̶̨̖̭̭͙͇͖͐̔͒̍̕t̶̩̗̘͈̝̭̃ ̶͉͖̠̤̞͐̄̾̐́͜l̷̛̛̬̞͈͔̺̆͊̑͆ǐ̵̜̹̰̗͐̏͆̊̂͜͝ͅf̸̨͍̖̤͔͖̻̈́̀͘e̴̢͉͙̫̮͌̈́ͅ!̴̛͒̐̑̏͜"̶̢̡̛͇̟̮̥̑͋͗̓̇͠"̸̻̰̅̌͊͋̓̈

That familiar, uncomfortable feeling bubbled up in his chest, and he felt like he couldn't breath. He felt dizzy, like the entire world was spinning, and he felt the faint urge to throw up.

Midoriya fell backwards, and Shinsou yelped and caught the boy as he collapsed, gasping for breath.

"Izuku? Izuku, calm down!"

"No. No no no, shut up! Shut up! I'm not useless, I'm not worthless, shut up shut up SHUT UP!"

The rest of the hero course students could only look at the panicking green haired teen, stunned, not knowing what to do.

Shinsou bit his lip.

He was having a panic attack.

Panic attacks were horrible. Shinsou should know. He had panic attacks all the time, as he hid under the sheets and wrapped his arms around himself in the middle of the night, desperately trying to wait it out.

Shinsou didn't want to do this. This was exactly what everyone had been accusing him of doing. But he didn't want Midoriya to be trapped in the depths of his own mind, especially not with a volatile quirk that had literally gone out of control a few hours before, and with a broken arm.

He shook Midoriya a bit rougher that he intended.

"Izuku, can you hear me?"

"Hitoshi -"

He activated his quirk, and Midoriya's mind went blank.

"Deep breaths. Calm down." He commanded.

Ojiro, Shoda and Aoyoma let out a strangled breath at the activation of Shinsou's quirk.

Midoriya's breath came in more evenly, and Shinsou released his hold on Midoriya's mind.

"Feeling better?"

Midoriya gave a weak nod, and grasped at Shinsou's arm desperately.

"Midoriya, he just brainwashed you! Get away -"

"ALL OF YOU SHUT UP!" Midoriya screamed, interrupting Kaminari, "I HATE ALL OF YOU! LEAVE HITOSHI ALONE!"

He burst into tears, and curled up in a ball, sobbing on the ground.

"Stop bullying him! He didn't even do anything to you!"

"Izuku, no! That's bad for your arm! You need to see Recovery Girl!" Shinsou was at a loss. Midoriya wasn't even listening anymore, as he just clung to Shinsou's arm and cried.

"What is going on?"

-------------------

Aizawa and Kan didn't know what to expect when they entered the dorms.

"Do you have any idea how many times I've been told to kill myself because I didn't even have a quirk!?"

"Was that Midoriya?" Kan frowned.

"I have been made fun of my entire life for not having a quirk! Bullied, teased, pranked! I'm pretty sure Hitoshi has gone through worse things that me for his quirk, and I'm not gonna let you say anything bad about him when he's trying his best! I thought you were better than this! I thought the students accepted into UA wouldn't be participating in quirk discrimination, if UA was willing to let a quirkless student take the heroics entrance exam!"

Aizawa turned round the corridor from his room to figure out what was going on.

He knew Midoriya had issues. Lack of self esteem, praising everyone and putting them high up pedestals like he was some unworthy commoner. There were times where he had a horrible appetite, but Midoriya had written it off as stress for homework, or the provisional license exam.

But he wasn't quirkless. There was no way a quirkless person could smash that Zero Pointer like it was an aluminum drink can.

"But... Deku... you have a quirk! You punched the Zero Pointer!"

"That was the first time I ever used a quirk! For the first time in my life, that stupid wish of waking up with a quirk was fulfilled!"

Aizawa covered his mouth in mute horror, before he could let out a sound. Kan was about to intervene, but Aizawa pulled him back.

He had thought that Midoriya's quirk was untrained, so he never had a good grasp on it. Midoriya kept saying he couldn't control it, but he didn't realize that it had only recently manifested.

No wonder he was so shitty at using it!

Both Aizawa and Kan were stunned into silence as they listened, not daring to look around the corner lest the students see them.

"If I remained quirkless, are you gonna tell me that I'm worthless!? That I'm a useless waste of space!? That I should throw myself off the roof of a building or hang myself like everyone other person told me to!?"

Gods, what had happened to the poor kid!?

Aizawa growled, before he finally intervened, "What is going on?"

He looked at the crying Midoriya, his arm swollen, as Shinsou tried to comfort him, as the rest of the class stood around in a loss.

"Shinsou, bring Midoriya to his room. It's on the second floor. I'll get one of the students to bring dinner up later." Aizawa ordered, and Shinsou nodded, lifting up the boy gently and made his way to the stairs.

The common room grew silent.

"Now someone explain what is going on!?"

The only sound left in the room was Midoriya's cries haunting the 1-A area.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

502K 31.2K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
291K 6.6K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
185K 5.8K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
1.6M 54.6K 68
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...