Unforgettable Second Chances...

By CeruleanBlues

When Raine was just a child, someone had promised her that he would one day come back for her and they would... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 (part one)
Chapter 8 (part two)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (part one)
Chapter 10 (part two)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13 (part one)
Chapter 13 (part two)
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 (part one)
Chapter 17 (part two)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 - SPECIAL CAMEO
Chapter 25
Marcus' Wish

Epilogue

13.9K 319 7
By CeruleanBlues

So as promise, here is the final ending for this story! *smiles*

Enjoy, and please don't forget to vote! :D

note: not edited

hugs and kisses *mwwahh*

~CeruleanBlues~

==========================================================

Two months later. . .

There was a soft knock coming from the door.

I paused from the page where I was reading a book in the library, and composed myself into the proper Countess position. From the day I married Gregory Blaire,the current Earl of Sommerton, I was officially given the rank of being his Countess of Sommerton.

Needless to say, I have to learn the proper ways of being a countess that took me numerous of lessons to be learned, to the point that I have given myself from learning. Seriously, I thought it would easy to learn those kind of stuff since it would be like learning some basic numbers and alphabets.

Somehow, it was the total opposite of my assumption.

Why I took this up?

I don’t want to embarrass and ruined Gregory’s family name knowing about the news that his wife was a total ignorant and klutz of being a countess. Although, he did told me that it wasn’t necessary for me to learn all those things and what the news would reveal about me. Being just the way I am was already enough for him because that was the person whom he fell in love and married.

That was, of course, sweet of him to say those words.

“Darling, are you in here?” Gregory’s head appeared from the door. When he saw me sitting on the couch, he stepped inside the room before closing the door. “Mrs. Cavanaugh has been looking for you an hour ago regarding about—

I groaned loudly, not even giving the oppurtunity to hide my irritation.

“—your lessons for today,” he finished with amusement plastered on his face, while holding back a laugh. I scowled at him, to some extent he burst out laughing. “Come now sweetheart,” he said while composing himself from laughing, “Mrs. Cavanaugh, isn’t that bad in tutoring you.”

I glared at him. No she isn’t, in fact, she’s a total nightmare.

“She may be an old lady, but she’s really a nice person when it comes to teaching this proper etiquette stuff,” he continued.

“I’d like to see you trade places with me for a day and see how I differ your definition of her being nice,” I shot back as I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Of course, I couldn’t,” he chuckled, then went to seat beside me. He grabbed my hand and gently patted it. “Why should she teach me about it when I already know everything? Besides, if I recalled correctly,” he grinned at me, “you did asked me to hire the most expert teacher when it comes with the lessons of becoming a proper countess.”

True, I did asked him about it but it didn’t meant that he should have hired a tutor with an attitude as fierce as a dragon. Even if she was an old lady with the age of eighty-five.

Yes, my fierce dragon teacher is eighty-five years old and still, strong and tough like a bull.

It was like I’ve signed up in becoming a soldier for World War 3.

When I was first introduced to her by Gregory, at first I thought of her as a sweet old lady and assumed that we would get along. Although by the time Gregory said that he was going to have a meeting with his tenants, I assumed otherwise of all the things I thought about her.

She was like a 5-star general in an army when she began teaching the stuff I need to know of becoming a proper countess. She keeps saying like, “A proper countess should walk like this. . .”, “A proper countess should eat properly while using the correct utensils. . .”, “A proper countess should appear demure and remain proper posture. . .” kind of stuff.

I heavily sighed.

Maybe I should have agreed with Gregory about not necessary learning those kind of stuff. After all, he did love and marry me for just being myself and not for someone I’m not.

“Are you feeling alright Raine?” he asked with full of concern from his voice.

I turned to faced him and saw that he was generally concern of my welfare. Since, I was in the middle of my pregnancy, he was becoming too cautious of me to the extent that he wants me stay bedridden until the baby comes out. Of course, I argued him about it, giving many sanely reasons why I shouldn’t stay in bed. Thames River would probably freeze before I would agree with him.

