Sterling

By variestae

It was inevitable. It always has been. From the rumors at his school to his taunting parents behind closed do... More

INTRODUCTION
PROLOGUE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
BONUS SCENE

Chapter Sixteen

9.5K 606 163
By variestae

Taehyung chuckled with furrowed eyebrows as he leaned against the doorframe, crossing his arms as he looked at the older with a small smile on his full lips, "What happened? Are you okay?" He asked, a little worried Jungkook was in pain because of his sprained shoulder, but he got a nod in return, "Then what's wrong?"

"I hate that I have to ask this but, is it alright if I stay the night tonight?" Jungkook asked as he scratched the back of his head rather awkwardly. He hated having to ask Taehyung for such a favor, especially since they've barely known each other a month. He didn't want to make Taehyung feel uncomfortable either, so he didn't know if staying at his house that night would be crossing the line or not.

He was waiting for the other to freak out and tell him he couldn't stay there, but he was met with a smiling Taehyung as he nodded and moved out of the way, opening the door wider for him to enter the house. He was a little shocked that the brunette boy was complying so easily, and he wanted to make sure if it was okay with him, but before he could, he felt fingers wrap around his wrist before being pulled through the front entrance.

Usually, Taehyung wasn't allowed to have friends or anyone over-not even family. But since his parents were out of town and wouldn't be back for another week, he was able to do this and get away with it without them knowing about it. He closed the door when he pulled Jungkook through, locking it right after before turning around and leaning back against the front door with folded arms.

"What's wrong with your house? Miss me too much?" Taehyung teased with a boxy grin on his lips, causing Jungkook to laugh, throwing his head back with bouncing shoulders before he shook his head as a response. The small brunette boy just smiled before walking to the kitchen, "Want anything before I go and make up the guest bedroom?"

"No thanks, I'm good."

"You sure? You don't want a water or anything?" Taehyung questioned as he opened the refrigerator door, sticking his head inside and grabbing himself a water as Jungkook shook his head in response again. The younger rolled his eyes as he grabbed another one, not taking no for an answer before tossing it to him, the other catching it with ease, "Too bad, you're getting one anyway."

"Thanks," the raven-haired boy chuckled out before setting it down on the counter beside him. Taehyung just nodded with a hum as he brought the bottle to his lips, allowing the refrigerator door to shut. The brunette's eyes landed on the other's shoulder, the ice pack still taped around his shoulder and under his arm to keep it there. The ice surely had have been melted by now, and Taehyung took note of that, "Do you need another ice pack?"

Jungkook just stared at the small brunette boy with a small adoring smile on his lips before nodding his head as a response. Taehyung set his water bottle down on the counter before opening the freezer portion, grabbing an ice pack for the older male before walking over to him and carefully examining the taped ice pack on his shoulder. He reached down and grabbed his hand gently, tugging him for the older to follow him, leading him upstairs.

Once they were on the top floor, he opened a door and flipped the switch, turning on the light, revealing a queen-sized bed in the middle of the room, with a fluffy white comforter and pillows. The room looked cozy, something Jungkook really liked about it. He felt Taehyung tug his hand again, signaling for him to sit down on the bed, to which he did.

The brunette handed him the ice pack before carefully un-taping the ice pack around his shoulder. He tried doing it as gently as possible, earning a few winces and hisses from the older boy, mumbling quick and quiet apologies every time he hurt him on accident. When he successfully got the tape off and had the, now melted, ice pack no longer on his shoulder, he carefully rolled up the other's short sleeve and examined his shoulder.

Granted, he wasn't a doctor, and he had no idea what he was doing, but he definitely noticed some swelling, meaning the joint and muscles and tissues were surely inflamed. He smacked his lips as he shook his head at the sight, all while bringing the back of his hand up and gently placing it on the swollen area, much to Jungkook's confusion, "What're you doing?"

"Checking to see if it's hot to the touch," Taehyung simply stated as he felt the skin, but it didn't help the raven-haired boy's confusion at all, only adding on to it, and the brunette noticed this with a chuckle, "If it's hot to the touch, that either means it's infected or something else is wrong. But lucky you, it's not hot, so you're safe and most likely won't lose your arm."

"Most likely?" Jungkook asked with a light laugh, earning a cute nod from the younger and a small boxy smile, "I guess I'll take those chances, then." Taehyung's eyes flickered up and seen the raven-haired man looking at him with a soft gaze and small smile, and just staring at him with so much adoration in his eyes-or that's what Taehyung thought it was.

