Years Like No Other || (BTS X...

By trashburger

Hogwarts holds many secrets, so do the students. Plenty of students have caused issues, but many students sho... More

Background
Introductions
1 - Jealousy
2 - A Slytherin and a Gryffindor - Part 1
3 - A Slytherin and a Gryffindor - Part 2
4 - Where's Jimin?
5 - New Friends
6 - Thankful
7 - Eavesdropping
8 - Quidditch
9 - Jungkook's Heart
10 - Animagus
11 - You-Know-Who
12 - Christmas - Part 1
13 - Christmas - Part 2
14 - Confession
15 - Sharing Secrets
16 - Flight
17 - Mother and Father
18 - Followed
19 - Feelings
Ask Questions!
Thank You!
A/N
A/N (2)
Stars Preview
A/N ×3 (Sorry about all the A/Ns)
Stars Sneak Peak
Published!
Thank You ×2
Lost At Sea Rewritten Published
Years Like No Other Year 2 Published!

20 - The Journey's End

2.9K 104 15
By trashburger

~Please read the A/N at the end of the chapter, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy! ~

     Your face went bright red, you opened your mouth to answer but Yoongi cut you off.

     "Nevermind, that was a stupid question."

     "Yoongi, I-" You were cut off again.

     "You don't have to answer just forget I said anything." He said, "Let's just stay friends, I don't want anything to change between us."

     "Yoongi-"

     "I have to go, I still haven't packed my things."

     He started to leave and you sighed, he wouldn't let you answer but there was still one thing you needed to know.

     "Are you going to be staying with your parents after what happened at the Ministry?" You finally managed to ask. He turned back to you and thought for a moment.

     "No, Jimin's family is allowing me to stay with them." He responded.

     "Really? Maybe we can see each other over the summer then?" You smiled at him, "You know, I didn't even know you and Jimin were cousins until recently, it's strange."

     "Jimin and I have never been close. We only met once before we started going to school together, and even then we barely knew anything about each other."

     "Really? Why's that?" You looked at him, as curiosity filled your voice.

     "Well, my mother and Jimin's father are brother and sister. Jimin and I met a few years after the first wizarding war began, my parents decided to join You-Know-Who as part of his army, and Jimin's parents were repulsed at the idea. So, they were disowned by the whole family. Which is why Jimin and I never became close." He sighed, "But I'm glad that I finally have a relationship with him, he's almost like a brother at this point, so thank you, Y/N."

     "Me?" You pointed at yourself, confused.

     "Yeah, had we not met on the Hogwarts Express at the start of the year, I probably would've become a Death Eater like my parents."

     "I don't think so..." You responded, "You're a good person at heart. Sure, you can be a bit cold and such, but you're kind, and I admire that quality in you."

     "Thanks..." He smiled slightly as his cheeks turned pink.

     "No problem," You looked around, wanting to accept going on a date with him, but maybe he changed his mind because he only said it out of impulse, "I should go, I also have to pack some things for the end of the year."

     He nodded, he didn't want to see you go, but he didn't want to make things awkward.

     You left and headed to the Gryffindor common room where you saw Jin sitting on the sofa in front of the fire place. He turned to look at you and smiled slightly.

     "Hey," He said.

     "Hey..."

     "Everything alright?" He asked, looking at you nervously.

     "Yeah, just... confused is all."

     "Did something happen?"

     "Yoongi asked me on a date-"

     "HE WHAT!?" Jin shouted, jumping up from the sofa, his jaw dropped and his eyes were wide.

     "Let me finish," You replied, "Yoongi asked me on a date, then he just, changed the subject kind of..."

     "Oh, phew." He sighed and looked relieved. You raised your eyebrow at him.

     "What? Were you scared that he beat you to the punch?" You said, almost flirtatiously.

     "Are you... flirting with me?" He started bursting with laughter, then he doubled over and held his stomach.

     "What!? Am I not able to flirt!?"

     "No, you suck at it, it's weird when you try to flirt with anyone." He continued to laugh. You huffed and puffed out your cheeks.

     "Hmph, like you're any better." You turned, crossing your arms over your chest. He stopped laughing and walked over to you.

     "Aren't you just so cute when you're irritated." He chuckled and poked your cheek. Your face instantly went red.

     "Wh-" You were cut off by Jin's laughter.

     "Now that was flirting."

     "Ugh, you're so annoying."

     "And handsome, and funny, oh don't forget handsome." You rolled your eyes,

     "Stupid."

     "-ly handsome." He added. You rolled your eyes again, but smiled slightly.

     "Hah, I did it, see I am funny."

     "And you have narcissistic tendencies."

     "I'm sorry, but I can't hear your negativity over my handsome face."

     "Now you're just being excessive."

     "That's one of my, many, specialties." He said jokingly, "You know I won't stop until you admit it, you know that right?"

     "Admit that we should start taking mirrors from you?"

     "You wouldn't dare!"

     "Oh I would."

     You both started laughing, filling the almost empty room with your laughter. After a few moments of giggling and such, you both calmed down and sighed. You looked at each other silently. The only things you could hear was the sound of the fire crackling, and your breathing. Jin opened his mouth to say something but hesitated for a moment, you looked at him questioningly, with an eyebrow raised, then he finally began to speak.

     "Why did you run away?" He looked at you intently, the glow of the fire and candles scatteref thought the room lighting his intense features. You hated to admit it openly, because it would only enhance Jin's ego, but he truly was really attractive. Then again so were all of your friends.

     "What do you mean?" You asked, breaking out of the trance you were in.