“I’m alright,” I said. When he seemed unconvinced of what I told him, I leaned forward and gave him a kiss. He immediately responded my kiss, and wanted to do more, when I leaned back with a satisfied smile on my face.

Gregory slightly groaned, and scowled at me. “Why did you stop?”

I lift one eyebrow at him. “Must I remind you that we’re inside the library?”

“So?”

“So it means, we can’t make out here,” I grounded out, although a blush certainly crept on my face.

“Couldn’t we make this an exception just for once?” he pouted like a child, and he was showing off those puppy eyes look.

Tempting it maybe, but I just remained firm about my stand. “Gregory, you and I both agreed that we’ll only do it when were alone,”

“But we are alone!”

“In our bedroom,” I scowled at him.

We look at each other, until Gregory reluctantly agreed. I smiled victoriously at him. “So while we’re both here inside, and me escaping myself from my lessons,”I murmured silently my second statement. “Why don’t we have a talk.”

“I’d rather have that we make out right now on this couch,” he said dryly.

I just rolled my eyes at him, as I picked up the book I was reading awhile ago, as I was trying to escape from Mrs. Cavanaugh’s military discipline lessons. Seriously, I would really find a nice way of saying that I wouldn’t be needing of her tutoring me, since my husband already loves me for who I am and not necessarily need to learn those proper countess ways.

“I’ve been reading some books lately, finding what name should we call our baby,” I said while rubbing gently on my belly. “There are so many interesting and wonderful names from the books I’ve read, although I wanted to know your opinion as well.”

“Well, whatever name you would call to our baby, its fine with me.” He moved himself from the couch and bend infront of me as he lay a hand on my stomach before he kissed it. He looked at me and smiled as he said, “As long as I know you are going to be the mother of my children.”

Awww. . . That was really sweet of him!

I smiled at him, trying to control the tears slowly appearing in my eyes. Sometimes, Gregory surely surprised me of him wicked at one point, then sweet on the next. Although, it doesn’t matter to me because he’s my husband and, more importantly, I love him.

Of course, our special time together was ruined when Walters knocked and and informed that Mrs. Cavanaugh was getting impatient of waiting for me. He also reminded Gregory that he has an appointment with the manager of his northern estate.

I grumbled in irritation whilst Gregory just laughed.

He stood up from his position, and gave me a quick kiss on the lips before he headed for the door. “You should go ahead also,” he said then grinned, “Don’t want to keep that dragon tutor of yours waiting, else you’ll get burned when she releases a flaming hot fireball from her mouth.”

My eyes widen when he said the words. I didn’t realize that I was saying aloud what I was thinking, and wanted to ask him if he could refrain from informing Mrs. Cavanaugh about what I said, when he interrupted. “One more thing,” he said, when he was at the door. I just looked at him waiting for him to continue.

“If it’s a boy, I want to name him ‘Chance’ because you found your second chance to find true love in me. And if it’s a girl, she would be named ‘Fate’ since I believe it was fate that you and I meet and fell in love with each other, despite the obstacles we’ve been through,” he then left after he explained.

I stood alone in the library, before a smile slowly appeared on my face.

Chance and Fate would suite perfectly as the names of our soon-to-be little angels created by our love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57 0 24
Raine Hope is the only word which makes to live every second. I hope for a better life. Love. Family. But pain is the gift I got in my life. I am swa...
1.4M 50.1K 52
1St in #possesive 1ST in #abuse 1ST in #arrangedmarriage 1ST in #hatelove 1ST in #rich 1ST in #tortured The next thing she knew was that she was sl...
2.2M 114K 54
"You see him as an heir of your empire and not as a family member. All you care about is the inheritance and not the child. If all you want is an hei...
169 5 9
The love grew like a bursting blossom every day. She could hardly believe herself falling for him. She wanted his life and his time for her until the...