He felt a little flustered from all the staring, causing him to advert his gaze back to his shoulder, grabbing the ice pack from him and placing it there, "Hold it right here for me, and I'll be right back. Don't move," he ordered gently, earning a nod from the older as he walked out of the room and into the hall bathroom, grabbing surgical tape before returning after grabbing scissors. He sat back down next to Jungkook who just watched him with curious eyes, "I'm gonna tape it for now, unless you want to walk around holding it to your shoulder? Your choice."

"A little tape isn't going to kill me, I guess," the raven-haired boy replied teasingly, causing Taehyung to nod with a wide boxy smile on his face. He taped the ice pack to his shoulder, smiling proudly at his work before leaving and putting the supplies away, soon returning and finding Jungkook lying down on his back.

"I have to change the sheets on the bed," Taehyung stated softly as he walked up to the older, standing in between his legs as he held out his hand for the other to take it. Jungkook did without hesitation, standing up on his feet, before Taehyung walked away and into the hallway, approaching a closet and grabbing some blankets, sheets, a comforter, and pillowcases.

He walked back in the room with the things he needed in his arms, throwing them off to the side before going to the bed and stripping it from its current necessities. Jungkook didn't like the fact he wasn't helping, so he walked over and with his good shoulder, started helping the younger strip the bed of its sheets and blankets, "You don't have to, I got it."

"So, when are you gonna give me the tour?" Jungkook asked, completely ignoring the other's statement, and not even sparing him a single glance as he continued to strip the bed. Taehyung looked over at him with a smile, shaking his head as he threw the sheets off to the side in a pile before going over to the other pile of clean and new sheets, throwing them on the bed and making it up.

"I didn't know I was obligated to give you such a privilege," the small brunette boy joked, looking over at Jungkook who was now looking back at him, playfully rolling his eyes at him with a light laugh. The raven-haired boy wasn't expecting him to be so straightforward with him, but he could hear the playful banter within his voice.

"Straightforward, I like that."

"After we get this settled I'll give you a tour since I have to," Taehyung sarcastically sighed with a shake of his head as they finished making up the guest bed. He grabbed the pile of sheets and blankets, walking them to the laundry room downstairs and throwing them in a nearby hamper. He walked back upstairs, peeking his head into the guest room and seeing Jungkook sitting in the bed with his phone in his hand, "You still want that tour?"

Jungkook's head snapped up at the deep, velvety smooth voice, his smile growing as he nodded his head and pocketed his phone. He stood up and walked over to Taehyung, as the other moved out of the way and in the middle of the hall, "You already know where the kitchen and guest bedroom are. That door over there is my parents' bedroom, stay out of it unless you want me to die, the hall bathroom is right beside the room you'll be staying in, and the living room is downstairs on your left. Any questions?"

"I think you forgot a room."

Taehyung rolled his eyes up in mock thought, humming as he brought a hand up and stroked his chin, "Nope, I don't think so." He shook his head as he looked back down at the raven-haired boy in front of him, trying to suppress his smile for as long as he could. The older scrunched up his nose as he laughed, eyes going to the closed door Taehyung had forgotten to mention, slowly walking to it.

He leaned against the frame-against his good shoulder-folding his arms as he looked over at the small brunette boy, seeing him biting back a huge boxy grin, "I think you forgot about this one," he softly said as he brought a hand up and knocked on the door with the back of his knuckles, their eyes never leaving each other's. He watched as Taehyung shook his head, causing him to form a smirk, "Alright, so I guess you won't mind if I just go in and see for myself then?"

"Go for it, I've got nothing to hide," the brunette stated with a lame shrug of his shoulders, still biting back a smile. Jungkook's eyes scanned him for a little bit before his hand reached down and grabbed the knob, giving it a small twist and pushing the door open with a finger, their eyes never breaking.

He turned his neck to see a dark bedroom, reaching over and finding the switch to flip it, turning on the lights. The room was huge, and painted in a light grey color, with a queen-sized bed in the center of it. He had black curtains hanging over his windows, and his walls were bare besides a tv mounted on one directly across from his bed. The room was completely spotless, and everything was organized, something Jungkook wasn't use to.

"Holy shit you're a neat freak."