     "In the supply closet, with the mistletoe, why did you leave? Did you not feel the same way? Because it's been eating me alive ever since it happened."

     You stayed quiet, it's not that you didn't WANT to kiss him. It was just so sudden and almost out of nowhere, plus you didn't want your first kiss to be in a supply closet. Not only that, you didn't know if you wanted your first kiss to be with Jin.

     "Well, I-"

     "You know, nevermind, it's not a big deal. You don't have to answer."

     "No! You deserve an explanation. I know that you have feelings for me, judging by the fact that you tried to kiss me, but, I'm just not sure that I feel the same. Don't get me wrong, you're one of my closest friends, and I care about you a lot, but I'm just not sure yet..." You paused for a moment, "Also, I want my first kiss to be special, not in some random supply closet."

     "Oh, I see-" He started, "Wait! Your first kiss!? You've never kissed someone before?"

     "Of course she hasn't, this is Y/N we're talking about here." You and Jin both jumped realizing Jungkook walked through the entrance of the common room. "Ever the idealist, as usual."

     "What's that supposed to mean? And how long have you been standing there?"

     "Nothing, also I came in after you guys stopped laughing."

     "So you-" Jin started.

     "Yup."

     "Oh my god." Jin facepalmed out if embarrassment.

     "I can't believe you almost kissed Y/N. You know, I would've said 'you beat me to it' but you didn't so."

     "Wait, what?" You asked.

     "I'm joking." Jungkook chuckled to himself.

     It seemed like everyone was flirting with you in some shape or form today. Between Jin, Jungkook, and Yoongi, it was a little weird. Especially with Jungkook, you thought of him as a little, sometimes obnoxious, brother. And then there was Yoongi and Jin, who you're really close with, and you've definitely had the thought of possibly dating one of them, but you had the feeling it would be extremely awkward. Not only for you but for the rest of your friends.

     You shook you head then looked back at Jin and Jungkook.

     "Have you guys finished packing yet?" You questioned, changing the subject.

     "Yeah," They spoke in unision then turned to each other, then looked back at you.

     "Weirdos," You mumbled to yourself.

     "You know," Jungkook began, "I've been thinking, and it's going to he weird going back home. Every year I find myself becoming more and more attached to this place."

     "Agreed, and now that I have to right seven letters every week for the rest of the summer my hand is going to be in pain. I'll also have to commission some more of those custom postal stamps with my face on it."

     "Please don't." You and Jungkook said instantly.

     "Wow, rude." You chuckled then said,

     "It is going to be strange though, especially after what's happened this year. And I'm really going to miss you guys."

     "Awe, we'll miss you too Y/N." Jungkook said, sweetly.

     "As you should." You said as you flipped your hair over your shoulder dramatically.

     "And I'm the narcissist?" Jin said, as the three of you broke out into laughter.

-

     It was the next morning and everyone was at the train station boarding the Hogwarts express.

     You had already gotten your bags onto the train and now you were saying your goodbyes to Anya, Lena, Tammy, and Vivian out on the platform with Nova right by your side. You had decided to ride with the boys on the way back so it was likely you wouldn't see them again until the next school year began.

     The five of you exchanged hugs and goodbyes and you all promised to write to each other over the summer. Once you had finished wishing each other well you boarded the train and entered the compartment where the boys were sitting down and chatting with each other. Jimin had left a space between him and the window for you to sit.

     You smiled and listened to them chatting, and just as your year had begun, you looked out the window, with your friends, old and new, while Hogwarts faded from view.

♤♧♤♧♤

Thank you all so much for reading and supporting this story. And thank you for 15k reads!

This story will return with our character's next year at Hogwarts. And in the meantime I will be posting a new story. I have outlines for a few and I'd appreciate your guys' input!

I've already talk about them before but I've copied and pasted them here so you dont have to go back and search for them.

The first one would be set similarly to England during the Tudor Dynasty. It would be another BTS x Reader fanfiction and I was thinking of doing multiple endings for each of the guys.

The second would be kind of like a rewrite of my other book "Lost at Sea" except it would be a bit more cohesive and it would have a different storyline, and it would also be BTS x Reader with multiple endings as well.

The third would be a lot more magical, and centered around things like the stars and zodiac.

Also if you have any questions about the story, characters, or for myself, that haven't been answered fully feel free to ask in the "Ask Questions" chapter! And if there's anything you'd like to see in the future please don't be afraid to let me know!

One more thing before I go. I've asked this before but I just want to make sure, would you guys prefer it if I were to write their next year at Hogwarts in this same book or create a new book for the next year? Because if I continue the story in this book I'd like to mark it completed, I also think it would be good to keep things more organized if I write the next year in a new book, but I'll leave it up to you guys!

Thanks again so much for sticking around no matter if you read from when this story was first posted or if you just started reading today, I truly appreciate everyone of you and I love you all!

Thank you so much!

     -trashburger

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 396 25
After the Great Battle, Hogwarts realized they had always done things the wrong way. In an effort to fix that they decide the students needed to bui...
51.9K 2.4K 20
"You do know I'm going to see you. Why not just now, love?" Hoseok x Reader Fanfiction Highest Ranking: #1 readerxhoseok #2 btshoseok Some mature con...
8.9K 393 36
As a princess living a sheltered life, family ties have been a little off. One day, an elven prince comes to visit and dangerous events begin to unfo...
2.7K 251 44
Status- Completed *Based on true incidents that happened throughout BTS' journey* " Was he really clueless? Or did he outsmart their fate?" A BTS x...