As much as Taehyung hated the word 'freak' he looked passed it and followed Jungkook into his bedroom. The raven-haired boy looked around with wide eyed and a mouth hung ajar, completely amazed by how neat and tidy the brunette boy was. "It's just a bedroom, and I like things clean and neat. Did you expect a dirty ass room to where I can't find a single thing?"

"I need to take tips from you, to be perfectly honest," Jungkook said, turning his neck and looking over his shoulder at the smaller male behind him. Taehyung playfully but sheepishly rolled his eyes at the boy before closing the door behind him and walking to his bed. He plopped down with a huff, eyes closing as he allowed his body to finally relax.

"How's your shoulder? Does it hurt?" Jungkook looked over, suddenly remembering his sprained shoulder. He felt the throbbing sensations still, not getting any better but getting rather annoying now. He felt a little bit of pain, but he figured he might as well take something to prevent it from happening so he would be able to get some sleep that night, so he nodded his head as a response, "Alright, I'll go get you something. I'll be right back."

The older just nodded again as he looked around the room, even though there wasn't much to look at. He was just amazed by how neat and tidy it was, and it made him a little jealous that he couldn't keep his room looking this way. He wasn't necessarily messy, but he wasn't neat and organized either-not like Taehyung at least. The walls were bare and clean, the floor was hardwood and spotless from any kind of junk, the corners weren't piled with anything like clothes.

He stepped inside the room a little deeper, looking down at the floor and noticing a piece of folded paper lying on the ground. Not thinking much of it, he bent down and picked it up thinking it was his, sticking it in his pocket as he went back to looking around the neat room, still not able to come to terms with how neat Taehyung truly was for a guy their age.

Usually teens were messy and never organized, but Taehyung didn't even seem like he was a teenager. He seemed like an adult, even though he was a year younger than Jungkook. He heard the door open behind him, causing him to look over and see Taehyung holding out his hand while the other one had a water bottle in it. The raven-haired boy held his hand out as well, taking the medicine from the brunette, along with the water bottle.

"Thank you," Jungkook thanked him before placing the pills on his tongue and taking a sip of his water. Taehyung nodded with a light hum as he walked back to his bed, plopping himself down once again with a huff. The brunette looked over with half-lidded eyes, as he parted the empty space beside him, catching the other's attention, to which he slowly made his way to the bed and laid down beside the younger.

"You never did tell me what was wrong with your house."

Jungkook chuckled as he placed his water bottle on the nightstand before rolling over on his side so he was now facing the smaller boy, "They dropped me off at the game before their business meeting in Busan. They said they would've been home before my game ended, but as soon as I walked you home and was about to leave, I got a text from them saying the meeting was going to be running late and they wouldn't be home tonight. I didn't bring my keys because I thought my parents would've been home, you know. But they weren't so now I'm here with you."

Taehyung smiled sleepily as his eyes closed while he readjusted himself on his pillows, grabbing one to hug it, knowing it would make him fall asleep faster. Jungkook noticed the pillow the other was hugging to his chest, and it caused him to smile at the sight, noting how cute Taehyung looked while hugging a pillow as he closed his eyes and made himself comfortable, "Thanks for letting me stay here, by the way."

The brunette boy gave the other a cute nod with a smile, eyes opening to look at the older boy beside him, "Of course, anytime." Jungkook smiled gratefully at the younger as he made himself comfortable on the bed as well. He sighed, noting how comfortable his bed was compared to his own. He really needed to take tips from Taehyung on how to be neat, and find out where he got his mattress. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course you can, Tae," Jungkook said softly with a smile as he watched Taehyung sit up a little, pillow in his lap as he bit his bottom lip. He looked over at the older, debating if he should as his question or not, but he felt like he couldn't back out now, so he might as well just tell him, but he didn't want the raven-haired boy to get mad or offended.

"Is it true you attacked me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 11.8K 55
Broken, Taehyung's parents moved him to a new city for a new start. The shy, fragile boy, lucky enough to have made three friends, suffered judging f...
12.7K 994 24
❝They look at us as if we're some strange specimen they can't figure out... like we're ridden with diseases that they have to cure- going as far as t...
118K 4.3K 62
"W-Why are you even jealous over him?...." Jimin sobbed "Because I love you, you idiot" Suga shouts at Jimin with tears threatening to leave his eye...
5.3K 171 23
Book 1 Min Yoongi only had his mother. His father didn't accept Yoongi being gay. He even forced him to be with a girl but that didn't change anythin...